BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 112 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And fortunately, it was optional for those who didn’t have $30 to drop on such a “frivolous” event.[/quote]
So, it was all about the $$$ for England! Did M&D charge their players to scrimmage China? No wonder the NEMS program is going downhill fast![/quote]

I’m not a huge fan of nems as a program but I’ll say this, the 27 team and head coach are solid. Not sure if they’ll keep the team together but Erin did great job w the team over the years[/quote]

I agree. The 27 head coach is about the only thing they have going for them. From what I heard they have a new Director in training and will also have a brand new recruiting POC soon. Not sure I would want my daughter going there anytime soon; especially if she has a desire to play major Div. 1 lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And fortunately, it was optional for those who didn’t have $30 to drop on such a “frivolous” event.
So, it was all about the $$$ for England! Did M&D charge their players to scrimmage China? No wonder the NEMS program is going downhill fast![/quote]

I’m not a huge fan of nems as a program but I’ll say this, the 27 team and head coach are solid. Not sure if they’ll keep the team together but Erin did great job w the team over the years[/quote]

I agree. The 27 head coach is about the only thing they have going for them. From what I heard they have a new Director in training and will also have a brand new recruiting POC soon. Not sure I would want my daughter going there anytime soon; especially if she has a desire to play major Div. 1 lacrosse.[/quote]

Here are my issues w NEMS as a program

1. Parent coaching of own kid, it’s hard to not be influenced by own kid and their friend group. Bias

No issue w qualified parents coaching but shouldn’t coach own kid when someone is paying thousands of dollars

2. Fields are crappy at best

3. No real history of player development and placement into big D1 programs

Sad thing is, if nems could retain all the talent in Harford and northern Balt County they would be very very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And fortunately, it was optional for those who didn’t have $30 to drop on such a “frivolous” event.
So, it was all about the $$$ for England! Did M&D charge their players to scrimmage China? No wonder the NEMS program is going downhill fast!

I agree. The 27 head coach is about the only thing they have going for them. From what I heard they have a new Director in training and will also have a brand new recruiting POC soon. Not sure I would want my daughter going there anytime soon; especially if she has a desire to play major Div. 1 lacrosse.[/quote]

1. Parent coaching of own kid, it’s hard to not be influenced by own kid and their friend group. Bias

No issue w qualified parents coaching but shouldn’t coach own kid when someone is paying thousands of dollars

Sad thing is, if nems could retain all the talent in Harford and northern Balt County they would be very very good[/quote]

Heros also has the same issue with parent coaching, across all the age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, it was all about the $$$ for England! Did M&D charge their players to scrimmage China? No wonder the NEMS program is going downhill fast!

I’m not a huge fan of nems as a program but I’ll say this, the 27 team and head coach are solid. Not sure if they’ll keep the team together but Erin did great job w the team over the years

Sad thing is, if nems could retain all the talent in Harford and northern Balt County they would be very very good[/quote]

Heros also has the same issue with parent coaching, across all the age groups.[/quote]

That is a benefit of Skywalkers, parents can coach but not own kid. For example, the 23B team coach has twins on 24B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw on Facebook Coppmine welcomed Janine Tucker so all the rumors and speculations were true. Glad she will stay involved with local lacrosse but wonder how this impacts their tryouts next week? Feel M&D and Hero’s attract the top girls but wonder if this helps Coppmine over NEMS, SW and TLC which all draw from the same girls. Curious to see.

Doubt it attracts new players, but will probaly help keeping the best players they already have, especially on some of their younger age groups which are top teams.

Seems it was the world's worst kept secret and I just don't get how this is some giant splash that would attract kids to Coppermine. The 2028 team is by far their best grad classs, they need to do whatever they can to keep those kids together.

Coppermine 2027 was really been heading wrong direction since 5th grade, losing to the 28s last week has to be lowpoint.

What is it that she'll be doing with the club? "Coordinator and consultant" is vague. For those already bought in, it's a feather in the cap...but I'm not sure this announcement is enough for those who were considering going elsewhere to be swayed?

BS title and nothing else. She might help with the first tryout to get parents juiced, then you'll never see or hear from her again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw on Facebook Coppmine welcomed Janine Tucker so all the rumors and speculations were true. Glad she will stay involved with local lacrosse but wonder how this impacts their tryouts next week? Feel M&D and Hero’s attract the top girls but wonder if this helps Coppmine over NEMS, SW and TLC which all draw from the same girls. Curious to see.

It may help getting some players to help fill out their rosters. But it's not gonna land the girls they need to make a difference.

I've seen it a million times. A big name shows up at tryouts and then disappears for the other 364 days of the year. Classic club lax move, that doesn't amount to much for the kids.

Truthfully, Coppermine would be better off spending those tuition dollars on a cinderblock wall at their practice fields to help their stickwork.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about to get fun! Who do we think are the winners and losers of tryouts? Anyone losing talent? Who is gaining the most?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers are going to level up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS title and nothing else. She might help with the first tryout to get parents juiced, then you'll never see or hear from her again.[/quote]

Wow!!!! You must have magic powers to know how she will spend her time for the next year. Cudos to you.

If it doesn’t affect your kid why do you care so much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it attracts new players, but will probaly help keeping the best players they already have, especially on some of their younger age groups which are top teams.

Seems it was the world's worst kept secret and I just don't get how this is some giant splash that would attract kids to Coppermine. The 2028 team is by far their best grad classs, they need to do whatever they can to keep those kids together.

Coppermine 2027 was really been heading wrong direction since 5th grade, losing to the 28s last week has to be lowpoint.

What is it that she'll be doing with the club? "Coordinator and consultant" is vague. For those already bought in, it's a feather in the cap...but I'm not sure this announcement is enough for those who were considering going elsewhere to be swayed?

BS title and nothing else. She might help with the first tryout to get parents juiced, then you'll never see or hear from her again.

Correct me if I’m wrong but her sister helps run Coppermine and coaches one of the teams? I am not sure how this plays out for next weeks tryouts but I believe she will be involved as she loves the game and wants to build the love within the girls. My daughter has been to one of her camps and loved her. Doesn’t mean we’ll leave our current team from them this year but it does peek my interest and I’ll keep an eye on it for next year possibly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about to get fun! Who do we think are the winners and losers of tryouts? Anyone losing talent? Who is gaining the most?

Gotta be honest, this time of year is rough. Going to be kids who think they are safe who will lose their spot. Going to be kids who are leaving a good situation for what they think is a better situation only to regret it in 6 months.

I’d just as soon fast forward a few weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Define level up. Be better than they are, I think most would agree. Be able to be competitive against the top 3 or 4 MD team? pretty doubtful

They will get better, but that just means being at the level of coppermine and NEMS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta be honest, this time of year is rough. Going to be kids who think they are safe who will lose their spot. Going to be kids who are leaving a good situation for what they think is a better situation only to regret it in 6 months.

Amen, tension is high for many girls and parents.

Just remember, they are 13…support em no matter what

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than a couple weeks. This is the time of their careers when it gets very competitive. Don't be surprised if your daughter's new team is bringing in new girls for a tryout in September. This is when rosters get very, shall we say, fluid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Define level up. Be better than they are, I think most would agree. Be able to be competitive against the top 3 or 4 MD team? pretty doubtful

They will get better, but that just means being at the level of coppermine and NEMS.

Skywalkers 2027s? Doubtful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name other teams, besides Skywalkers, without patent coaches? Seems like hard position to fill without that being common.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any reports on #s at tryouts tonight? Curious as to numbers for SW, M&D and Heros.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any reports on #s at tryouts tonight? Curious as to numbers for SW, M&D and Heros.

60-70 at SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

Parents know 12-15 spots open on SW Blue. They need a talent overhaul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name other teams, besides Skywalkers, without patent coaches? Seems like hard position to fill without that being common.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think any of the Coppermine 2027 coaches are parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

That’s wild. Could make a third team with those numbers. Wonder if M&D red could be competitive in the vain of Hero’s White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

I counted 63. More Interesting is that at least two of their top middies weren’t there. If SW loses them, they could be moving in wrong direction fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

Not sure this is accurate. It looked more like 50 at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

That’s wild. Could make a third team with those numbers. Wonder if M&D red could be competitive in the vain of Hero’s White.

Not even close. At least 30 of them are only there for black team. They may struggle to fill their red team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

Wasn't

Closer to 50-55

I'm sure similar to most others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

Suppose the second and third tier teams like NEMS can pick up the leftovers and remain irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

I counted 63. More Interesting is that at least two of their top middies weren’t there. If SW loses them, they could be moving in wrong direction fast.

They were at UMD camp and coming back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

Suppose the second and third tier teams like NEMS can pick up the leftovers and remain irrelevant.

Probably. But the question remains- why does M&D struggle so much with beating irrelevant teams like NEMS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

Probably. But the question remains- why does M&D struggle so much with beating irrelevant teams like NEMS?
Everyone knows great teams sometimes tend to play down to the level of their opponent...even inferior teams like NEMS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

NEMS has, well had, a good amount of talent. No shame in playing a team like NEMS close. Good luck to NEMS this year. Or whatever is left of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does HEROs get Stronger or weaker?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some nems girls leave for M&D?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

60-70 at SW

80 ish at M&D

Fake news. There were not 80 girls. Maybe 50.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She’s probably their second best defender. From what I understand she just has the wrong last name. Three girls share last name with coaches and they all play defense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She’s probably their second best defender. From what I understand she just has the wrong last name. Three girls share last name with coaches and they all play defense
What club are we talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros defender that may be going to SW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suppose the second and third tier teams like NEMS can pick up the leftovers and remain irrelevant.[/quote]

Probably. But the question remains- why does M&D struggle so much with beating irrelevant teams like NEMS?[/quote]
Everyone knows great teams sometimes tend to play down to the level of their opponent...even inferior teams like NEMS.[/quote]

No, the question is…. Why in the world does an adult feel the need to come in here calling a team
Of 12 year old girls “irrelevant “? Just say why did M&D only beat NEMS by one when on paper they should be them solidly

I hope you feel better about yourself by insulting 12 yr olds. jeesh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did some nems girls leave for M&D?
If so, would be the best decision they have ever made. At this point, any team other than NEMS would be a better choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros defender that may be going to SW

Heros mommy/daddy ball strikes again.

Page 57 of 112 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard