BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,946
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 126 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parents are more sad they paid for private school and the lacrosse is similar lol.

LOL at you for thinking people pay for private schools solely for athletic programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope the SPSG coach got a good scouting report while she was watching GCS best Dulaney 21-2 on Saturday morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope the SPSG coach got a good scouting report while she was watching GCS best Dulaney 21-2 on Saturday morning.

Do you think she's the only coach that goes and watches games? The whole McD staff was at the SPSG game against Stone Ridge earlier this season. If your coach isn't scouting opponents they're not doing their job,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year she came and watched two McDonogh games while her team, which should have included her, was supposed to be quarantining!(that was a joke as they all practiced at a local park anyways- cheaters) Each player could only have two people and we even had to check in at some schools, but she came anyway! How rude and oblivious she was/is. I guess rules don't apply to her or her team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year she came and watched two McDonogh games while her team, which should have included her, was supposed to be quarantining!(that was a joke as they all practiced at a local park anyways- cheaters) Each player could only have two people and we even had to check in at some schools, but she came anyway! How rude and oblivious she was/is. I guess rules don't apply to her or her team.
I have no skin in the game here but love that this McDonogh parent is calling SPSG cheaters especially since McDonogh literally invented a grade called pre 1st so their boys and girls would be a year older when they play high school ball.
Also- if you call everyone cheaters who broke some kind of quarantine or Covid rule over the last 2 years, good luck being very lonely

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think she's the only coach that goes and watches games? The whole McD staff was at the SPSG game against Stone Ridge earlier this season. If your coach isn't scouting opponents they're not doing their job,
why scout gcs when they are playing a bad team and many of the bench players played a lot of the game. She should gone to the gcs/severna park game on thursday to get a better scouting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why scout gcs when they are playing a bad team and many of the bench players played a lot of the game. She should gone to the gcs/severna park game on thursday to get a better scouting.

Hmm. Just a guess but maybe because she was busy coaching her own team on Thursday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmm. Just a guess but maybe because she was busy coaching her own team on Thursday?
Not Thursday night at 7pm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle for #2 GCS vs McD - looks like GCS is going to destroy the eagles !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD by 3

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD by 3
What’s the over/under?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wave I: Girls’ Under Armour All-Americans

Attack

Ava Besson, Walton (Ga.), Boston College
Abigail LoCascio, St. Anthony’s (N.Y.), Northwestern

Midfield

Finley Barger, Notre Dame Prep (Md.), Virginia
Ella Cabrera, Northport (N.Y.), North Carolina
Kori Edmondson, McDonogh (Md.), Maryland
Jaylen Rosga, Henry Sibley (Minn.), Maryland
Maggie Weisman, Glenelg Country (Md.), Maryland
Marissa White, Agnes Irwin (Pa.), North Carolina

Defense

Madison Beale, St. Paul’s School for Girls (Md.), Duke
Jaidyn Donley, Comsewogue (N.Y.), Stony Brook

Goalie

Shea Dolce, Darien (Conn.), Boston College

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these girls have done nothing all season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me you’re upset your daughter’s name isn’t listed without telling me you’re upset your daughter’s name isn’t listed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than your daughter has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well there's only 4 IAAM girls on the list and all of them are very good players so you're coming off as a whiny B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell me you’re upset your daughter’s name isn’t listed without telling me you’re upset your daughter’s name isn’t listed.
HAHA... So true. You can taste the bitterness through the keyboard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to those who made it. It's not base on what they have done this year. These players are the best of the Under Armour Highlight teams, not neccessarily the best of the best in the country. The only way to get on the
UA senior team was to have played on the Highlight teams one of the last 2 years. These girls are very good players and probably half of them would make the team anyway, but here are players just in the Baltimore area who are better than some of the players who will make the team out of the local area but for one reason or another choose not try out for the UA Highlight teams. The same holds true for the other regions represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to those who made it. It's not base on what they have done this year. These players are the best of the Under Armour Highlight teams, not neccessarily the best of the best in the country. The only way to get on the
UA senior team was to have played on the Highlight teams one of the last 2 years. These girls are very good players and probably half of them would make the team anyway, but here are players just in the Baltimore area who are better than some of the players who will make the team out of the local area but for one reason or another choose not try out for the UA Highlight teams. The same holds true for the other regions represented.
I have to disagree with you on your analysis of the players on this list. If you look through the list on Inside Lacrosse, every player listed on the UA SR team except 1 is a top 20 player and 5 star recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s nothing more than jealousy. Congrats to the girls who made the first wave. Well deserved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to disagree with you on your analysis of the players on this list. If you look through the list on Inside Lacrosse, every player listed on the UA SR team except 1 is a top 20 player and 5 star recruit.
And on that list there might be 5 that are true 5 star players. Don’t let they the politics confuse you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you for actually having an opinion and not like the others on this forum that can say it must be jealousy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hardly jealous and have no daughter to compare. Just wanted to see my alma mater do well this year in the IAAM and it’s been a disappointment. Just tired of the hype and want to see some real studs kick it out there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% jealousy. This occurs every year from an envious parent. The star/ranking system is misleading across all sports. Do you know how you receive stars? By paying IL an evaluation fee. Should you pay the fee, you get a minimum of 3 stars and ranked. Most parents don’t opt to pay. My son plays and starts for a power five football team. We refused to pay for any evaluation. He made many all star teams, and was recruited by 6 of the top 10 teams in the country…he had zero stars and wasn’t ranked. Oh, and Juan Dixon and Steve Blake weren’t ranked either. Both won a national championship and both played in the NBA. Steve Blake recently retired from the NBA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you for actually having an opinion and not like the others on this forum that can say it must be jealousy.
I have an opinion. It’s jealousy. Someone thinks their defender or their attacker or their midfielder was more deserving. Like someone said, the names of the girls on this list from the Baltimore area are worthy. To say they have done nothing is nothing more than sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love how the UA list brings out all the parents with anger issues on both sides of the argument. Can't wait for the next 3 waves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is not it at all. There are girls on the watch list that are deserving, no doubt. BUT, there are girls that made UA ONCE in all the times to try out and ONLY made it because their club coach was the UA coach - tell me that is not coincidental. NOW they are on the watch list? How does that make sense? Why do people get so offended when it's brought up that it is political? Is it all political? NO! But there are girls that are questionable. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% jealousy. This occurs every year from an envious parent. The star/ranking system is misleading across all sports. Do you know how you receive stars? By paying IL an evaluation fee. Should you pay the fee, you get a minimum of 3 stars and ranked. Most parents don’t opt to pay. My son plays and starts for a power five football team. We refused to pay for any evaluation. He made many all star teams, and was recruited by 6 of the top 10 teams in the country…he had zero stars and wasn’t ranked. Oh, and Juan Dixon and Steve Blake weren’t ranked either. Both won a national championship and both played in the NBA. Steve Blake recently retired from the NBA.

Both Dixon and Blake were ranked recruits in HS. Blake was an all american and one of the tope PGs in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played in zero IL tournaments and was a 5 star top 20 recruit in lacrosse. I understand that playing in a IL tournament helps you out, but if you are good coaches and evaluators will find you and rank you accordingly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a sour parent or you wouldn’t make negative statements. You are very transparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes you think that the criteria is making an UA underclass team? That is very much untrue. There have been former boys/girls UA All Americans that never tried out and made this team. Sounds like your kid made a couple of the teams and now you feel slighted. You sound like an entitled spoiled kid. This team is about the entire body of work. These are some talented kids on this list. Stop with the envy and congratulate these children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And on that list there might be 5 that are true 5 star players. Don’t let they the politics confuse you.
Please explain how you would rank differently and why those other 5 girls are not deserving of 5 star recruit status? It is one thing to throw out innocuous statements, but to have no data to back up your statements is rather dull.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is not it at all. There are girls on the watch list that are deserving, no doubt. BUT, there are girls that made UA ONCE in all the times to try out and ONLY made it because their club coach was the UA coach - tell me that is not coincidental. NOW they are on the watch list? How does that make sense? Why do people get so offended when it's brought up that it is political? Is it all political? NO! But there are girls that are questionable. Period.
Every one of the girls that made first wave are also going to top 8 collegiate programs(with the exception of one going to a top 15). Are the ones complaining also saying that they have also duped these college. Congratulate and move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every one of the girls that made first wave are also going to top 8 collegiate programs(with the exception of one going to a top 15). Are the ones complaining also saying that they have also duped these college. Congratulate and move on

No wait, there are at least 8-10 girls in the IAAM that are more deserving than any of those listed. WTH, I didn't know you had to PAY someone to get on the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't think you had to KNOW someone to get picked?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way to get on the UA senior team was to have played on the Highlight teams one of the last 2 years

Apparently not true, there is a player that hasn't been on a Highlight team listed there in Wave 1... ( hint not a Md. player)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way to get on the UA senior team was to have played on the Highlight teams one of the last 2 years

Apparently not true, there is a player that hasn't been on a Highlight team listed there in Wave 1... ( hint not a Md. player)
If she’s on the watchlist she was in the UA Highlight team in her region 1 of the last 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. If that is the case then you need better friends. Hey, I have a novel idea; Let’s congratulate these players for great high school careers. Especially the Maryland players. Loved seeing all of them play in high school and in club. They are a good bunch of kids. By the way, they are also great students.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Careful. You’re going to give away your identity with your complaining. You sound just like you do on the sideline complaining to your husband about everyone on your daughter’s team except your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are not jealous then stop whining. Why are you so interested in the kids on this list? I will answer it for you: jealousy and envy. You have too much time on your hand when you are trolling the kids historical all star teams. Stop with this madness and get over it. We are tired of the whining and far off justification why your kid didn’t make the team. Take your justification and be satisfied with it. The majority of us are telling you to stop with the weak justifications. Seems like you have a new justification with each post. I know that there are a million weak justifications out there, but we do want to hear all of them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 126 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard