BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 112 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
M&D vs TLC, Skywalkers, CClax (2 times) Heros White, that going to be 75 goals and maybe 10 goals allowed in those 5 games.
As someone stated, that could very easily be a B division lineup.

Not going to prep you for a Hero's in Mid Atlantic finals or Eaglestix in NGLL finals if you make it.

Well, Heros and all the top NE teams are playing MD Cup, maybe it will prep them for Pride in the finals.... j/k. very fair point.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s not lose sight of the fact NGLL scheduled games for Heros MDU and BLC during the Athletes Unlimited tryouts. Could have very easily been avoided, almost appears intentional.

players on those teams will just tryout in Delaware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s not lose sight of the fact NGLL scheduled games for Heros MDU and BLC during the Athletes Unlimited tryouts. Could have very easily been avoided, almost appears intentional.

Bigger issue is likely that 26 quarterfinals are during the American Select tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

players on those teams will just tryout in Delaware.

Unless they are a 2 or 3 seed which then plays during the DE tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed about the lopsided brackets. Really, everyone in the "South' bracket got hosed. BLC especially as their one "North" game is M&D - the only strong team in the North! The next best team is NEMS who is solid but not great. Coppermine is OK at best.

The South has Hero's Green, LBC, Pride, MD United and BLC????

That's 5 strong teams vs. 2 if we are counting NEMS.

Need to swap one of the 5 strong teams for a weaker team in the North. It would closer to balanced then....

They need to move Skywalkers or TLC into South and put a Pride , LBC or MDU into North to even things out some.

SW 27B finished the coppermine indoor/outdoor winter season 6-1 over last 7 games.

Beat M&D 28 Black, Coppermine 28B, Heros Green 28, Crush 27, Next Level 27B, HoCo 28 black...only loss was Crush 28

They will definitely compete this season, new coaching staff and girls are starting to put it together.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed about the lopsided brackets. Really, everyone in the "South' bracket got hosed. BLC especially as their one "North" game is M&D - the only strong team in the North! The next best team is NEMS who is solid but not great. Coppermine is OK at best.

Need to swap one of the 5 strong teams for a weaker team in the North. It would closer to balanced then....

They need to move Skywalkers or TLC into South and put a Pride , LBC or MDU into North to even things out some.

Wow! I can't get over M&D's easy schedule.

It happens. Every age is different, and they don't realign every team every year to balance divisions. Look at 26 - M&D has to play 3 of the top 4 teams in the league (also 3 of the top 12 or 15 ranked in country) in their division, while Heros Green will beat every team in their division by 15 goals easily. The worst part is that one of the top 5 teams won't even make the playoffs because of the uneven balance, and another team from the North will get in only to lose by 15 in the quarterfinal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW 27B finished the coppermine indoor/outdoor winter season 6-1 over last 7 games.

Beat M&D 28 Black, Coppermine 28B, Heros Green 28, Crush 27, Next Level 27B, HoCo 28 black...only loss was Crush 28

They will definitely compete this season, new coaching staff and girls are starting to put it together.

They weren’t even competitive last year. They may beat TLC or CCLax but I don’t expect them to “compete”.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

They weren’t even competitive last year. They may beat TLC or CCLax but I don’t expect them to “compete”.

You are 100% correct, they were not even remotely competitive.

The difference is night and day, and you can't discount those quality wins above.

Will be fun to watch this spring / summer and how many new girls show up for tryouts to be part of a club with a strong history of excellence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg

The difference is night and day, and you can't discount those quality wins above.

Will be fun to watch this spring / summer and how many new girls show up for tryouts to be part of a club with a strong history of excellence.

I think they could pull a few M&D or Heros girls who are unhappy with how or how much they are being used, throw in a NEMS or Coppermine player or two and they may get into that middle A pack. Least a year away though

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I think they could pull a few M&D or Heros girls who are unhappy with how or how much they are being used, throw in a NEMS or Coppermine player or two and they may get into that middle A pack. Least a year away though

Agree

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quality wins? Over 2028s? And a B level 2027? Thanks for the laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does always blow my mind how much one year can make. A winless A team 2027 can beat a top-5 national 2028 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does always blow my mind how much one year can make. A winless A team 2027 can beat a top-5 national 2028 team.

A guess a win is a win, but we’re talking about winter games here. Many of these teams are just playing to keep sticks in hands and are hardly competing at full strength from week-to-week. I wouldn’t be sad to see SW27 do better, but winter games are hardly predictive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we expect any big changes from last year with these teams? NGLL didn't send out the rosters like typical, so I really don't know who got better or worse based on roster.

Does Skywalkers win a game in A division?

How do the new clubs do, CCLax, TLC, Cavalier?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we expect any big changes from last year with these teams? NGLL didn't send out the rosters like typical, so I really don't know who got better or worse based on roster.

Skywalkers will win two games -- CCLax and TLC. They will be somewhat competitive with Heros White and Coppermine and likely lose by double digits in the rest.

Of the three new teams, Cavalier is by far the best. That said, they have the toughest schedule in the league. They definitely beat stars and will probably win at least one of the following three --- Integrity, MD United, Hero White.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers will win two games -- CCLax and TLC. They will be somewhat competitive with Heros White and Coppermine and likely lose by double digits in the rest.

Of the three new teams, Cavalier is by far the best. That said, they have the toughest schedule in the league. They definitely beat stars and will probably win at least one of the following three --- Integrity, MD United, Hero White.

Are you new to the 2027 age group?

You’re putting Coppermine, Heros White, MDU and Cavalier all in the same group? Out of curiosity why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier is not that good, and they are definitely NOT beating MD United. That will be a 10 pt. beating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stars is in A now too. They will be at the bottom of their division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why that is the thinking. Cavalier 27 lost to the Stars B team in winter league and lost to a rec team as well. I don't see them beating any of those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Need to swap one of the 5 strong teams for a weaker team in the North. It would closer to balanced then....[/quote]

They need to move Skywalkers or TLC into South and put a Pride , LBC or MDU into North to even things out some.[/quote]

I believe the north/south divisions are generally where the team is based with south being the AA County, Howard county, Annapolis and Virginia/bear DC teams and north being the Balto County and northern balto county/bel air area teams

I know there may be exceptions but I think that’s how they create the divisions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Need to swap one of the 5 strong teams for a weaker team in the North. It would closer to balanced then....

They need to move Skywalkers or TLC into South and put a Pride , LBC or MDU into North to even things out some.[/quote]

I believe the north/south divisions are generally where the team is based with south being the AA County, Howard county, Annapolis and Virginia/bear DC teams and north being the Balto County and northern balto county/bel air area teams

I know there may be exceptions but I think that’s how they create the divisions[/quote]

Terrible way to create the divisions. Obviously it leads to very lopsided schedule. Also interesting that CCLax, Integrity and MDU all in same place in AA County, yet the new team gets put in the North? Hero's Green Hero's White, the B team gets put in the North. Hmmmm.

You are likely going to have a case where the 4th team in South is better than the 2nd team in North.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, if that's the case, they should divide by talent not geography. It doesn't appear the geography of the games has any rhyme or reason (All North games are in Bel Air, while all South games are in HoCo for example), so why use geography as the criteria?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, if that's the case, they should divide by talent not geography. It doesn't appear the geography of the games has any rhyme or reason (All North games are in Bel Air, while all South games are in HoCo for example), so why use geography as the criteria?

I don't know why they do it that way but I think it is the general parameters that are used. HoCo and Hero's white may be exceptions but it generally breaks down along geographical lines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why they do it that way but I think it is the general parameters that are used. HoCo and Hero's white may be exceptions but it generally breaks down along geographical lines.

They do have VA teams and MDU LBC CCLax playing in Bowie though. North South was just a terrible way to divide the divisions when the division determines schedules.

I'm not sure what M&D is going to get out of it with so many light opponents. I guess they are going to have an amazing goal scored vs goals against stat, that's about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Division’s are what they are and we have to deal with it. The same things were said about the two Divisions last year and the one people said was weaker beat up on the cross over games as only M&D/ BLC had descent records. Let it play out. Some teams may surprise us and be better than we think and some not as good. We are just parents so let’s have the girls play decide it. All but the M&D parents can agree it seems they have the easiest schedule. But to say the top 4 from one are better than the 2nd is too early. NEMS may surprise people. Coppermine last year only got their butts kicked by Hero’s Green- beat up LBC that was hyped up by some and only lost to BLC by 1. After all - that’s why you play the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year, Coppermine went 5-3 without beating a team with a winning record. (Avoided M&D, MDU and Pride)

They are a huge unknown given their poor tournament play.

NEMS made playoffs last year, its not crazy they do it again, in fact, two games against Skywalkers, TLC, CCLax and Hero's White, how do they not get 5 wins automatically? That's the point.

To your point, it is what it is. Shame they couldn't make it competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year, Coppermine went 5-3 without beating a team with a winning record. (Avoided M&D, MDU and Pride)

NEMS made playoffs last year, its not crazy they do it again, in fact, two games against Skywalkers, TLC, CCLax and Hero's White, how do they not get 5 wins automatically? That's the point.

They beat LBC badly and beat MDU pretty good at Live Love Lax. NEMS also was pretty competitive too. So everyone saying the Division with LBC, MDU and Pride was so much better while NEMS & Coppermine were so weak- results say otherwise. I agree Coppermine is confusing though. But they are better than even credit for as is NEMS. I like Hero’s White too. TLC will get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They beat LBC badly and beat MDU pretty good at Live Love Lax. NEMS also was pretty competitive too. So everyone saying the Division with LBC, MDU and Pride was so much better while NEMS & Coppermine were so weak- results say otherwise. I agree Coppermine is confusing though. But they are better than even credit for as is NEMS. I like Hero’s White too. TLC will get better.

No one is saying that North is weak because of NEMS or Coppermine. They are saying its weak because you have Hero's White (1 NGLL win) Skywalkers (0 NGLL wins) TLC (new to A) and CCLax (new to A). Add to the fact that North plays a team in conference twice and its a very weak schedule.

Coppermine had 4 summer tournaments and played great in LLL, and terrible in the other 3 (or played poor competition). Coppermine beat LBC badly in NGLL then turns around and loses to them in summer.

Again, I think Coppermine/NEMS is comparable to LBC, MDU, Pride but Coppermine/NEMS are getting a free ride to the playoffs, the other 3, maybe 1 makes it all due to the division lineup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS is on par with LBC, MDU and Pride. Coppermine, not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t matter, they don’t play those teams and come mid May they will be in playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t matter, they don’t play those teams and come mid May they will be in playoffs.

And lose in the quarterfinals by 8-10 goals. Not sure that is a great resume line.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And lose in the quarterfinals by 8-10 goals. Not sure that is a great resume line.

Didn’t know 13 year olds cared about a great resume line but glad I just found out. I have one kid playing in college now, one in HS and one on these not so great teams. The one in college is a D1 starter that still loves the game which friends that played for the likes of M&D, Hero’s, TLC and Skywalkers you all talk about like are gods have all stopped playing for one reason or another. Girls that were great at younger ages level out while others develop and pass them. My daughter was descent until a growth spurt around 8th grade and had an excellent coach in HS. A lot can change year to year so just sit back, relax and let the girls play speak for itself. Here’s to hoping we are all shocked and some of these others teams play shuts some of you up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t know 13 year olds cared about a great resume line but glad I just found out. I have one kid playing in college now, one in HS and one on these not so great teams. The one in college is a D1 starter that still loves the game which friends that played for the likes of M&D, Hero’s, TLC and Skywalkers you all talk about like are gods have all stopped playing for one reason or another. Girls that were great at younger ages level out while others develop and pass them. My daughter was descent until a growth spurt around 8th grade and had an excellent coach in HS. A lot can change year to year so just sit back, relax and let the girls play speak for itself. Here’s to hoping we are all shocked and some of these others teams play shuts some of you up.

YES!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there’s a “play day” March 13 at the St James. BLC, Sky Walkers, Renegades and Rebels. Not sure who plays who though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there’s a “play day” March 13 at the St James. BLC, Sky Walkers, Renegades and Rebels. Not sure who plays who though.

Yes, that is correct. The teams get 3 games, so they will play a combination of the above, plus STARS, since they are hosting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is driven by promises made over the past couple years to the VA teams from Robinson Sports around getting them more games closer to home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2027 NGLL North Division Predictions

M&D (8-0)
They could moonwalk through these games, no one will challenge them. Their goalies can set up a lawn chair in the crease.
Swing Game: None

NEMS (6-2)
Loss: M&D MDU
They lucked out being placed in the weaker division, with two games against a winless 2021 Skywalkers team.
Swing Game: (MDU) First game for both teams and either can win or lose this one. They played tight the last two meetings.

Coppermine (6-2)
Loss: M&D NEMS
There’s been talk of Coppermine’s demise the last year, I don’t know about that, but what I do know is you won’t tell based off this soft schedule.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) If Coppermine gets a loss here (they play 2 games), it very well could open the door for Hero’s White to get in that 3rd playoff spot.

Hero’s White (3-5)
Win: CCLax Stars TLC
They lost a few solid pieces from last year. They play to the echo of the whistle and may be able to steal a win.
Swing Game: (Cavalier) They are new to the A NGLL, but they are solid and could very well knock off a few teams who take them lightly.

CCLax (2-6)
Win: Skywalkers TLC
The former B division champions, they are in for a different type of game in A, learning curve will be there.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) They lost to them in Fall, but the skill and talent is there to beat White but will need to match their physical play.

Skywalkers (1-7)
They were not able to compete in the A Division last year. They’ve added a few NEMS players and a player who was playing up on 2026 team. They get the short stick playing their out of division matchup against Hero’s Green as well.
Win: TLC
Swing Game: (CCLax) they beat them in Fall, I expect CCLax to show more in the next matchup but this one could go either way.

TLC (0-8)
There’s some solid players on this team but they just aren’t ready for the A division.
Swing Game: (Skywalkers) I expect this game to be within 3 no matter who wins but I don’t thik they pull out a victory in 2022 NGLL.

***Please note this is not meant to degrade any teams and certainly not players, this is merely to give us something to talk about and compare notes. Every one of these kids is playing in the top league in the country against the best lacrosse players in the world (truth) at their age and they can hold their own against most any of the competition nationally. They will grow they will improve and the best is yet to come for these girls. Good luck to all the teams***

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D (8-0)
They could moonwalk through these games, no one will challenge them. Their goalies can set up a lawn chair in the crease.

NEMS (6-2)
They lucked out being placed in the weaker division, with two games against a winless 2021 Skywalkers team.
Swing Game: (MDU) First game for both teams and either can win or lose this one. They played tight the last two meetings.

Coppermine (6-2)
There’s been talk of Coppermine’s demise the last year, I don’t know about that, but what I do know is you won’t tell based off this soft schedule.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) If Coppermine gets a loss here (they play 2 games), it very well could open the door for Hero’s White to get in that 3rd playoff spot.

Hero’s White (3-5)
They lost a few solid pieces from last year. They play to the echo of the whistle and may be able to steal a win.
Swing Game: (Cavalier) They are new to the A NGLL, but they are solid and could very well knock off a few teams who take them lightly.

CCLax (2-6)
The former B division champions, they are in for a different type of game in A, learning curve will be there.
Swing Game: (Hero’s White) They lost to them in Fall, but the skill and talent is there to beat White but will need to match their physical play.

Skywalkers (1-7)
They were not able to compete in the A Division last year. They’ve added a few NEMS players and a player who was playing up on 2026 team. They get the short stick playing their out of division matchup against Hero’s Green as well.
Swing Game: (CCLax) they beat them in Fall, I expect CCLax to show more in the next matchup but this one could go either way.

TLC (0-8)
There’s some solid players on this team but they just aren’t ready for the A division.
Swing Game: (Skywalkers) I expect this game to be within 3 no matter who wins but I don’t thik they pull out a victory in 2022 NGLL.

***Please note this is not meant to degrade any teams and certainly not players, this is merely to give us something to talk about and compare notes. Every one of these kids is playing in the top league in the country against the best lacrosse players in the world (truth) at their age and they can hold their own against most any of the competition nationally. They will grow they will improve and the best is yet to come for these girls. Good luck to all the teams***

Always appreciate these. If the same person as last year then you were pretty accurate. I’d agree with this but would love to see some upsets. Looking forward to our Division predictions soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D (8-0)

NEMS (6-2)

Coppermine (6-2)

Hero’s White (3-5)

CCLax (2-6)

Skywalkers (1-7)

TLC (0-8)

Agree with everything except CCLax beating SW. SW won by 7 in the fall and the games wasnt even that close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D (8-0)

NEMS (6-2)

Coppermine (6-2)

Hero’s White (3-5)

CCLax (2-6)

Skywalkers (1-7)

TLC (0-8)

Agree with everything except CCLax beating SW. SW won by 7 in the fall and the games wasnt even that close.

M&D has to play Bethesda. There's my upset prediction. But the other games will be a cakewalk for them. I see Hero's White battling Coppermine for 3rd playoff spot.

Page 29 of 112 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard