BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 73 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about UA150, there’s a cost for this as well, is it worth it?

UA 150 is a great event with top level talent. Hard to get into and very selective.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How was Ua chosen? Not a single player on our team made it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how much are UA150 selections skewed by club affiliation?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will any college coaches be on the sidelines at UA150? Anyone have girls who have been, and have experienced UA150? Invites are out today, Trying to decide if just another money grab! frown

that's what we're trying to figure out...if these events (UA, AS) are worth it or are we better off just going to college camps & clinics where our daughter is interested in going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get ready for the negative Ned on here saying that ua is a money grab, all politics, not worth it, etc and finding anyway to badmouth the event because their kid didn’t get in

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will any college coaches be on the sidelines at UA150? Anyone have girls who have been, and have experienced UA150? Invites are out today, Trying to decide if just another money grab! frown

We went last year but we’re not selected this year. It was one of the best experiences our daughter has had. She’s pretty upset she didn’t get it this year but we are grateful she had the opportunity last year. The talent was on point. There were no players who didn’t belong there. Hoping she gets pulled off the waitlist and if not there is always next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest to say it but it says a lot about the talent at some clubs. You’ll see half of YJ A and steps will probably make it while the lower tier clubs won’t even have a single kid make it. Evaluators know which clubs attract the stronger players but if a kid was very talented in a weaker club they’d still get picked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it’s a matter of who can get their club coaches to give them a good recommendation. I don’t think they are watching all those videos. Then, I think they try and spread it out with picks over all the clubs, and the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We went last year but we’re not selected this year. It was one of the best experiences our daughter has had. She’s pretty upset she didn’t get it this year but we are grateful she had the opportunity last year. The talent was on point. There were no players who didn’t belong there. Hoping she gets pulled off the waitlist and if not there is always next year!

It's only a two year event - this year 2024s/2025s, next year 2025s/2026s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls getting invited based on applications that have only club coach recommendations and no highlight videos tells you everything you need to know about UA150.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it’s a matter of who can get their club coaches to give them a good recommendation. I don’t think they are watching all those videos. Then, I think they try and spread it out with picks over all the clubs, and the country.

You get to see what your club coach writes when they send you the rec so you know if they wrote one for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like most of the usual names that we hear of from M&D, Skywalkers and Hero’s made the team. Lots of talent from the three teams but missed some from others. Remember who runs the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a great accomplishment to get the UA 150 invitation and great to play with other terrific players. The sidelines are far from lined with college coaches. IMHO it's more valuable to put on your list of accomplishments than expecting to "be seen" by coaches at the event. There is no standard recruiting plan for success, so any chance to be challenged is usually worth it. The problem of always trying to spend money right, it's best to have the girls understand how much thing cost for recruiting. It's a huge life lesson about finances that many have never considered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over last few days 2023s have committed D1,
Michigan,
Ohio State,
Bryant
and FDU.
Additionally D1 over the last 10 days 2023s,
Bryant x2
Central Michigan x4
LIU
UNH
FDU x3
Stetson
Duquesne x2
Xavier
Eastern Michigan
Albany
Lafayette
Arizona St
Longwood
Merrimack
Redford
Lasalle
American x2
St Francis U
Monmouth U
Army
Furman
Wagner x2
Wofford
Plus many good D2 and 3 schools,
Messiah
St John Fisher
Mt Olive
Denison
Vassar
St Lawrence x2
Dickinson
Steven’s x3
Hobart and Smith
Claremont-Mudd-Scripps

This is a great list of schools and the process for 2023s is moving much slower than many of us expected. I post this to help the 2024 parents. Great opportunity for our girls but be patient and don’t panic next fall and winter.
Very few will get an offer on sept 1. Most will play out over the course of their Junior maybe senior depending on what they are looking for.

Y’all weren’t kidding about colleges being really focused on 2023 recruiting right now.
A bunch More D1 commits on 2/14 for 2023 class,
Cal Berkeley, U Maryland BC, St Francis U, FDU
And D2/3 schools
Slippery Rock, Winthrop
We had heard from many that this is how it would be but didn’t know what to expect with a few conflicting things said on here. Patience is huge with so many choices and opportunity. It Makes me more calm with my 2024 and knowing that we have time and not to panic. It’s amazing to watch. So happy for these women.

More D1 2023 commits yesterday,
University of Cincinnati
Longwood
Bryant
And a few competitive D2/3 with good academics
Kenyon
SUNY New Paltz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls getting invited based on applications that have only club coach recommendations and no highlight videos tells you everything you need to know about UA150.

That's why I asked the question. Two kids apply from the same, lesser known, club. One sends video, and the other didn't. The one with no video just moved from the lesser known club to a well-known club and used the new club's name and recommendation.

No, neither is my kid. But that scenario is going to give us the information to spend the money and skip AS OR forego UA and go to American Select.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve looked at some of the profiles of girls selected and haven’t seen any who don’t have film. Have you seen kids without film who made it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's what we're trying to figure out...if these events (UA, AS) are worth it or are we better off just going to college camps & clinics where our daughter is interested in going?

Both, all. Final lap of near decade race. Don’t walk now. Be smart though by being honest at attainable programs. Best wishes to kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does it say you need a highlight video to apply to UA 150?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Long Island so far I have seen. It doesn’t mean there aren’t others I missed this is just from what my daughter has said and what I’ve seen on under armors social media

Legacy: 2
YJ: 4
Jesters: 3
Top guns: 1
Liberty: 1
Elevate: have not seen any
91: have not seen any
Empire: have not seen any

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve looked at some of the profiles of girls selected and haven’t seen any who don’t have film. Have you seen kids without film who made it?

Yes, I do know of players selected who only submitted recommendations and no video.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's optional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's optional

I think that's the point. Where is the legitimate assessment of skill when you just take the word of a club coach/director?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I do know of players selected who only submitted recommendations and no video.

Coaches who sent recommendations to players for any of their players who were applying clearly did not write anything negative so then how does the event differentiate between everyone having a good rec and who gets in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a great accomplishment to get the UA 150 invitation and great to play with other terrific players. The sidelines are far from lined with college coaches. IMHO it's more valuable to put on your list of accomplishments than expecting to "be seen" by coaches at the event. There is no standard recruiting plan for success, so any chance to be challenged is usually worth it. The problem of always trying to spend money right, it's best to have the girls understand how much thing cost for recruiting. It's a huge life lesson about finances that many have never considered.

This! It’s like a resume. You get into these events your name has more value to it, even if coaches aren’t there. It also gives you film against other strong players thst some teams may not normally see the level of competition of

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This! It’s like a resume. You get into these events your name has more value to it, even if coaches aren’t there. It also gives you film against other strong players thst some teams may not normally see the level of competition of

Resume? ..Not anymore. College coaches know the deal. Despite some of its shortcomings, maybe UA in years past ? But with the flood of new options and some questionable selections it’s not what it used to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches who sent recommendations to players for any of their players who were applying clearly did not write anything negative so then how does the event differentiate between everyone having a good rec and who gets in?

So you're saying that a girl with a recommendation from Joe the college coach doesn't have an advantage over a girl with a recommendation from Joe the unknown club director? That's why video makes the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one questioned the validity of the event, just the "honesty" of the selection process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one questioned the validity of the event, just the "honesty" of the selection process.

It’s not just this event regarding a problematic selection process. It’s turning into publicity for the clubs now. As we know that is not good. Despite many of the parents expressing that these are not good choices in a recruiting year, somebody is pushing one or more of these events hard.
My guess is that a lower level club has gotten a few of their girls in and wants everyone to know about it.
Congrats to all the girls but the aggressive push to publicize is over the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're saying that a girl with a recommendation from Joe the college coach doesn't have an advantage over a girl with a recommendation from Joe the unknown club director? That's why video makes the difference.

That makes sense. I see your point that Having the film to back you up as a player if your coaches or club aren’t as well known can make a different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not just this event regarding a problematic selection process. It’s turning into publicity for the clubs now. As we know that is not good. Despite many of the parents expressing that these are not good choices in a recruiting year, somebody is pushing one or more of these events hard.
My guess is that a lower level club has gotten a few of their girls in and wants everyone to know about it.

From looking at social media of local clubs, not a single Long Island club has publicized their players making it. Only publicity is from players themselves and the UA website.

Even if they had why does that matter to you? I think it’s great that clubs use social media to give girls more publicity. What is the problem in that? Seeing UA repost clubs posts of kids such as renegades and tnlax is awesome. Clubs supporting their players is a thing to be happy about. In the world our children live in social media is so important to them and they feel so proud to see themselves posted. I’m all for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every year top talent goes to these events. They don’t just go for the name of it they go to play great competition and learn and because they love playing. These events do attract top level players in each recruiting class and they go and enjoy the event and are proud. There is no reason to diminish that for them. The girls that got in should be proud and their clubs should be as well. If you didn’t get in that isn’t the greatest feeling but the positive is that there are a bunch of events like this that attract top talent. Instead of coming onto an anonymous forum and saying bad things about events players and clubs it is much easier to just focus on your own kids skills and recruiting rather than what others have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From looking at social media of local clubs, not a single Long Island club has publicized their players making it. Only publicity is from players themselves and the UA website.

Even if they had why does that matter to you? I think it’s great that clubs use social media to give girls more publicity. What is the problem in that? Seeing UA repost clubs posts of kids such as renegades and tnlax is awesome. Clubs supporting their players is a thing to be happy about. In the world our children live in social media is so important to them and they feel so proud to see themselves posted. I’m all for it.

No one will ever have a problem when it’s about the girls.
Social media sites like Instagram and Facebook are great for clubs advertising or individual successes. Using this chat to undermine others and pushing their own profit$ while posing as somebody else is disgusting.
This chat is littered with it and you don’t have to go too far back.
Congrats to all on the selections.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Social media sites like Instagram and Facebook are great for clubs advertising or individual successes. Using this chat to undermine others and pushing their own profit$ while posing as somebody else is disgusting.
Congrats to all on the selections.

I hear what you’re saying but I also think that there isn’t as much of that as you do. I think parents who are happy support their club public ally on here and that can look like clubs when it isn’t. Clubs also aren’t profiting off these events unless they run them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA150 skews heavily to club director recommendations. And by recommendations, I mean the UA150 director reaching out and asking for players submitted from each club to be ranked by the club director and provide a go/no go. In general, if you made it the previous year you should make it the following year. Your director can still do a nice write up, but then end your chances by saying "no" when he gets the call from UA150's director to stack rank.

I don't think video really matters here at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the girls but the aggressive push to publicize is over the top.[/quote]

Even if they had why does that matter to you? I think it’s great that clubs use social media to give girls more publicity. What is the problem in that? Seeing UA repost clubs posts of kids such as renegades and tnlax is awesome. Clubs supporting their players is a thing to be happy about. In the world our children live in social media is so important to them and they feel so proud to see themselves posted. I’m all for it.[/quote]

Congrats to all on the selections.[/quote]

I hear what you’re saying but I also think that there isn’t as much of that as you do. I think parents who are happy support their club public ally on here and that can look like clubs when it isn’t. Clubs also aren’t profiting off these events unless they run them.[/quote]

You don't think clubs profit off of having UA150 kids or AA's on their club teams? They most certainly do! More players tend to flow into those clubs as they see it as some sort of validation on how good the club is and how good they can be.

The sad truth is, the clubs don't make the players better--the players make themselves better. I see club hopping all the time and some of these players just never develop. It's usually because they aren't putting in the time to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UA150 skews heavily to club director recommendations. And by recommendations, I mean the UA150 director reaching out and asking for players submitted from each club to be ranked by the club director and provide a go/no go. In general, if you made it the previous year you should make it the following year. Your director can still do a nice write up, but then end your chances by saying "no" when he gets the call from UA150's director to stack rank.

I don't think video really matters here at all.

That's what I was thinking and why I had questions. Given the choice of playing in a "showcase" for a handful of connected clubs and playing in a tournament facing teams from other states, I think I'd rather her play in AS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t the regional Directors for American Select, Juniors open, NYSLR, All American games , LILJ showcase select team all the same people ? CR, Glick and the Director’s from FLG ? It’s obvious these are not merit based but more club affiliated based. Right there you have the three club directors ( YJ, Legscy and FLG) picking their own players. Yes they sprinkle in a few players from other clubs but it’s mainly those three clubs representing. No doubt many of those girls are more than qualified but it’s clearly a conflict of interest. The UA 150 and Best in class might be more unbiased due to the large selection process and players from all over the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does your club coach have to send them a recommendation? Or was it a recommendation in the resume/application ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t the regional Directors for American Select, Juniors open, NYSLR, All American games , LILJ showcase select team all the same people ? CR, Glick and the Director’s from FLG ? It’s obvious these are not merit based but more club affiliated based. Right there you have the three club directors ( YJ, Legscy and FLG) picking their own players. Yes they sprinkle in a few players from other clubs but it’s mainly those three clubs representing. No doubt many of those girls are more than qualified but it’s clearly a conflict of interest. The UA 150 and Best in class might be more unbiased due to the large selection process and players from all over the country.

This is all true but UA and Best in class have their own problems. Some of the selections are laughable and it’s obviously not on the level. It’s all expensive watered down BS..Better off staying away and using the money somewhere more productive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be the opposite. If UA150 is pretty much a showcase of those three clubs and their affiliates elsewhere (YJ South, YJ Mid Atlantic etc.) then the selection process limits other parts of the country. At least AS allows players from other regions to step up face to face. Yes, there are club affiliations there also, but you know where you stand and what the other players are capable of on the field.

Page 50 of 73 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard