BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 126 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna Park gave GCS all they could handle, lost by 1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to GCS. This should be their year. I don’t see this program built to last. Very few Sophs and freshman. Old coach loaded up this team but don’t see it continuing. Not to say they aren’t the top team this year.
2025 and 2026 parents seemed to panic and look elsewhere when BR left. It’s pretty ironic that the team is doing better without him.

Well, look at how many 2025s are on the roster (varsity and jv)...

Hearing that GCS will like be getting some transfers this summer. Parents/kids have been at the school over the past couple of weeks. 3 - 25's and q 26 looking to come.

Kids that didn’t play at their previous school. Hear a jr and some senior starters are also leaving GCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain what was the infraction that caused Bryn Mawr to play without a goalie for 13 minutes? wasnt there another goalie dressed?

USA MAGAZINE "Bryn Mawr (Md.) also shook up the rankings with a wild win over previous No. 4 Archbishop Spalding (Md.). The Mawrtians played the final 13 minutes of the game without a goalie due to an equipment infraction"

The Bryn Mawr goalie wasn't wearing thigh pads and the Spalding coaches brought that to the refs attention. BM doesn't seem to play their 2nd goalie much. I can only assume that she didn't have thigh pads on her either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to GCS. This should be their year. I don’t see this program built to last. Very few Sophs and freshman. Old coach loaded up this team but don’t see it continuing. Not to say they aren’t the top team this year.
2025 and 2026 parents seemed to panic and look elsewhere when BR left. It’s pretty ironic that the team is doing better without him.

Well, look at how many 2025s are on the roster (varsity and jv)...

Hearing that GCS will like be getting some transfers this summer. Parents/kids have been at the school over the past couple of weeks. 3 - 25's and q 26 looking to come.

Kids that didn’t play at their previous school. Hear a jr and some senior starters are also leaving GCS.
Rumor mills are so fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many 2025 Hero’s Green players are also leaving GCS for other schools as well

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 2025, 2026’s players are leaving

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There aren’t any 2025 heroes Green players at GCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is only one 2025 Heros green player at GCS. No other school wants her loud and obnoxious father on their sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question for the group: How do parents afford to have their girls attend these prestigious private schools? By no means am I poor, but I definitely cant afford 30k/year for high school. Are there special grants set aside for athletes? Very interested to see how I can get my daughter into one of these schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain what was the infraction that caused Bryn Mawr to play without a goalie for 13 minutes? wasnt there another goalie dressed?

USA MAGAZINE "Bryn Mawr (Md.) also shook up the rankings with a wild win over previous No. 4 Archbishop Spalding (Md.). The Mawrtians played the final 13 minutes of the game without a goalie due to an equipment infraction"

The Bryn Mawr goalie wasn't wearing thigh pads and the Spalding coaches brought that to the refs attention. BM doesn't seem to play their 2nd goalie much. I can only assume that she didn't have thigh pads on her either.

Sorry for the dense question but didn’t bryn mahr win that game? That has to be tough for a coach to call a rule violation and then still lose by a pretty wide margin when the opposing team doesn’t have a goalie for the last significant portion of the game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players (25s) potentially going to GCS are contributors for their current schools. Junior non starter is likely leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is hilarious... do you even know how many girls are at GCS from 2025 Green OR white??? There is 1 so not sure how "many" are leaving...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is hilarious... do you even know how many girls are at GCS from 2025 Green OR white??? There is 1 so not sure how "many" are leaving...

What are you talking about? Are you a parent on the team? heard it’s “3” players leaving !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glenelg High beat Severna Park 13-8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is only one 2025 Heros green player at GCS. No other school wants her loud and obnoxious father on their sidelines.

So true. If she was better if might be overlooked but he's too much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question for the group: How do parents afford to have their girls attend these prestigious private schools? By no means am I poor, but I definitely cant afford 30k/year for high school. Are there special grants set aside for athletes? Very interested to see how I can get my daughter into one of these schools.

At most private schools, 30-40% of the families receive some help. Our kids have been in a local private since preschool, and yes, it is a lot of money. We believe it is a smart investment in their future and are giving them opportunities we didn't have growing up.

Suggest you reach out to those schools that seem to be a fit for your child/family and inquire. Arrange a visit, take a tour, schedule a shadow day (prospective student visits and attends classes). Talk about your ability to pay, and see where the conversation goes.

It is likely financial aid has already been allocated and awarded for the coming year given that admissions season has passed, but it is worth inquiring. SOme schools still have openings and may have some aid left.

Best of luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? Are you a parent on the team? heard it’s “3” players leaving !

The comment said many 2025 Hero's Green players are leaving. There is ONE on the roster so not sure how you can get "many" from 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glenelg High beat Severna Park 13-8
LOL. So that makes you #1 in your book i bet. Good luck against Century.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry for the dense question but didn’t bryn mahr win that game? That has to be tough for a coach to call a rule violation and then still lose by a pretty wide margin when the opposing team doesn’t have a goalie for the last significant portion of the game.

Not as easy as one would think when they’re able to replace their goalie with an extra defender and the other team is already down a player due to yellow cards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes… there are grants, scholarships, financial aids and if they want you bad enough, they make it work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is quite a bit of financial aid available even if you make decent money. The threshold is pretty high not to qualify for something. If you have multiple kids in private school or in college that goes into the equation too. It's different for the catholic schools but those schools aren't as expensive as McD, SPSG, Bryn Mawr, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players (25s) potentially going to GCS are contributors for their current schools. Junior non starter is likely leaving.

Coach better get some players. Barely enough for jv and not much talent there either. Coach and assistant will have to earn their money going forward since kids aren’t knocking down the door without a Big name coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is quite a bit of financial aid available even if you make decent money. The threshold is pretty high not to qualify for something. If you have multiple kids in private school or in college that goes into the equation too. It's different for the catholic schools but those schools aren't as expensive as McD, SPSG, Bryn Mawr, etc.

How great would Catonsville girls be this year if all of the talent had not been stunk away by the scholarships to the MIAA schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How great would Catonsville girls be this year if all of the talent had not been stunk away by the scholarships to the MIAA schools?

The better question would be to ask "why are parents taking their kids away from the publics and sending them to the privates?"... what should the publics do "better" to retain their kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great. State Champion Great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What fun would it be winning 15-1 every night. In the Iaam every game is high level. No comparison to Baltimore county lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What fun would it be winning 15-1 every night. In the Iaam every game is high level. No comparison to Baltimore county lax.
Have to agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach better get some players. Barely enough for jv and not much talent there either. Coach and assistant will have to earn their money going forward since kids aren’t knocking down the door without a Big name coach.
Current GCS coach has been there 15+ years. Has taken the program from a C conference team, to winning the B conference multiple years in a row, to the A division where they have made it to the semi finals multiple times. She has won Coach of the Year, and she’s the one who has brought the team up in the rankings to the current #1 team in the nation. Give credit where credit it due to Coach Walton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is she staying?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Current GCS coach has been there 15+ years. Has taken the program from a C conference team, to winning the B conference multiple years in a row, to the A division where they have made it to the semi finals multiple times. She has won Coach of the Year, and she’s the one who has brought the team up in the rankings to the current #1 team in the nation. Give credit where credit it due to Coach Walton.

I am sure Coach Walton is a good coach. But the program changed when BR got involved. They went from bottom of B before he got there to 3 straight Champ game appearances, a couple of B conf champs. If it was all Walton, why weren't they A conf level before BR got there? And how many of the current players were recruited by Coach Walton. I guess we will see what GCS does in the next few years when BR's recruits leave and its all Walton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure Coach Walton is a good coach. But the program changed when BR got involved. They went from bottom of B before he got there to 3 straight Champ game appearances, a couple of B conf champs. If it was all Walton, why weren't they A conf level before BR got there? And how many of the current players were recruited by Coach Walton. I guess we will see what GCS does in the next few years when BR's recruits leave and its all Walton.
BR pov

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When my daughter was getting recruited by GCS, it was by the former coach. We never met or heard from Coach Walton. The other people I know all say the same thing. Maybe PW will stick around and prove that it’s her but all GCS success started when BR got there. She is riding the wave of some great recruiting with a team that is built to win this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is way more than the coach. Both GCS and to a lesser extent Gerstell, in order to join the IAAM, went all in with girls lacrosse in terms of recruiting, financial aid, etc. Both now appear to be rethinking that strategy and are not putting girls lacrosse in the forefront. There is nothing wrong with that, but the coaches have to play the hand they are dealt.

To the other question about Catonsville. Yes they would be elite, but so would Dulaney, Hereford, Towson, and even Loch Raven and Perry Hall, if the local kids stayed out of the IAAM. Its the nature of the beast in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When my daughter was getting recruited by GCS, it was by the former coach. We never met or heard from Coach Walton. The other people I know all say the same thing. Maybe PW will stick around and prove that it’s her but all GCS success started when BR got there. She is riding the wave of some great
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The players (25s) potentially going to GCS are contributors for their current schools. Junior non starter is likely leaving.

Same thing for our family. NEVER heard from her, only from BR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is way more than the coach. Both GCS and to a lesser extent Gerstell, in order to join the IAAM, went all in with girls lacrosse in terms of recruiting, financial aid, etc. Both now appear to be rethinking that strategy and are not putting girls lacrosse in the forefront. There is nothing wrong with that, but the coaches have to play the hand they are dealt.

To the other question about Catonsville. Yes they would be elite, but so would Dulaney, Hereford, Towson, and even Loch Raven and Perry Hall, if the local kids stayed out of the IAAM. Its the nature of the beast in Maryland.

Gerstell and GCS do not belong in same category and Gerstell will never win in A. They are rethinking because they can’t get athletes to come and coaching is below average for A conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When my daughter was getting recruited by GCS, it was by the former coach. We never met or heard from Coach Walton. The other people I know all say the same thing. Maybe PW will stick around and prove that it’s her but all GCS success started when BR got there. She is riding the wave of some great recruiting with a team that is built to win this year.

PW is doing a great job. The girls all love her. Even though they are a very talented team someone still has to get them to play as a team. BR bought the ingredients but PW is making the cake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gerstell and GCS do not belong in same category and Gerstell will never win in A. They are rethinking because they can’t get athletes to come and coaching is below average for A conference.

I agree about Gerstell, but with an even less qualified coach they were able to attract some top talent (injured top recruit Maryland, starters and key contributors at Navy, Rutgers, Loyola, and some more lower D1s). Their top player this year, a senior, is strong, but the future looks bleak. What changed?

After this amazing senior class leaves, GCS will not nearly be on the same level. BR was there through last year, why aren't the Junior and Soph classes on the same level as the Senior class? Honest question.

I really think both schools are done with the girls lacrosse arms race and will settle into the IAAM B in the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PW is doing a great job. The girls all love her. Even though they are a very talented team someone still has to get them to play as a team. BR bought the ingredients but PW is making the cake.

Cake was made last year. Players are putting icing on it. They aren’t doing 1 thing different this year in terms of schemes or strategy. Any of the players could coach this group mr w !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cake was made last year. Players are putting icing on it. They aren’t doing 1 thing different this year in terms of schemes or strategy. Any of the players could coach this group mr w !
PW is better than BR relating to the girls and that's the big difference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She was coach of the year a few years back. This thread isn’t accurate. She is real deal. Get to know your coaching staff better folks.

Like Reply Quote
Page 73 of 126 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard