BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TG won’t get new girls if they hear the way the coach treats them. Watch and listen to a game before your send your girls to that team.

Absolutely, we played them and their player was in tears on the field.

Recruiting desperation starting to show in these stories

Every coach is tough but this is degrading

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG won’t get new girls if they hear the way the coach treats them. Watch and listen to a game before your send your girls to that team.

Absolutely, we played them and their player was in tears on the field.

Recruiting desperation starting to show in these stories

Every coach is tough but this is degrading

You are pathetic. My daughter played for SS, and AS. They were tough but fair. You sound like your daughter should be playing the violin, not travel sports. If you can’t take a little yelling, please don’t let your kid play sports in college. It will be a disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls are not going to YJ. Are we sure there're the best on the island. FLG and TGA are close behind (flg mostly) FLG is in good tournaments now and that list will grow. FLG looks to be a even bigger threat then this year next year. YJ has problems anywhere, bad coaching, girls not playing, FLGs problem is roster size, which is going to grow and now FLG is playing competitively. What's the point in playing in good tournaments if you are not playing, as we know FLG is playing in good tournaments and definitely playing their girls.

Basically an FLG infomercial....

FLG playing in top tournaments yet weaker brackets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ageee about top guns. I had a daughter on older team who since left abs they were miserable. My kid has her faults but coach belittles them, tells them they “stink”, and the list goes on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Eagle Stix blue their A or B team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg’s win against yj was a fluke. You will see that next weekend when yjb and tg pummels them. They lost their best players to tg and yj last year and will struggle against top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue is A Grey is B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue is A Gray is B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ageee about top guns. I had a daughter on older team who since left abs they were miserable. My kid has her faults but coach belittles them, tells them they “stink”, and the list goes on

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes you need to hear it. Get better or go home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg’s win against yj was a fluke. You will see that next weekend when yjb and tg pummels them. They lost their best players to tg and yj last year and will struggle against top teams.

Yes of course it was a fluke as well as the 2 other games played essentially even against YJA.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the win over YJA was definitely a fluke. Being down 2-0 and then outscoring them 7-1 to end the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m interested in hearing info about possible teams for my daughter. She plays pal and school, now wanting to give travels shot. Can someone give their thoughts/info on empire and jesters? B level stuff. Or any Nassau based teams. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ES blue played Liberty Black today and it was a massacre. 17-4 according to TM. We played them last year and they are as hyped.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I looked at us club lax Bc I thought Flg had big wins reading these posts and was interested in trying out if I was missing something. FLG is 1-5 vs top 10 teams and YJ a is 7-3-3 vs top teams. 13 games YJ lost 3. 6 games Flg lost 5. Seriously, why not try out for YJ a. More than double the amount of top games and completely different results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I looked at us club lax Bc I thought Flg had big wins reading these posts and was interested in trying out if I was missing something. FLG is 1-5 vs top 10 teams and YJ a is 7-3-3 vs top teams. 13 games YJ lost 3. 6 games Flg lost 5. Seriously, why not try out for YJ a. More than double the amount of top games and completely different results.

I think it depends what you are looking for. Not everyone on YJa plays. You want your kid to be in a team that they will develop and get better. That isn’t happening on the bench. As these kids get older the wins don’t matter. It’s all about the exposure they get (if they want to play in college) once they get to the recruiting stage it is all about your kid marketing themselves and going to quality showcases where coaches at schools she is interested in will be. Don’t chase t-shirts. Look for quality coaching and playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at YJ commit list. It’s printed on their site every year. Then look at other clubs. Some are available. Some not so much.

For a club that doesn’t develop kids…40+ college commits every year is strange.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m interested in hearing info about possible teams for my daughter. She plays pal and school, now wanting to give travels shot. Can someone give their thoughts/info on empire and jesters? B level stuff. Or any Nassau based teams. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks

I’d play on legacy A team before B team at jesters or empire. Legacy has a great reputation for development of players. Also the TG B coach is outstanding and has done a great job with that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ES blue played Liberty Black today and it was a massacre. 17-4 according to TM. We played them last year and they are as hyped.

Best execution on offense at this age level by a mile. Their only weakness is they aren’t as athletic as other top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S also has A and B teams in Nassau

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes the truth hurts. And sometimes you need to hear it. Get better or go home.

Don’t need to hear it in the middle of a game in front of 40 players and 80 parents though.

If the players “stink”, that’s a reflection on the coach himself. Btw, no kid playing at that level stinks. We beat TG cause the coach was out coached, plain and simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The posts and replies were not meant to indicate that FLG is a dominant team but rather to prove a point to the YJ poster that their team is not so dominant as he/she/it believes and there is more parity. YJ will always attract more talent for many reasons but there are many other quality teams that play excellent lacrosse —- and wins like the other person stated mean nothing. It’s about playing excellent team ball as well as individual lacrosse and getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is not on FLG but I have to say, all this stuff your saying is not true. They are a good team, no matter what bracket they are in. Then beating YJA was not a fluke, I watched the game. FLG d forced them out and 2/3 goals were FP. Yes YJ plays all these great teams but guess what, only like 12-15 players are benefiting from that because a lot of that team doesn't play. Look, I'm keeping my daughter on her team but if she left and Iwanted her to grow i'd put her in FLG. See parents, what is the point of putting your girl on a team where she doesn't play. You can brag about all this stuff but your daughter is at a disadvantage. I'm not saying I detest YJ because truely if YJ had FLG coaching they could be 1. But they don't and that team is to used to iso and just bad team playing. I mean at FLG is in good tournaments now so why are you guys complaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at YJ commit list. It’s printed on their site every year. Then look at other clubs. Some are available. Some not so much.

No one is arguing the talent or track record of the YJ program and it’s excellence over 30 years. They have multiple teams at each age group with close to a 100 players. Of course they will have the most commits. What many like you don’t realize is that many other programs also have a lot of commits and the % of commits to players at each of their age groups is pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Let’s see the other lists??????? Some clubs have them. I keep asking a very simple question.

It’s obviously recruiting season. And some clubs are getting very nervous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Let’s see the other lists??????? Some clubs have them. I keep asking a very simple question.

It’s obviously recruiting season. And some clubs are getting very nervous.

If you are worried about recruiting now, I guarantee your daughter won’t even play throughout high school. You will burn her out! Right now find the club and coaches that will develop her and then worry about recruiting. Being told you stink over and over at 13 years old gets old real quick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to Legacy. Great performance for them at Top Threat -- much better than their 74 ranking. Only team who gave Eagle Stix a game in pool play (only lost 7-4), beat a very good atlanta storm team and only lost by 1 to Libery.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to Legacy. Great performance for them at Top Threat -- much better than their 74 ranking. Only team who gave Eagle Stix a game in pool play (only lost 7-4), beat a very good atlanta storm team and only lost by 1 to Libery.

What’s strange is Liberty got a beat down from Eagle Stix. Legacy should have easily beat Liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Part of legacy game versus ES. Played a very effective zone as best I could tell. ES offense is fantastic with a dizzying number of cutters, but this zone really frustrated them. Legacy coach (who I don’t know) obviously knows what he’s doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don’t develop kids. Kids train and develop on their own. The YJ commits are due to volume.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, are there any 27 teams w/o parent coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard FLG split their NAVY squad this past weekend to FLG White and Blue Devils and both were taken to the outcome was not good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters and FLG for sure have no parent coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and it’s clear that Navy is now finished. They are terrible and no talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heard FLG split their NAVY squad this past weekend to FLG White and Blue Devils and both were taken to the outcome was not good
.[/quote

You will see this weekend that Navy is overrated. They may go 0-4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Part of legacy game versus ES. Played a very effective zone as best I could tell. ES offense is fantastic with a dizzying number of cutters, but this zone really frustrated them. Legacy coach (who I don’t know) obviously knows what he’s doing.

The Legacy 2027 coach is one of the best on LI (Bayport Varsity). He plays a team game and only started coaching this team over the winter. The team will only continue to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Navy for sure is not splitting up, a few players helping out on already weak teams does not define their skill. The like 6 players that helped out can not carry a whole team. But sure Navy is overrated that's why their ranked 9th in the country, hopefully this weekend will show the YJ parents that they are not the only good team on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and it’s clear that Navy is now finished. They are terrible and no talent.

I get that you do not like the FLG team but you do not need to go and bash the girls on that team. FLG is obviously not terrible if their top ten and saying that they have no talent is just childish. Most of their starting line up was on all LI two very good players playing up in NYSR (YJ also has one very good girl playing up). Though my daughter is not on FLG I root for them this weekend, I definitely don't see them going 0-4. It is silly to say that a team like FLG could go 0-4 many parents here just do not like the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters definitely does have a parent coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is FLG Navy the only LI club with no parent coach? Not possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is FLG Navy the only LI club with no parent coach? Not possible.

No. Top Guns does not use parent coaches.

Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard