BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 58 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else think there's just way too many events? Impossible to go to all, and you feel like you got to go to as many things as you can.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone else think there's just way too many events? Impossible to go to all, and you feel like you got to go to as many things as you can.

Go to the events that will have the most college coaches watching. Play for a club that goes to the top well attended summer and fall tournaments and have your kid try out for UA or American Select.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the events that will have the most college coaches watching. Play for a club that goes to the top well attended summer and fall tournaments and have your kid try out for UA or American Select.
Not to mention, go to the prospect camps for those schools you want to be seen by.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you play for a top team there is no need to attend all of those extra events. Your kid will be seen at showcases/tournaments that she attends with her club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes them the top 2 goalies?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering they are starting goalies for Heros Green and M&D Black with multiple offers to play at private schools it’s easy to argue they’re two of the top goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering they are starting goalies for Heros Green and M&D Black with multiple offers to play at private schools it’s easy to argue they’re two of the top goalies.

"Two of" is a lot more appropriate..... unless you've seen every other 2025 goalie in the country and can verify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

List those schools please, I've got a goalie I'll throw in the mix.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For some reason, people like to "rank" goalies more so than any other position. You either got a good goalie or you don't. Yes, both of those goalies are very good. Being that they are freshman, are those offers from last year or are they being recruited to transfer in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For some reason, people like to "rank" goalies more so than any other position. You either got a good goalie or you don't. Yes, both of those goalies are very good. Being that they are freshman, are those offers from last year or are they being recruited to transfer in?

The problem with ranking goalies is that it's not accurate. A really good defense can make a mediocre goalie look great. Who is the better goalie.... the one who goes 550% on 20-30+ shots near and on crease with no defense OR the one that goes 500% off four pumpkin tosses from bad angles because she's a good defense working in front of her? The goalie can't be graded by the score, that's why they need to be seen playing. I want to see fundamental movement, good solid direct clears, no panicking, few rebounds etc..... That's a good goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem with ranking goalies is that it's not accurate. A really good defense can make a mediocre goalie look great. Who is the better goalie.... the one who goes 550% on 20-30+ shots near and on crease with no defense OR the one that goes 500% off four pumpkin tosses from bad angles because she's a good defense working in front of her? The goalie can't be graded by the score, that's why they need to be seen playing. I want to see fundamental movement, good solid direct clears, no panicking, few rebounds etc..... That's a good goalie.

Agree with everything but the "few rebounds", great goalie makes saves with all parts of their body and you will see balls bounce back out into the playing field when it happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, the defense in front of the goalie is a big difference maker!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it the club or school? One of the Heros goalies goes to what school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both goalies at Heros and MND are very good. Both have stellar defenses in front of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both goalies at Heros and MND are very good. Both have stellar defenses in front of them.
I would say that the 4 goalies for both teams are good. Each has their strengths. Though there are other goalies in the league that are equally as talented that do not have the luxury of having the same defense supporting them. In addition, these goalies have to go against both M&D's and Hero's high powered offenses. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say that the 4 goalies for both teams are good. Each has their strengths. Though there are other goalies in the league that are equally as talented that do not have the luxury of having the same defense supporting them. In addition, these goalies have to go against both M&D's and Hero's high powered offenses. Just my 2 cents.

MY kid is a goalie and Ive heard on more than one occasion, get your kid on a below avg or avg team to develop. You want them seeing as many shots as possible and not all with good defenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA150 invites are out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA150 invites are out.

My daughter got an invite but I'm unsure what the level will be. Looking at All Stars from last year, top players weren't there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the Heros goalies goes to Century.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA150 invites are out.

My daughter got an invite but I'm unsure what the level will be. Looking at All Stars from last year, top players weren't there.

All stars were picked by a college coach that spent a couple games on sidelines with a kid. Usually a player of a game that scored a bunch of had some great saves. Not a real all star team. Talent was high level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MY kid is a goalie and Ive heard on more than one occasion, get your kid on a below avg or avg team to develop. You want them seeing as many shots as possible and not all with good defenses.

From experience, it helps a goalie develop quickly. But once they hit 8th grade and higher, it becomes an issue. The girls get stronger and the shots get faster. At a certain point, the issue of safety becomes a factor. Three games of 30+ SOG takes a toll on a young body. Believe me when I say it's no fun going for a concussion check while everyone else is relaxing between games. With no defense, crease cranks and repeated 8m run ins, mine has taken as many as six to head in a day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither Heros goalie goes to Century

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the starter goalie goes to Century on Heros Green.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a Heros goalie that goes to Century — I believe it’s a 2025. I was at a training and saw her. Someone said she played on the AS team last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a Heros goalie that goes to Century — I believe it’s a 2025. I was at a training and saw her. Someone said she played on the AS team last year.

She is the 25 white goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's Green goalies go to Centennial and Queen Anne's. White goalie is who goes to Century.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero's White 2025.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, she is one of the Heroes 2025 White goalies and she played on AS team. She is very talented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks 25 Heros white goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you think about the Under Armour 150? My daughter will be participating for the first time. Hopefully it will be a good experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you think about the Under Armour 150? My daughter will be participating for the first time. Hopefully it will be a good experience.

Its a great experience. High level of play and a fun combine.

Rising juniors tends to be much higher quality than rising sophomores though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She needs to be on Green.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She needs to be on Green.
Never going to happen. If they were going to move her to green they would have done it by now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they will force out another goalie, like they did a couple years ago, during the covid year. Told everyone that their spot was safe, and then took the LBC goalie and forced the other one to white, after tryouts had been completed at all of the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this stage in club, a better player is taken to replace one that is not as talented. The goalie you speak of ended up at another B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I lost track of that goalie after she got put on white, but she was an A level goalie. Sounds more like Heros was trying to collect talent. Neither that goalie or the current white goalie previously discussed should be on a B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I lost track of that goalie after she got put on white, but she was an A level goalie. Sounds more like Heros was trying to collect talent. Neither that goalie or the current white goalie previously discussed should be on a B team.

Now on SW white

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 58 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard