BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 112 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious where LBC girls end up next year???

At LBC, why would they leave? They had a nice season

Exactly why would they leave? Their teams are coached very well and are tactically sound. They run a great style of lacrosse.

They practice in Centreville and Easton.

Are we talking 2027? I'd be concerned with the coach, she has a bad reputation and also their lack of tournaments. No Live Love Lax, no Lax for the Cure, Summer Genesis? As well as their lack of history in placing kids at solid D1 programs.
Both MDU and Integrity and CClax have better history in that regard.

Apparently you need to look at recruiting websites. LBC has a great recruiting program (not affiliated). They are awesome for the girls on the eastern shore and DE. CC Lax hasn’t been viable for years, and Integrity is falling apart especially with this grade.
United of all the clubs listed has the most solid record for performance and recruiting- but that’s 4 years off, a lot can change w club and kid

Integrity falling about at 2027? They went 5-3 in NGLL and are top-15 club right? Agree 2028 and younger is not doing well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In general, which teams have the most private school girls on them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel like M&D, MDU, Integrity, seem to have high number of private school kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top teams are generally at least 75% private schools, often times more. Will vary year by year, but some years Integrity has been nearly 100% due to their connections with a certain private catholic high school.

Of the big 3, Hero's probably has the least, but is usually well over 60% private. Mostly due to lots of the glenelg public school girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought MDU had a losing season in the NGLL this season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-5, what's your point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-5, what's your point?

They also were in the harder bracket, and most games were close. If they were in the North division they would have been second or third in that division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-5, what's your point?

They also were in the harder bracket, and most games were close. If they were in the North division they would have been second or third in that division.

You could make the argument that outside of Stars or Cavs, any South team that woulda been placed in North woulda been in playoffs. Hopefully the powers that be realized what a complete mess it was to have such uneven divisions. I wouldn't put much stock in NGLL records. Coppermine got rolled by Integrity. NEMS lost to MDU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-5, what's your point?

You could make the argument that outside of Stars or Cavs, any South team that woulda been placed in North woulda been in playoffs. Hopefully the powers that be realized what a complete mess it was to have such uneven divisions. I wouldn't put much stock in NGLL records. Coppermine got rolled by Integrity. NEMS lost to MDU.

All of this may be true. But hopefully the goal isn't to just make the playoffs.

With that being said, Hero's, M&D and Bethesda were the only teams that had a realistic chance of winning the mid Atlantic.

The gap to everybody else is extremely wide

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-5, what's your point?

Summer Tournaments should clear this up when the teams play head to head. Otherwise it is what it was- With M&D from the North winning it all and being the best team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-5, what's your point?

Summer Tournaments should clear this up when the teams play head to head. Otherwise it is what it was- With M&D from the North winning it all and being the best team.

They were the best team that weeekend no doubt. Two dramatic come from behind wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-5, what's your point?

They were the best team that weeekend no doubt. Two dramatic come from behind wins.

Speaks to the talent in our area. Any one of those 3 could have been National Champs. Fun to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go TLC!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go TLC!!!!!

Let’s be clear about tlc, it’s an A- to B+ program at best

TLC used to be a really strong program top to bottom with some amazing talent. For example, the 2016 team had 18 major D1 players. The current high school teams are above average (way better than Coppermine, MD United, etc) and send girls D1 but can’t compete w true top 15 teams

The current 27 team has about 6 very players but rest of the team is raw. Note, I think they have a good coach and will continue to improve if they don’t get defections

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go TLC!!!!!

TLC used to be a really strong program top to bottom with some amazing talent. For example, the 2016 team had 18 major D1 players. The current high school teams are above average (way better than Coppermine, MD United, etc) and send girls D1 but can’t compete w true top 15 teams

The current 27 team has about 6 very players but rest of the team is raw. Note, I think they have a good coach and will continue to improve if they don’t get defections
If you look at TLC regarding recruiting, you see a huge drop in top recruiting after their 2019 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go TLC!!!!!

If you look at TLC regarding recruiting, you see a huge drop in top recruiting after their 2019 class.

Great kids and some really talented players but overall just an average team. Don’t see TLC being one of the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did LBC do today? Oh, that’s right, they are banned from Steps/YJ tourneys for cheating!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did LBC do today? Oh, that’s right, they are banned from Steps/YJ tourneys for cheating!!!
Trust me, they aren’t the first team that has been banned from tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what I saw yesterday:

BLC beat NEMS (BLC mids are just better)

Nems beat pride (nems looked really good)

MDU beat skywalker blue (mdu was very aggressive and athletic on D and swb was very sloppy in first half)

Skywalker blue beat Integrity Green (SWB fired on all cylinders all game)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stinks the games were canceled today. Was looking forward to the 2027 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like most notable from yesterday was Heroes win against YJG for second weekend and BLC win against M&D for second time this season. Talent on top teams getting closer. Bummer no games today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Felt bad for out of state team, that Cecil complex always overreacts about fields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s go TLC!!!!!

Great kids and some really talented players but overall just an average team. Don’t see TLC being one of the top teams.
What’s the status of TLCs younger teams? Do they exist? Don’t see any 28s or younger teams on their site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A complete joke. we were in the morning session and played in a torrential downpour. At 11, after our second game a few parents walked the fields. They were in better shape than they were at 7:30 am.

And they made the announcement after the weather forecast changed and showed the storms missing North East.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MDU beat skywalker blue (mdu was very aggressive and athletic on D and swb was very sloppy in first half)

I saw 2nd half of Integrity/SWB. Was Integrity missing some key players? Didn't look like the same team we played in NGLL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at brackets for Lax For The Cure...that top bracket is loaded.

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda
Even Nems can give people fits.

If I remember correctly, it was pretty loaded last year as well.

Good luck to those top teams. Wouldn't be a surprise for any of those first 5 to win it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw 2nd half of Integrity/SWB. Was Integrity missing some key players? Didn't look like the same team we played in NGLL

Not sure but sometimes teams just match up really well.

For example, my older daughters team can’t beat Steps Blue, they get murdered every time. Yet they can beat another team that consistently beats steps blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give credit to SW Blue, they improved this year, added some talent. I expect them to do the same, continue to build.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give credit to SW Blue, they improved this year, added some talent. I expect them to do the same, continue to build.

Traditionally the summer going to 8th is when they get a lot of new blood and solidify for high school.

80+ girls showed up for the 24 team when they were going to 8th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

Good luck to those top teams. Wouldn't be a surprise for any of those first 5 to win it.

Wondering where FLG falls here. They hung in with Hero's, YJ, and Aces. They rarely get placed in top bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

Wondering where FLG falls here. They hung in with Hero's, YJ, and Aces. They rarely get placed in top bracket.

Initially i would have picked Aces, but they have the toughest schedule of any team in the top bracket.

Personally, I think playoff top seeds will look like

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Think a final of YJA vs. winner of HG/M&D Black is mostly likely.

What's interesting in the way the tourney is seeded is that the team who finished second in the pool will likely have an advantage over the team that wins it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

Initially i would have picked Aces, but they have the toughest schedule of any team in the top bracket.

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

What's interesting in the way the tourney is seeded is that the team who finished second in the pool will likely have an advantage over the team that wins it.

I expect Coppermine to get the #3 or #5 seed, to me, they are better than the other teams. Def not Team 180, they are missing a few key pieces from the fall winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Traditionally the summer going to 8th is when they get a lot of new blood and solidify for high school.

80+ girls showed up for the 24 team when they were going to 8th grade

Any they only added 1 to blue that year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Looking at brackets now. Who did M&D make mad? Day 1 Hero's, Aces and Bethesda in a row. Wow. That's tough.

Although Hero's and Bethesda both have 3 tough games as well. Just not in a row.

Good luck everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Looking at brackets now. Who did M&D make mad? Day 1 Hero's, Aces and Bethesda in a row. Wow. That's tough.

Although Hero's and Bethesda both have 3 tough games as well. Just not in a row.

Good luck everyone

Steps makes the brackets so good teams don’t make playoffs while they are in a weak bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

I expect Coppermine to get the #3 or #5 seed, to me, they are better than the other teams. Def not Team 180, they are missing a few key pieces from the fall winter.

Doesn't matter. Second place in that group gets killed in quarterfinals. Curious how you know that Team 180 is losing pieces. Are you really that keyed into Colorado lacrosse?

Not sure I understand all this Coppermine love. Really only one quality win all year (NEMS).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Good luck everyone

Steps makes the brackets so good teams don’t make playoffs while they are in a weak bracket.

I am new to the Cure, but I was wondering how the brackets were created? There are some really strong teams that get excluded due to this grouping alone..... Can someone break it down for me?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Doesn't matter. Second place in that group gets killed in quarterfinals. Curious how you know that Team 180 is losing pieces. Are you really that keyed into Colorado lacrosse?

Not sure I understand all this Coppermine love. Really only one quality win all year (NEMS).

If you meet parents on sidelines and are friendly, you can make a lot of contacts over the years, plus if you have multiple kids on different ages, it only enhances how much you know about these clubs and age groups.

Coppermine is a tough team to figure out, but yeah, I would expect them to be one of those top two when dust settles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

20 min playoff game, for some the fourth game of day, anything can happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets
Aces
M&D
Hero's
Bethesda

1) Hero's
2) YJ Graz
3) MD United
4) M&D
5) Team 180

Good luck everyone

I am new to the Cure, but I was wondering how the brackets were created? There are some really strong teams that get excluded due to this grouping alone..... Can someone break it down for me?

Steps makes a group of death for this reason. You will have weak brackets send teams to playoffs and lose 10-0. Steps will be in a weak bracket where they can advance. Usually against B and C teams.

Page 51 of 112 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard