BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 73 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And email often! Very important they see her interest and they will have her on their list.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No bashing going on except for somebody trying to bully anyone saying that this event is anything less than awesome.
This site discusses pros and cons.
My opinion ,..Not a must attend event during a recruiting year and with all the other UA initiation events going on…
must be a dozen of them and most are a very expensive weekend. If you have the $$ and want to play some lax with your friends then go for it.

Freedom of Speech is Alive an Well.

Best post this week!!!
Keep it real

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ had American Select tryouts yesterday. Comments from any that watched?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No idea but the Rosters are out for Upstate NY. 17 out of 22 in the 2024 and 20 out of 22 in the 2025 from Monster. Wonder who is the affiliate club. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see most of the girls are from 2024 Monsters, that team is top 3 in the country. Salt City is a good club with some girls. Lake Effect has a great player, did she try-out? I guess the fix is in again, ugghhh. The best players have gone to the best clubs because they want to be seen at the best tournaments, it's that simple. People complain about all-star teams being mostly 1 or 2 clubs. They fail to look under the club name to see the girls are from all different high schools in that region. Typically girls come from all over the region to find the best competition at the top clubs. That American Select 2024 teams is made up of girls from 15 different high schools, sounds like a team made up from the entire region to me.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like the teams were made last year. Not going to dispute that they are solid teams of talented players, but they could easily fill another team of equal talent. What spots are really open for the other 100 girls trying out? The team coaches will insist on bringing maybe one of their players on. What does that leave? Maybe a goalie spot? Feels like the rosters are established. They could easily do fill two teams for New Jersey, but if a player didn't join during the inaugural year I don't see how they get a spot unless their club coach is one of the coaches selected to coach the team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see most of the girls are from 2024 Monsters, that team is top 3 in the country. Salt City is a good club with some girls. Lake Effect has a great player, did she try-out? I guess the fix is in again, ugghhh. The best players have gone to the best clubs because they want to be seen at the best tournaments, it's that simple. People complain about all-star teams being mostly 1 or 2 clubs. They fail to look under the club name to see the girls are from all different high schools in that region. Typically girls come from all over the region to find the best competition at the top clubs. That American Select 2024 teams is made up of girls from 15 different high schools, sounds like a team made up from the entire region to me.

Yeah, the 2024 is 3rd but the 2025 team is Ranked 11th. 20 kids minus a goalie and 1 field player are from Monster. I find it hard to believe there wasn't more kids there from other teams. Will be interesting to see Steps and Primetime's Roster. I mean NJ and Downstate. =)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No big deal So AS is YJ vs Primetime vs Monster vs Grizzlies vs M&D/Heroes etc etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No big deal So AS is YJ vs Primetime vs Monster vs Grizzlies vs M&D/Heroes etc etc.

Does that mean AS seems to be attracting the top talent over the UA all American event? Has winds shifted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not necessarily, it just a way for the directors of these specific clubs to get the maximum exposure for their own players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does that mean AS seems to be attracting the top talent over the UA all American event? Has winds shifted?

No. That means it's the same as UA where whoever is doing the evaluating is taking their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just don't understand how the winds would be shifting when it's close to 10X the price that UA is, I just can't imagine spending that much for the same exact thing as UA AND all the same colleges attended both showcases. Still less people try out year after year because of politics of club affiliation, when AS has shown in their first two years that they are no better if not worse than UA?? I wonder how much STEPS and Top of the Bay are paying these top tier clubs to bring their girls to the tryouts instead of UA. Just seems a little slimy to me on AS part, especially when the purposefully have their main event the same weekend as UA, why cant they girls just play in both??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just don't understand how the winds would be shifting when it's close to 10X the price that UA is, I just can't imagine spending that much for the same exact thing as UA AND all the same colleges attended both showcases. Still less people try out year after year because of politics of club affiliation, when AS has shown in their first two years that they are no better if not worse than UA?? I wonder how much STEPS and Top of the Bay are paying these top tier clubs to bring their girls to the tryouts instead of UA. Just seems a little slimy to me on AS part, especially when the purposefully have their main event the same weekend as UA, why cant they girls just play in both??

It is laughable that they said they needed AS to get away from the favoritism clubs shown towards their players. My kid made the team, but it is certainly nepotism towards the bottom end of the roster.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The American Select vs Under Armour debate is completely different depending what year your daughter is.

2024 is a no brainer to go American Select to be with the top talent if your are willing to spend the money. Cost as much as a stay away camp with far better exposure. All the coaches are there to look at 2024 recruits for their team because all the teams are 2024's. The practices and games are top notch for 2024's this year. Just look at the American Select rosters posted so far, no debate they are 90% of the top girls in those regions if you are not pushing an agenda.

Under Armour will have a lot of the top 2023's, but each highlight team will only have 1-3 2024's that have to outshine 2023's to make the team. The rosters will be full of committed 2023's that don't need to worry about recruiting anymore. Pay the $150 tryout fee and get the cool swag! Coaches are there to look at their committed recruits, great if any 2024's can make an impression!

This will be the tournament of choice for many of the top 2024's next year that don't need to worry about recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe, if they are already committed, then can take the weekend off and go to the beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. What’s the end game at this point? If already committed, why risk it? Now to the 23’s who have yet to commit, by all means should tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The American Select vs Under Armour debate is completely different depending what year your daughter is.

2024 is a no brainer to go American Select to be with the top talent if your are willing to spend the money. Cost as much as a stay away camp with far better exposure. All the coaches are there to look at 2024 recruits for their team because all the teams are 2024's. The practices and games are top notch for 2024's this year. Just look at the American Select rosters posted so far, no debate they are 90% of the top girls in those regions if you are not pushing an agenda.

Under Armour will have a lot of the top 2023's, but each highlight team will only have 1-3 2024's that have to outshine 2023's to make the team. The rosters will be full of committed 2023's that don't need to worry about recruiting anymore. Pay the $150 tryout fee and get the cool swag! Coaches are there to look at their committed recruits, great if any 2024's can make an impression!

This will be the tournament of choice for many of the top 2024's next year that don't need to worry about recruiting.

I noticed that all the top Connecticut ‘23s are doing AS, not UA (roster out). Money not an concern for them, and it’s a better event. They are already committed to great schools, so I guess it’s just for fun playing great competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I noticed that all the top Connecticut ‘23s are doing AS, not UA (roster out). Money not an concern for them, and it’s a better event. They are already committed to great schools, so I guess it’s just for fun playing great competition.

What makes AS better than UA though? They are essentially the same event, same exposure, same set up. Maybe I'm missing something but the biggest difference between the two is you somehow get less swag for AS when you pay more than triple the price. The best part about AS is that it is spilt up by grad year, so it makes sense that the 2024's tryout for AS when they have a way better shot at making it. I just don't get how an event exactly modeled after UA is so much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes AS better than UA though? They are essentially the same event, same exposure, same set up. Maybe I'm missing something but the biggest difference between the two is you somehow get less swag for AS when you pay more than triple the price. The best part about AS is that it is spilt up by grad year, so it makes sense that the 2024's tryout for AS when they have a way better shot at making it. I just don't get how an event exactly modeled after UA is so much better.

I wouldn't think one is better than the other. Its just the coaches who are most likely getting paid sending there kids to one or the other. Whichever one they are affiliated with. If you look at the Florida and California roster, there are kids from multiple teams there, unlike our neck of the woods. CT and LI and Upstate are basically taking their entire teams. And yes, I know your response. Those teams have the best players. Right. The 17th kid taken from YJ is better than the 2nd best kid on Top Guns and Jesters. Right. Nothing to do with the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't think one is better than the other. Its just the coaches who are most likely getting paid sending there kids to one or the other. Whichever one they are affiliated with. If you look at the Florida and California roster, there are kids from multiple teams there, unlike our neck of the woods. CT and LI and Upstate are basically taking their entire teams. And yes, I know your response. Those teams have the best players. Right. The 17th kid taken from YJ is better than the 2nd best kid on Top Guns and Jesters. Right. Nothing to do with the coach.

Wasn’t impressed with AS last year. Plenty of recruiting all summer and no need to play $700 this year. Some areas didn’t have 22 teams and my feeling is some will struggle with 23 group that is committed. Other than Conny , best 23 will be at UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn’t impressed with AS last year. Plenty of recruiting all summer and no need to play $700 this year. Some areas didn’t have 22 teams and my feeling is some will struggle with 23 group that is committed. Other than Conny , best 23 will be at UA.

I would agree the 23's But the 24's and 25s I'm not so sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree the 23's But the 24's and 25s I'm not so sure.

It’s clear if you know who the girls are , the top 24s are on the AS rosters already. They will be at AS and I see plenty of the top 25s in our area also on the AS roster !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do they post the UA 150 rosters ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would like to know myself. We committed (paid for it) to it but I think this year may have been a mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would like to know myself. We committed (paid for it) to it but I think this year may have been a mistake.

Not until the end of the spring.
They are still doing the waves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will post all the teams rosters on their site at some point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 17th best YJ girl is not better than the 2nd best Jester girl sounds valid if you have never assembled a lacrosse roster. A typical American Select roster is 2 goalies, 6 defense, 9 middies and 5 attack. Most all club teams top 4-5 players are always middies. So the top few Jester girls are competing for 9 spots with the 30 top middies on the 3 YJ teams, not the worst few girls on the YJ roster. Are they good enough, depends on the talent. The same is true for the other positions. The historically top clubs are often very deep with talent on multiple teams. Example, the M&D red (B) team had a 2024 make the U16 national team! There are great players all over, the team are looking for the top talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 17th best YJ girl is not better than the 2nd best Jester girl sounds valid if you have never assembled a lacrosse roster. A typical American Select roster is 2 goalies, 6 defense, 9 middies and 5 attack. Most all club teams top 4-5 players are always middies. So the top few Jester girls are competing for 9 spots with the 30 top middies on the 3 YJ teams, not the worst few girls on the YJ roster. Are they good enough, depends on the talent. The same is true for the other positions. The historically top clubs are often very deep with talent on multiple teams. Example, the M&D red (B) team had a 2024 make the U16 national team! There are great players all over, the team are looking for the top talent.

What a bunch of BS. The roster for the 2024 top team has 23 players 17 Yellow Jackets and 6 Legacy, this is the most political selection process ever. Also, Stop with "30" top middies from YJ, maybe they have 3 or 4 top tier middies (if that). You are correct about one thing though, there are great players everywhere, not just on the two clubs that the team was selected from.

Your statement "The historically top clubs are often very deep with talent on multiple teams." is laughable, it is rare for a good player to not make the clubs top team. We will all see come September who the top talent is, the college coaches from the top college programs will tell us who the top players are. There will not be 23 players from AS 2024 roster heading to Top College Programs, probably less than half will see an offer from a Top college program. Several parents are going to be in for a bit of a surprise when the the recruiting process starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ C may have diamond in the rough, but deep with talent is a stretch in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional.

Yes, they are delusional. AS biggest money / control / power grab to date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional.

That could be? However, 2024s, for the most part and recruiting purposes are the ones being looked at this summer by the top LAX schools. I think They know the best 24 talent will be at AS this year and will head there for recruiting? With that said, how many girls are actually getting recruited by top schools? That’s where the delusion comes in.

There is plenty of great opportunity out there for all the girls. Just don’t get stunk in to the big hyped up stuff. Focus in strategically on the smaller individualized stuff. Try to be realistic about your daughters level of play and where she will be happy. The top 10 LAX schools are not the be all, end all. There are 500+ Colleges that offer women’s lacrosse!!! More importantly, Go for the Academics and atmosphere! Hopefully playing lacrosse has opened many doors! Good luck to all the girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional.

That could be? However, 2024s, for the most part and recruiting purposes are the ones being looked at this summer by the top LAX schools. I think They know the best 24 talent will be at AS this year and will head there for recruiting? With that said, how many girls are actually getting recruited by top schools? That’s where the delusion comes in.

There is plenty of great opportunity out there for all the girls. Just don’t get stunk in to the big hyped up stuff. Focus in strategically on the smaller individualized stuff. Try to be realistic about your daughters level of play and where she will be happy. The top 10 LAX schools are not the be all, end all. There are 500+ Colleges that offer women’s lacrosse!!! More importantly, Go for the Academics and atmosphere! Hopefully playing lacrosse has opened many doors! Good luck to all the girls!

Best 24 talents at AS? maybe yes, maybe no. Every 24 i know who made AS will also be attending UA tryouts and dont think anyone would turn down a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional.

We are not talking about girls looking to go to one of 500+ schools, we are talking about the chest pounders who believe that the political appointments to the 2024 AS roster are actually the best 2024 players on the Island. For many of these parents the "top lax schools" is the "be all end all". As for the academics, of course that is what most people prioritize, it just so happens that the majority of the best lacrosse programs are at schools with excellent academics, it's possible to have great academics, athletics and a great college experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see one thing come out of this American Select vs Under Armour debate. Under Armour have 4 teams according to graduating year just like American Select, instead of only 2. I would prefer for both of the main event weekend to still be the same weekend. This would allows 8 teams of girls to play more lacrosse and been seen by more coaches. If they were on different weekend, too many to the same girls would be at both events. There is enough exposure to go around and lets continue to see the sport grow. I am sure Under Armour takes a loss for the entire event, but it would be great to see the price fall closer to the UA amount.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see one thing come out of this American Select vs Under Armour debate. Under Armour have 4 teams according to graduating year just like American Select, instead of only 2. I would prefer for both of the main event weekend to still be the same weekend. This would allows 8 teams of girls to play more lacrosse and been seen by more coaches. If they were on different weekend, too many to the same girls would be at both events. There is enough exposure to go around and lets continue to see the sport grow. I am sure Under Armour takes a loss for the entire event, but it would be great to see the price fall closer to the UA amount.

UA already has the Spotlight event for those that made callbacks but didn't make the team.

Will elevating those spotlight teams to a higher level really accomplish anything? I don't know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👍

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👍
There shouldn't be a debate. If you're on here trying to prove you should do it, then you're questioning your decision. If you're on here trying to prove you shouldn't do it then you're questioning your decision. You've all decided one way or the other already it's done. MOVE ON ALREADY!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👍

Are you saying that you want 200 girls from long Island (class of 2024) to go play at a tournament that is billed as a "select tournament"? Why not just go to tournaments with your club team? Why pay additional money to go to just another tournament? Two teams at a given age group is one too many for the event to be considered "select" but I will concede that having only one team would leave a handful of legit players out.

Just curious, do you propose an A, B, C, D format or do you want the talent spread evenly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👍

Are you saying that you want 200 girls from long Island (class of 2024) to go play at a tournament that is billed as a "select tournament"? Why not just go to tournaments with your club team? Why pay additional money to go to just another tournament? Two teams at a given age group is one too many for the event to be considered "select" but I will concede that having only one team would leave a handful of legit players out.

Just curious, do you propose an A, B, C, D format or do you want the talent spread evenly?

I read the above as he would like to see Under Armour have 4 separate teams not a 2023,2024 team and a 2025, 2026 team. I think that would be a good idea. Sure, that probably would saturate the field with LI players, but I don't believe there should be 3 LI teams for AS either. Should be one top team. (Good luck with that)

Not sure to why I/she did it but my daughter made UA 150 and AS. She probably should have tried for the Free UA tourney, but I'm not struggling to keep a roof over our head. This is what she wanted to do, so fortunately I am able to provide that for her. Not sure which one is better for recruiting, but if your kid can play, that should take care of itself. All my kid cares about is playing, and playing against high level players. I think whatever tourney you go to UA or AS, there will be good players there.

Page 60 of 73 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard