BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 112 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
She’s probably their second best defender. From what I understand she just has the wrong last name. Three girls share last name with coaches and they all play defense
What club are we talking about?
Heros defender that may be going to SW

The tryouts aren’t over at any of these places.
I get the excitement about these potential new faces.
But lots of kids try out at different spots. For different reasons.

Don’t forget. Trying out, preforming well, getting invited, and accepting the invite are all important steps too.

Not just the trying out part.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She’s probably their second best defender. From what I understand she just has the wrong last name. Three girls share last name with coaches and they all play defense

She is very good and nice kid too, big pickup for SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am probably not going out on a limb with these predictions. But from the chatter and talking to a few parents we know from other teams.

Hero's and M&D have had lower turnout numbers but the "free agents" who have shown up have been high quality. Expect them to be stronger. Clearly separating themselves in Maryland. Probably for the next 3-4 years.

Bethesda had a good turnout. But probably not a lot of changeover. Still strong. They didn't need much

Skywalkers will improve. Lots of kids trying out. They were lacking top level talent. And speculation is as many as 10 new faces on Blue. I'd bet a lot of current Blue players end up on white. Or leave all together. But this was needed. The 27 team has been a bottom dweller for a few years now. Maybe this kickstarts a climb. Even so, they won't challenge Hero's or M&D. The players moving to Skywalkers are solid, but not Elite.

Nems and MDU are bleeding top level players. If they accept spots on other teams based on their tryouts, these 2 teams could be in trouble. Which is a shame.

Do not know anyone on Coppermine. But would think with all of the facilities they have now, they should attract good mid-level talent.

Hopefully everyone finds the right home for their daughters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on all of that.
Anyone not making a top level team in Baltimore should go to Coppermine. They are growing and get in the best tournaments.
Tlc , crush , sw white are all below average options for lacrosse loving kids and families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am probably not going out on a limb with these predictions. But from the chatter and talking to a few parents we know from other teams.

Hero's and M&D have had lower turnout numbers but the "free agents" who have shown up have been high quality. Expect them to be stronger. Clearly separating themselves in Maryland. Probably for the next 3-4 years.

Bethesda had a good turnout. But probably not a lot of changeover. Still strong. They didn't need much

Skywalkers will improve. Lots of kids trying out. They were lacking top level talent. And speculation is as many as 10 new faces on Blue. I'd bet a lot of current Blue players end up on white. Or leave all together. But this was needed. The 27 team has been a bottom dweller for a few years now. Maybe this kickstarts a climb. Even so, they won't challenge Hero's or M&D. The players moving to Skywalkers are solid, but not Elite.

Nems and MDU are bleeding top level players. If they accept spots on other teams based on their tryouts, these 2 teams could be in trouble. Which is a shame.

Do not know anyone on Coppermine. But would think with all of the facilities they have now, they should attract good mid-level talent.

Why don't you wait until tryouts are over before you post this speculation. Heros and M&D separating themselves? Wow, breaking news.

End of day, unless you are replacing good starters for great starters, you aren't really widening the gap against other teams. Replacing backups for backups isn't making a difference. Now if M&D and Hero's found new starters at tryouts, fine, but what happens to the starters on Heros and M&D they are replacing?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine won't attract top talent. Their best chance is picking up some free agents who didn't make Heros, M&D or SW top teams.

Definitely saw some good new players at SW tryouts, problem is that most of it was at attack which is by far SW's strongest position. They will be better, but won't be challenging any of the top 4 or 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, the question is…. Why in the world does an adult feel the need to come in here calling a team
Of 12 year old girls “irrelevant “? Just say why did M&D only beat NEMS by one when on paper they should be them solidly

I hope you feel better about yourself by insulting 12 yr olds. jeesh

Because the person doing the insulting, is also a kid. There's no age restriction on this forum...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine won't attract top talent. Their best chance is picking up some free agents who didn't make Heros, M&D or SW top teams.

Definitely saw some good new players at SW tryouts, problem is that most of it was at attack which is by far SW's strongest position. They will be better, but won't be challenging any of the top 4 or 5.

Hardest spot to find talent is defense. Not many kids want to do it, or are actually good at it and most parents want their kid scoring goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, the question is…. Why in the world does an adult feel the need to come in here calling a team
Of 12 year old girls “irrelevant “? Just say why did M&D only beat NEMS by one when on paper they should be them solidly

Because the person doing the insulting, is also a kid. There's no age restriction on this forum...

Because most of these people posting are desperate for their favorite teams to overtake the competitors.

M&D and Hero's fans aren't posting this. They don't care what the competition is doing. They worry about themselves.

It's the people associated with teams who finished BELOW the teams being knocked who are being petty. They hope teams struggle to their daughter's team's benefit.

It's been a common practice here forever - The pettiness and criticisms over fields, clinics, tournaments played in etc. etc. have zero effect on anyone outside the program. If you dont like how a programs run, go elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because most of these people posting are desperate for their favorite teams to overtake the competitors.

M&D and Hero's fans aren't posting this. They don't care what the competition is doing. They worry about themselves.

It's the people associated with teams who finished BELOW the teams being knocked who are being petty. They hope teams struggle to their daughter's team's benefit.

It's been a common practice here forever - The pettiness and criticisms over fields, clinics, tournaments played in etc. etc. have zero effect on anyone outside the program. If you dont like how a programs run, go elsewhere.

Bingo. 💯

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardest spot to find talent is defense. Not many kids want to do it, or are actually good at it and most parents want their kid scoring goals.

And this is why Heros and M&D are generally the best programs around. The put talented players on D and get them to love D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on all of that.
Anyone not making a top level team in Baltimore should go to Coppermine. They are growing and get in the best tournaments.
Tlc , crush , sw white are all below average options for lacrosse loving kids and families.

Reality is that Coppermine's biggest competitive is going to be Hero's White, M&D Red and maybe in some cases, NEMS. Any kid who can play on a top Baltimore team will. Their challenge will be getting kids who would otherwise go to top clubs B teams. If they could get the top few players on Hero's White, they would be better fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Hero’s on Nationals. Kids played great today. We’ll get you next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems top 3 to M&D and couple others trying out elsewhere

M&D black team is stacked and got stronger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say lots of girls were at multiple tryouts from lots of teams. I would think lots of teams got stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW had 9 to 11 defensive players tryout this week. Maybe a complete rebuild. I hear they are waiting until after the tourneys to make offers? That's a little late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW had 9 to 11 defensive players tryout this week. Maybe a complete rebuild. I hear they are waiting until after the tourneys to make offers? That's a little late.

6-8 new players and offers are going out but asked not to share until after tournament.

Some girls moved to white or will leave program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's only one ball and only 12 kids on the field at a time. I know its easy to say that adding 2-3 top kids is going to make these already elite teams get better, but doesn't always work out that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like M&D didn't take a lot of new players. Most girls who thought they were on the bubble made the team. Only 3 cuts confirmed so far (and 2 were very obvious).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like M&D didn't take a lot of new players. Most girls who thought they were on the bubble made the team. Only 3 cuts confirmed so far (and 2 were very obvious).

Lets of good options for those 3 that were cut, assuming you are talking M&D Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets of good options for those 3 that were cut, assuming you are talking M&D Black.

Yes. 2 will likely move to Red. Another will likely try her luck at another club. Not sure if there are more cuts but this is all my daughter confirmed. Completely understand some cut girls may not want to tell anyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. 2 will likely move to Red. Another will likely try her luck at another club. Not sure if there are more cuts but this is all my daughter confirmed. Completely understand some cut girls may not want to tell anyone.

I doubt very seriously anyone has been told they were cut. Some teams are playing this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt very seriously anyone has been told they were cut. Some teams are playing this weekend

Some girls have definitely been told they were cut. Also, others with competing offers have been told they have a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have offers gone out? Weird timing with Mid Atlantic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW moved their tryouts up to compete w other programs that went early. They weren’t happy about it but had no option.

Awful timing for everyone including programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why people feel the need to so mean?!?!? Quite impressive! Must have a miserable life! feel bad for you friend!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW moved their tryouts up to compete w other programs that went early. They weren’t happy about it but had no option.

If the game is to continue to grow and bring in more and more talent and develop, ALL the clubs need to take a stand and start tryouts after the very last tourney. Then stagger them so everyone can attend and find the best fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the game is to continue to grow and bring in more and more talent and develop, ALL the clubs need to take a stand and start tryouts after the very last tourney. Then stagger them so everyone can attend and find the best fit.

No. If any changes are made, it will be more common for clubs to ask for commitment before tryouts start. This is how is works in many, if not most, other regions.

Heros does this for some older girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]. Replacing backups for backups isn't making a difference.

Exactly.

The top clubs understand this and the middle ones don't.

How often in recent years has M&D or Heros added a new girl who didn't play or make an impact? Having girls on the bench who are happy not playing alot is a big asset for the team and really helps chemistry.

Not to say teams shouldn't look to add; they absolutely need to. But the best ones only add pieces which will help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for mid-atlantic.

Here are mine.

Group winners (and playoff qualifiers)

Blue: Renegades
Grey: M&D Black, Pride
Green: Rebels
Pink: YJ A, Aces
Purple: Alliance CA
Yellow: Eagle Stix Grey, Rev

Semis: YJ A over Pride, Aces over M&D
Final: Aces over YJA

Watch out for Alliance CA in the quarters thought. They will give Aces of YJ a heck of a game and wouldn't be shocked if they pulled the upset. They are a top team and have no business being in such a weak division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

Watch out for Alliance CA in the quarters thought. They will give Aces of YJ a heck of a game and wouldn't be shocked if they pulled the upset. They are a top team and have no business being in such a weak division.

You can pull every kid in Southern California together and form a team (which is what Alliance is) and they ain't sniffing Aces, M&D or YJA

M&D beats Aces in final. I predict this only because they play each other every tournament....sometimes more than once. 2 best teams. Good luck to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

You can pull every kid in Southern California together and form a team (which is what Alliance is) and they ain't sniffing Aces, M&D or YJA

M&D beats Aces in final. I predict this only because they play each other every tournament....sometimes more than once. 2 best teams. Good luck to everyone.

💯

In ten years, it’ll be different

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

💯

Probably right. Cali, Colorado, Florida, maybe even Texas. Lacrosse is starting to grow and more girls are playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D's strategy of not telling anyone until Sunday night was never feasible since all clubs aren't doing this. If you have a competing offer and ask M&D, are they not going to tell you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unbalanced schedule favors M&D. Three of the four best teams are in Pink…Aces,YJA, and Eagle Stix. And they all play one another. At least one won’t make bracket play, and possibly two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unbalanced schedule favors M&D. Three of the four best teams are in Pink…Aces,YJA, and Eagle Stix. And they all play one another. At least one won’t make bracket play, and possibly two.

True, but STEPS and YJ does this in every tournament they schedule. It’s no surprise to anyone that is close to the game. STEPS schedules the US Nationals. It’s no a coincidence that 2 YJ teams meet in the first round of bracket play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Robbing A - clubs to put their players on bench of M&D Heros isn’t growing the game,

NGLL not going to be strong but who cares right? All about big boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

💯

Probably right. Cali, Colorado, Florida, maybe even Texas. Lacrosse is starting to grow and more girls are playing.

You think anything is designed to “grow the game”, far from it. You have elite teams coaches calling parents to poach their kids , soley to weaken competition, that’s a reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

Here are mine.

Here are mine.

More than that. Their best player is from Colorado.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are mine.

They may not be M&D or Aces, but they aren't getting blown out either. Alliance CA is the fifth best team in this tourney, behind M&D, YJ, ES and Aces. And definitely a top 10 team nationally. They would beat anyone else in the tourney and most of them easily.

Page 58 of 112 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard