BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 73 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your the same poster over and over , we get it ! You had a falling out with the club. Move on ! Seriously, nobody cares about you and 91. Hopefully your daughter is in a better situation now.
Lots of JV and B kids added to the LILJ watch list three weeks after it was published. I guess mommy and Daddy were upset and fired off a angry email to LILJ. What exactly are we watching if your on JV ?

No one is watching those kids. If those parents think that their kids are top talent they will be very upset come junior year. Seems like we are back to everyone gets a trophy

Enough with the list! The only ones that matter are the ones the college coaches are making from what they actually see. That’s the only list that matter. Train, work hard, do the leg work of getting the coaches to take notice by contacting them and sending highlights. Target showcases they will be at and their prospect camps. Then, hopefully, you make it on to their watchlist and they actually come watch you play this summer. The coaches will be out there watching all Summer. Even if they didn’t come to watch you, they will take notice if you are a good player. Forget the local list and local politics. Stay focused on the big picture.

Best post yet!! ^

These lists DO matter. If we are using these showcase teams, lists, and more for colleges to help determine top players and to determine where our kid lands we don’t want it “watered down” as another poster said. It does my kid no good when a few weeks after a watchlist goes out 15 kids are added some of whom got CUT from JV. With these events becoming weaker , adding 3 teams to an “elite” event, it just becomes unfair to the girls who are stronger players and deserve the looks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year at UA the head coaches were there all days. The asst coaches were at AS. On the sideline of my daughter’s 22/23 games were: Amanda O’Leary, Julie Myers, Kayla Treanor, acacia Walker, Shelly Bawcolmb, Carolina Phil Barnes, Cathy Reese, Tim Mcarthy, Erica Bamford and I can keep going. It was star studded if that’s what you’re into. Say what you want about the future of UA. But it’s still tried and true. And it’s free. And it’s exclusive to 1 team only. Open your eyes.

That was exactly my point earlier. They were all there, UA isn't dying anytime soon.

Maybe for the older division last year, not for the younger division. That’s because the older girls who were already cemented in the UA teams from earlier years of playing. Tides are turning towards the AS event now. UNC coach daughter and some top M&D players I see are on AS rosters already. Talking about recruiting age this year. What event will attract the top college coaches? UA or AS?

She's a 2024--we all know it's going to be harder for a 2024 to make the UA team, as the 2023 players will generally be better. She just made the safe move, that's all. I'd bet money she will go for UA next year.
The NC coaches kid who plays for M&D Black 2024 went to American Select last Year. Last year would have been much easier for a 2024 to make UA since the team was 24/25. So you have your facts mixed up. AS will have way more of the top talent again this year as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year at UA the head coaches were there all days. The asst coaches were at AS. On the sideline of my daughter’s 22/23 games were: Amanda O’Leary, Julie Myers, Kayla Treanor, acacia Walker, Shelly Bawcolmb, Carolina Phil Barnes, Cathy Reese, Tim Mcarthy, Erica Bamford and I can keep going. It was star studded if that’s what you’re into. Say what you want about the future of UA. But it’s still tried and true. And it’s free. And it’s exclusive to 1 team only. Open your eyes.

That was exactly my point earlier. They were all there, UA isn't dying anytime soon.

Maybe for the older division last year, not for the younger division. That’s because the older girls who were already cemented in the UA teams from earlier years of playing. Tides are turning towards the AS event now. UNC coach daughter and some top M&D players I see are on AS rosters already. Talking about recruiting age this year. What event will attract the top college coaches? UA or AS?

She's a 2024--we all know it's going to be harder for a 2024 to make the UA team, as the 2023 players will generally be better. She just made the safe move, that's all. I'd bet money she will go for UA next year.
The NC coaches kid who plays for M&D Black 2024 went to American Select last Year. Last year would have been much easier for a 2024 to make UA since the team was 24/25. So you have your facts mixed up. AS will have way more of the top talent again this year as well.
Plus all the top 24's from Long Island were at American Select last year and will be attending again this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your the same poster over and over , we get it ! You had a falling out with the club. Move on ! Seriously, nobody cares about you and 91. Hopefully your daughter is in a better situation now.
Lots of JV and B kids added to the LILJ watch list three weeks after it was published. I guess mommy and Daddy were upset and fired off a angry email to LILJ. What exactly are we watching if your on JV ?

No one is watching those kids. If those parents think that their kids are top talent they will be very upset come junior year. Seems like we are back to everyone gets a trophy

Enough with the list! The only ones that matter are the ones the college coaches are making from what they actually see. That’s the only list that matter. Train, work hard, do the leg work of getting the coaches to take notice by contacting them and sending highlights. Target showcases they will be at and their prospect camps. Then, hopefully, you make it on to their watchlist and they actually come watch you play this summer. The coaches will be out there watching all Summer. Even if they didn’t come to watch you, they will take notice if you are a good player. Forget the local list and local politics. Stay focused on the big picture.

Best post yet!! ^

These lists DO matter. If we are using these showcase teams, lists, and more for colleges to help determine top players and to determine where our kid lands we don’t want it “watered down” as another poster said. It does my kid no good when a few weeks after a watchlist goes out 15 kids are added some of whom got CUT from JV. With these events becoming weaker , adding 3 teams to an “elite” event, it just becomes unfair to the girls who are stronger players and deserve the looks

Relax. If your kid is as good as you think she is then more competition shouldn't bother you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post yet!! ^

Relax. If your kid is as good as you think she is then more competition shouldn't bother you.

It isn’t good competition though. Why spend the money for weak competition?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ex team manager? , ex Coach?? , ex secretary? ex parent? Or Ex recruiter?
Or maybe all of the above?
What ever you are.. please move on. We will all say a prayer but you but you have to move on. It’s only youth sports, it’s not the end of the world! Or maybe it is?
On second thought….
I know a good therapist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The list is a joke now. Kids being added three weeks after the list came out. Majority of those kids played JV and can’t crack the starting lineup on the club team. Mommy and daddy always get their way. Fortunately colleges know who can play, these other kids are just making fools of themselves and of their parents. It’s a slap in the face to the deserving kids, they know who’s legit and who are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The list is a joke now. Kids being added three weeks after the list came out. Majority of those kids played JV and can’t crack the starting lineup on the club team. Mommy and daddy always get their way. Fortunately colleges know who can play, these other kids are just making fools of themselves and of their parents. It’s a slap in the face to the deserving kids, they know who’s legit and who are not.

Nobody cares about the fake news “list”. Season starts next week. We will soon see who is on the real list. People need to calm down about thinks that mean nothing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, whoever the disgruntled ex 91 person is , please move on. Nobody wants to hear it. Better topics to discuss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not sure the NC coaches kid is a good gauge, I would think she’s comped to attend since her mother is also getting paid to attend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not sure the NC coaches kid is a good gauge, I would think she’s comped to attend since her mother is also getting paid to attend.

How is her mother getting paid to attend? Do college coaches get paid to come to a recruiting showcase? I think they are there recruiting, not getting paid!? How do you know she’s getting paid? Do they get paid to attend UA as well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, whoever the disgruntled ex 91 person is , please move on. Nobody wants to hear it. Better topics to discuss.

Just want to mention there are ex bandits parents (now 91) who openly share their displeasure with that association on sidelines. So don’t be so sold on it being a scorned 91 parent all the time. There are a few bandits parents who really don’t have great intentions for their old coaches who are now 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus all the top 24's from Long Island were at American Select last year and will be attending again this year.

Both can be good. The 23 age group will be weak as they play ua to get to senior all star game. Lots of top teams kids in Maryland skipping as because of the $700 price tag and needing some time off after a long summer of recruiting tournies and camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just want to mention there are ex bandits parents (now 91) who openly share their displeasure with that association on sidelines. So don’t be so sold on it being a scorned 91 parent all the time. There are a few bandits parents who really don’t have great intentions for their old coaches who are now 91

Sounds like a smoke screen. We don’t care who it is… ex parent, ex coach, ex director??
It’s the same BS lame trend. Move on already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they get paid !! They all get paid to attend these events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same ex 91 parent posting again!! It’s so obvious, please leave

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone attend NYSR last year ? What was the college coach attendance like ? I’m assuming not much but still curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious with this comment? The coaches are amazing. People have stayed because of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone has issues with travel clubs, politics, playing time, positions, not seeing eye to eye with coaches and so on. Coming on here over and over anonymously solves nothing. Try moving on and letting whatever your gripe is go !! There are much better ways to productively spend your time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious with this comment? The coaches are amazing. People have stayed because of them.

And we’ve also left because of them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! Lots of happy kids and happy parents in 91. And isn’t that really what matters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau NYSR tryouts seemed much more fair than what was described at suffolk. Coaches were trying to make sure groups has a mix from each travel team, it was live streamed and streaming to a local restaurant, and my daughter (while not on one of the big name teams) was offered some tips throughout the tryout to help her improve. Not sure why there were so many complaints after the Suffolk tryouts but as a parent who stayed and watched the tryout for two different age groups last night I was impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone has issues with travel clubs, politics, playing time, positions, not seeing eye to eye with coaches and so on. Coming on here over and over anonymously solves nothing. Try moving on and letting whatever your gripe is go !! There are much better ways to productively spend your time.

I don’t think it’s a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! Lots of happy kids and parents on 2024 team 91. And isn’t that really all that matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What what the experience like for every with NYSR tryouts ? When do Nassau kids find out if they made it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Suffolk tryouts were fine, my daughter enjoyed her experience and was excited to make the team. There wasn’t much coaching involved, more small field 7v7 and full field play. We don’t play for the “ Big Club” and felt tryouts were fair considering which kids made the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! Lots of happy kids and parents on 2024 team 91. And isn’t that really all that matters.

Thank god you are fixing the problems from last year. It was tough to watch your sideline when we played you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Suffolk tryouts were fine, my daughter enjoyed her experience and was excited to make the team. There wasn’t much coaching involved, more small field 7v7 and full field play. We don’t play for the “ Big Club” and felt tryouts were fair considering which kids made the team.

They took almost all the kids who tried out to either the A or B teams. That being said most kids should be happy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They took almost all the kids who tried out to either the A or B teams. That being said most kids should be happy!

I believe Nassau come out tomorrow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who are the 24 coaches for Suffolk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite a few kids didn’t make it, but they did make two teams. 75 kids , two teams of 18 each. Coaches are YJ and Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is her mother getting paid to attend? Do college coaches get paid to come to a recruiting showcase? I think they are there recruiting, not getting paid!? How do you know she’s getting paid? Do they get paid to attend UA as well?

What do you think your $600 pays for, the field and a pinny?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know Curcio is the 2024 Only (A team) coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know someone just posted the same about Suffolk but who are Nassau 24 coaches ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite a few kids didn’t make it, but they did make two teams. 75 kids , two teams of 18 each. Coaches are YJ and Legacy.

Teams are bigger than 18. From my bc punting 22

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know someone just posted the same about Suffolk but who are Nassau 24 coaches ?

Breves and Tilts not sure whose A and whose B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tilts and Brevas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you think your $600 pays for, the field and a pinny?
Another example of top players choosing AS over UA is Team 180 from Colorado. They have a couple of the top players in the country on that team. One who also plays M&D Black is some tournaments. Pretty sure they are coming back to AS. All the top Long Island 24's are doing American Select again as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the other team 23/24 is a legacy guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the other team 23/24 is a legacy guy

I thought it was Volpe for 23/24 team for suffolk?

Page 57 of 73 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard