BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,616
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 220 of 327 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 326 327
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Send your kid to Gilman if you want a Beta male. The woke indoctrination is insane!!! People actually pay for this!

Tell me you grew up in middle river without telling me. Don’t you have some QAnon forum to moderate?

Shouldnt you be on a panel at Friends, Gilman or McD discussing systemic whining

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is moving back to A for football in 2022 after beating the A Conference Champions last year. Loyola is at least somewhat competitive at the A level in all sports except for lacrosse.

Kudos for knocking off CHC last Thanksgiving. Don't live in the past no matter how recent! Does Loyola Blakefield have the football and lacrosse coaching staffs and recruiting/player pipelines in place to compete in both sports? Time will tell but aside from last year's Cinderella Thanksgiving Day victory, the jury is still out on football and lacrosse finished in 8th place despite having two Senior UA AAs, more than any other A Conference program. At Gilman, the Board hence the Administration doesn't care about the failing football and lacrosse programs: the thing has snowballed and it has set recruiting back for years to come. Whether its a failure to retain middle school stars or legacy kids, institutional apathy and neglect do manifest itself in a Program's culture and the results on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Send your kid to Gilman if you want a Beta male. The woke indoctrination is insane!!! People actually pay for this!

Tell me you grew up in middle river without telling me. Don’t you have some QAnon forum to moderate?

Shouldnt you be on a panel at Friends, Gilman or McD discussing systemic whining
agreed this dude is why Monkeypox is spreading

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman, like WAC and Hopkins, will never be good at lacrosse. WAC because why go there? Hopkins again why go there where crime is deplorable. Gilman like small private schools will only be competitive again once the administration, board and the athletic program is restructured with a plan like McD , BL and CHC.

Correct on all counts. Hopkins is on its way to D3 in the 5-10 year future. Admin doesnt care about lacrosse at all. Kids dont care about its history and Ivies have all the cache that Hop doesnt. It is being keep alive by a bunch of over 60 year olds still spouting how great they will be . .

I hope Hopkins doesn’t eliminate lacrosse, they are the only white kids left on campus.

Prediction: Gilman’s Board and Administration will ultimately change the schools demographics to resemble Hopkins and the primary sports to reflect that volte-face will become (table tennis and Badminton). After all, it is only fair to have sports reflective of the student body.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that the season is over this board wasted no time falling into toilet

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but winning championships is sort of cool too right?

Yeah, Even cooler if you do it at a school that’s never won. And not a guarantee at any school.

Congrats to the 8 Nike All Americans from the MIAA:

Att:
Dom Pietramala, BL, UNC
Truitt Sunderland, CH, UVA

Mid:
Travis Smith, John Carroll, UPenn
Mike Weishaar, Spalding, Towson

Def:
AJ Larkin, Loyola, UMD
Jonny Cool, McD, Ohio State

Goal:
Carson Stoller, BL, Rutgers
Kyle Morris, Gilman, UVA

Wait, 7 of the 8 National AAs played for teams who didn’t win a championship? Why did they even bother playing for those lousy teams?

No- Pietramala, Sunderland, and Stoller also won MIAA championships.
One of those kids hasn’t won squat since his freshman year.

I believe the Nike All Americans are selected by NLF so only kids from their Federation teams are on the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, Well at this time it still floating , but I suspect the flush will come soon and we get back to business as usual, holdbacks, Rage, Hit The Wall, Boy Wonder, MM , Spalding run to bottom, The Lid Family , Kelly Payola, Dad Coaches , King Crabby, True Money grab, Bench players, etc , etc

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Loyola lose in the B conference football finals?
They are a better fit in the B for football.
If you’re in the A for football, you need to recruit a ton of kids to be competitive on a consistent basis.
B football is decent at the top. Without the crazy recruiting requirements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kids only have 4 years of high school. Tell them to go where they can play. It's more fun to play.

Trust me.

This. X10

My son and his teammates were “recruited” by both large and small miaa programs. For perspective, they all started for a top 2-3 AAA club team in 8th grade.

His friends chose 2 larger programs. My son chose a smaller program.

His friends all started for their Fresh Soph Teams or rode pine for JV. My son started and contributed for his JV Team.

Having seen the level of play and coaching at both, I couldn’t be happier he missed the Fresh Soph mess and got to do JV and play against good competition.

The program’s V coach told my son at the end of the season he is projecting to be V as a sophomore with a chance to contribute. His friends will likely be shooting for JV again as sophomores.

I couldn’t be happier with the decision he made. And I must admit, I thought it was a dense one a year ago.

Correct. Go to a school aligned with where your kids talent level will get him on the field. This is the correct thing to do in my opinion.

Great discussion. I hope 7th grade parents and younger are reading this post. Unfortunately many 8th graders will fall into the "Ride the Pine Swamp" @ LB, BL, McD, CHC, StP & StM. Education about the academics & athletics at a school is critical.

Wait...should we pick the school for their athletics or the academics? what is the priority? is the goal to play professional lacrosse one day (is it that lucrative)?

Neother. The goal is to play NOW, play MORE during your 4 years, develop, and get to a great university, that FITS your kid and his future lacrosse and education/career goals.

All of these schools offer good educations, superior advising, and can get you into ANY college/lax program.

Every school in the conference offers that. Just depends if you want to see field and play sooner or later.

The schools at the bottom of the league put players into highly selective programs/schools like Navy, West Point, UPenn and Notre Dame too.

West Point doesn’t take bottom dwellers. Navy does! 😆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but winning championships is sort of cool too right?

Wanna win championships play for Bullis or SJC!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, Well at this time it still floating , but I suspect the flush will come soon and we get back to business as usual, holdbacks, Rage, Hit The Wall, Boy Wonder, MM , Spalding run to bottom, The Lid Family , Kelly Payola, Dad Coaches , King Crabby, True Money grab, Bench players, etc , etc

And the fact that none of it matters cause SJC is #1 in the country and DMV produces better lacrosse teams anyway!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All MIAA teams have holdbacks now but what sets BL and CHC apart from the others is elite coaching and recruiting highly skilled athletes from out of state. BL wins another !

BL and CHC each had 2 players 1st / 2nd Team USILA D1 All Americans, McD had one on 3rd team. All three schools have team captains in D1 (multiple). Thats impressive to say the least. Its not a coincidence that the regular champions of MIAA are BL, CHC, and McD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All MIAA teams have holdbacks now but what sets BL and CHC apart from the others is elite coaching and recruiting highly skilled athletes from out of state. BL wins another !

BL and CHC each had 2 players 1st / 2nd Team USILA D1 All Americans, McD had one on 3rd team. All three schools have team captains in D1 (multiple). Thats impressive to say the least. Its not a coincidence that the regular champions of MIAA are BL, CHC, and McD.
2 of those 3 failed to make the finals and will experience a significant drop off next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman, like WAC and Hopkins, will never be good at lacrosse. WAC because why go there? Hopkins again why go there where crime is deplorable. Gilman like small private schools will only be competitive again once the administration, board and the athletic program is restructured with a plan like McD , BL and CHC.

Correct on all counts. Hopkins is on its way to D3 in the 5-10 year future. Admin doesnt care about lacrosse at all. Kids dont care about its history and Ivies have all the cache that Hop doesnt. It is being keep alive by a bunch of over 60 year olds still spouting how great they will be . .

I hope Hopkins doesn’t eliminate lacrosse, they are the only white kids left on campus.

Prediction: Gilman’s Board and Administration will ultimately change the schools demographics to resemble Hopkins and the primary sports to reflect that volte-face will become (table tennis and Badminton). After all, it is only fair to have sports reflective of the student body.

Already happening, just Walk the halls. It’s been an approved trend for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guessing the average professional table tennis or badminton player makes more than the avg lacrosse pro if you include endorsements. Who said those Gilman kids aren't smart?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guessing the average professional table tennis or badminton player makes more than the avg lacrosse pro if you include endorsements. Who said those Gilman kids aren't smart?

Well played Sir ,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Mary’s has 3 players name to the MIAA A all conference team.

George Acton LSM Georgetown commit
Will Hopkins Attackman Bucknell commit
Nick Golini attackman Navy commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me the “vibe”’at McDonough. The school in general. As a prospective parent, this school is the one we know the least about. Will do the open houses in the fall. Top.. 2 or 3 academically? Liberal/conservative? Dopeople enjoy the 5 day boarding aspect? In lieu of a traditional boarding school.

Not starting a fight hopefully… just looking for some different perspectives from the local lacrosse parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

Have not seen the complete list. Schools that have been showing players no goalie so far and yes thought the stm goalie was top notch and one of the best in the league if not the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

Have not seen the complete list. Schools that have been showing players no goalie so far and yes thought the stm goalie was top notch and one of the best in the league if not the best.

All three from STM are deserving I suppose. I will say that given the year STM had, and their biggest impact being on defense, I’m surprised that two of their three all conference selections were offensive players where they struggled at times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

All three from STM are deserving I suppose. I will say that given the year STM had, and their biggest impact being on defense, I’m surprised that two of their three all conference selections were offensive players where they struggled at times.

There will be at least two goalies on the final list. I'm guessing two poles from LB, an attackman and keeper from BL, a pole and an offensive player from St. Paul's, a pole and a middie from Spalding, a keeper from Gilman, A fogo and attackman from Severn, an offensive player from JC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

Congrats to all the STM players at Maryland for winning the National Championship. Even better job keeping those uniforms perfectly clean most of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

MSJ goalie made it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cornhole, ultimate frisbee or bowling anyone?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting you have UA all Americans but can make the MIAA all conference team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting you have UA all Americans but can make the MIAA all conference team.

Please say it aint so... I hope that doesnt happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No more hat money for the MIAA since junior didn’t make all conference. No UA either. FInally judged on merit and look what happens. Going to be tough sledding seeing the field at Navy if talent wins out. Probably ends up at VMI after freshman year if he wants to actually play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna Park coach is one of the Baltimore Highlight coaches. Anyone think our favorite Pro Start goalie is going make the team again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No more hat money for the MIAA since junior didn’t make all conference. No UA either. FInally judged on merit and look what happens. Going to be tough sledding seeing the field at Navy if talent wins out. Probably ends up at VMI after freshman year if he wants to actually play

Dude give it a rest! Please inform us of your kids accolades or better yet some of the mistakes that he has made. Better yet just post your name on here and we can all the leave the kids out of it. I wonder,will you start a Navy forum and continue to trash a young man because you clearly dont like his dad.It has been entertaining thus far but it is over now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By school:

AS:
D Alex Ross 22 - PSU
M Michael Weisshaar 22 - TSU

BL
D Kyle Foster 23 - OSU
A Dom Pietramala 22 - UNC
G Cardin Stoller 22 - Rutgers

CH:
M Wyatt Hottle 23 - Richmond
A Truitt Sunderland 22 - UVA

Gil:
G Kyle Morris 22 - UVA

John Carroll:
M Travis Smith 22 - UPenn

Loyola
D Bill Dwan 22 - Syracuse
D AJ Larkin 22 - UMD

McD:
LSM Jonny Cool 22 -OSU
D Malachai Jones 22 -UVA
A McCabe Millon 23 - Duke

St P:
FO Daniel Davis 23 - Fairfield
M Michael Smyth 23 - Harvard
LSM Keagan Tracey 22 - West Point

Sev:
FO Reid Gills 24, - TBD
A Jacob Todd 23, - Princeton

By position:

A
Todd - Severn
Millon - McD
Pietramala - BL
Sunderland - CH

M
Smyth - StP
SMith - JC
Hottle - CH
Weisshaar - AS

FO
Gills - Sev
Davis - StP

LSM
Tracey - StP
Cool - McD

D
Jones - McD
Larkin - LB
Dwan - LB
Foster - BL
Ross - AS

G
Morris - Gil

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there it is... Wray CH/Georgetown and All American not picked. Hes better than 3 of the middies and 1 of the attack. Take your pick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

Congrats to all the STM players at Maryland for winning the National Championship. Even better job keeping those uniforms perfectly clean most of the season.

It was surprising to see all those kids from one school on the Terps and never to have seen any on the field all year. What's the story behind that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By school:

AS:
D Alex Ross 22 - PSU

BL
D Kyle Foster 23 - OSU

CH:

Gil:
G Kyle Morris 22 - UVA

John Carroll:

Loyola
D AJ Larkin 22 - UMD

McD:
LSM Jonny Cool 22 -OSU
D Malachai Jones 22 -UVA

St P:

Sev:
FO Reid Gills 24, - TBD

By position:

A
Todd - Severn
Millon - McD
Pietramala - BL
Sunderland - CH

M
Smyth - StP
SMith - JC
Hottle - CH
Weisshaar - AS

FO
Gills - Sev
Davis - StP

LSM
Tracey - StP
Cool - McD

D
Jones - McD
Larkin - LB
Dwan - LB
Foster - BL
Ross - AS

G
Morris - Gil

No St Mary’s players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Goalie?

It was surprising to see all those kids from one school on the Terps and never to have seen any on the field all year. What's the story behind that?

Freshman and sophomores with covid Md has a ton 5th years players totally screwed the new kids. But still they get a ring and play for a top D1 program for all the haters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By school:

AS:
D Alex Ross 22 - PSU

BL
D Kyle Foster 23 - OSU

CH:

Gil:
G Kyle Morris 22 - UVA

John Carroll:

Loyola
D AJ Larkin 22 - UMD

McD:
LSM Jonny Cool 22 -OSU
D Malachai Jones 22 -UVA

St P:

Sev:
FO Reid Gills 24, - TBD

By position:

A
Todd - Severn
Millon - McD
Pietramala - BL
Sunderland - CH

M
Smyth - StP
SMith - JC
Hottle - CH
Weisshaar - AS

FO
Gills - Sev
Davis - StP

LSM
Tracey - StP
Cool - McD

D
Jones - McD
Larkin - LB
Dwan - LB
Foster - BL
Ross - AS

G
Morris - Gil

How is it possible to be on this list and lead your team in turnovers? Not to mention your team played better when you were not on the field. I don’t get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By school:

AS:
D Alex Ross 22 - PSU

BL
D Kyle Foster 23 - OSU

CH:

Gil:
G Kyle Morris 22 - UVA

John Carroll:

Loyola
D AJ Larkin 22 - UMD

McD:
LSM Jonny Cool 22 -OSU
D Malachai Jones 22 -UVA

St P:

Sev:
FO Reid Gills 24, - TBD

By position:

A
Todd - Severn
Millon - McD
Pietramala - BL
Sunderland - CH

M
Smyth - StP
SMith - JC
Hottle - CH
Weisshaar - AS

FO
Gills - Sev
Davis - StP

LSM
Tracey - StP
Cool - McD

D
Jones - McD
Larkin - LB
Dwan - LB
Foster - BL
Ross - AS

G
Morris - Gil

No St Mary’s players?

StM had Acton, Gilini, and Hopkins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And there it is... Wray CH/Georgetown and All American not picked. Hes better than 3 of the middies and 1 of the attack. Take your pick.

Coaches nominate and advocate for the top ones they want. So that means the CH coach didn’t think Wray was their best middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brian Kelly doesn’t agree with you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches nominate and advocate for the top ones they want. So that means the CH coach didn’t think Wray was their best middie.

Coaches submit their best players up to 6. Than it’s voted on by all the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Page 220 of 327 1 2 218 219 220 221 222 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard