With an offense full of Division-I talent, there has been in no way an clean day of exercise for the Manhasset protection. “I suppose we move towards the fine attackers withinside the country,” senior defender Despina Giannakopoulos stated. The Manhasset protection confirmed all season that it turned into as much as the challenge of matching the offense. This aggregate led Manhasset to the pinnacle intention-differential in Nassau (+103) en path to prevailing the kingdom Class C championship at SUNY Cortland June 11.

That turned into after the organization held a skilled Bayport-Blue Point offense to 6 desires withinside the Long Island Class C championship. “The women we move towards each day at exercise are the fine women we're going to move towards,” Despina Giannakopoulos stated. “They encourage us, they inspire us, they push us each day to be the fine protection we are able to be,” Petras stated. “And gambling towards them each day, there`s no higher exercise.

”When the offense and protection paintings collectively in tandem, that`s whilst Manhasset turned into maximum dangerous. “It feels wonderful both way,” Petras stated. “It turned into in no way approximately your self and what I desired for myself,” Despina Giannakopoulos stated. “It turned into approximately what I desired for this group and I knew this group turned into able to prevailing a kingdom championship.”