BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 56 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 55 56
Re: Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax d-pole with the red helmet is a total stud. Might have been the fastest kid on the field and was big. He was a game changer in both games yesterday.

Madlax was clearly amped to play yesterday and it showed. Hat tip to them.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax d-pole with the red helmet is a total stud. Might have been the fastest kid on the field and was big. He was a game changer in both games yesterday.

Madlax was clearly amped to play yesterday and it showed. Hat tip to them.

Is he the texas kid? Great player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New ML slogan, Run DFW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TX Nationals embarrassed both Venom and SadLax

TX Nationals never played ML. But I'm sure many BOC chain rattlers know otherwise.

Madlax had a player from the Texas nationals this past weekend.

And 4 leaf player that plays on the madlax national team

I’m confused on tourney machine it says Madlax capital played this past weekend. What I am reading here says they used a kid from Texas and New Hampshire who play on Madlax national. Wouldn’t that make this team the Madlax nationals ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML dad here. I will attempt to give you my unvarnished take:

I watched the Venom vs Hawks game before we played in the finals. The Hawks looked strong at first. Fast as heck in the midfield (which was to be expected), solid passing at top speed, moved the ball very quickly. Nobody on the offense kept in their stick for very long. Hard to pin point why they collapsed, but Venom was good at keeping control of the ball and their D was solid in the hoop forcing outside shots.

To be totally honest, after watching that game I thought we were in for a tough one (i.e, likely loss)...and I wasn't alone thinking that amongst the ML parents. Our semi game ended about ~30 mins after H vs V and our guys were pretty gassed and only had about 20 mins to rest. Maybe that was a plus because V came out and was flat footed and didn't seem like the same team I had just watched. The V coaches were blowing a gasket when they went down 3 or 4 to 0 very quickly. That wasn't helpful, and our coach, who you all know and love, was ODDLY very quiet this game. I don't know the Venom coaches at all because we have never played them before. I know when our coach goes bonkers and tries joy-stick coaching the boys freeze up and everything collapses (it usually happens against Next Level, which makes no sense to me but what do I know!).

Our defense matched the physical play and the refs let it go for about 60% of the game and then it started getting a bit out of control. ML was also able to win a few face offs, which has always been a problem for our team, and if it isn't fixed our NAL win could be an anomaly. Long summer and I expect and hope to see more battles.

We are looking forward to playing 3d New England. Another solid team who we have never played. So if you have any tips there send them my way.

As an aside, MadDog played us very hard. They have a fantastic faceoff guy......maybe it was just the way the position matchups fell. I haven't looked at how they did otherwise, but a solid team.

Some stuff I agree with some I don’t. But hats off to Madlax they brought it today. I just wish if you were going to give a unvarnished take - you would highlight this Madlax team wasn’t Madlax capital as posted and be honest and say this was Madlax national. Texas and New Hampshire are nowhere close to the DMV.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any impartial observers care to share any commentary on MadLax vs. Venom game?

Assume there will be some unverified claims of holdbacks, impartial refs, face off violations-ghost or not called, 91 only plays 9 guys etc.,

Was surprised by both the outcome/margin of Venom and Hawks and also outcome/margin MadLax and Venom.

Two very good teams 91 and Madlax… both very physical. Hawks very good too. They are a very skilled, finesse team that couldn’t match 91’s size and physicality in the Semis. These teams will all have some great matchups this summer at Naptown, PrimeTime, and NLF.

When I think 91 venom I don’t think size. Interesting.

Assume there will be some unverified claims of holdbacks, impartial refs, face off violations-ghost or not called, 91 only plays 9 guys etc.,

Was surprised by both the outcome/margin of Venom and Hawks and also outcome/margin MadLax and Venom.

Two very good teams 91 and Madlax… both very physical. Hawks very good too. They are a very skilled, finesse team that couldn’t match 91’s size and physicality in the Semis. These teams will all have some great matchups this summer at Naptown, PrimeTime, and NLF.

They are BIG. 11 is prob 6-0, 10 lbs. they’re big across the board. Out muscled Hawks bigtme… Madlax was able to match the physicality this time, but these games will be fun to watch, hope they get a rematch soon!

Venom has one player that def stick out size wise but I would hardly call them a “big team” especially vs non LI teams. But if you’re going to call out numbers how about 81 from Texas (bigger faster stronger and I would assume a h…back) or 47 who we all know is a double.

They are BIG. 11 is prob 6-0, 10 lbs. they’re big across the board. Out muscled Hawks bigtme… Madlax was able to match the physicality this time, but these games will be fun to watch, hope they get a rematch soon!

Venom has one player that def stick out size wise but I would hardly call them a “big team” especially vs non LI teams. But if you’re going to call out numbers how about 81 from Texas (bigger faster stronger and I would assume a h…back) or 47 who we all know is a double.

The 2 biggest kids were Venom kids.
And it wasn’t close. Overall Venom was significantly bigger than Hawks AND Madlax. But smaller where it matters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TX Nationals never played ML. But I'm sure many BOC chain rattlers know otherwise.

I guess after coming in 4th in the HOCO coach needed to make some changes. They obviously worked, good squad. Must stink if you’re a Madlax regular who shows up for practice games etc to lose PT to out of town players.
Those two kids are on the Roster, and will remain there. 2 great kids, and impactful. The D pole ran over some 91 kids.
Not at all unusual for top programs on the East Coast to have a player or two during the summer. These kids also come for winter events as well, i.e. Orlando.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the Venom vs Hawks game before we played in the finals. The Hawks looked strong at first. Fast as heck in the midfield (which was to be expected), solid passing at top speed, moved the ball very quickly. Nobody on the offense kept in their stick for very long. Hard to pin point why they collapsed, but Venom was good at keeping control of the ball and their D was solid in the hoop forcing outside shots.

To be totally honest, after watching that game I thought we were in for a tough one (i.e, likely loss)...and I wasn't alone thinking that amongst the ML parents. Our semi game ended about ~30 mins after H vs V and our guys were pretty gassed and only had about 20 mins to rest. Maybe that was a plus because V came out and was flat footed and didn't seem like the same team I had just watched. The V coaches were blowing a gasket when they went down 3 or 4 to 0 very quickly. That wasn't helpful, and our coach, who you all know and love, was ODDLY very quiet this game. I don't know the Venom coaches at all because we have never played them before. I know when our coach goes bonkers and tries joy-stick coaching the boys freeze up and everything collapses (it usually happens against Next Level, which makes no sense to me but what do I know!).

Our defense matched the physical play and the refs let it go for about 60% of the game and then it started getting a bit out of control. ML was also able to win a few face offs, which has always been a problem for our team, and if it isn't fixed our NAL win could be an anomaly. Long summer and I expect and hope to see more battles.

We are looking forward to playing 3d New England. Another solid team who we have never played. So if you have any tips there send them my way.

As an aside, MadDog played us very hard. They have a fantastic faceoff guy......maybe it was just the way the position matchups fell. I haven't looked at how they did otherwise, but a solid team.

Some stuff I agree with some I don’t. But hats off to Madlax they brought it today. I just wish if you were going to give a unvarnished take - you would highlight this Madlax team wasn’t Madlax capital as posted and be honest and say this was Madlax national. Texas and New Hampshire are nowhere close to the DMV.

I’ve seen several gracious posts on here from Madlax Perez, none of them kicking venom Wilder down. Yeah we’re getting a good luck at the venom parents who are accustomed to getting their angus handed to them. The venom assistant coach was indeed losing his mind when it was 8 to 3, at which point the head coach turn to him and told him “just stop. They are kicking our a****.”

I already like that guy. And if they’re kicking Madlax is tail next time out I doubt he’ll be jumping up and down either.

As for the two kids, one from Texas and one from New Hampshire. They are permanent members on the roster. They don’t just fly in for this event. They will play every event this summer and they played with the team in Orlando. The Annapolis Hawks have kids coming from Delaware and Virginia. Who cares? Because they’re Annapolis they can’t have kids from outside Annapolis? Team 91 has had kids from California play with them in the past (older age groups)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got to be honest. I’m kind of surprised by all the excuses I’m hearing on this forum, maybe they’re from 91 parents or maybe they’re from trolls over at next level. But this game was not even close. Literally. Not even close. It was 5-1 in the first 10 Minutes and never got closer than that. No excuse that you guys can come up with Will invalidate this win. See you at Naptown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got to be honest. I’m kind of surprised by all the excuses I’m hearing on this forum, maybe they’re from 91 parents or maybe they’re from trolls over at next level. But this game was not even close. Literally. Not even close. It was 5-1 in the first 10 Minutes and never got closer than that. No excuse that you guys can come up with Will invalidate this win. See you at Naptown.

91 parent here. I’m not really seeing much written as excuse anywhere. Your kids played great and took it to us plain and simple.

As for what’s written on here about one team or another I truly believe it’s written by non team members who are bored and want to troll.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve seen several gracious posts on here from Madlax Perez, none of them kicking venom Wilder down. Yeah we’re getting a good luck at the venom parents who are accustomed to getting their angus handed to them. The venom assistant coach was indeed losing his mind when it was 8 to 3, at which point the head coach turn to him and told him “just stop. They are kicking our a****.”

I already like that guy. And if they’re kicking Madlax is tail next time out I doubt he’ll be jumping up and down either.

As for the two kids, one from Texas and one from New Hampshire. They are permanent members on the roster. They don’t just fly in for this event. They will play every event this summer and they played with the team in Orlando. The Annapolis Hawks have kids coming from Delaware and Virginia. Who cares? Because they’re Annapolis they can’t have kids from outside Annapolis? Team 91 has had kids from California play with them in the past (older age groups)[/quote]

I agree with your point, but I have to correct you. The Hawks do not have a player from Virginia. One kid comes from Delaware.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, one or two kids from outside of the area who are permanent members of the roster do not make it a national team. I know you’re looking for a reason to kick Madlax, but that doesn’t fly. Madlax had a kid from North Carolina up until last year, he’s now on true national. And I know for a fact that most of the big programs like the crabs, hawks, 91, etc. typically have a kid or two from well outside the area. Again, does not make it a national team. But if it makes you feel better about getting your head kicked in, go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 parent here. I’m not really seeing much written as excuse anywhere. Your kids played great and took it to us plain and simple.

As for what’s written on here about one team or another I truly believe it’s written by non team members who are bored and want to troll.
I suspect you’re right. These were two really good teams going at it, and the outcome the next time they play could be the reverse. No biggie. Frankly what JeffG or any of these other people think is irrelevant. They got it handed to them at adrenaline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Texas Nationals were down by 2 witth minutes remaining vs 91
no embarrassing moments , ..could have gone either way, these teams are very close talent wise. Should be a great few years watching the competition. Madlax , Hawks , TXN, 91 Venom and a few others are a notch above the rest of competition in the nation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, one or two kids from outside of the area who are permanent members of the roster do not make it a national team. I know you’re looking for a reason to kick Madlax, but that doesn’t fly. Madlax had a kid from North Carolina up until last year, he’s now on true national. And I know for a fact that most of the big programs like the crabs, hawks, 91, etc. typically have a kid or two from well outside the area. Again, does not make it a national team. But if it makes you feel better about getting your head kicked in, go for it.

Anytime anyone says, "I know for a fact..." you could probably guess that whatever they say next is not a fact. In this case the lawyer also added "typically" to create plausible deniability when he's called out on his own "facts." None of those teams you mentioned bring kids in for the summer. And it does matter when the kids you brought play significant minutes and are difference makers. You can bring in anyone you want, but don't act like it's normal and people should accept you as the normal Madlax DMV, especially when you have a "National" team. Who plays on that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anytime anyone says, "I know for a fact..." you could probably guess that whatever they say next is not a fact. In this case the lawyer also added "typically" to create plausible deniability when he's called out on his own "facts." None of those teams you mentioned bring kids in for the summer. And it does matter when the kids you brought play significant minutes and are difference makers. You can bring in anyone you want, but don't act like it's normal and people should accept you as the normal Madlax DMV, especially when you have a "National" team. Who plays on that?

Why do you care where our players come from? We smoked you and that's it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“We” smoked you? Who is “we” exactly? You sound awfully like the overweight has-been (never-was) dude that calls up the AM sports radio station to talk about his beloved Yankees and refers to the team as “we”. I doubt you could last 10 minutes running up and down your driveway, let alone a lacrosse field. Do you realize that you are talking on a public forum and trash talking about a game played by CHILDREN? Are you that insecure that you feel the need to boast about your child’s big win? Or are you a troll that is pretending to be a parent on one team, yet in reality you are just jealous of said team because your child isn’t on it, and therefore trying to make it look bad? Either way it is pretty pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax man, it's probably one of the kids on the team. Yes, there are kids on this forum so keep that in mind when posting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“We” smoked you? Who is “we” exactly? You sound awfully like the overweight has-been (never-was) dude that calls up the AM sports radio station to talk about his beloved Yankees and refers to the team as “we”. I doubt you could last 10 minutes running up and down your driveway, let alone a lacrosse field. Do you realize that you are talking on a public forum and trash talking about a game played by CHILDREN? Are you that insecure that you feel the need to boast about your child’s big win? Or are you a troll that is pretending to be a parent on one team, yet in reality you are just jealous of said team because your child isn’t on it, and therefore trying to make it look bad? Either way it is pretty pathetic.[/quote]

Classic overreaction from a 91 Mom, obviously. Touch a 91 nerve, did we? Maybe you’re the one who can’t run up and down their driveway. Reality is, in 3 years these results will mean nothing. Travel lax is an individual pursuit, designed to put the player in front of as many college coaches as possible, when it counts. The only people that benefit at the younger ages are the Club Directors, who charge ridiculous fees to pack rosters, when half those kids maybe play 10 minutes all summer. If your kid isn’t playing, what team he’s on doesn’t matter, they need to play to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax man, it's probably one of the kids on the team. Yes, there are kids on this forum so keep that in mind when posting.

No, it wasn’t written by a kid. A 6th grader wouldn’t have responded in that manner by questioning why someone was caught up with obsessing where the players came from. Nor would they have ended their statement with a definitive closure to the debate using the term “and that’s it”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're talking about travel club lacrosse, right? Not town league teams. The whole point is the club teams can draw from anywhere so there is no asterik if a kid travels from 1 mile away or 1,000 if that is the club his parents want to commit him to and be a part of. Additionally, if a kid has the capacity to play on two different teams, good for him, as long as not in the same tournament. 91 Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it wasn’t written by a kid. A 6th grader wouldn’t have responded in that manner by questioning why someone was caught up with obsessing where the players came from. Nor would they have ended their statement with a definitive closure to the debate using the term “and that’s it”.

Very interesting forensic analysis

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have come to the conclusion that the moral compass in youth lacrosse is non existent . It is extremely sad what coaches and clubs do at a young age . What ever happened to Respect the Game or For The Love of the Game not for the Love of Trying to Win !!!! Causes Cheaters NEVER WIN !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team sent to Orlando was Madlax Nationals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're talking about travel club lacrosse, right? Not town league teams. The whole point is the club teams can draw from anywhere so there is no asterik if a kid travels from 1 mile away or 1,000 if that is the club his parents want to commit him to and be a part of. Additionally, if a kid has the capacity to play on two different teams, good for him, as long as not in the same tournament. 91 Dad.

It’s all about bragging rights and integrity. If igloo pulled the best kids from Maryland and beat 91 and then their parents said they were the best on Long Island that would probably annoy you. Madlax can do what they want but their parents need to check themselves and own what they are: a very good team who managed to grab two studs to help put them over the top. They’re here to win middle school lacrosse games and that’s okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s all about bragging rights and integrity. If igloo pulled the best kids from Maryland and beat 91 and then their parents said they were the best on Long Island that would probably annoy you. Madlax can do what they want but their parents need to check themselves and own what they are: a very good team who managed to grab two studs to help put them over the top. They’re here to win middle school lacrosse games and that’s okay.
To be honest, the majority of parents are lukewarm on the idea of 2 kids coming in and taking playing time. The two players that play with the team in for Jake T’s are very good— particularly the D Pole. Do they move the needle? Probably, yes. The Middie only played about 7-8 of the 44 minute games. But whatever… they’re great kids who are part of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have not problem with a club that chooses to have kids come in. However, I would just not have my kid on that team. Because I would prefer a different culture and respect that the club is trying to win. I want this enjoyable, plus learn a few life lessons and yes be competitive and win some events. But I am dreamer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels acquiring E3. Rebels are taking over Long Island. #rebelsnation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remind me again….who is E3? I didn’t even know they had a boys lacrosse team in the 2028 age group or ANY boys lacrosse team for that matter. I guess congrats to Rebels for taking on yet another “B” team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels acquiring E3. Rebels are taking over Long Island. #rebelsnation

Epic Jokers and making it Rebels East.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like the brackets are finalized, here is the updated analysis

Black
Express North and Laxachussetts should still be a lock for 1&2

Blue
Could be a contested bracket, 2 way and 3D should be 1&2

Red
Venom is a lock, Express should be the second place team, could be contested

White
This looks to be the most straightforward brackets with BBL and Legacy walking into 1&2

Easiest Schedule - BBL or express

Toughest schedule - 4 Leaf or Rebels

Winner - 91 or Express North

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are not a we when it’s not your actual players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a freshman and a junior playing in college and ML has been doing this for a long time. My 2019's team would beat them in this tournament and then at the next tournament, they would roll in with an army of 30 boys and the 8 or so they added were always highly rated D1 commits (we still beat them more often than not). The excuse was always "that was the Capital team last weekend, this is the "National" team". I always wondered how the Capital boys felt when the fly-ins showed up and stole their thunder. Sadly, this now appears to be the norm with all of the "National" teams. Maybe they should all have to play each other and the winner makes the bracket. Be proud if you are on a local team and beating what amounts to all-star teams. The college coaches know the deal too. Now that I am looking back, what matters most is that your kids are having fun and getting better. Good coaching is the most important thing. You can complain about fly-ins, hold backs, etc but you are wasting your time. It was happening in 2016 and it will be the same, if not worse, in 2026. Believe it or not, you are going to miss these harried weeks and weekends of trying to get your kids where they are supposed to be. Enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy with a cake schedule then gets beat by first strong team rinse repeat.

Rebels will learn why they belong in the B bracket with their 2027 team and their friends the turtles.

Same fate for s2s

Interesting to see how Rush does against A teams finally.

Be the best is missing out on the fun

Venom will make more haters

Express north will win it all

Express chucks hangs but still can’t get into top 3

4 leaf may surprise

Calvary may surprise

3d New England would be best game against venom or ex north

The rest don’t interest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime time and igloo should be in B bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks just beat Madlax down in Maryland. The 2028 cycle is complete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks just beat Madlax down in Maryland. The 2028 cycle is complete
Hawks won despite giving up so many penalties in the worst officiated game I’ve seen in years. Congrats Hawks well deserved win beating us and the refs. ML dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime time and igloo should be in B bracket

And take eclipse and NJ express with them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2wAy legit or did they bring 27’s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 way had a kid that looked like a man. Could’ve been in high school already.

Page 47 of 56 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 55 56

Link Copied to Clipboard