BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 126 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mercy has moved up, so get over yourself. They will see you in A.

Please no! The only team that’s happy is ndp! That way the 30 kids at the end of the bench can play. Opening day for Mercy will be Senior day for someone else knowing they will get a win.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please no! The only team that’s happy is ndp! That way the 30 kids at the end of the bench can play. Opening day for Mercy will be Senior day for someone else knowing they will get a win.

Why all the detest for mercy? Is there a rivalry I just don’t know about? Don’t get me wrong, I think they will get Absolutly killed by moving up but good for them to make the effort. They can’t be having fun winning all their b games by leaps and bounds. You have to start somewhere and you can’t recruit A girls for a B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the detest for mercy? Is there a rivalry I just don’t know about? Don’t get me wrong, I think they will get Absolutly killed by moving up but good for them to make the effort. They can’t be having fun winning all their b games by leaps and bounds. You have to start somewhere and you can’t recruit A girls for a B team.[/quote]

No rivalry. Just ridiculous when you move a C team up to the A level. It's not fun for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why all the detest for mercy? Is there a rivalry I just don’t know about? Don’t get me wrong, I think they will get Absolutly killed by moving up but good for them to make the effort. They can’t be having fun winning all their b games by leaps and bounds. You have to start somewhere and you can’t recruit A girls for a B team.

Some A schools aren’t getting any recruits to be competitive to play A. 14 in A
5 in B
10 in C
Some schools have never neared .500 in A and won’t. No B school will move to A and get the players to join a team that goes winless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other IAAM schools afraid of the competition?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All are happy they are guaranteed 1 win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 in B
10 in C
Some schools have never neared .500 in A and won’t. No B school will move to A and get the players to join a team that goes winless.
How does one get recruited to these schools? I'm curious as my daughter will be entering the 7th grade next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are teams in the A that were not always in A, teams learn and grow... To me sounds like they are threaten, Mercy has grown, and will continue to grow. I look forward to seeing it. Every team deserves a chance, these girls deserve a chance. They've earned the right to move up, and get better by playing against the better teams, that's how you grow. So clearly, yes someone is threaten by the growth... BE better humans, and support instead of trying to tear down. Our children deserve better. WHO CARES WORK HARDER!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are teams in the A that were not always in A, teams learn and grow... To me sounds like they are threaten, Mercy has grown, and will continue to grow. I look forward to seeing it. Every team deserves a chance, these girls deserve a chance. They've earned the right to move up, and get better by playing against the better teams, that's how you grow. So clearly, yes someone is threaten by the growth... BE better humans, and support instead of trying to tear down. Our children deserve better. WHO CARES WORK HARDER!

You are dreaming. Not every team deserves a chance. They lost to the bottom teams in A. That was there chance. Get over yourself. No one is afraid of anything. These A teams play the best teams in the country and back down to no one. They just don’t want to play Mercy because Mercy is that bad. The other poster was right. The A teams will schedule Mercy for Senior Days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Threatened? You jest. The opposite. We don’t want to play another bad team. The A conference needs to be right sized. If Mercy moves up, our A conference loses credibility. The top A teams get nothing from beating a team that bad. Look at the A conference out of conference schedule. The A teams play top teams from NY, DC, Florida, Pennsylvania , Connecticut, etc…. Mercy plays Gerstell. If they had a Strength of Schedule, Mercy’s would be like 380. Mercy mom, go play 5 of the top 20 teams in the country, then come talk to us. Since you haven’t done it, you have zero credibility.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those teams that moved up had the potential to get better. Mercy can’t catch and throw consistently. Look at the B championship game. It says it all. If Mercy moves up, they will feel that aggressive style A conference play and start seeing shadows. You think that they can’t catch and throw now, wait until they play the top seven. Wow! I am looking forward to seeing it and seeing the Mercy parents expressions and disbelief.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy is moving up bottom line get ready, and enjoy the ride... and they will only grow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy is moving up bottom line get ready, and enjoy the ride... and they will only grow!

Stop it Mercy mom! They will get destroyed. You will complain about the coaching but truth is your kid isn’t good enough. 0-13 here you come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All are happy they are guaranteed 1 win.

So why all the detest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 in B
10 in C
How does one get recruited to these schools? I'm curious as my daughter will be entering the 7th grade next year.

If your family hasn't been "approached" by now you haven't been recruited !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go MAGIC !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will need magic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard from a very reliable IAAM source. Mercy is not moving up. Stop the story planting. Everyone, stop replying to the wacko that is instigating the discussion. Not happening. Our A conference has been saved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Mercy has moved up, so get over yourself. They will see you in A.

5 in B
10 in C

Take the private school test. Reach out to interested schools and ask coach to watch your club games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go in 2022:
Mercy 9, MDS 15
Mercy 7, RPCS 12
Mercy 8, JC 11

Need more be said. Can you imagine the scores next year:
McD 26, Mercy 4
NDP 18, Mercy 5
SPSG 26, Mercy 3
GCS 26, Mercy 4
BM 23, Mercy 2
Spalding 21, Mercy 3
Maryvale 19, Mercy 5
But enjoy it mom and Go Get Magic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 in B
10 in C

If your family hasn't been "approached" by now you haven't been recruited !

They said she’s entering 7th - as in still in 6th - so thinking this is a bit premature.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She can still get recruited. Contact the coach and express your interest. Simple as a text or phone call. That will start the conversation. Great luck and success!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter was recruited by several schools in 6th grade. Now is the time, but she can still get recruited through 9th grade. I know several kids that got recruited in 8th and 9th. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You've clearly heard wrong... You'll see next year, and Good luck to Mercy !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard from a very reliable IAAM source. Mercy is not moving up. Stop the story planting. Everyone, stop replying to the wacko that is instigating the discussion. Not happening. Our A conference has been saved.

Misinformation/ fake news !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy’s new slogan in 2023, “ Have Mercy”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you looking forward to the multiple beat downs? Who wants to see that happen? You keep saying give them a chance. You had the chance and lost to the lowest teams in the conference. Wake up and smell the coffee. Mercy is not a good team. Some of your freshman will get frustrated and stop playing after next season, and probably start playing softball. You’ll see what we already know. Just ask the Gerstell parents. They will all tell you that it is not worth it. Gerstell parents are begging to go to B. The only fake news is that Mercy thinks that they are good. If it is true, you will be back in B after next next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go in 2022:
Mercy 9, MDS 15
Mercy 7, RPCS 12
Mercy 8, JC 11

Need more be said. Can you imagine the scores next year:
McD 26, Mercy 4
NDP 18, Mercy 5
SPSG 26, Mercy 3
GCS 26, Mercy 4
BM 23, Mercy 2
Spalding 21, Mercy 3
Maryvale 19, Mercy 5
But enjoy it mom and Go Get Magic!

Is this fake news too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Misinformation/ fake news !
You wish it was fake. The only thing that is fake is Mercy pretending to play varsity lacrosse. Looks like a bad rec. team

Go Get Magic Johnson!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You've clearly heard wrong... You'll see next year, and Good luck to Mercy !

We are trying to get rid of the bottom teams, not add another bad one. If this is true, we don’t want to hear complaints about running up the score. I can assure you that the A teams have no Mercy. No pun intended, but they will torch you. Please don’t start crying when you get torched, but I know that you will complain and start calling us bullies. I can hear it now. Like you said, get ready!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the original wacko and my daughter plays for one of the “top teams”. I am confused by your comments and see you as the wacko and not her. Why would it matter if gerstall is replaced by mercy? How would this ruin the conference. Get over yourself, it’s just a game
But yes I think they will get killed in the A conference next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the original wacko and my daughter plays for one of the “top teams”. I am confused by your comments and see you as the wacko and not her. Why would it matter if gerstall is replaced by mercy? How would this ruin the conference. Get over yourself, it’s just a game

Point is neither belongs competitively in A. Along with 1-2 other. Why not play where your kids can compete instead of getting brains bashed in every game? They want the A conference label to recruits but cant develop them into an average team consistently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Point is neither belongs competitively in A. Along with 1-2 other. Why not play where your kids can compete instead of getting brains bashed in every game? They want the A conference label to recruits but cant develop them into an average team consistently.
We don’t disagree on the outcome and what the iaam should do although I hesitant to tell people what’s best for their daughter as some kids might thrive getting kicked in the teeth. Where I disagree with you on is your venom is aimed at mercy, let them decide what is best for them. Your argument should be with the iaam and pushing for a more competitive and smaller A bracket. Leave mercy out of the argument as 1 less or additional team won’t change the landscape either way.
Also, as far as competitive league, interesting that there was literally only 2 “upsets” in all of last year(spalding beating gcs(bad reffing from what I hear) and gcs beating spsg(apparently they lost 3 defensive starters the week before). Outside of those 2 games, every single team only beat only the ones that have lesser wins than them. 85 games and just 2 upsets. So if you want a competitive league there is more broken than mercy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don’t disagree on the outcome and what the iaam should do although I hesitant to tell people what’s best for their daughter as some kids might thrive getting kicked in the teeth. Where I disagree with you on is your venom is aimed at mercy, let them decide what is best for them. Your argument should be with the iaam and pushing for a more competitive and smaller A bracket. Leave mercy out of the argument as 1 less or additional team won’t change the landscape either way.
Also, as far as competitive league, interesting that there was literally only 2 “upsets” in all of last year(spalding beating gcs(bad reffing from what I hear) and gcs beating spsg(apparently they lost 3 defensive starters the week before). Outside of those 2 games, every single team only beat only the ones that have lesser wins than them. 85 games and just 2 upsets. So if you want a competitive league there is more broken than mercy

When NDP and BMS played what were the Standings ?
NDP and Maryvale ? Maryvale and Ndp? Spalding and BMS ? Mcdonogh upset Spalding at the time. You are using the end of year standings for your argument. Look and see how many 5 goal games were players among the top 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have way too many teams in the A conference, and it needs to be right sized. The B conference has five teams, and three of those five are automatically in the semis. This is ridiculous. No teams need to move up to the A. Move four teams down to the B conference, or leave those four in A and combine the existing B/C conferences. There are several options, but one shouldn’t be adding a team to the A conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems a cage has been rattled and the IAAM Moms don't want to share a table at the Valley Inn? I agree let Mercy fall on their own sword if need be, how will their program ever get a chance to grow if never given an opportunity. When did IAAM A conference become such a "Girls Club" ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mercy needs to stay in the B/C conference in order to compete. They will not be competitive in the A conference and they will not make it to the playoffs. Based on the 2022 playoff criteria, Mercy will not make it to the playoffs if they move up next year. So, if they enjoy winning and going to the playoffs, they need to stop, think and stay in the B conference. If they move up to A, the days of playoffs is over. Like someone said, they only want to move up for image and recruiting. Right now they have a good image. Going to A will do irreparable harm to their image, and cause the opposite recruiting effect. This is why Gerstell wants to go to B. They want to compete and recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems a cage has been rattled and the IAAM Moms don't want to share a table at the Valley Inn? I agree let Mercy fall on their own sword if need be, how will their program ever get a chance to grow if never given an opportunity. When did IAAM A conference become such a "Girls Club" ?

So not true. There are 14 teams in A. We have way too many teams. The current A teams want to play more out of conference games against the better teams. Moving 3-4 teams out will allow them to play those teams. The IAAM needs to move 3-4 teams down, and not replace them. Mercy lost to three of the bottom A teams this year. There is no justification to move them up, but there are three great justifiable reasons to keep them in B…three losses to A teams in 2022.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Why move Mercy up when they lost to the three bottom tier teams that should move down? Doesn’t make rational or logical sense to move Mercy to A, and move the three teams down that beat them. The math doesn’t add up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the issue. It won’t grow. It will have the reverse affect. When we play the bottom tier games, the stands are almost empty. Neither side wants to see a bad game. Hopefully, this is a joke and a Mercy stays in B.

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 126 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard