BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 144 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My so played for Express for one season 2 years ago. I was generally very happy with the organization. My son easily made the blue team (2nd best?) He was one of the best players on the team and stared every game. I'm sure he could have continued and excelled in this organization. The issue became the price. If you can afford, its great. With other kids, we found another organization that is half the price. We are very happy there as well. As for the Catholic school thing, I think it may be somewhat true, I know many kids that play for Express. If it comes down to two kids of equal talent, they will probably take the Catholic kid, however if you kid is clearly better, no need to worry.

The Catholic school thing only begins to pollute the evaluation process if you indicate that your kid is not interetested in ever going to Catholic school. So, until about 8th grade the issue should not factor in to the evaluation process but beware that this is always an undercurrent with the Express. Try faking that your son might be interested in transfering to Catholic school even if he really isn't. That might buy you some more time with the best team. But once its clear that your son isn't enrolling, watch out. It's definately possible that a public school kid could still play on the best Express team in the higher grades but I agree with the above post that with two equal kids, the tie will always go to the Catholic school kid. This is a private organization and they can pick and chose kids however they see fit on any on/off field evaluation critera they choose. There will always be the lemmings that will continue to follow the flock and stare blindly into the light as they go to slaughter - don't be a lemming.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a newbie. can someone explain to me what the turtles are? I Read a lot abot them but dont see them listed as a LI club on the right. Thanks

The Tenacious Turtles are a team that is under the LI Express organization umbrella as their A team for the 2017 age group. They don't have tryouts for this team it's invitation only and almost the entire team has been together for the last 4 years. The owner of Lacrosse Unlimited runs the team and his son is on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a newbie. can someone explain to me what the turtles are? I Read a lot abot them but dont see them listed as a LI club on the right. Thanks

The Turtles are a team that is assocoated with the Long Island Express. They are a 2017 team that always plays up. Probably one of the best teams for their age group in the country. You get asked to play for them. There are no tryouts. They have their own web site: http://turtleslax.com/

They are amazing to watch...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are the best team in the country at the 2017 grade for sure just like the 91 Xtreme (www.91xtreme.com) are the best 7th grade team in the country. also amazing to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Turtles are a team that is assocoated with the Long Island Express. They are a 2017 team that always plays up. Probably one of the best teams for their age group in the country. You get asked to play for them. There are no tryouts. They have their own web site: http://turtleslax.com/

If they are so great how come the first 2017 to commit isn't from the turtles? And didn't the greatest team in the world just lose to Dukes 2017 last month?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are the best team in the country at the 2017 grade for sure just like the 91 Xtreme (www.91xtreme.com) are the best 7th grade team in the country. also amazing to watch.

If 91extreme is the best team in the country and lost to the express terps one most wonder if the terps are the best team in the universe but they lost to the crabs so the crabs must be the best team in the galaxy........or, maybe they are all just good teams,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they are so great how come the first 2017 to commit isn't from the turtles? And didn't the greatest team in the world just lose to Dukes 2017 last month?

Actually, the "greatest" team in the world hasn't won much lately. All good things do come to an end!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2020 team? We never hear about this year. Competitive in the A division? How are the coaches and are spots available?

There top 2020 team is very good. I doubt there are many (if any) available spots to make that team.
There is no way that I would have a kid play on their "B" and "C" teams anymore. You will paying around $3,000 to be on a team that is just formed for them to make money.
If your kid can make the top team of one the other reputable groups and be with a solid coach, you are much better off. It will also cost you less than half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any given Sunday! (Or Saturday, sometimes Friday night.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Tenacious Turtles are a team that is under the LI Express organization umbrella as their A team for the 2017 age group. They don't have tryouts for this team it's invitation only and almost the entire team has been together for the last 4 years. The owner of Lacrosse Unlimited runs the team and his son is on it.

Does anybody really know what the relationship is between the turtles and the Express? What does the Express get out of "the relationship" and what do the Turtles get out of it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the 2020 team? We never hear about this year. Competitive in the A division? How are the coaches and are spots available?

There top 2020 team is very good. I doubt there are many (if any) available spots to make that team.
There is no way that I would have a kid play on their "B" and "C" teams anymore. You will paying around $3,000 to be on a team that is just formed for them to make money.
If your kid can make the top team of one the other reputable groups and be with a solid coach, you are much better off. It will also cost you less than half.

The 2020 team is ok. All the coaches kids (3) play ALL the time. They try to play in tournaments they know they can win. Truth is 2020 91 (Crush) blows them away. Not even a contest. I don't even like team 91, but the truth can't be denied!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anybody really know what the relationship is between the turtles and the Express? What does the Express get out of "the relationship" and what do the Turtles get out of it?

Turtles are a hand picked team associated with LIE. 2017 age group. Supposed to be the best of the best for that age group. No expense has been sparred for their training. Truth is they had a great run, but are having a little trouble maintaining their elite title, not bringing in the tournament wins they enjoyed in the past. As this group of boys enters their HS years now, it will be interesting to see what happens to them. Some really good players there, but then again there are a lot of really good plays that don't play for the turtles as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles are a hand picked team associated with LIE. 2017 age group. Supposed to be the best of the best for that age group. No expense has been sparred for their training. Truth is they had a great run, but are having a little trouble maintaining their elite title, not bringing in the tournament wins they enjoyed in the past. As this group of boys enters their HS years now, it will be interesting to see what happens to them. Some really good players there, but then again there are a lot of really good plays that don't play for the turtles as well.

Still doesn't explain exactly what the relationship is between the Express and Turtles. Turtles seem to function completely seperately from the rest of the Express. Do they even show up to the Express organizational meeting that all other express teams attend to pay, be fitted for uniforms, be told what the tournament schedule is etc...? I'd really like somebody to explain what the association is. Just curious but it seems odd. I really don't see the benefit for either party and why the Turtles seem to operate independently unlike any other express team in any other grade if they really are part of the Express. What's the deal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great info on the 2021 teams thanks...Which team is the better team and how is the second team..Also who coaches these teams and if they have kids on the team what posision are they...Thanks again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still doesn't explain exactly what the relationship is between the Express and Turtles. Turtles seem to function completely seperately from the rest of the Express. Do they even show up to the Express organizational meeting that all other express teams attend to pay, be fitted for uniforms, be told what the tournament schedule is etc...? I'd really like somebody to explain what the association is. Just curious but it seems odd. I really don't see the benefit for either party and why the Turtles seem to operate independently unlike any other express team in any other grade if they really are part of the Express. What's the deal?

Why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's been a 2017 commit? Who and from where? Please back up your statement with facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will their ever being a second turtles team or once the 17's are done so are turtles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care so much. I think the question has been answered like 5 times on this thread...move on to the 91 website...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If 91extreme is the best team in the country and lost to the express terps one most wonder if the terps are the best team in the universe but they lost to the crabs so the crabs must be the best team in the galaxy........or, maybe they are all just good teams,

91 Extreme beat Express Terps 2 out of the 3 times they played this year and was 2-0 against the Crabs. They are each good teams, but 91 Extreme gets the nod for Spring/Summer 2013 - they have the better body of work: head to head record, overall record and number of tournaments won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme beat Express Terps 2 out of the 3 times they played this year and was 2-0 against the Crabs. They are each good teams, but 91 Extreme gets the nod for Spring/Summer 2013 - they have the better body of work: head to head record, overall record and number of tournaments won.

How are the Turtles the "best" team in the country when they lost three tourneys this summer? Including the Nat championship a few weeks ago/ (didn't even make into the finals!) ???? Other better teams from PA and MD. Even CA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that owner's other son plays for Express.

And the Lacrosse Unlimited logo appears on most Express uniforms.

One hand washing the other. Nothing more, nothing less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about 91......please leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on how you want to spin this. Extreme did beat the Terps in a "Preseason Tournament". In season, they beat them in a preliminary game then lost to the Terps in the CHAMPIONSHIP at LI LAXFEST, 91's premiere lacrosse tournament.
That said, the tread is about putting Extreme in the same breath as the Turtles. While the Extreme is "one " of the best teams in the 2018 age group, the Turtles NEVER lost or tied to any team thier age group when they were rising 8th graders. Extreme has 2 losses and 2 ties "in season" to 2018 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And that owner's other son plays for Express.

And the Lacrosse Unlimited logo appears on most Express uniforms.

One hand washing the other. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok. So if Lacrosse Unlimited (Turtles) gets their logo on most Express uniforms. What does Express get out of the relationship? A cut of the annual Turtle fees? Free/discounted uniforms? Practice time in the Turtle dome? Any other benefits to either side? Doesn't seem like there's really much there that either side benefits from. Does this "all in the family" prevent either side from poaching players from the other or is there a "hands off" unwritten rule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Extreme not even in the same universe at the Turtles. My son has played against both teams and the Turtles are clearly one of the best teams in the country in their age group. 91 Extreme are a very good team but not even close to the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are the Turtles the "best" team in the country when they lost three tourneys this summer? Including the Nat championship a few weeks ago/ (didn't even make into the finals!) ???? Other better teams from PA and MD. Even CA!

Turtles are a 2017 team. They always play up in EVERY tournament they play in. National Cahmpionship are 2016 teams Mr. Lacrosse...understand???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Extreme not even in the same universe at the Turtles. My son has played against both teams and the Turtles are clearly one of the best teams in the country in their age group. 91 Extreme are a very good team but not even close to the Turtles.

I don't think the poster was compating the 2018 Xtreme and the Turtles. The comparison was made between the 2018 Terps and Xtreme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, how can your son play against both teams if one is a 2017 team that always plays up, and the other a 2018 team that usually plays up? Assuming 2018 team only plays up by one grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 extreme a very good team. 2018 express terps and crabs are also very good teams. 91 beat terps 2 out of 3 this year, but the loss was 4 to 1 in the chanpionship game at laxfest. Terps went 1 and 1 with the crabs this year.

Hard to give anyone the nod, but if it makes the 91 people feel better, I would agree as a terps parent that 91 extreme is a tiny little bit better...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Extreme? Aren't they a year younger?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on how you want to spin this. Extreme did beat the Terps in a "Preseason Tournament". In season, they beat them in a preliminary game then lost to the Terps in the CHAMPIONSHIP at LI LAXFEST, 91's premiere lacrosse tournament.
That said, the tread is about putting Extreme in the same breath as the Turtles. While the Extreme is "one " of the best teams in the 2018 age group, the Turtles NEVER lost or tied to any team thier age group when they were rising 8th graders. Extreme has 2 losses and 2 ties "in season" to 2018 teams.

The thread is not comparing Xtreme to the Turtles, it is comparing Extreme to the Terps and the Crabs. Spin all you want, but Xtreme beat the Terps 3 of the last 4 times they've played, and beat the Crabs both times they played this year. T

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke is the best team in the country, after that who cares. And to the 91extremly annoying parents that obsessively post on the Express web site, go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care so much. I think the question has been answered like 5 times on this thread...move on to the 91 website...

You obviously don't have an answer or at least not one that you can articulate very well. I think you should move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I am a newbie. can someone explain to me what the turtles are? I Read a lot abot them but dont see them listed as a LI club on the right. Thanks

You obviously don't have an answer or at least not one that you can articulate very well. I think you should move on.

you started this conversation saying you were a newbie but your follow posts imply that you are asking a question you already know the answer to. I am not involved in the Turtles but it seems like your question has been answered.

Many organizations have teams within the organization that have similar set ups. They play under the organizations banner but really operate completely independently, The turtles seem to be very separate, They wear their own uniforms, not sure if any money goes through the express (who cares) but at the end of the day if they win a tournament the picture goes up on the Express web site and in turn the Express buys all their stuff from lacrosse unlimited so it seems that they are better together then they would be apart.

Now that the Turtles are established maybe they don't need the Express but in the beginning the Express name gave them some credibility and the Turtles coach is keeping the affiliation out of appreciation and loyalty (something you don't usually associate with club lacrosse)

Maybe the Turtles started as a town team and the coach wanted to break away from the town team and some weaker players and to not offend anybody went to Express and set it up through them rather then be an independent team and have the town folk upset at him.

I am most interested in why you care so much about this private team playing for this private organization?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen, what don't you understand people...unless your team has an OFFICIAL PERSONAL WEBSITE, (thought they were part of an organization, but I digress...)screaming your 12/13/14 yr olds' accomplishments...your team means nothing..... If nobody is questioning the "relationship" between 2 businesses, because that is what these teams and organizations are... your kids accomplishments mean nothing.... Deep breath people, deep breath...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's been a 2017 commit? Who and from where? Please back up your statement with facts.

Yup its a fact. Player is NOT from LI and NOT a Turtles player. And the second 2017 commit is coming very soon, also NOT A TURTLE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles may best team.....not the best players. But great team chemistry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup its a fact. Player is NOT from LI and NOT a Turtles player. And the second 2017 commit is coming very soon, also NOT A TURTLE.

This "first 2017" commit is not even a true 2017 or from NY. He is a 2016 that announced that he will do a PG year a then be a "2017".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This "first 2017" commit is not even a true 2017 or from NY. He is a 2016 that announced that he will do a PG year a then be a "2017".

Huh? So, we are doing a prep year "before" even starting second year of high school now? What does that say about the state of college lacrosse? Scary stuff. Crack a book now and then boys, crack a book. They call it "college" lacrosse after all. Or is lacrosse going the way of most major college football programs?

And what if this kid was held back a year already? Maybe he'll be a 20 year old senior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs are the the best...can beat anyone, any time...91, Terps, Turtles...any time, any place

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 144 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard