BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 112 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guess that private school spring break will impact certain teams more than others.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This first week is fast approaching but not a ton of great match ups. The two most interesting to me will be NEMS vs MDU and Hero’s White vs Coppermine. M&D, BLC and Pride shouldn’t be that close. NEMS vs MDU is the most interesting game as both are possible playoff contenders and we will see which Division gets the edge in week one. Hero’s White and Coppermine is interesting as we’ll see if Hero’s will compete for the 3rd playoff spot and if Coppermine is as soft as people say or will they be better than given credit for. SW vs TLC will see who battles harder to stay out of the bottom of their Division.

There’s a big soccer tournament, Jefferson Cup, the same weekend as NGLL opening weekend. Some girls will be torn about what to do. Wonder if that will impact some of the more soccer heavy teams (Coppermine, NEMS)

My DD has friends on both teams. She knows at least two on NEMS that may be at Jefferson Cup and two from Coppermine. She heard Coppermine is missing even for due to Private School Spring Break and vacation.

It’s lacrosse season, why would a player miss an NGLL game for soccer? Coach needs to tell those kids to move on. Same for missing soccer in fall for lax, shouldn’t happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This first week is fast approaching but not a ton of great match ups. The two most interesting to me will be NEMS vs MDU and Hero’s White vs Coppermine. M&D, BLC and Pride shouldn’t be that close. NEMS vs MDU is the most interesting game as both are possible playoff contenders and we will see which Division gets the edge in week one. Hero’s White and Coppermine is interesting as we’ll see if Hero’s will compete for the 3rd playoff spot and if Coppermine is as soft as people say or will they be better than given credit for. SW vs TLC will see who battles harder to stay out of the bottom of their Division.

There’s a big soccer tournament, Jefferson Cup, the same weekend as NGLL opening weekend. Some girls will be torn about what to do. Wonder if that will impact some of the more soccer heavy teams (Coppermine, NEMS)

My DD has friends on both teams. She knows at least two on NEMS that may be at Jefferson Cup and two from Coppermine. She heard Coppermine is missing even for due to Private School Spring Break and vacation.

It’s lacrosse season, why would a player miss an NGLL game for soccer? Coach needs to tell those kids to move on. Same for missing soccer in fall for lax, shouldn’t happen.

It's a shame. Since anyone playing at the DA or ECNL level was forced to choose within the last year or two. (I understand Coppermine may not take a hard line since they want kids paying fees in two sports), but anyone else should give up spot to someone who wants it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are kids.

And on the soccer side, these teams have ECNL players on them. These teams aren’t gonna tell their best athletes to “move on.” Neither would any IAAM team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, we did club soccer through 6th grade, but had to move on. Soccer coaches detest lacrosse, imo and it became where any lax players were automatically moved to soccer B team at our former club.

I guess you gotta look, is your kid more likely to play soccer or lacrosse in college and go from there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are kids.

And on the soccer side, these teams have ECNL players on them. These teams aren’t gonna tell their best athletes to “move on.” Neither would any IAAM team.

If they missed IAAM games, they certainly would.

Again, its spring, why does soccer take priority in the spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep, we did club soccer through 6th grade, but had to move on. Soccer coaches detest lacrosse, imo and it became where any lax players were automatically moved to soccer B team at our former club.

I guess you gotta look, is your kid more likely to play soccer or lacrosse in college and go from there.

They can play both or pick the one they enjoy the most. Not everyone plays to get a college scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent with a daughter missing her first NGLL game for Jefferson cup, JC is the one of the biggest soccer tournaments of the year and largest on the East coast. If you miss this tournament for lacrosse, you might as well quit soccer. That said, with the exception of my daughter missing another game for Spring Break, she is choosing lacrosse the rest of the season.

Speaking of Spring Break, our team will be missing multiple girls depending on the week up through the middle of April. Between public, private, etc. many schools have different Spring Break weeks. We should have enough to field a team, just not many if any subs. It is what it is. Not choosing NGLL over Spring Break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are kids.

There are 3 ECNL teams in Maryland --- Pipeline, Bethesda and Maryland United.

I can guarantee you that any 08 in Bethesda and Maryland United who is on their academy team isn't playing any other sports. (This is a league rule, not a club rule) If the club found out, they would be dropped immediately. If girls are playing at these clubs, they aren't on the top team. Don't know anyone who plays on pipeline, but i would be shocked if the club broke the world and allowed it.

For the poster who said "they are kid", when you committ to an academy team, you sign an 7 or 8 page contract. From a sports perspective, you arent a kid anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they are kids.

I could be wrong, but I think this tournament is a big deal in the soccer world. It would be like missing something like Lax for the Cure in lacrosse. Probably not an exact comparison, but you get the point. I assume if the conflict were just a regular spring soccer game, most would chose lax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can play both or pick the one they enjoy the most. Not everyone plays to get a college scholarship.

Is it possible to play both Club Soccer and Club Lacrosse in High School? I assume its not. There's plenty of lower level club teams that play year round which allows you to do both sports but doesn't chose you to play one during the other sport's "in season" period.

NEMS Coppermine will be fine playing without a few kids anyways because of the watered down division they are in. Only Hero's White is a threat to grab that third playoff seed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]This first week is fast approaching but not a ton of great match ups. The two most interesting to me will be NEMS vs MDU and Hero’s White vs Coppermine. M&D, BLC and Pride shouldn’t be that close. NEMS vs MDU is the most interesting game as both are possible playoff contenders and we will see which Division gets the edge in week one. Hero’s White and Coppermine is interesting as we’ll see if Hero’s will compete for the 3rd playoff spot and if Coppermine is as soft as people say or will they be better than given credit for. SW vs TLC will see who battles harder to stay out of the bottom of their Division.

Because they are kids.

I could be wrong, but I think this tournament is a big deal in the soccer world. It would be like missing something like Lax for the Cure in lacrosse. Probably not an exact comparison, but you get the point. I assume if the conflict were just a regular spring soccer game, most would chose lax.

Soccer "always" has big tournaments, Aug, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Nov "Raleigh Cup", March "Jefferson Cup", Memorial Day, never ends really...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it possible to play both Club Soccer and Club Lacrosse in High School? I assume its not. There's plenty of lower level club teams that play year round which allows you to do both sports but doesn't chose you to play one during the other sport's "in season" period.

NEMS Coppermine will be fine playing without a few kids anyways because of the watered down division they are in. Only Hero's White is a threat to grab that third playoff seed.

To be clear, its not possible to play club soccer and high school soccer for any DA/ECNL level club, forget about lacrose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS maybe. Coppermine....not so much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Julia Dorsey at UNC played for Bethesda Soccer Club and Skywalkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May I ask what “league rule” this is? And yes Julia Dorsey did play for both those clubs through high school and plays both sports at unc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May I ask what “league rule” this is? And yes Julia Dorsey did play for both those clubs through high school and plays both sports at unc.

Its a rule for the DA Clubs at the academy level, which came from US Soccer. Per their contract, they can't play other sports and can't play for high school soccer team. This is the reason many soccer girls quit club the day after they commit so they can play for their school senior year (and junior year for states where girls soccer is a spring sport.). To be clear, there are some girls who violate these rules. However,per their contract, clubs have the right to drop them for violation of it.

These rules and the entire academy system's rules have changed since Dorsey committed to UNC.

There are exceptions out there. Maddie Dahlien a UNC soccer commit with olympic level track speed is another, but they are all approved by the league/US Soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the travel soccer coach is not a donk, you can float the idea that you may miss the occasional game and practice in favor of lacrosse. Probably can’t miss tournaments though. It may help the cause if your daughter is not a starter. Then the soccer team is collecting money and not having to worry about losing a key player.

Still probably easier to drop down to the B team and have more leverage/flexibility. The soccer is worse, but much easier to miss things without retaliation or guilt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Per experience, this is not ecnl rules and my kid never signed a “contract”. Girls play high school soccer, a truncated fall club season in high school basically starting in November and club schedule on the spring. Currently, not sure what “DA” is since there is now GA which is girls academy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To each their own on what they do and choice over another. I would just hope each was upfront with their teams / coaches on which takes priority so teams can make proper decisions when making offers to the girls. After all both soccer and lacrosse are team sports which players are committing to the teams and teammates. I personally am not a fan of people stating they are one sport in the Fall and another in the Spring then changing course at certain times that best suit their personal gains while possibly being detrimental other teammates. If you are upfront and honest on where your commitment stands then teams can expect when you will be out for games and either decide to live with it or make someone else the offer for that spot. I would not want my own decisions to harm another team where kids put so much time into being successful. After all even one loss could be the difference of girl getting to experience playoffs or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last I looked, this was a lacrosse forum. Take soccer elsewhere.

How did the St James play day go today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are simply discussing girls missing lacrosse for soccer. People have varying opinions on it. So very much lacrosse related and will impact several teams next weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who and what was happening at St. James?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious how Skywalkers did v BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Skywalkers lost by 10 to BLC - 13-3.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Lost by 9 or 10.

10+ unforced turnovers, mostly on blown clears, can't give it back to a good team that many times.

BLC is very good, backdoor cuts all day and wide open too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’d be shock if it was anything less than BLC dominating the entire game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

Lost by 9 or 10.

10+ unforced turnovers, mostly on blown clears, can't give it back to a good team that many times.

Still amazed at how the 27 team/s are so different than other years. BLC is practically non existent after the 27 year and the reverse is true for Skywalkers. Did BLC play anyone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost by 9 or 10.

Still amazed at how the 27 team/s are so different than other years. BLC is practically non existent after the 27 year and the reverse is true for Skywalkers. Did BLC play anyone else?

They were supposed to play Renegades as well. Not sure of the result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of people speaking of BLC demise over the last few months.

I have seen them a few times now over the fall and winter. They are right there with M&D and Hero's

6 days until NGLL starts. Here is the finishing order. Take it to the bank.

M&D
Nems
Hero's White

Hero's
BLC
LBC

PRIDE will be odd team out. Although if they were in M&D Division they would be #2.

Good luck to everyone this upcoming weekend. I know a few teams have kids on spring break. Everyone be safe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost by 9 or 10.

I assume Renegades won

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW lost to Renegades

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of people speaking of BLC demise over the last few months.

I have seen them a few times now over the fall and winter. They are right there with M&D and Hero's

6 days until NGLL starts. Here is the finishing order. Take it to the bank.

M&D
Nems
Hero's White

Hero's
BLC
LBC

PRIDE will be odd team out. Although if they were in M&D Division they would be #2.

Good luck to everyone this upcoming weekend. I know a few teams have kids on spring break. Everyone be safe.

I don't think they are "right there" with M&D, though I can see them being the clear 3rd best team in 2027 mid-Atlantic. They won a lot of one or two goal games, the margin for error is not there.

Bold prediction putting Hero's White over Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW lost to Renegades

Looks like Renegades should do well in 27 and 28 this spring in NGLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 1 2022 (2027)

Pride Red 27 vs Cavalier 27
Pride – 8
I think Cavs are a solid team, the best of the “new teams” added to the A division. That being said, Pride should handle them. Both teams out of North. VA so this could be an intense game.

Integrity Green 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC – 10
Tough matchup for Integrity in Game 1. Not certain if soccer conflicts will change this game, but BLC is a very good team that uses ball control but is capable of scoring in bunches.

TLC Red 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Skywalkers -3
From a competition standpoint, this may be one of the better games of the season. I saw TLC a few times in fall and they look a way off from competing but have a few nice players. Skywalkers needs to show more than the 0-8 team of 2021. I think they do here.

M&D Black 27 vs CCLax 27
M&D Black – 17
Both teams won NGLL Championships in 2021, that’s where the similarities end. There’s a few CCLax players that are going to make some plays and get them on the scoreboard but it’s a huge difference in team speed and mentality here. Absurd this is the first of two meetings overt the next few weeks between these teams.

Hero's White 27 vs Coppermine 27
Coppermine -4
Call me old fashioned, but I think Coppermine is still a solid team. Two years ago, this would be a double-digit victory, and although that won’t be the case now, there’s still a gap. I’m not convinced White got better in the last year.

NEMS 27 vs MD United 27
MD United – 3
This game means more to MDU, who won’t see very many “easy” games unlike NEMS. Both these teams are evenly matched. Not sure how much “soccer” will change this game, but I’m giving nod to MDU in this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 1 2022 (2027)

Pride Red 27 vs Cavalier 27
Pride – 8
I think Cavs are a solid team, the best of the “new teams” added to the A division. That being said, Pride should handle them. Both teams out of North. VA so this could be an intense game.

Integrity Green 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC – 10
Tough matchup for Integrity in Game 1. Not certain if soccer conflicts will change this game, but BLC is a very good team that uses ball control but is capable of scoring in bunches.

TLC Red 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Skywalkers -3
From a competition standpoint, this may be one of the better games of the season. I saw TLC a few times in fall and they look a way off from competing but have a few nice players. Skywalkers needs to show more than the 0-8 team of 2021. I think they do here.

M&D Black 27 vs CCLax 27
M&D Black – 17
Both teams won NGLL Championships in 2021, that’s where the similarities end. There’s a few CCLax players that are going to make some plays and get them on the scoreboard but it’s a huge difference in team speed and mentality here. Absurd this is the first of two meetings overt the next few weeks between these teams.

Hero's White 27 vs Coppermine 27
Coppermine -4
Call me old fashioned, but I think Coppermine is still a solid team. Two years ago, this would be a double-digit victory, and although that won’t be the case now, there’s still a gap. I’m not convinced White got better in the last year.

NEMS 27 vs MD United 27
MD United – 3
This game means more to MDU, who won’t see very many “easy” games unlike NEMS. Both these teams are evenly matched. Not sure how much “soccer” will change this game, but I’m giving nod to MDU in this.

how much can I bet on CCLax +17? 12 or 13 is probably a better item. Can't image M&D starters playing much in the 2nd half and there is probably very little gap between CCLax and M&D backups.

Think the rest of the lines are pretty good, though I'd probably put MDU up by close to 5 or 6.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost by 9 or 10.

I assume Renegades won

I saw the 2nd half. BLC won by plenty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lines look solid as always. I'll take a stab at my week 1 "Super lock parlay":

Pride -8 (Still a big gap between Cavaliers and the better A teams)

BLC -10 (BLC likes to run it up)

The MDU / NEMS game will be interesting but I like MDU by a few too. Don't think NEMS is as good as some think. Good luck to all teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take a 2 team parlay. CC Lax +17 and Hero's White +4

Coppermine needs to show me something. And I heard M&D is missing 4 or 5.

Straight cash homey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC beat both Skywalkers and Renegades easily Sunday (both by 10 or so). But, having seen both games I though Renegades is clearly stronger than Skywalkers. I'm not sure their lacrosse skills are better, but the Renegades girls are bigger, faster and more physical than Skywalkers. Curious why they are still in the B Division while Skywalkers is in A. Assume it's because Skywalkers is historically A.

Page 31 of 112 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard