BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 73 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does your club coach have to send them a recommendation? Or was it a recommendation in the resume/application ?

You ask your coach for a recxomendation they send it to you and you copy and paste it in so u see what they say.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes , same Directors for AS, NYRS, Juniors Open and so on, they don’t even try to hide the fact they are only selecting their own kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think video really matters here at all.

We put in an application to UA150 for my daughter ('25) last minute. We didn't have time to get the coach recommendation thus relying on the highlight video. According to YouTube view count no one even watched the video. So I guess you are right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I definitely saw a few head scratchers for the UA 150, obviously if you get chosen it’s a great thing , helps with marketing for sure. Not sure if college coaches put much stock into these events. They know these events are manipulated and controlled by club coaches who pick their own kids, so obviously not a true All star/select team. Whether it’s a application or tryout , if it’s run by a club ( YJ) ( Legacy) they are picking their own kids. Everyone else just donated $$$$.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I definitely saw a few head scratchers for the UA 150, obviously if you get chosen it’s a great thing , helps with marketing for sure. Not sure if college coaches put much stock into these events. They know these events are manipulated and controlled by club coaches who pick their own kids, so obviously not a true All star/select team. Whether it’s a application or tryout , if it’s run by a club ( YJ) ( Legacy) they are picking their own kids. Everyone else just donated $$$$.

We emailed the selection to these events out to college coaches and the ones allowed to reply (D3) responded with emails thst suggested they hold value in it but then again different divisions may not hold as much value

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the NTDP try out schedules come out? Any idea would be really appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing on the website as of yet , last years were in August and September and multiple regions throughout the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the NTDP try out schedules come out? Any idea would be really appreciated.

What is NTDP?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I have.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Aren’t the regional Directors for American Select, Juniors open, NYSLR, All American games , LILJ showcase select team all the same people ? CR, Glick and the Director’s from FLG ? It’s obvious these are not merit based but more club affiliated based. Right there you have the three club directors ( YJ, Legscy and FLG) picking their own players. Yes they sprinkle in a few players from other clubs but it’s mainly those three clubs representing. No doubt many of those girls are more than qualified but it’s clearly a conflict of interest. The UA 150 and Best in class might be more unbiased due to the large selection process and players from all over the country.[/quote

You nailed it right on the head ...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious if you ever consider that the girls apply for these teams and attend these events for reasons other than recruiting like maybe to just play against and with good competitors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious if you ever consider that the girls apply for these teams and attend these events for reasons other than recruiting like maybe to just play against and with good competitors

Absolutely true for girls outside the east coast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We emailed the selection to these events out to college coaches and the ones allowed to reply (D3) responded with emails thst suggested they hold value in it but then again different divisions may not hold as much value

Too funny but I gotta call BS!!!!
Nearly 300 D3 women’s lacrosse schools.
And they said collectively as a group that yes they hold value?!?
I doubt you emailed any or if you did that they would reply.
These schools are knee deep in recruiting 2022 and 2023 while prepping for games and coaching practices.
Hahaha nice try!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Attending AS and was at UA last year. I think AS makes more sense since coaches recruit by graduation year. This year coaches needed to see the 2023's. How many 23's would be on the Highlight rosters. The same holds true for the 24’s next year. The decision to do AS was difficult because it was new. For our region, the top players came to the AS tryout and filled the roster so it made the decision easier. There are still many excellent players doing UA but seems 23 the rosters were more impressive for 23, 24, & 25 at AS. Went over to watch several 23 games in between my daughter's games and the competition and coach turnout was excellent. We did UA last year but it was regional and coaches could not be in attendance. I cannot speak on the UA tournament with all regions together to be fully honest. I’m sure the senior game will be fun to watch. We will come out for AS again next year for the reasons listed above. My only recommendation would be that next year they give the girls more swag. Girls get a lot of stuff at UA 150 for a similar cost. This was the first year for AS with many start-up costs, so hoping if my daughter makes it again, they get some good gear! A Nike Senior game would be cool as well, but that may be in the works as it makes sense.

Similar cost ? Underarmour is $145 for all. American Select is $150 for tryouts and $500 + more for the tourney. Plus beach hotels in Delaware. Uniforms were weak too. The 22 group was thin and i expect the 23 to pass up the $700 fee to play in a meaningless tourney. 24 will get good attendance. I do think best 25 will try UA and best 26 will do AS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is questioning the legitimacy of these events or why the girls want to play them (for now). It’s a big and exciting accomplishment to get invited and every player should be proud. What’s being questioned is the impartiality and fairness of the selection processes and explaining to our kids. By now it’s apparent that they are all biased. We can debate to what degree, but in the end it’s boiling down to affiliations with 3 main tournament runners: RS, CSE, and TOTB. In the case of UA150, clubs that direct more $ to RS via the NGLL, Mid Atlantic, etc. get more favorable player weighting and slots. For UAAA, it’s the clubs that direct more registrations to CSE’s National Cup events. For AS, it’s clubs that direct more registrations to TOTB events. Our girls’ hearts and our parent $ are caught in the middle of an increasingly dilutive marketshare battle. It especially stinks because the events are now deliberately scheduled to overlap and split the fields. Guess that’s just the dynamics of supply and demand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny but I gotta call BS!!!!
Nearly 300 D3 women’s lacrosse schools.
And they said collectively as a group that yes they hold value?!?
I doubt you emailed any or if you did that they would reply.
These schools are knee deep in recruiting 2022 and 2023 while prepping for games and coaching practices.
Hahaha nice try!

I didn’t say we emailed 300 schools…and yes they did reply… I’m not sure why you feel the need to demolish good things

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same salty club and or parent on here complaining about how directors use the girls who make it to make money on social media are the same people that would have plastered it all
Over their website and social media accounts if their kid had made it or kids from their club had made it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you been checking out the 2023 Recruiting the last few days? Congratulations women on a job well done. Late February and D1 still filling out their rosters.

Cincinnati(D1)
Longwood(D1)
Niagara U(D1)
Manhattan(D1)
Niagra(D1)
Wingate(D2)
Rollins(D2)
Seton Hill(D2)
SUNY New Paltz(D3)
Kenyon College(D3)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think you should look at any of these events as nothing more than a fun weekend for your daughter. There will always be politics in who gets picked mixed in. Doesn’t mean your daughter doesn’t deserve to be at them. Enjoy it for what it is, a fun couple of days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t all these college coaches in the start of their seasons ? I find hard to believe they first would entertain your email, secondly tell you these events hold any water at all. Clearly your trying to convince yourself these things matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m
Not sure what you’re talking about, nobody said anything about clubs or players and parents posting about their kid making a team. Most posters said congrats to the players who made it . The common discussion seems to be the bias attached to the Long Island events regarding the same Directors choosing their own players every time. I believe most posters felt UA and Best in class were the most unbiased to a degree, so congrats to all the girls who were selected regardless of the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m
Not sure what you’re talking about, nobody said anything about clubs or players and parents posting about their kid making a team. Most posters said congrats to the players who made it . The common discussion seems to be the bias attached to the Long Island events regarding the same Directors choosing their own players every time. I believe most posters felt UA and Best in class were the most unbiased to a degree, so congrats to all the girls who were selected regardless of the event.

Most people felt like there was bias on all these events and especially UA and Best in Class. There are better places to spend your money during a recruiting year IMO.
This turns out to be a very expensive weekend. I feel bad for those that are afraid no or can’t say no because of the politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t all these college coaches in the start of their seasons ? I find hard to believe they first would entertain your email, secondly tell you these events hold any water at all. Clearly your trying to convince yourself these things matter.

Is this in reference to club coach emailing the college coaches for advice on these pre-season all star showcases?
Had to be a joke? No way somebody did that or thought we would believe them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS has its own problems. Look at the Midwest teams last year. Almost all Team One, which is part of the same group that owns and runs AS, as well as Team One.

Some could say it’s in their best interest to pick almost all kids from Team One and not, say, Lakeshore or other top clubs in the Midwest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is questioning the legitimacy of these events or why the girls want to play them (for now). It’s a big and exciting accomplishment to get invited and every player should be proud. What’s being questioned is the impartiality and fairness of the selection processes and explaining to our kids. By now it’s apparent that they are all biased. We can debate to what degree, but in the end it’s boiling down to affiliations with 3 main tournament runners: RS, CSE, and TOTB. In the case of UA150, clubs that direct more $ to RS via the NGLL, Mid Atlantic, etc. get more favorable player weighting and slots. For UAAA, it’s the clubs that direct more registrations to CSE’s National Cup events. For AS, it’s clubs that direct more registrations to TOTB events. Our girls’ hearts and our parent $ are caught in the middle of an increasingly dilutive marketshare battle. It especially stinks because the events are now deliberately scheduled to overlap and split the fields. Guess that’s just the dynamics of supply and demand.

You’ve lost the plot. CSE is the Good Ol’ Boys club—it’s more about the relationships directors have with CSE, which allows them to get on the coaching staff to select players. There are always some poor politics and you can sneak one or two players into an event and get away with it.

What you cannot do is take your whole team then not take the various D1 commits, etc., which has happened in the past.

It isn’t about who’s paying more to CSE for the events, it’s how you’ve built the relationship with CSE which gets you on the coaching staff.

UA150 is all RS and again, it’s club connections and they rely on the coaches to be honest when providing the references—some club directors abuse this and put on bad picks because they want to scratch a back or help out the family that has a lot of money and is their big patron. If we had more scrupulous club directors this would be less of a problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this in reference to club coach emailing the college coaches for advice on these pre-season all star showcases?

Seems like this is the same person that’s trying to separate UA and Best in Class from the others. You can probably figure out who would benefit from having us think kindly of those 2 over the others. Heavy sales pitch but not very convincing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I feel dense CSE , RS, TOTB, NGLL ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’ve lost the plot. CSE is the Good Ol’ Boys club—it’s more about the relationships directors have with CSE, which allows them to get on the coaching staff to select players. There are always some poor politics and you can sneak one or two players into an event and get away with it.

What you cannot do is take your whole team then not take the various D1 commits, etc., which has happened in the past.

It isn’t about who’s paying more to CSE for the events, it’s how you’ve built the relationship with CSE which gets you on the coaching staff.

UA150 is all RS and again, it’s club connections and they rely on the coaches to be honest when providing the references—some club directors abuse this and put on bad picks because they want to scratch a back or help out the family that has a lot of money and is their big patron. If we had more scrupulous club directors this would be less of a problem.

American select had almost entire club teams last year.
UA 150 is lots of md girls. Jr open is lots of Long Island girls.
Best in class is yet to be determined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No our daughter emailed colleges about her acceptance to some of these events and D3 coaches did respond with congratulations and expressed that they were great events and opportunities. Without the ability to screenshot and send these replies there is no way for me to show you what was said. I’m not sure why you need to try and downplay success or tell us we are lying about our daughters interactions with coaches. I don’t know what my daughter did to deserve that other than make an event and send some emails

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No our daughter emailed colleges about her acceptance to some of these events and D3 coaches did respond with congratulations and expressed that they were great events and opportunities. Without the ability to screenshot and send these replies there is no way for me to show you what was said. I’m not sure why you need to try and downplay success or tell us we are lying about our daughters interactions with coaches. I don’t know what my daughter did to deserve that other than make an event and send some emails

What are you talking about? Very dramatic. Nice try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best in Class us skewing heavy east coast clubs right now. If you play for an East Coast Club you’re more likely to get in, even if you’re from the Midwest and not as good, but you play for, say, LI Top Guns. Not taking shots at Top Gun but I’ve seen players that wouldn’t get a sniff of anything make a bunch of events from just this change alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact you keep replying is very telling !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is better UA or American Select?. It seems that UA had some trouble a few years back with politics , parent coaches..etc are the same people involved.?
will there will continue to be favoritism to their own clubs....?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best in Class us skewing heavy east coast clubs right now. If you play for an East Coast Club you’re more likely to get in, even if you’re from the Midwest and not as good, but you play for, say, LI Top Guns. Not taking shots at Top Gun but I’ve seen players that wouldn’t get a sniff of anything make a bunch of events from just this change alone.

The only one not “getting a sniff” is your daughter. Stop being so jealous and have your daughter hit the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact you keep replying is very telling !!

Trying hard to sell something(Best in and UA) and covering up identity. Smashing Top Guns is not right and is telling .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the best players ? East coast. Those west coast players don’t stand out against the east when they come for ua , as or any camps. I am sure a few from Colorado and California will be in for some of these. If your daughter didn’t get an invite it might be because she’s not at the top like you think she is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what is better UA or American Select?. It seems that UA had some trouble a few years back with politics , parent coaches..etc are the same people involved.?

It all depends on which one your daughter applies to and gets into. Each side will tell you the one their kid got into is the better one. UA is the old dinosaur and AS is the new upstart if you'd rather frame it that way (Blackberry vs iPhone). Not the best analogy but it's one way to look at it. It's the way some of the people in the club scene are framing it.

Personally? I'd take a look at the coaches covering the events and use that as part of the decision making progress. If there's a coach you don't like coaching one or the other event, take your pick. We did UA last year and it was good. Some teams were certainly a little down from previous years, but the Spallinas were in the UA events, I don't know that they did AS. I wouldn't be opposed to trying AS, but it does cost more and their uniforms stunk.

Flip a coin I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It all depends on which one your daughter applies to and gets into. Each side will tell you the one their kid got into is the better one. UA is the old dinosaur and AS is the new upstart if you'd rather frame it that way (Blackberry vs iPhone). Not the best analogy but it's one way to look at it. It's the way some of the people in the club scene are framing it.

Personally? I'd take a look at the coaches covering the events and use that as part of the decision making progress. If there's a coach you don't like coaching one or the other event, take your pick. We did UA last year and it was good. Some teams were certainly a little down from previous years, but the Spallinas were in the UA events, I don't know that they did AS. I wouldn't be opposed to trying AS, but it does cost more and their uniforms stunk.

Flip a coin I guess.

Either one is fine as long as your daughter gets meaningful playing time and does well when she is out on the field. ALL the top coaches attended BOTH last year. They spent a day at each. What I do see was some girls who were not that good being selected and when they were on the field they showed that. Explains why they weren’t recruited by top programs. The girls from both events that stood out got plenty of offers. Bottom line is choose the event you prefer and do something on the field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flip a coin I guess.

Either one is fine as long as your daughter gets meaningful playing time and does well when she is out on the field. ALL the top coaches attended BOTH last year. They spent a day at each. What I do see was some girls who were not that good being selected and when they were on the field they showed that. Explains why they weren’t recruited by top programs. The girls from both events that stood out got plenty of offers. Bottom line is choose the event you prefer and do something on the field!

I thought the AS was done very well. ALL the girls were excellent. I am not sure if offers stemmed from participation from AS or UA Most coaches had their eyes out on certain players well before these tournaments. Maybe just solidifying their choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Flip a coin I guess.

I thought the AS was done very well. ALL the girls were excellent. I am not sure if offers stemmed from participation from AS or UA Most coaches had their eyes out on certain players well before these tournaments. Maybe just solidifying their choices.

ALL the girls were not excellent, and many are not committed because they turned the ball over and shot into the goalies stick every time they touched the ball.

Page 51 of 73 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard