BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 112 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
“My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.“

BLC is very beatable, they routinely play in tight games. Someone from the mid tier A is going to beat them. Pride came close already

BLC already lost a game to Heros Green.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.“

BLC is very beatable, they routinely play in tight games. Someone from the mid tier A is going to beat them. Pride came close already

I’m sure they meant Heros.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure they meant Heros.

^Correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is the only unbeatable team this Season until they get to the playoffs based on their schedule. Hero’s may end up undefeated but due to their tougher schedule could also get beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The BLC squad looks more vulnerable than in past seasons for moving down a peg or two. The Tier 3 teams are tightening up the difference between them and those in Tier 2 like BLC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 4

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -2
Two very good teams, winner is squarely in that third playoff seed contention. Could come down to DCs and TOs, who protects the ball. Give slight advantage to Pride based on showing against BLC.

Coppermine 27 vs TLC Red 27
Coppermine -2
I can't believe that the spread is this close but here we are. Rumors of Coppermine's demise appear to be accurate. That being said, I still think they beat a TLC team that is still getting it's sea legs in A league.

LBC 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC -3
LBC has a chance to really shake things up in the South. Always take the under in a BLC game and I am going to think LBC uses the same strategy it had in beating Hero's Green in the fall. Expect ball control by both teams here.

NEMS 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
NEMS -3
NEMS seems to be following the Coppermine track, and Skywalkers have officially improved from the 2021 version. I still think NEMS pulls this out but I wouldn't be shocked if they lost this game.

Integrity Green 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -3
I wish I could adjust this based on Saturday's outcome, but I won't. Integrity got noticed with their beating of Coppermine and strong play against LBC. I think Pride pulls this out, but it will be tight.

Stars Light Blue 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's -9
On paper, this thing is a blow out but if the refs want to slow this game down and ref this like its a 2030 game, its going to keep the score low. HG shooters will be too much in the end and I expect them to get into double digits.

M&D Black 27 CCLax 27
M&D -14
We have a Week 1 rematch. CCLax showed signs of life last week but M&D will do what they do best, run up and down the field and score early and often here.

Cavalier 27 vs Hero's White 27
Hero's White -6
Hero's White went from an afterthought to a darkhorse playoff team in the matter of the last year. They are going to come hard at Cavs and I think unless the refs get in a way, White's going to roll in this one.

I've seen a few lines out there already but these are the "Old Vegas" lines, provided by none other than Sam "Ace" Rothstein. Get this through your head you. You only exist out here because of me. (Joking of course) Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.

I saw LBC, TLC, SWB, NEMS, Coppermine all play and they are essentially the same teams. All have some very talented players and also some girls who should be on B teams. Note, nothing wrong with being on a B team, I’m thrilled to see them playing an awesome sport.

Biggest surprise is tlc even though they are chasing first win. Not worried about nems, they are well coached and will get better on D which is a major issue this season, they can score a bunch

NEMS/SWB may be the highest scoring 27 game of the season. 2 very good offenses and very bad defenses. Expect to see a score like 16-13 NEMS

Wonder how many girls will be entering the transfer portal next summer, you might see a team come out of nowhere and challenge top tier.

Don’t see a A+ player going to m&d, they are already stacked but if a few land at same place that team gets very good quickly

Teams usually don't come out of nowhere, but often the top 7 consolidate to a top 4 or 5. What makes this year unique is two very good teams south of BWI. Big X factor is clearly BLC, whose program ends in a year and is not remotely competitive at any other age group.

Do the girls who don't plan to try out for Capital leave earlier when its easier to make a top HS club? With SW improving does the top 5 or 6 from TLC try to make a move? With Coppermine out of the top half of A and no record in recruiting, will there be an exodus there as well?

Based on history and geography, I would expect SW and Integrity to get much better before next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is the only unbeatable team this Season until they get to the playoffs based on their schedule. Hero’s may end up undefeated but due to their tougher schedule could also get beat.

They are beatable. Not saying they aren't great. But they can lose locally to BLC and Hero's. Not to mention a few out of town teams.

Which doesn't take anything away from them. But Hero's and M&D could play 10x and it would probably never go better than 6-4 either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has been beating them routinely in last year, both great teams though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year will be the year to make a switch, so hard after this summers tryouts. MDU I think will be the team to add a few key players and make that jump. They’ll pull from LBC and integrity- I see them becoming a top ten team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Always fun when they play each other. Lots of high level ball movement. Same can be said for BLC. Good luck to all 3 this spring and summer

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 4

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -2
Two very good teams, winner is squarely in that third playoff seed contention. Could come down to DCs and TOs, who protects the ball. Give slight advantage to Pride based on showing against BLC.

Coppermine 27 vs TLC Red 27
Coppermine -2
I can't believe that the spread is this close but here we are. Rumors of Coppermine's demise appear to be accurate. That being said, I still think they beat a TLC team that is still getting it's sea legs in A league.

LBC 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC -3
LBC has a chance to really shake things up in the South. Always take the under in a BLC game and I am going to think LBC uses the same strategy it had in beating Hero's Green in the fall. Expect ball control by both teams here.

NEMS 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
NEMS -3
NEMS seems to be following the Coppermine track, and Skywalkers have officially improved from the 2021 version. I still think NEMS pulls this out but I wouldn't be shocked if they lost this game.

Integrity Green 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride -3
I wish I could adjust this based on Saturday's outcome, but I won't. Integrity got noticed with their beating of Coppermine and strong play against LBC. I think Pride pulls this out, but it will be tight.

Stars Light Blue 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's -9
On paper, this thing is a blow out but if the refs want to slow this game down and ref this like its a 2030 game, its going to keep the score low. HG shooters will be too much in the end and I expect them to get into double digits.

M&D Black 27 CCLax 27
M&D -14
We have a Week 1 rematch. CCLax showed signs of life last week but M&D will do what they do best, run up and down the field and score early and often here.

Cavalier 27 vs Hero's White 27
Hero's White -6
Hero's White went from an afterthought to a darkhorse playoff team in the matter of the last year. They are going to come hard at Cavs and I think unless the refs get in a way, White's going to roll in this one.

I've seen a few lines out there already but these are the "Old Vegas" lines, provided by none other than Sam "Ace" Rothstein. Get this through your head you. You only exist out here because of me. (Joking of course) Good luck to all the teams this weekend!

My biggest takeaway so far this season is I’m surprised at the parity, outside of m&d black and BLC anyone is beatable.

I saw LBC, TLC, SWB, NEMS, Coppermine all play and they are essentially the same teams. All have some very talented players and also some girls who should be on B teams. Note, nothing wrong with being on a B team, I’m thrilled to see them playing an awesome sport.

Biggest surprise is tlc even though they are chasing first win. Not worried about nems, they are well coached and will get better on D which is a major issue this season, they can score a bunch

NEMS/SWB may be the highest scoring 27 game of the season. 2 very good offenses and very bad defenses. Expect to see a score like 16-13 NEMS

Wonder how many girls will be entering the transfer portal next summer, you might see a team come out of nowhere and challenge top tier.

Don’t see a A+ player going to m&d, they are already stacked but if a few land at same place that team gets very good quickly

Teams usually don't come out of nowhere, but often the top 7 consolidate to a top 4 or 5. What makes this year unique is two very good teams south of BWI. Big X factor is clearly BLC, whose program ends in a year and is not remotely competitive at any other age group.

Do the girls who don't plan to try out for Capital leave earlier when its easier to make a top HS club? With SW improving does the top 5 or 6 from TLC try to make a move? With Coppermine out of the top half of A and no record in recruiting, will there be an exodus there as well?

Based on history and geography, I would expect SW and Integrity to get much better before next year.

I think you’re right, I can see SW picking up 4-8 girls next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both are outstanding. I think M&D has the edge in starting 11, especially on attack, but Hero's is a bit deeper. I think M&D will have the edge in NGLL, but could see Hero's taking in some super hot summer tourneys where some teams end up having to play 4 or 5 games in a day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year will be the year to make a switch, so hard after this summers tryouts. MDU I think will be the team to add a few key players and make that jump. They’ll pull from LBC and integrity- I see them becoming a top ten team.

Very likely scenario, though they were #11 at end of rankings last summer, they could legit be top-6 if add a few LBC integrity kids, but that’s big if.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls have to start thinking about HS’s and the next two summers tryouts will determine club to college recruiting options if they want to continue
I know MDU has strong recruiting. Based on all the drama I’ve been hearing w other club’s older girls it’s def an option we are going to look into along w SW. Not sure if Heros and Mnd will be taking on new girls, but they are also strong programs

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Girls have to start thinking about HS’s and the next two summers tryouts will determine club to college recruiting options if they want to continue
I know MDU has strong recruiting. Based on all the drama I’ve been hearing w other club’s older girls it’s def an option we are going to look into along w SW. Not sure if Heros and Mnd will be taking on new girls, but they are also strong programs

I always recommend doing some research / due diligence.

For example, if your daughter is interested Club XYZ have her reach out to the program (cc you on email) and ask if she can attend a practice for evaluation. Also watch one of their games to witness the coaching, parents, kids, etc.

It is fairly common for a kid to randomly show up for a practice or two, both parties will know quickly if its a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

For example, if your daughter is interested Club XYZ have her reach out to the program (cc you on email) and ask if she can attend a practice for evaluation. Also watch one of their games to witness the coaching, parents, kids, etc.

It is fairly common for a kid to randomly show up for a practice or two, both parties will know quickly if its a good fit.

Having done this already with my older one, clubs can say all they want about their benefits. It really boils down to the coach(es) of the team for your age group, the players, and the families. It is very rare that you find an organization that is consistent in every age group. And the fit is different for each player - my two are completely different and the right team for each of them is different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really this summer because remember not all club even have public tryouts for rising 9th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really this summer because remember not all club even have public tryouts for rising 9th graders.

Teams always take on extremely talented players. Good players might not move the needle enough to get coaches to make a move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This may be best advice one will ever get on this site, nobody should be going to a tryout without notifying the coach and also having seen them play and interact on off field.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Having done this already with my older one, clubs can say all they want about their benefits. It really boils down to the coach(es) of the team for your age group, the players, and the families. It is very rare that you find an organization that is consistent in every age group. And the fit is different for each player - my two are completely different and the right team for each of them is different.

Also look at the program holistically, the culture and their history of getting girls to next level.

There are top tier programs (M&D, Heroes, Skywalkers, etc) that almost every girl on A team (and B team) gets multiple offers. Yes, the SWB 27 team has some challenges but that seems to be changing and they will add talent in next two summers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams always take on extremely talented players. Good players might not move the needle enough to get coaches to make a move.

True, but these exceptions are usually only for players who will be top 5 on the roster. Hard for a mid-roster player to be added to any top team after 8th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious how many of you have actually been through the recruiting process and actually have girls playing in college that are making all of these comments. I can say first hand with a daughter in college, daughter going through it now and one soon to be that if your daughter is good she will be seen. It’s more important the club she plays for is the right fit for her and don’t chase the big names of clubs thinking that’s the only way to get the offer. I have seen many of my oldest daughters friends that played for M&D and SW that get the offers but aren’t playing anymore while oldest graduates this year after playing four years. If it’s not fun they just might burn out. Hopefully some of you have seen the Vandy girls article. Best of luck to you all and your daughters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have a link to the Vandy girls article?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have a link to the Vandy girls article?

https://www.thementalmatchup.com/st...19XqYnT8wq8H5hh15U_rSH0y2hXHsgDIzMJtPgGM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious how many of you have actually been through the recruiting process and actually have girls playing in college that are making all of these comments. I can say first hand with a daughter in college, daughter going through it now and one soon to be that if your daughter is good she will be seen. It’s more important the club she plays for is the right fit for her and don’t chase the big names of clubs thinking that’s the only way to get the offer. I have seen many of my oldest daughters friends that played for M&D and SW that get the offers but aren’t playing anymore while oldest graduates this year after playing four years. If it’s not fun they just might burn out. Hopefully some of you have seen the Vandy girls article. Best of luck to you all and your daughters.

This is spot on! Pick a club that is the right fit for you and your daughter, one she can have fun on, enjoys her teammates, maybe you even enjoy spending time with the other parents. I also have a college age daughter who played for a semi big name club and have seen many of her friends burn out, hated their D1 school but went just b/c it was D1, had to give up the sports for injuries/concussions, etc.

You don't know what will happen over the next 5 years, find a club she/you can enjoy the ride. if your kid is good, she will get seen regardless of what club she plays for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

You don't know what will happen over the next 5 years, find a club she/you can enjoy the ride. if your kid is good, she will get seen regardless of what club she plays for.

As someone else who has daughtets who have been through this, I agree with one important caveat.. Club doesn't matter assuming it is an A club in Maryland. Have a very talented niece in a non-lacrosse state (California) and club is much more important for her.

Thinking about my oldest daughter's club team, 12 girls went D-1 and 2 more had D-1 offers but chose D-3 schools because of better academic fit. Of those 14 girls, only 2 maybe 3 received offers based on their performance during club tournaments. The rest got offers from performances at prospect days or all-star teams.

Admittedly, some got invited to prosepct days because of their club, but they had to perform in front of the coach. The biggest advantage of being at a top club , especially in the new recruiting environment, is that you can get recruiting feedback via your club director before your junior year. This means you can target the right prospect days and showcases to market yourself.

If you are worried about recruiting now (and you shouldn't be) other than getting good grades, the focus should be finding a team where 1) your daughter will play and 2) you will face good competition on a regular basis and 3) your club plays in the top recruiting tournaments (L4TC, Chesapeake, LLL, G8, mid-atlantic) . Most important thing over the next few years is getting 5 good minutes of film before sophomore year as you start to get on coaches radar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is spot on! Pick a club that is the right fit for you and your daughter, one she can have fun on, enjoys her teammates, maybe you even enjoy spending time with the other parents. I also have a college age daughter who played for a semi big name club and have seen many of her friends burn out, hated their D1 school but went just b/c it was D1, had to give up the sports for injuries/concussions, etc.

I have 3 daughters, each of them are vastly different in multiple ways. (personality, drive, body types, on field skill sets, etc)

My oldest who is now in college played for a top 5-8 club team in middle school, she hated every minute of it. The coaches, the girls, everything and was ready to walk away from the sport in 9th grade. Note, she was a starter on this team so it wasn't a playing time thing.

She landed at a bottom tier A team who had some serious struggles but over the next 3 season had awesome coaching, picked up 5-7 girls from other "elite name" teams and finished her career on a top 25 team. They could hang with almost anyone, everyone got along (kids/parents) and had a wonderful experience. She had serious interest from Patriot league schools but wanted a big school experience and is now a Sophomore in college and having a blast. Truth is, unless the player really loves the sport playing in college isn't worth it for the amount of time/effort it takes to play, they own your butt for an 1/8th scholarship. Too many kids will sign somewhere just to make parents happy and eventually transfer after the first year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you to those that have the experience and are sharing the above comments. Glad to see my daughter can stay on a MidTier A team she loves and keep options available if she ends up wanting to play further than HS. Most parents are telling her she needs to jump to another team and I continue to tell her she’ll be fine. PT on a team she likes is better than possibly getting less PT on a team she may not enjoy as much. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s team by team….some clubs are ‘affiliated’ w high schools and emphasis on PT determined both on club team and at HS based on the other. Friends daughter doesn’t see the field in HS because she’s not on ‘right club team’ but gets good playing time at her upper level club. Wish there were rules to prevent this affiliation both there are not. Def affecting our choices for next year and clubs we will/won’t try out for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s team by team….some clubs are ‘affiliated’ w high schools and emphasis on PT determined both on club team and at HS based on the other. Friends daughter doesn’t see the field in HS because she’s not on ‘right club team’ but gets good playing time at her upper level club. Wish there were rules to prevent this affiliation both there are not. Def affecting our choices for next year and clubs we will/won’t try out for.

We are starting to look at high schools. Do you mind if I ask which HS this is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems destroyed Skywalkers today, wasn’t even close.

Skywalkers couldn’t defend, jogged behind cutters or left girls 1:1 with goalie. Also lots of dropped passes.

Not sure is nems is back or Skywalkers reverted to 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers couldn’t defend, jogged behind cutters or left girls 1:1 with goalie. Also lots of dropped passes.

NEMS is decent. But Skywalkers is not. Not very surprising. I have seen Skywalkers play a few times. Let's just say their defense is "generous"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are starting to look at high schools. Do you mind if I ask which HS this is?

Definitely true, especially at mid-level clubs.

The top clubs (M&D, Hero, SW) have girls at all the top privates, thought M&D skews a bit to McDonough and SW to Bryn Mawr and Maryvale.

Integrity is tied pretty close to Spalding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS is decent. But Skywalkers is not. Not very surprising. I have seen Skywalkers play a few times. Let's just say their defense is "generous"

My guess is they need to move some girls around on the roster and switch up some positions before summer.

Hopefully next summer some girls from other clubs show up and get them to next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not much action today but a few notable games.

Cavalier was a no show against Hero’s White, a forfeit.

CC Lax is improving, but still lost to M&D 13-4.

Integrity with a upset win over Pride Red 6-5.

Assuming all scores in Tourney are accurate. Happy Easter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is they need to move some girls around on the roster and switch up some positions before summer.

Hopefully next summer some girls from other clubs show up and get them to next level.

Skywalkers?
More like Groundcrawlers!
Amirite?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers?
More like Groundcrawlers!
Amirite?!

13 year old girls dude, don’t be that guy/gal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Integrity is a lot better than originally given credit for by some. NEMS turned it up this week big time against SW. Coppermine played well against TLC. LBC and BLC played a tight game. Then Hero’s and M&D are still the top two teams taking first in each Division. However the next two spots are up for grab between multiple teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC beat LBC 10-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC beat LBC 10-5.

That doesn't say whether it was tight or not. I've seen 10-5 games which were one goal games with 3 minutes to go and 10-5 games that were 8-1 at the half.

Page 37 of 112 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard