BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37
Re: Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know who owns US club lax? Or multiple entities? Thx

Not sure who it is, but it the same group who owns US Lax Events, the #1 boys tourney promoter in the south and midwest.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Who are you kidding? Express has the same parents doing the same stuff except they do it while wearing polo shirts tucked into their short shorts which apparently makes them “classy.” Lipstick on a pig.

A lot of bitter 91 rage parents on here it seems . Stick to your losing team , it's about that time of year when you drink the Kool aid right before tryouts and stay with the same losing team . Same thing year after year . Next year will be " different" ...yeah I know . And as long as you have bearded trash on here as your spokesperson you shouldn't take it down a notch ....it's embarrassing

Keep crying 😭 😭😭

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bearded_Kaos
Who are you kidding? Express has the same parents doing the same stuff except they do it while wearing polo shirts tucked into their short shorts which apparently makes them “classy.” Lipstick on a pig.

A lot of bitter 91 rage parents on here it seems . Stick to your losing team , it's about that time of year when you drink the Kool aid right before tryouts and stay with the same losing team . Same thing year after year . Next year will be " different" ...yeah I know . And as long as you have bearded trash on here as your spokesperson you shouldn't take it down a notch ....it's embarrassing

Keep crying 😭 😭😭

Bearded trash..... champion parent of the B league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the way Express played this weekend they’ll be in the B bracket pretty soon.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Keep crying 😭 😭😭

Bearded trash..... champion parent of the B league

Thank you 😃… my feelings will never be hurt but yours apparently are I’m sorry about that..one day you will become an adult untill than continue to be a 🤡 😭😭💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is that the best player on Machine for last five years (and not the F/O kid) is moving organizations so the kid gets different coaching with different voices in order to continue to develop his game. And that kid hasn’t even hit his growth spurt!!!
You're definitely this "rumored" kids father posting this. Not hiding that very well at all. Nobody talks about other people's kids in such detail and mentions growth spurts with exclamation marks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2027 Haugen: 26-24-2

I wouldn’t go spracking off too much about “a losing team.” Sounds like you have some work to do yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express parent here. Agreed. The team has no heart, fire or fire to be good. Mid tier at best, but that seemed true of this years entire 2027 group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone watch the 91 Fury parents this weekend how classless they were? It's embarrassing to Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesus this thread is a cesspool.... Do any of you realize that this is why LI Lacrosse parents have the stereotype they do? You've all clearly earned it....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the way Express played this weekend they’ll be in the B bracket pretty soon.

Where did they play this weekend ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who honestly would pay for a Express and 91 2nd and 3rd team of this age group ? Does anyone have a clue how much Tuition for teams this yr ? The big hidden secret untill they hit you with your son is accepted and 1st payment is due NOW please click enter . The QUESTION no one ever answer's on here .

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Jesus this thread is a cesspool.... Do any of you realize that this is why LI Lacrosse parents have the stereotype they do? You've all clearly earned it....

There’s plenty of out of state teams that are just as bad 👍🏽

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone watch the 91 Fury parents this weekend how classless they were? It's embarrassing to Long Island.

Who is Fury ? Long island team or Upstate ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see the all the 15-year old kids on the Laxachusetts "27" team carry them to victory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s plenty of out of state teams that are just as bad 👍🏽

Ahh.. the ol' "well they're doing it, so...."
I guess that makes it okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who honestly would pay for a Express and 91 2nd and 3rd team of this age group ? Does anyone have a clue how much Tuition for teams this yr ? The big hidden secret untill they hit you with your son is accepted and 1st payment is due NOW please click enter . The QUESTION no one ever answer's on here .

BUMP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BUMP

The question is always the coaches for 2nd teams. 91 has very good 2nd teams at 23, 27. 29 Express has very good 2nd teams at 23, 24, 25 and 26. It always the commitment made by the club that makes the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So tired of watching my on age 2027's on-age team go up against multiple kids on multiple 2027 teams who are 6' 0" 180- (not many 13 y/olds I know that are that size). Aren't these older kids/parents embarrassed to be playing against kids half their size? Do they think that this is a true measure of their kid's athletic prowess? As lacrosse becomes more popular, and 1 and 2 year reclassing becomes the status quo, the on age kids from Long island while getting tougher, are getting the s@#t kicked out of them. Who is this benefiting? Not to mention, by high school there are so many kids that don't have the option to reclass, going up against 1 and 2 year reclasses, adding to what is already an exclusivity problem for the sport of lacrosse. Thanks to World Series for evening the playing field for at least 1 tournament this summer since US Lacrosse doesn't seem to want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express parent here. Agreed. The team has no heart, fire or fire to be good. Mid tier at best, but that seemed true of this years entire 2027 group.

So is your son leaving ? Sounds like you can find that heart and fire somewhere else ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So tired of watching my on age 2027's on-age team go up against multiple kids on multiple 2027 teams who are 6' 0" 180- (not many 13 y/olds I know that are that size). Aren't these older kids/parents embarrassed to be playing against kids half their size? Do they think that this is a true measure of their kid's athletic prowess? As lacrosse becomes more popular, and 1 and 2 year reclassing becomes the status quo, the on age kids from Long island while getting tougher, are getting the s@#t kicked out of them. Who is this benefiting? Not to mention, by high school there are so many kids that don't have the option to reclass, going up against 1 and 2 year reclasses, adding to what is already an exclusivity problem for the sport of lacrosse. Thanks to World Series for evening the playing field for at least 1 tournament this summer since US Lacrosse doesn't seem to want to.

Been going on for years and won't be changing any time soon . And by the way nobody will remember the world series after this summer . So just deal with it ...may not be ideal but it's the way it is . No sense in crying about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest to be the one to tell you this, but it isn't always just because of reclassing. The 7th to 8th grade window is where the biggest disparities happen because everyone is hitting puberty and major growth spurts at different times. I've seen 6'0 180lb kid going against a 5'4 120 pounder and the latter is a full year older.
Yes, reclass is partially an issue, but let's stop banging that drum like it is the only issue facing lacrosse right now.

Guess what, if you get to HS and even college, you might stay 5'4 and have to go against a 6'5 defenseman. Quit your whining, have your kid develop some toughness and thick skin and get out there and play. That's one of the beauties of this sport, all players of all sizes can be successful. Stop making excuses for why your kid isn't good enough and work with him so that he gets better.

Life isn't fair, sports aren't fair. This is a competition, we keep score. There are winners and losers and you are going to be one or the other at some point. The best thing you can teach your son is how to deal with both and move on to the next challenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest to be the one to tell you this, but it isn't always just because of reclassing. The 7th to 8th grade window is where the biggest disparities happen because everyone is hitting puberty and major growth spurts at different times. I've seen 6'0 180lb kid going against a 5'4 120 pounder and the latter is a full year older.
Yes, reclass is partially an issue, but let's stop banging that drum like it is the only issue facing lacrosse right now.

Guess what, if you get to HS and even college, you might stay 5'4 and have to go against a 6'5 defenseman. Quit your whining, have your kid develop some toughness and thick skin and get out there and play. That's one of the beauties of this sport, all players of all sizes can be successful. Stop making excuses for why your kid isn't good enough and work with him so that he gets better.

Life isn't fair, sports aren't fair. This is a competition, we keep score. There are winners and losers and you are going to be one or the other at some point. The best thing you can teach your son is how to deal with both and move on to the next challenge.

Thanks holdback dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks holdback dad.
Good try, but as usual: way wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is on age and I agree totally. Or you can just keep complaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks holdback dad.

Stop crying 91 dad....nobody cares about the world series anymore . You can keep dodging big tournaments and crying about holdbacks but nothing is going to change . Grab a box of tissues it's going to be a long ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclassing is an (embarrassing) part of youth lacrosse. We all know it's not going away any time soon.

To the on-age kids who can keep up - good for them. They're learning toughness, grit, and how to compete even when you're starting at a small disadvantage.

To the kids who reclass - they're letting their parents pay for an extra year of tuition so they can compete against younger kids. I don't know what they're learning. But I guess if that's your thing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks holdback dad.

Stop crying 91 dad....nobody cares about the world series anymore . You can keep dodging big tournaments and crying about holdbacks but nothing is going to change . Grab a box of tissues it's going to be a long ride

Haha so true no one really does care about the WS . Keep paying that 5k

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks holdback dad.

Haha so true no one really does care about the WS . Keep paying that 5k

The difference in a 19 to 21 year old is not even xlos to 13 to 15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy tryouts this week anyone know anything about this team , coaches they travel alot and cost ? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference in a 19 to 21 year old is not even xlos to 13 to 15
And since this is a 2027 forum, we're talking 11-13 which is even more of a disparity. But the salient point remains, if you are complaing now about kids not being on-age, HS and college are going to be a massive issue for you and your kid when he is going against kids 4-5 years age difference than him. Learn to deal with it.

This is the biggest overarching issue with lacrosse parents today: they want to plow an easier path for their kid than do the harder thing: help them deal with the issues when it isn't fair, they will play against better, stronger, older faster kids and (SHOCKING!) will lose some games they should otherwise win. The other side of that same arguement is they will also WIN some games they have no business otherwise winning. It is competition plain and simple. If you aren't big enough get better at another skill, become a better feeder or GB guy until your size catches up.

You can whine about it, or you can get better. Stop the sob stories; here and on the sideline. It won't help your kid get better. In fact, you are hurting him more than you're helping

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all fun and games until your kid tears an MCL playing a kid 2 years older, 8 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all fun and games until your kid tears an MCL playing a kid 2 years older, 8 inches taller and 60 pounds heavier.

That will always stink, but what difference does it make when the same thing might happen in college? WIth the same disparity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you really say this? A kid gets hurt in college, that is one thing, these are grown men. But a 11 year old getting lit up by a 13 year old 2 times his size is bs. It should not be happening. The clubs let it happen, for numerous, notIntelligent reasons. And it may not change. But to say it is whining to point it out is also bs. All people want is a fair and level playing field. The clubs do not. They and their holdbacks are abusing the system at the cost of all other players. Call them out. The holdback kids and parents are weak, kid cannot make it on age, holdback. Rather than play down, they can play on age with the girls and pull a Lia Thomas. These tough guys are tough, puff out their chest, makes them tougher to play out of age, all this nonsense. Just wait until it is their kid with a broken leg. I know, nobody on this board is like that (ha!ha!) Do me a favor if you are so proud, put you kids name and age out their when he plays down. Actually, it does not matter. All the kids, parents, and coaches know anyway. So when your little unathletic Johnny scores 5 goals against kids 2 years younger and you think wow, he is great, the rest of us know your kid is just a big unathletic Lia Thomas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That will always stink, but what difference does it make when the same thing might happen in college? WIth the same disparity?

Exactly....stop the whining and play ball . Nothing is changing so deal with it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a difference between this type of injury happening when you’re in early adolescence versus when you’re a mostly grown young man. The procedure to correct may cause a growth abnormality leading to leg length inequality, or to angulatory deformity at the knee.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All the people saying deal with it are parents of a holdback 😭😭😭

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the people saying deal with it are parents of a holdback 😭😭😭

I suppose he doesn't even know that his son's club , team 91s top recruit going to Syracuse is a ......holdback . 19 years old .

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is where the issue is with everyone complaining about playing against other teams that aren't on age. I'm coming from the perspective of a travel and HS coach with multiple years of experience. My kids are young and just starting to play, so to head off the obvious retort: no, not a parent of a holdback player.

1. you can complain about it all you want, but your son is hearing it. So all they are learning that it is something out of their control and not their fault so when they lose or can't beat a better, older player it's because the system is rigged, not because they need to put more work in to get better.
2. Those kids then get to high school and SHOCKER they are now playing against kids 3-5 years age difference - which will be true for the rest of their playing days.
3. almost universally, every parent that sees their special little boy score 100 goals a year in youth an club ball suddenly can't break the lineup on JV and god-forbid they aren't on the varsity team freshman year because they can't beat out kids who are 3-5 years older than them. The conversation EVERY TIME: Well my son is a starter on his club team and he's done this and this, and his club coach tells us how great he is. That's all great, but in practice, he can't get past my 6th defenseman and has no off-hand and every time he tries to run through the entire defense he gets put on his butt and the ball's going the other way.
4. those same kids can't handle the adversity because they've never had to face it before. Mommy and Daddy have been paving the way for so long that now when it is up to them, they don't have the skills and experience to face it and they fold.
5. You can complain all you want, but that isn't changing it. This is the reality. Is it fair? Should it be this way? Probably not, but its the way it is. So when all your whining and complaining is done, your son still has to go out and face it and he is doing it without any experience or tools to handle it. How about you expend that energy working with your son to get through it and handle the adversity and prepare them for it because he WILL face it in the future.

I have heard this year in and year out and the only thing that changes is there are more people to have the same conversation with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is where the issue is with everyone complaining about playing against other teams that aren't on age. I'm coming from the perspective of a travel and HS coach with multiple years of experience. My kids are young and just starting to play, so to head off the obvious retort: no, not a parent of a holdback player.

1. you can complain about it all you want, but your son is hearing it. So all they are learning that it is something out of their control and not their fault so when they lose or can't beat a better, older player it's because the system is rigged, not because they need to put more work in to get better.
2. Those kids then get to high school and SHOCKER they are now playing against kids 3-5 years age difference - which will be true for the rest of their playing days.
3. almost universally, every parent that sees their special little boy score 100 goals a year in youth an club ball suddenly can't break the lineup on JV and god-forbid they aren't on the varsity team freshman year because they can't beat out kids who are 3-5 years older than them. The conversation EVERY TIME: Well my son is a starter on his club team and he's done this and this, and his club coach tells us how great he is. That's all great, but in practice, he can't get past my 6th defenseman and has no off-hand and every time he tries to run through the entire defense he gets put on his butt and the ball's going the other way.
4. those same kids can't handle the adversity because they've never had to face it before. Mommy and Daddy have been paving the way for so long that now when it is up to them, they don't have the skills and experience to face it and they fold.
5. You can complain all you want, but that isn't changing it. This is the reality. Is it fair? Should it be this way? Probably not, but its the way it is. So when all your whining and complaining is done, your son still has to go out and face it and he is doing it without any experience or tools to handle it. How about you expend that energy working with your son to get through it and handle the adversity and prepare them for it because he WILL face it in the future.

I have heard this year in and year out and the only thing that changes is there are more people to have the same conversation with.

GREAT post! And no my kids are not holdbacks.

Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard