BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 126 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, if you both think you could do a much better job, why don't you take a course, step on the field and ref an IAAM game. Until then, be quiet, and be thankful that there are people who are willing to do it and put up with the constant chatter from the know-it-all stunads on the sidelines for the pittance I am sure they receive in return for officiating the game. It is a wonder we still have people willing to do it. They are certainly not doing it to get rich.
Sit down with the whole “if you think you can do better”. You must not be watching games. There are major issues and major injuries happening because of it. There have been calls and meetings with the league about it. If anyone thinks otherwise they are not paying attention to games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So propose a solution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also stand by my original statement. Where are these "wonder" officials and refs you seek supposed to come from unless people with a knowledge of the game are willing to be trained as officials, give up their time on a weekday afternoon, and officiate a game for not a whole lot of money. And, often times, get to hear a lot of garbage from people with very little knowledge of the game throughout the whole experience.

I have often found that people are great about complaining about things, but when it comes time to passing around the clip board for volunteers to do something about it, there are very few takers who are willing to sign up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, McD kept getting beat on the circle and draw… Plenty of other talent that is not being utilized
So much talent
Bryn Mawr on Monday,
Anyone know why the game got moved to another date?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, McD kept getting beat on the circle and draw… Plenty of other talent that is not being utilized
So much talent
Bryn Mawr on Monday,

Mcd asked to postpone. They had a student pass away over the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much talent
Bryn Mawr on Monday,

Mcd asked to postpone. They had a student pass away over the weekend.
that's very sad, condolences to the family

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought Mcd was supposed to play Glenelg HS Monday - was that game rescheduled also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought Mcd was supposed to play Glenelg HS Monday - was that game rescheduled also?

The game was canceled as McD needed to use that date to play the BM game that needed to be postponed due to the unfortunate incident in the McD community. The playoffs start that week so no way to reschedule the Glenelg game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD vs. Glenelg HS would have been a great game. Could have gone either way…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they should call the game closer. The trend is more physical. You hear the coaches exhorting their team to play with more intensity etc. I have seen tons of crosses to the head or extended cross checks to the back that really need to be called. I would say the refs should call super tight games in the regular season and loosen up in the playoffs a bit. Direct check to the head should be red. Players would adjust to the quicker whistle and quick cards for extended cross checks. The balance between skill/ speed and "toughness" has skewed to much to favor the tough, physical, and borderline dirty play in my opinion. We do not want to become long island style lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree with the above post. There are way too many cross checks and dangerous checks in the sphere. Call it tight and the behavior will change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS will hopefully dominate St. Paul’s today. Given it’s a home game, I unfortunately expect to hear to some of the trashy ghetto Baltimore County parents at the game. When they played us their actions were inexcusable and unbecoming of their school. Should be ashamed, you know who you are. Definitely rooting for the dragons today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS will hopefully dominate St. Paul’s today. Given it’s a home game, I unfortunately expect to hear to some of the trashy ghetto Baltimore County parents at the game. When they played us their actions were inexcusable and unbecoming of their school. Should be ashamed, you know who you are. Definitely rooting for the dragons today.
ok, this was written by a SPSG parent trying to troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"trashy ghetto Baltimore County parents"....you must be so proud

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. 20-7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD almost lost another one to NDP. NDP fought hard and only lost by one point,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. 20-7.

GCS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish I could have been there to finally hear SPSG keep quiet on the sidelines. Cheering for your team is one thing, and completely agree to cheering for teammates. However those notIntelligent songs after a SPSG goal for
each player is annoying, unsportsmanlike and completely unnecessary. You don’t see college teams doing that nonsense. I’m not a GCS parent but seeing that score ensures those darn songs were not being sang. Be a class act SPSG, sorry Mary G, you’re the coach and should never allow it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch!!!!!!! No singing after SPSG scoring. Hahahahahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish I could have been there to finally hear SPSG keep quiet on the sidelines. Cheering for your team is one thing, and completely agree to cheering for teammates. However those notIntelligent songs after a SPSG goal for
each player is annoying, unsportsmanlike and completely unnecessary. You don’t see college teams doing that nonsense. I’m not a GCS parent but seeing that score ensures those darn songs were not being sang. Be a class act SPSG, sorry Mary G, you’re the coach and should never allow it.
This comment jogged my memory…. SPSG has a team IG (I’m not saying which team)that is totally obnoxious and openly mocks the opposing teams shortfalls and mistakes. It’s so aggressive for a little private school as the account holder could totally be exposed. Surprised they dont have an athletic rule against such accounts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This league is bar far the best in the country. Any given day, the competition, the players, the coaches: the best league in the country. We should all be proud of our daughters as the compete against some of the best of the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow a little BUTT Hurt Mom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch!!!!!!! No singing after SPSG scoring. Hahahahahahahaha

oh now who is the mature one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD almost lost another one to NDP. NDP fought hard and only lost by one point,

Ok NDP Mom... we get it, losing by 1 and trying hard is an "almost" win !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. 20-7.

GCS

What happened to SPSG? which wheels fell off during the game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were quiet today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MG whining in the Sun article about her team injuries. SPSG had their offense all there and their draw girls and could only manage 7 goals. A few D girls were not going to make a big difference in that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Lord. They are still kids with spirit. Considering all of the awful news lately about teenagers taking their lives, let them sing. Dang.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always nice to see the top seed lose but I completely disagree with this comment. Our team has been crushed many times over the years by SPSG and the losing is the annoying part. The girls have songs, I think individually for each player, and sing on the sideline after goals/good plays. How dare they have fun and bond together. heck let’s eliminate cheering for their girls all together. They should be silent as to not offend the team that got scored on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MG whining in the Sun article about her team injuries. SPSG had their offense all there and their draw girls and could only manage 7 goals. A few D girls were not going to make a big difference in that game.
☝🏻

Losing stinks yes, but do it gracefully when you are #1. SPSG wasn’t prepared for GCS. To repeatedly say that the reason you lost was because of your injuries is not giving credit where credit is due to GCS. All teams fight injuries towards the end of the season. It’s why you have a bench. I would think the #1 team in the nation would have had theirs ready.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing your kid is a star middie? As the parent of a defender-that’s pretty harsh. Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken by someone who is out on the field playing the game. D girls do make a difference. Especially key D girls. They have a lot of young players playing against a well seasoned 2022 class.

Instead of trying to tear down girls why don’t we talk about why so many of these girls are tearing their ACL, MCL and the like around the IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely agree with the comments about spgs fans and players- cheering has never been mean natured- only positive for their team/players. No harm in having fun- these girls need it. My daughter plays for another iaam team but they have always been nothing but classy and sportsmanlike when playing. I agree, this is anyone’s championship this year! Fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always nice to see the top seed lose but I completely disagree with this comment. Our team has been crushed many times over the years by SPSG and the losing is the annoying part. The girls have songs, I think individually for each player, and sing on the sideline after goals/good plays. How dare they have fun and bond together. heck let’s eliminate cheering for their girls all together. They should be silent as to not offend the team that got scored on.
cheering/singing for your teammates is great. the goal for the other team is to keep that cheering/signing to a minimum, GCS did that yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought it was interesting how she blamed the freshman defenders, but yet has a sideline of Sr defenders that easily and should have gone in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought it was interesting how she blamed the freshman defenders, but yet has a sideline of Sr defenders that easily and should have gone in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing your kid is a star middie? As the parent of a defender-that’s pretty harsh. Offense wins games, defense wins championships.
yup..and the GCS defense held a healthy and intact SPSG offense to 7 goals. GCS also won the draw battle which was supposed to be a SPSG strength.. did the missing SPSG defenders really make that much of a difference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Lord. They are still kids with spirit. Considering all of the awful news lately about teenagers taking their lives, let them sing. Dang.

Yeah calling the girls out for having fun and singing in support of their teammates is ridiculous. GCS counted to the number of goals they had after every goal, is this not allowed to? No SPSG parents were offended by the GCS girls counting 1,2,3, etc even when it got to 20. They played a great game yesterday. And to say you don't see this stuff on college sidelines is just not true either. Some of the goal celebrations on college sidelines go far above singing a song for a girl for 5 seconds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah calling the girls out for having fun and singing in support of their teammates is ridiculous. GCS counted to the number of goals they had after every goal, is this not allowed to? No SPSG parents were offended by the GCS girls counting 1,2,3, etc even when it got to 20. They played a great game yesterday. And to say you don't see this stuff on college sidelines is just not true either. Some of the goal celebrations on college sidelines go far above singing a song for a girl for 5 seconds.
Some of the goal celebrations on college sidelines are awesome. You never see anybody getting bent out of shape there. Not sure why people are getting bent out of shape here. GCS parent here and I thought the SPSG energy on the sideline was great. You do whatever it takes to pump your team up out on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS was obviously the better team yesterday, they won it on the circle and played outstanding defense. But to say having our girls healthy would not have made a difference is crazy. At one point we had 4 freshman defenders on the field. That makes a huge difference.

Like Reply Quote
Page 70 of 126 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard