BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 112 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adding talent is always the goal, but there is something to be said for team chemistry. Role players as well, who know their job and do it well. Adding 3-4 middies to a team stacked at middie, that could backfire in other ways. We are reaching the age now where some kids are going to be asked to move from middie to defense or another spot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NEMS coppermine still having tryouts.
Coppermine had a supplemental tryout

I thought I heard Coppermine will try to have 2 teams like M&D, Hero’s, TLC, and Skywalkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they are adding a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is something to be said for the coach that understands How to develop athletes not only physically but mentally. Its not hard to take a player that has talent and put them on the field to win. Teaching kids how to lose is just as important as teaching them how to win. I understand wanting the W, but remember college coaches are not recruiting the whole team. It becomes sad when the parents want it more than the child. Its a game that ultimately will never pay your mortgage, let the kids enjoy their time to shine and hope they grow and develop other skill sets than just winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D not posting rosters this year? Seems they added some talent, which means they must have dropped some talent, wonder where those kids go to?

Should happen today. And then the Red rosters will constantly change throughout the week.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D not posting rosters this year? Seems they added some talent, which means they must have dropped some talent, wonder where those kids go to?

Should happen today. And then the Red rosters will constantly change throughout the week.

M&D usualy doesn't post until the first round of acceptance so as not to scare off girls on waitlist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a lot of movement from Hero's White

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D usualy doesn't post until the first round of acceptance so as not to scare off girls on waitlist.

Actually, they used to post the rosters immediately (they'd say when the teams would be announced prior to their sale). And as someone else said, you'd see the roster for Red change day to day for a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, their best 3 players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's best 3 players? Hero's White? If so where are they headed?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's best 3 players? Hero's White? If so where are they headed?

BLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 of their best...1 highly overrated. Not all to BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, they used to post the rosters immediately (they'd say when the teams would be announced prior to their sale). And as someone else said, you'd see the roster for Red change day to day for a bit.

M&D rosters up. As someone said, only 3 cuts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you see this? Their homepage hasn’t updated the roster yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 of their best...1 highly overrated. Not all to BLC.

One is going to SWB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you see this? Their homepage hasn’t updated the roster yet.

You are not looking in the right spot then. Tryouts section

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Three NEMS middies to M&D? Obviously huge get for them, but I always thought M&D strength was their middies anyways.

Hopefully NEMS can add some talent to stay competitive in A divisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Three NEMS middies to M&D? Obviously huge get for them, but I always thought M&D strength was their middies anyways.

You are correct. The team moves their middies to attack during games so they don’t have to come off the field, which runs them into the ground. So idiotic. It’s still relying on baby-ball. They need to develop real attackers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They cut a couple defenders so I assume some position change in the works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need to develop real attackers.

Tell me your daughter got cut by M&D without telling me
your daughter got cut by M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. Try again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it sounds like teams trending up are:

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

Maybe this is not accurate, just going off what I’m hearing with player movement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. Try again

Car broke down on way to tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

Maybe this is not accurate, just going off what I’m hearing with player movement.

Here we go again with BLC trending down...based on what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

They will be fine. 2027 team is really good. Don't listen to the trolls.

Although I must say I noticed they don't play a very rigorous schedule. They play about half of the number of games as the other top programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. Try again

Nope. Just got stomped by M&D last season. Thus my deep insight into the workings of their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

They will be fine. 2027 team is really good. Don't listen to the trolls.

Although I must say I noticed they don't play a very rigorous schedule. They play about half of the number of games as the other top programs

Not trying to troll at all. Heard they lost several players to Stars and added some Hero's White? Is that inaccurate? Like I said in my post, I may not have accurate information.

Clear it up, how many kids did they lose and how many did they gain and from where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. Try again

Nope. Just got stomped by M&D last season. Thus my deep insight into the workings of their team.

So maybe you should focus your professional level insights into how offense works and join your daughter's coaching staff as to help them improve..

Teams like M&D and Hero's don't need middies playing attack and vice versa.

That's why they win

And if your daughter's team truly got stomped as you put it, maybe they moved kids to other positions for fun since the game was out of hand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

Who did HG add? I know they lost two solid defenders, and added a weaker one from MDU. Who else was added that trends then up?

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect. Try again

So maybe you should focus your professional level insights into how offense works and join your daughter's coaching staff as to help them improve..

Teams like M&D and Hero's don't need middies playing attack and vice versa.

That's why they win

And if your daughter's team truly got stomped as you put it, maybe they moved kids to other positions for fun since the game was out of hand

I wouldn't group Hero's and M&D into the same offense, both great teams and effective, but Hero's offense runs through the attack, unlike M&D, who relies more on production from middies, who have speed and create transition opportunities. Obviously M&D adding more middies, they will move kids around to get the best 12 girls on the field.

If I am an M&D attack, I'd be a little concerned about my future PT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

I'd put Hero's White at neutral. Picked up a few top players from B clubs. I'd say they pretty much said put.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

Not sure I buy Stars trending up. They lost their best player but picked up several backups from better A clubs. No real game changers. Even if they improved, the gap between them and the rest of NGLL A division is so great, i doubt it shows up on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero’s
Skywalkers
Stars

Teams trending down:

NEMS
BLC
Pride
Hero’s White

I'd put Hero's White at neutral. Picked up a few top players from B clubs. I'd say they pretty much said put.

Didn't they lose a coach? Didn't they lose like 1/3 of team? Even adding other kids from other B teams, still not good that kind of turnover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if anyone else hear is going to AU Futures next week. Any idea how many teams MD will have this year?

My daughter will be playing on the Delaware team since the MD tryout date conflicted with NGLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious if anyone else hear is going to AU Futures next week. Any idea how many teams MD will have this year?

My daughter will be playing on the Delaware team since the MD tryout date conflicted with NGLL.

My daughter did it last year and did it again, I'm told MD will have two teams. Last year, seemed more organized. Had schedule and rosters out in early June. Here it is a week away and nothing out yet.
I hope its not just a bunch of games with rotating college kids who just sub players in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter did it last year and did it again, I'm told MD will have two teams. Last year, seemed more organized. Had schedule and rosters out in early June. Here it is a week away and nothing out yet.
I hope its not just a bunch of games with rotating college kids who just sub players in.

Saw schedules posted to tourney machine. Dont know what team my daughter will be on though. Looks like five games total and should be done by 2pm Wednesday. Not exactly a day and a half, but oh well.

If Maryland has 2 teams and Delaware has a team too which based on tryouts will be all MD players, that's MD making up 1/3 of the 9 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They advertised that there would only be one coach per team. But they also said it was one team, per area, per grade, which is obviously not the case with 2 MD teams at several grade levels and merging 28s with 29s. Definitely turned out to be more about taking as many girls as possible ($$) as opposed to one team with the best girls from tryouts. I guess lesson learned for us - though hopefully there's value in the experience and maybe making new friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hear Sw 27 coach moving to M&D. Any truth to this ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't know Stars had a best player?? Where did she go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They advertised that there would only be one coach per team. But they also said it was one team, per area, per grade, which is obviously not the case with 2 MD teams at several grade levels and merging 28s with 29s. Definitely turned out to be more about taking as many girls as possible ($$) as opposed to one team with the best girls from tryouts. I guess lesson learned for us - though hopefully there's value in the experience and maybe making new friends.

Personally, I think they should just take the best kids and mix the teams across regions. Would be a much better experience. last year, for some region, my daughter wasn't put on the MD team with her club teams. She ended up having a much better experience than her club teammates who played with mostly MD girls she knew.

Page 60 of 112 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard