BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 112 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So it sounds like teams trending up are:

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

Maybe this is not accurate, just going off what I’m hearing with player movement.

Not sure I buy Stars trending up. They lost their best player but picked up several backups from better A clubs. No real game changers. Even if they improved, the gap between them and the rest of NGLL A division is so great, i doubt it shows up on the field

The only starter they may have lost is NOT their best player by far. They kept all their top players plus added some top players from Pride and BLC. Not saying they will beat Heros or M&D but should be more competitive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Stars added "top players from Pride and BLC" then it def hurts Pride and BLC.

Seems to be different takes on what "top player" is, vs "bench player".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Stars added "top players from Pride and BLC" then it def hurts Pride and BLC.

This

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hear Sw 27 coach moving to M&D. Any truth to this ?

Where did you hear this? Shelly has been involved with SW for years. I can’t imagine she is leaving, although I guess anything is possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can tell you with 100% certainty Stars didn't add any starters from BLC. Players may be an upgrade to Stars but will have minimal impact to BLC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not to be mean, but bench players from BLC and Pride would be an upgrade to Stars current roster.

BLC top players not going to Stars YET. Maybe next year. Ones potentially switching are not top players.

But you are correct, Stars struggled against mid-level B teams. Against A comp they would get smashed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if anyone else hear is going to AU Futures next week. Any idea how many teams MD will have this year?

My daughter will be playing on the Delaware team since the MD tryout date conflicted with NGLL.

My daughter did it last year and did it again, I'm told MD will have two teams. Last year, seemed more organized. Had schedule and rosters out in early June. Here it is a week away and nothing out yet.
I hope its not just a bunch of games with rotating college kids who just sub players in.

Rosters are out. 2 MD teams. Not quite an A team and B team but one of the teams is markedly stronger than the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if anyone else hear is going to AU Futures next week. Any idea how many teams MD will have this year?

My daughter will be playing on the Delaware team since the MD tryout date conflicted with NGLL.

My daughter did it last year and did it again, I'm told MD will have two teams. Last year, seemed more organized. Had schedule and rosters out in early June. Here it is a week away and nothing out yet.
I hope its not just a bunch of games with rotating college kids who just sub players in.

Rosters are out. 2 MD teams. Not quite an A team and B team but one of the teams is markedly stronger than the other.

The one team has HG players (and ex-players). I expect that team to dominate the games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one team has HG players (and ex-players). I expect that team to dominate the games

Yes. Will be shocked if they don’t play long island team in the finals.

Looking at rosters should be good competition. Clearly those are top 2 teams. The Mass team (legendary) is only team is would call “weak”. For the other six I think anyone could beat anyone else.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you hear this? Shelly has been involved with SW for years. I can’t imagine she is leaving, although I guess anything is possible.

Has kids in program , doubt it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the rosters?

They were emailed out yesterday afternoon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any more roster changes?

Odd the "Alliance California 2027" team is ranked Top-10. Highest ranked team they beat was #31 Gold Coast. Shouldn't even be up for rankings with only 10 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alliance is basically an All-Star team from kids from all over Southern CA. (Orange County, San Diego and even AZ. and Utah). Not even sure what they are doing is legal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alliance is basically an All-Star team from kids from all over Southern CA. (Orange County, San Diego and even AZ. and Utah). Not even sure what they are doing is legal.

Watches the boys models lacrosse bleeds over into the girls game. Regional & national teams will be coming with guest players every weekend. 3Step and True are going to help make this happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would it be illegal? What tournament has geographic limitations on teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From my understanding, it's not a standard team that plays week in and week out, they plunk girls from other SoCal teams. It would be like M&D, Hero's, NEMS, etc, picking their top players, putting them on a team, calling it "Alliance Maryland", and playing in the Mid-Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watches the boys models lacrosse bleeds over into the girls game. Regional & national teams will be coming with guest players every weekend. 3Step and True are going to help make this happen.

Bunch of teams from mid west already doing this. All American aim is just an example

Pull best girls from 4-5 states and compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bunch of teams from mid west already doing this. All American aim is just an example

Pull best girls from 4-5 states and compete

The big thing that many of these parents miss is that these all star teams are just like playing pickup. These teams will overpower the grossly less talented teams, but they aren't playing "team " lacrosse. So the slightly less talented teams that are cohesive (and frankly more prepared/organized) are used to playing with eachother and have that advantage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flaw in the UC Club rankings is the amount of pts you get for blowing out bad teams.

11-2 victory over BBL North (67th ranked) should not be more impressive than a 4-9 loss over EagleStix (4th ranked)

Also, you'd think 20 games miniumum to prevent these "all star national" teams from being in the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flaw in the UC Club rankings is the amount of pts you get for blowing out bad teams.

11-2 victory over BBL North (67th ranked) should not be more impressive than a 4-9 loss over EagleStix (4th ranked)

Also, you'd think 20 games miniumum to prevent these "all star national" teams from being in the rankings.

Us club rankings are not accurate. Teams playing in 5A pools should be ranked 1-10. Playing lower brackets and winning should not be worth as much. Might encourage teams to play up and prove how good they are. All teams look at rankings and would be mad if they can’t move up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Us club rankings are not accurate. Teams playing in 5A pools should be ranked 1-10. Playing lower brackets and winning should not be worth as much. Might encourage teams to play up and prove how good they are. All teams look at rankings and would be mad if they can’t move up.

Its fairly accurate though.Its not exact, but pretty good, the flaw, again, is when you have a team with small sample size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside of the Alliance, who would you move around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are directionally right in the top 10, but I think from 20-50, there are some teams who should def be higher because they either play in A+ bracket and get blown out or get punished for blowouts against weak teams in their own region..

Overrated
- 20 Steps CA
- 23 Coppermine Black
- 31 Salt City

Underated
- 47 Monster
- 46 Atlanta Storm
- 48 Team 180 (ranking killed because they brought weak team to LFTC)
- 41 Southern Zone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overrated
- 20 Steps CA
- 23 Coppermine Black
- 31 Salt City

Underated
- 47 Monster
- 46 Atlanta Storm
- 41 Southern Zone[/quote]

I agree Team 180 and Monster being underrated. 180 is pretty strong at a few age groups as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 180 is better than they’ve played as of recent, for sure. I actually think that HHH team from Philly is underrated; their defense play LGS hard and have a few really impressive middies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overrated
- 20 Steps CA
- 23 Coppermine Black
- 31 Salt City

Underated
- 47 Monster
- 46 Atlanta Storm
- 41 Southern Zone

I agree Team 180 and Monster being underrated. 180 is pretty strong at a few age groups as well.[/quote]

They've used guest players which is why you see such change in their performances from one tournament to the next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are directionally right in the top 10, but I think from 20-50, there are some teams who should def be higher because they either play in A+ bracket and get blown out or get punished for blowouts against weak teams in their own region..

Overrated
- 20 Steps CA
- 23 Coppermine Black
- 31 Salt City

Underated
- 47 Monster
- 46 Atlanta Storm
- 41 Southern Zone

Wouldn’t call Coppermine overrated at 23. They are a solid team with only big losses to M&D and Hero’s Green. Recently beat Prime Time and lost to Jesters by only 1 who played in the Mid-Atlantic Championship. Played LBC and MDU closely too. Beat NEMS by 5 when NEMS had a full roster. They may not have superstars but do have a roster full of talented and athletic players. They are behind all of the Maryland teams they should be but are better than NEMS and most teams outside of top 15 teams… actually better than some too. Are 2-0 against Prime Time within last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine’s worst lost was by 8 to Integrity, really hurt their standings.

I think they belong in top-20, though inconsistent the last two years. I wonder how they made out in tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time is over rated. Pride has beaten them twice in the last two tournaments as well as Coppermine. I would put them 12/13 and bump the others up a rung.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time is over rated. Pride has beaten them twice in the last two tournaments as well as Coppermine. I would put them 12/13 and bump the others up a rung.

Spot on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pride is a really well coached team and they have a tall/strong girl that wins most of the draws. That advantage will dissipate as girls catch up

They are one of the best teams but no super stars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've noticed they tend to play all of their players instead of running the offense through a few of their top players. A few other teams do this as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've noticed they tend to play all of their players instead of running the offense through a few of their top players. A few other teams do this as well.

That's ideal to build a strong team and obviously depth.

I do wonder how Pride will be once Capital starts up in HS. They will most likely lost some top kids to Capital.

Any other player movement of note? How much did Skywalkers improve? LBC (Now M&D Shore appears to have kept their players)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's ideal to build a strong team and obviously depth.

I do wonder how Pride will be once Capital starts up in HS. They will most likely lost some top kids to Capital.

Any other player movement of note? How much did Skywalkers improve? LBC (Now M&D Shore appears to have kept their players)

Rosters aren’t published yet but heard SWB added 6-8 girls, mostly at mid and defense where depth was serious issue

They are trending in right direction, good coaches and nice girls. Zero drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it's anything like the 26s, it will be a mass exodus. At least 13 from Red alone went to Capital, 3 to Renegades, 1 to M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be big loss for SW if she is. Where is she going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big congrats to Md. team Impact on AU Futures Championship. Total class acts. Good things happen when the girls treat each other as team mates and play unselfish. Great lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding Athletes Unlimited, its important to keep in mind, the money does directly to finance the Womens Pro League. If you are a supporter of Pro Women's lacrosse, don't think of this as a "money grab".

That being said there are some things that need to be fixed going forward:

1) More small group training with the Pros, specific to the position
2) Scoreboards on field are a must. I witnessed a number of times the scores were off, according to parents tracking, one of which may have cost a team at a championship.
3) Revisit the idea of "regions". No reason to have teams losing by 15 or 17. Yes, its cool to rep your region and play amongst rival local girls, but obviously its not even, or anywhere close.
4) Fix the schedule, some teams played three straight games? Others had a break between, as all should.

Page 61 of 112 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard