Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:33 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:24 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:19 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 09:59 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 09:58 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,438
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 104 of 109 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 108 109
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #374258 04/12/22 12:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So I am new to the backofthecage I have to say it doesn't disappoint. I have noticed all teams seem obsessed with the goalies. Is this a new thing or just goalie parents are the primary posters? Trying to understand the LAX landscape and drama/politics.

Also are there any clubs that get girls recruited that are not drama filled and so political?

I wouldn't say there is a focus on the goalies. Topics cycle around. It just so happens that goalies were a recent topic on this page. They probably won't be discussed again for another year.

No. Expect drama. Some of the "bigger" clubs are worse than others... do your research before you align with any of them. If you are talking to one and their promises are sounding great, there is a good chance another family is getting screwed over in that process.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #374309 04/12/22 03:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I am new to the backofthecage I have to say it doesn't disappoint. I have noticed all teams seem obsessed with the goalies. Is this a new thing or just goalie parents are the primary posters? Trying to understand the LAX landscape and drama/politics.

Also are there any clubs that get girls recruited that are not drama filled and so political?

I wouldn't say there is a focus on the goalies. Topics cycle around. It just so happens that goalies were a recent topic on this page. They probably won't be discussed again for another year.

No. Expect drama. Some of the "bigger" clubs are worse than others... do your research before you align with any of them. If you are talking to one and their promises are sounding great, there is a good chance another family is getting screwed over in that process.

Whatever you, just tiptoe and whisper around Long Island and Maryland parents.... we don't want them to know that lacrosse is played in other areas of the country also.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #378464 05/10/22 12:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
livelove lax schedule out! Lets fire up this board! I will predict NXT black goes 0-4.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #378496 05/10/22 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
livelove lax schedule out! Lets fire up this board! I will predict NXT black goes 0-4.

Who cares? At this point it's about preparing for the recruiting circuit that starts in the fall. Why not play the top teams? If you can get in the brackets with the top teams, then the better chances for college coaches watching your games in the future. When recruiting "officially" starts for the 2025s in the fall, it's far better to be prepared to play in brackets with top 20 teams then it is to play in top 50 teams as long as you can be competitive. Win - losses don't matter in showcases.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #378512 05/10/22 04:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? At this point it's about preparing for the recruiting circuit that starts in the fall. Why not play the top teams? If you can get in the brackets with the top teams, then the better chances for college coaches watching your games in the future. When recruiting "officially" starts for the 2025s in the fall, it's far better to be prepared to play in brackets with top 20 teams then it is to play in top 50 teams as long as you can be competitive. Win - losses don't matter in showcases.

2025 is critical for getting good film. Some teams will play down a bit this summer in order to help get better film for their 5 minute highlight cut.

In terms of live play, performance at prospect days is much more important than tourneys since coaches will be watching you live.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #378518 05/10/22 04:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First, change your perspective. Clubs don't get girls recruited to division 1, players do. Any girl in an A Maryland club will have plenty of opportunities. Its all about what you do with them. Top clubs get more girls recruited because they have better girls. The only thing less relevant that the club team a girl plays for, is the private high school they go to.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #378536 05/10/22 07:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok get good film. Go to school camps not showcases. Seems boring. Who is going to win seems much more entertaining to talk about. What if defenders almost clear the ball but run back toward their own goal over and over again to get great tape clearing the ball. Really showcasing their awesome clearing skills. Would that be "smart" for defenders? Maybe we can have one more summer of pure lacrosse joy. What do you say?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #379878 05/17/22 07:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Century girls just beat Glenelg, 8-7.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380027 05/18/22 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not gonna change for the next few years either. Century owns Glenelg!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380362 05/19/22 10:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. Next year Century will have 1 player. The Clemson commit.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #380498 05/20/22 04:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move this convo to the high school thread? Not sure why you are arguing about this on the 2025 thread - not like many 25s played in this game...

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380505 05/20/22 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they posted the AS team rosters for the two teams? Will they need to decide before going to UA?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380535 05/20/22 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS invites went out at the beginning of the week. Deadline to RSVP (pay deposit) was yesterday (Thursday). They must be rounding out the rosters from the waitlist before they publish.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380648 05/21/22 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
those 595 checks/ deposits coming in must be nice.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #382830 06/04/22 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was M&D black missing other girls today besides their draw girl?

Like Reply Quote
Page 104 of 109 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 108 109
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard