BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 112 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BLC is closer to the other 4-5 teams already mentioned (LBC, NEMS, Pride, MDU, etc.) than Hero's Green or M&D. Those two are in a class of their own. Maybe someone will scare them in the NGLL this year, but probably not...

I think this is fair. Currently BLC is 3-4 goals from M&D and 1-2 goals from Hero’s, imo. Could they play out of their mind and surprise…sure. They match up better with Heros than M&D. But at the end of the day BLC is a very good team.

We shall see…

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC is closer to the other 4-5 teams already mentioned (LBC, NEMS, Pride, MDU, etc.) than Hero's Green or M&D. Those two are in a class of their own. Maybe someone will scare them in the NGLL this year, but probably not...

M&D and Hero's will lose games this year. Yes, they are the best 2 teams. But the gap gets closer as these girls get older. Both will lose games to teams they "should " have beaten.

But it's not the end of the world.

With that being said, they are both still really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is fair. Currently BLC is 3-4 goals from M&D and 1-2 goals from Hero’s, imo. Could they play out of their mind and surprise…sure. They match up better with Heros than M&D. But at the end of the day BLC is a very good team.

We shall see…

Since NGLL 2021, BLC has had 5 wins by one goal. (MDU Coppermine NEMS NXT Pride). They are good, no doubt, but a few go either way and we aren't putting them as the #3 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shall see…

Since NGLL 2021, BLC has had 5 wins by one goal. (MDU Coppermine NEMS NXT Pride). They are good, no doubt, but a few go either way and we aren't putting them as the #3 team.

A win is a win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC doesn’t belong with the other two. Pride beat them pretty well earlier this fall. I expect a drop off from BLC if their performance in Orlando at Eye of the Hurricane is an indication of where they are.

They lost to a good 26 team and lost to the then #1 2027 team in the country by 1. I'd say they will be just fine.

If anyone thinks BLC isn't a top 3 or 4 team in the area, you'd be mistaken.

Question should be, is this the last BLC team and the program ends at the 27 group? Chatter is that the younger teams have all broken apart.

Wow, I didn’t realize that things were so gloomy for the younger teams. Are they in NGLL? Are Next Level and Pride cutting into their talent pool for those teams?

Not sure on NGLL, but players left for Next Level, Heros and maybe Stars.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shall see…

A win is a win

Sure and they are ranked high, but if you wanna know why they aren't in the same class as Heros, M&D, there it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shall see…

A win is a win

Sure and they are ranked high, but if you wanna know why they aren't in the same class as Heros, M&D, there it is.

I never said they were. BLC is not as good as Heros or M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC doesn’t belong with the other two. Pride beat them pretty well earlier this fall. I expect a drop off from BLC if their performance in Orlando at Eye of the Hurricane is an indication of where they are.

They lost to a good 26 team and lost to the then #1 2027 team in the country by 1. I'd say they will be just fine.

Question should be, is this the last BLC team and the program ends at the 27 group? Chatter is that the younger teams have all broken apart.

Wow, I didn’t realize that things were so gloomy for the younger teams. Are they in NGLL? Are Next Level and Pride cutting into their talent pool for those teams?

Can't talk about other age groups, but Next Level's 28s are really good -- solid mid-level A team.

I believe BLC's 30s have alot of talent. Plus the director of the club (Breslin) coaches this team and his daughter is outstanding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shall see…

A win is a win

I never said they were. BLC is not as good as Heros or M&D.

Yeah, they are pretty much with the others.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Can't talk about other age groups, but Next Level's 28s are really good -- solid mid-level A team.

I believe BLC's 30s have alot of talent. Plus the director of the club (Breslin) coaches this team and his daughter is outstanding.

Next Level 27 Blue wasn't great last weekend, had some solid athletes but lost by 5-7 goals to SW 27B

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For me, MDU has always been the wildcard at this age. They have put together some great wins and some unexplainable losses.

At their best they can play with anyone, but they can also lose to much inferior teams. On paper, they should be a top 4 team (better than pride, lbc or NEMS) , but there are always a few random bad games.

Pretty spot on, though not sure if they are better than Pride, they tied last season in their one meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NL 28 team must have gained a bunch of players this Fall to be considered a solid mid A team then. That was not the case for them last spring/summer. Plus no real fall tourney games, biggest mystery out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"BLC doesn’t belong with the other two. Pride beat them pretty well earlier this fall. I expect a drop off from BLC if their performance in Orlando at Eye of the Hurricane is an indication of where they are."

Welp BLC beat Pride last weekend. I think we need to acknowledge that MD Black and Heros Green are the two teams that are consistently the strongest. BLC and Pride are both strong and being that we are talking about 12 and 13 year olds you never know what can happen. I wouldn't expect any sort of "drop off" from BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the BLC vs Pride game indoor or outdoor?

I have both pretty close together. Very solid A teams.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
" Pride are both strong and being that we are talking about 12 and 13 year olds you never know what can happen. I wouldn't expect any sort of "drop off" from BLC.

This all day, teams will dramatically change over the next 12-18 months. Some girls will quit, some girls will focus on other sports, some girls will change teams to play with friends from school, some girls will grow / stop growing, etc

None of this really matters until about 9th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg
" Pride are both strong and being that we are talking about 12 and 13 year olds you never know what can happen. I wouldn't expect any sort of "drop off" from BLC.

This all day, teams will dramatically change over the next 12-18 months. Some girls will quit, some girls will focus on other sports, some girls will change teams to play with friends from school, some girls will grow / stop growing, etc

And by then BLC will cease to exist as it ends after 8th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As stated in the past...most of BLC's team will move on to Capital in 9th grade. However, I'm not sure why this is relevant for this season's NGLL season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As stated in the past...most of BLC's team will move on to Capital in 9th grade. However, I'm not sure why this is relevant for this season's NGLL season.

Assuming most of them make Capital, which is a big assumption. Where do they go otherwise?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming most of them make Capital, which is a big assumption. Where do they go otherwise?

Why do you care? I thought this was a forum focussed on the current NGLL season and tournaments. This is the BLC 2027 team for the next two seasons. Its a fine team. Seems like some here have personal issues with BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know there was a conversation about playoffs and number of teams. This is from the NGLL website so looks like 6 teams.

Play Offs:
2026 & 2027: Quarter Finals May 15th ; Semi-Finals May 21st, Championship Games May 22nd

Hope this clears things up and is what actually happens for our 27’s this year. Gives more girls the crush of the playoff excitement. After all- this is really all about the girls experience at this age and should be at every age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know there was a conversation about playoffs and number of teams. This is from the NGLL website so looks like 6 teams.

Play Offs:
2026 & 2027: Quarter Finals May 15th ; Semi-Finals May 21st, Championship Games May 22nd

Hope this clears things up and is what actually happens for our 27’s this year. Gives more girls the crush of the playoff excitement. After all- this is really all about the girls experience at this age and should be at every age.

At least 6 teams. Nothing here confirms 6 or 8.

At the end of the day its a good thing that more teams will have a chance to make the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care? I thought this was a forum focused on the current NGLL season and tournaments. This is the BLC 2027 team for the next two seasons. Its a fine team. Seems like some here have personal issues with BLC.

Not sure MOST of BLC team will make it to capital since all Pride players will be trying out to. Also, would expect BLC's star to follow her sister to SW and potentially take a couple with her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

I think the parents care more about NGLL than the girls. I asked my daughter and 4 of her teams which they would rather win, if they one win one -- NGLL, Lax For the Cure or Mid-Atlantic.

3 said Mid-Atlantic, 2 said Lax For the Cure. I said "no one for NGLL?"

All five laughed at me and one of my daughters friends said. (paraphrasing) "I'd rather just have 2 tournaments in the spring. stinks having to drive over an hour each way and half the games are blowouts." Another one said, "If we win NGLL, we cant go anywhere memorial day weekend"

I am pretty sure those 5 aren't alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

I think the parents care more about NGLL than the girls. I asked my daughter and 4 of her teams which they would rather win, if they one win one -- NGLL, Lax For the Cure or Mid-Atlantic.

All five laughed at me and one of my daughters friends said. (paraphrasing) "I'd rather just have 2 tournaments in the spring. stinks having to drive over an hour each way and half the games are blowouts." Another one said, "If we win NGLL, we cant go anywhere memorial day weekend"

Clearly, these girls are not part of a competitive team. Anyone putting Mid-Atlantic over Cure or NGLL probably plays at a lower level and never experienced playoffs or winning something like Cure.

Mid -Atlantic....lol.

Girls playing at the highest level absolutely want to win NGLL or Cure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

Ha, you are prob right. Lax 4 cure is pretty fun but my god, we advanced far last year, five games in one day in 90 plus degree heat with little shade, girls were wiped. Sign me up for NGLL championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

Ha, you are prob right. Lax 4 cure is pretty fun but my god, we advanced far last year, five games in one day in 90 plus degree heat with little shade, girls were wiped. Sign me up for NGLL championship.

OP Poster back here. Part of the reason I think 2 said Lax For the Cure was that we lost in finals last year.

Biggest complaint about NGLL is the travel for one game combined with the number of blowouts which will likely increase with a diluted A bracket this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

OP Poster back here. Part of the reason I think 2 said Lax For the Cure was that we lost in finals last year.

Biggest complaint about NGLL is the travel for one game combined with the number of blowouts which will likely increase with a diluted A bracket this year.

??? Heros lost to M&D in the L4C finals last year. Pretty sure there are very few Heros girls traveling over an hour for NGLL games where they get blown out. Would love to know what team you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

??? Heros lost to M&D in the L4C finals last year. Pretty sure there are very few Heros girls traveling over an hour for NGLL games where they get blown out. Would love to know what team you are talking about.

Winning blowouts isn’t fun either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know how many girls they will be taking from MD for AU futures? I know there were 2 MD teams last year. Feels like there will be hundreds of girls trying out and some very good girls from top clubs probably won't make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know how many girls they will be taking from MD for AU futures? I know there were 2 MD teams last year. Feels like there will be hundreds of girls trying out and some very good girls from top clubs probably won't make it.

I think the plan is to have only one MD team. They may take kids to backfill other regions that don't have enough though.

Yes, there will be some odd choices when players get accepted, just too little time and too many kids to properly chose. Just let your kid know this doesn't mean they are worse or better than anyone else. For 2027, this is just the first of many of these types of settings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the plan is to have only one MD team. They may take kids to backfill other regions that don't have enough though.

Yes, there will be some odd choices when players get accepted, just too little time and too many kids to properly chose. Just let your kid know this doesn't mean they are worse or better than anyone else. For 2027, this is just the first of many of these types of settings.

It’s a good life lesson on trying out for something you want and giving your best. The rest is up to those making decisions. Tell your daughter to leave it all out there on the field. If they had two teams last year I can’t see why they wouldn’t do the same this year. Just more money to be made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

!
YES! My daughter and her teammates agree with this as well. Too much driving, kills rec programs, and no one cares that you won NGLL in 7th grade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I think is very interesting is that the Maryland and Delaware tryouts are Sat and Sun of the same weekend. Based on NGLL schedules, many maryland girls will likely end up trying out in Delaware. Not sure if it is intentional, but will likely create 2 Maryland teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

!
YES! My daughter and her teammates agree with this as well. Too much driving, kills rec programs, and no one cares that you won NGLL in 7th grade!

My daughter loves having a game to look forward to every weekend in the spring. Granted, we never have to drive over an hour. But she would be disappointed if there was no NGLL and she only had two weekends worth of tournaments in the spring. Also, you're right, no one cares if you won - but who cares if no one cares? If your kid enjoys playing lax, isn't that the point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this forum is primarily about club programs but the last point about it killing rec is on point, especially at the earlier age groups. The point of rec is to get kids involved in the sport and find those athletes who want to further develop but need a season or two before committing to club. I'm sure there's a few club teams whose B or C team was born out of new players to the sport but I would venture to guess those are the exception and not the norm. No one wants to pay club dues to find out if their child likes a sport.

If programs are decimated each weekend to the point of not being able to even field teams because "club comes first", those girls don't get the development time rec provides them to pursue the sport.

While yes it's rec and some will trash it all they want, kids need and want the mental break it provides to play with less pressure and learn it's OK to make mistakes on the field and how to overcome them while lifting up a new group of potential club players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

!

My daughter loves having a game to look forward to every weekend in the spring. Granted, we never have to drive over an hour. But she would be disappointed if there was no NGLL and she only had two weekends worth of tournaments in the spring. Also, you're right, no one cares if you won - but who cares if no one cares? If your kid enjoys playing lax, isn't that the point?

Agree with this. My daughter loves her weekly games. If someone doesn’t than that team doesn’t have to join. Colleges and Professionals travel great distances for scheduled games- why don’t they just have Playoffs? Because people like Seasons. That fact some don’t care about certain things shouldn’t take away from those that do care. My daughter was there throughout the Playoffs last year cheering on friends from other teams and even different age groups. Some actually just enjoy being around the sport of lacrosse no matter what it may be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

!

For us, the issue is less the travel and the fact that half of the games are blowouts. This doesn't happen in tourneys nearly as much. If they restricted NGLL to top 8 or so teams in A and then next 8 in B. It would probably be a much better experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

!

For us, the issue is less the travel and the fact that half of the games are blowouts. This doesn't happen in tourneys nearly as much. If they restricted NGLL to top 8 or so teams in A and then next 8 in B. It would probably be a much better experience.

Unless your M&D or Hero's, you prob aren't experiencing that many blowouts. It happens, obviousl tournaments you can pull from all over to find higher quality teams for the elite bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play Offs:

!

Unless your M&D or Hero's, you prob aren't experiencing that many blowouts. It happens, obviousl tournaments you can pull from all over to find higher quality teams for the elite bracket.

Its more than that. The following teams had more than half of their games decided by 6 goals or more last year.

M&D
Heros
BLC
LBC
Heros White
FCA
SW
Integrity

That was 8 teams out of 12 played mostly blowouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

!

Its more than that. The following teams had more than half of their games decided by 6 goals or more last year.

M&D
Heros
BLC
LBC
Heros White
FCA
SW
Integrity

That was 8 teams out of 12 played mostly blowouts.

So I think you may be overexaggerating a little. Hero's & M&D each had 5 blowout wins. Sky Walkers & FCA had 5 & 7 blowout losses. The rest are sort of a mixed bag.

Here's some quick analysis on the season:

Team % (Games Decided by 6 goals or more)
Sky Walkers 27 Blue 88% (7 | 7 losses)
Coppermine 2027 63% (5 | 4 wins, 1 loss)
FCA 2027 63% (5 | 5 losses)
Hero's 2027 Green 56% (5 | 5 wins)
M&D 2027 Black 50% (5 | 5 wins)
BLC 2027 Blue 50% (5 | 4 wins, 1 loss)
Hero's 2027 White 50% (4 | 4 losses)
Integrity 2027 50% (4 | 1 win, 3 losses)
LBC 2027 50% (4 | 1 win, 3 losses)
Maryland United 2027 38% (3 | 2 wins, 1 loss)
NEMS 2027 22% (2 | 2 wins)

Page 27 of 112 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard