BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 112 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can bet the backup will play in the Monster and NEMS game but won't play the other two as long as the game is competitive.

Please oh please do this.

I think too many people here think club is win at all cost.

Truth is you play for club so your daughter can get year round training, make improvements on her game and get ready for next levels of play. Carrying two goalies is very standard at high school club level and generally rotate each half or every other game.

M&D and SWB 24s has four of the top ten goalies and both play a lot. High school teams don’t really sub but high school club does

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can bet the backup will play in the Monster and NEMS game but won't play the other two as long as the game is competitive.

Truth is you play for club so your daughter can get year round training, make improvements on her game and get ready for next levels of play. Carrying two goalies is very standard at high school club level and generally rotate each half or every other game.

M&D and SWB 24s has four of the top ten goalies and both play a lot. High school teams don’t really sub but high school club does

While it may be standard at high school club level for recruiting showcases, it is not common at the middle school level.

We can argue whether teams are win at all cost, however, I challenge you to find a nationally ranked top 10 team at the 2026,2027 or 2028 level who plays more than 15 or 16 players in a competitive game that matters. The good thing is that these teams tend to have a blowout or two each tourney so they bench does get some burn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW only has 1 goalie I think. Didn’t see another one in fall unless they added over the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While it may be standard at high school club level for recruiting showcases, it is not common at the middle school level.

We can argue whether teams are win at all cost, however, I challenge you to find a nationally ranked top 10 team at the 2026,2027 or 2028 level who plays more than 15 or 16 players in a competitive game that matters. The good thing is that these teams tend to have a blowout or two each tourney so they bench does get some burn.

I have only seen a couple club teams that don’t play kids in every game even in a championship tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always thought the best strategy was to play everyone on the roster throughout the game. However, if the game is close down the stretch, play your top 11 only. Everyone gets in, but it allows your top players to make an impact when it counts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Hero's Green beating FLG and YJA but losing to YJB?

FLG dominated YJA based on the score, should they be considered in the top-10 nationally?

M&D took care of business this weekend, not challenged by LBC or MDU.

Integrity lost to NXT, are they in conversation as a top-15?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about FLG. Pride beat them by a coupe in the Fall. That puts them at the MDU, LBC, Pride level. Hero's beating them by a handful would validate this as well. Maybe YJA had a bad game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG dominated YJA based on the score, should they be considered in the top-10 nationally?

Watched NXT play at NGLL championships. They aren't horrible. Would probably be a 3-5 or 4-4 team in NGLL A or about the same as Integrity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as draw rankings Aces won draws ~10-2 against Eagle Stix last outing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched FLG play YJA and Hero’s. FLG plays great team lacrosse. Strong defensively and seem to be very well coached. YJA is purely isolation lacrosse. No semblance of a team game and a lot of bitter parents. FLG is not a big team. Small in size and numbers. Played Hero’s tough especially in the second half.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always thought the best strategy was to play everyone on the roster throughout the game. However, if the game is close down the stretch, play your top 11 only. Everyone gets in, but it allows your top players to make an impact when it counts.

Agree! Need game experience but if tight game the bench gets shorter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree! Need game experience but if tight game the bench gets shorter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched FLG play YJA and Hero’s. FLG plays great team lacrosse. Strong defensively and seem to be very well coached. YJA is purely isolation lacrosse. No semblance of a team game and a lot of bitter parents. FLG is not a big team. Small in size and numbers. Played Hero’s tough especially in the second half.

YJA is very much athletes but not great lacrosse team. I would even put M&D into that category. Great athletes who use speed and quickness/size to out physical opponents. When M&D loses or plays tight, its because they are sloppy on the clears, forcing passes and just poor ball management. They just are so superior athletically than most it doesn't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJA is very much athletes but not great lacrosse team. I would even put M&D into that category. Great athletes who use speed and quickness/size to out physical opponents. When M&D loses or plays tight, its because they are sloppy on the clears, forcing passes and just poor ball management. They just are so superior athletically than most it doesn't matter.

Agree about M&D. Their Mid to Attack game is pretty hard to handle. Their cut / catch /shoot is hard to stop. But in watching them, it does appear as if they struggle in the defensive side clearing out from goal and defenders catching passes. Seems a bit strange.

When our daughter plays them, they are always looking to pressure the defensive passes. Lots of loose balls.

Still, they always seem to pull something out.

If you watch BLC or even Hero's, they rarely turn the ball over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about M&D. Their Mid to Attack game is pretty hard to handle. Their cut / catch /shoot is hard to stop. But in watching them, it does appear as if they struggle in the defensive side clearing out from goal and defenders catching passes. Seems a bit strange.

When our daughter plays them, they are always looking to pressure the defensive passes. Lots of loose balls.

Yea I’m not sure what’s going on with that M&D team. They have only won 74 of the last 77 games along with back to back National Championships!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s not true at all. Not associated with any of those 3 but was able to see them multiple times and they like all other 7th grade teams struggle with decisions and turnovers along with forced shots. Not hating just saying these girls are still likely to give the ball up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. FLG has great team chemistry and played Hero's tough. Lost first half 8-1, made adjustments and won second half 4-1. Game was tighter than score indicated and fun to watch. Would like to see them play more top teams but FLG definitely belongs in the top 10 conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: M&D, I expect them to come down to earth as their holdbacks get caught up from the current 12-13 yr old girls who have not had their growth spurt yet. M&D is very hard to handle. Their defense has great athletes too, size, speed, they can get their own GBs they cause with frantic passing and poor decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: M&D, I expect them to come down to earth as their holdbacks get caught up from the current 12-13 yr old girls who have not had their growth spurt yet. M&D is very hard to handle. Their defense has great athletes too, size, speed, they can get their own GBs they cause with frantic passing and poor decisions.

Lol. M&D possibly the youngest 2027 around. Still a few girls who are still 12. No holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I expect M&D to consistently be a top team, however, I expect games to get close. The strength of M&D is their ride. They create lots of turnovers (especially against non top 10 teams) which lead to transition goals. This is what creates most of their blowout wins.

As defenses start clearing betters (and more teams convert backup middies to D), these turnovers will reduce and they will play more of a settled play game. I still expect them to win a majority of games, but just fewer blowouts.

This is one of the reason I think Heros will eventually close the gap a bit. While M&D is definitely more athletic, Hero's settled play O is probably a bit ahead right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea I’m not sure what’s going on with that M&D team. They have only won 74 of the last 77 games along with back to back National Championships!

Wow. If that's true that's crazy (the 74/77)

Every team has flaws. But when I've seen them play they are always on point. Hero's the same way. Mistakes are minimal. And when mistakes are made they know how to react and get things back on track.

People always detest on successful teams.

For those on top, enjoy the ride. Never know when it may end

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's Green offense is much more dynamic than M&D's slow ISO offense. Wouldn't surprise me if Hero's starts beating them consistently soon. Why they rarely play each other is bizarre. If they are both in the same tournament, they should play each other every time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D mistakes are minimal? Are you kidding? I saw them this past weekend, one defender ran out of bounds multiple times. Their ball handling is their weakness, esp on the backend.

Yes, they are a great team, we are splitting hairs here. M&D no holdbacks? No one born before Sep 2008, is that what you are saying? In the words of Ron Burgandy "I don't believe you"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's Green offense is much more dynamic than M&D's slow ISO offense. Wouldn't surprise me if Hero's starts beating them consistently soon. Why they rarely play each other is bizarre. If they are both in the same tournament, they should play each other every time.

Well. Looking at club rankings. Last 2 years

M&D 75-7
Hero's 68-13

Clearly 2 great programs

Looks like M&D has won the last couple head to head including 2 weeks ago.

Maybe Hero's starts beating them "consistently " as you say. But either their offense is more dynamic than you think, or other teams aren't smart or good enough to do something about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D mistakes are minimal? Are you kidding? I saw them this past weekend, one defender ran out of bounds multiple times. Their ball handling is their weakness, esp on the backend.

Yes, they are a great team, we are splitting hairs here. M&D no holdbacks? No one born before Sep 2008, is that what you are saying? In the words of Ron Burgandy "I don't believe you"

You ok sir? You seem bitter.

It's ok that your daughter didn't make any of the good teams after tryouts.

And I would think that nobody cares what you believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team has flaws. But when I've seen them play they are always on point. Hero's the same way. Mistakes are minimal. And when mistakes are made they know how to react and get things back on track.

74/77 is not true.... BLC Beat M&D 2 times on the last 2 NGLL seasons, and they at least lost to Eagle Stix and Madskilz in the last year, so that alone says you are lying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said it once before but when you are as dominant as M&D was across the board in all age groups NGLL people are going to take shots at you. Jealousy breeds contemptment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said it once before but when you are as dominant as M&D was across the board in all age groups NGLL people are going to take shots at you. Jealousy breeds contemptment.

When you have holdbacks on every age group it gives you a huge advantage. Don’t deny it. You knows that’s a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you have holdbacks on every age group it gives you a huge advantage. Don’t deny it. You knows that’s a fact.

You are probably right. I heard they have 2 girls that actually drive to the games. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious where LBC girls end up next year???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold back or no hold backs- it’s the way lacrosse is set up. It’s going to happen on almost every team no matter the talent level for several reasons that may have nothing to do with sports and there may be others that did it years ago to eventually give their kid an advantage later in school. Heck- I have a friend that did it with his kids years ago and they aren’t on top teams (boys or girls). Honestly lacrosse should do it by actual school dates - September 1 through August 31 - no matter the grade. You hold your kids back in school they still play up in lacrosse with the grade they should belong it. That solves the age discrepancies!!! Keeps everyone within a year. Still going to have girls with the advantage of 11 months over others but there is no manipulation of the grade / hold backs.

All this said… M&D, Hero’s and BLC are still the best three 27’s in this area!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thoughts on Hero's Green beating FLG and YJA but losing to YJB?

M&D took care of business this weekend, not challenged by LBC or MDU

Watched FLG play YJA and Hero’s. FLG plays great team lacrosse. Strong defensively and seem to be very well coached. YJA is purely isolation lacrosse. No semblance of a team game and a lot of bitter parents. FLG is not a big team. Small in size and numbers. Played Hero’s tough especially in the second half.[/quote

74/77 is not true.... BLC Beat M&D 2 times on the last 2 NGLL seasons, and they at least lost to Eagle Stix and Madskilz in the last year, so that alone says you are lying.

They are 3-0 against Madskillz. Try again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At LBC, why would they leave? They had a nice season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People always want to leave…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does LBC hold practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly why would they leave? Their teams are coached very well and are tactically sound. They run a great style of lacrosse.

They practice in Centreville and Easton.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly why would they leave? Their teams are coached very well and are tactically sound. They run a great style of lacrosse.

Are we talking 2027? I'd be concerned with the coach, she has a bad reputation and also their lack of tournaments. No Live Love Lax, no Lax for the Cure, Summer Genesis? As well as their lack of history in placing kids at solid D1 programs.
Both MDU and Integrity and CClax have better history in that regard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are we talking 2027? I'd be concerned with the coach, she has a bad reputation and also their lack of tournaments. No Live Love Lax, no Lax for the Cure, Summer Genesis? As well as their lack of history in placing kids at solid D1 programs.
Both MDU and Integrity and CClax have better history in that regard.

Apparently you need to look at recruiting websites. LBC has a great recruiting program (not affiliated). They are awesome for the girls on the eastern shore and DE. CC Lax hasn’t been viable for years, and Integrity is falling apart especially with this grade.
United of all the clubs listed has the most solid record for performance and recruiting- but that’s 4 years off, a lot can change w club and kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does LBC hold practices?

Mostly Centreville- about a 35 minute drive from Annapolis area, 45 from Crofton area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC only has one team per age so they don't have as many players going D1 as other clubs. They also don't push the girls to D1 they try to find schools that best fit the player. Most of their previous players play at the schools they attend they aren't bench warmers. My daughter who previously played for LBC had D1 offers and the recruiting coordinator worked with my daughter to find the best fit for her which was not a D1 school. The high school teams play at Summer Genesis, Mid Atlantic, Captial Cup, Presidents Cup. Keep in mind the club is located on the Eastern Shore and has a wide range of financial backgrounds. The players aren't rich private school families.

Page 50 of 112 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard