BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 72 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Same as last year, no change: Hawks, NL, ML, Crabs, FCA, Team 91, Team MD, Sidewinders.

Ok, if you have the inside info, what teams are in the rest of the divisions?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay in your lane.

Signed,
Team MD Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay in your lane.

Signed,
Team MD Dad

Sorry you were triggered, lol. I didn't know talking about HOCO divisions was that controversial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay in your lane.

Signed,
Team MD Dad

Easy there Big Girl, Time to relax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means Team MD should have stayed in AAA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who went AAA and AA? That is where all the issue is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you really just a criticize a post and then you ask about the "issue" in AAA and AA. There might be 1 team moving from AAA to elite; and 1 from AA to AAA. Who cares about rec ball AA? Go ask your coach or club contact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you really just a criticize a post and then you ask about the "issue" in AAA and AA. There might be 1 team moving from AAA to elite; and 1 from AA to AAA. Who cares about rec ball AA? Go ask your coach or club contact.

I don't even know what the "issue" is - can somebody clue me in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis will not move up because that means an 0-8 record that is not good for business!! Keeping the revenue strong comes first!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis will not move up because that means an 0-8 record that is not good for business!! Keeping the revenue strong comes first!!

Well, either True, Sidewinders or Zingos are going to have to move up. I know for a fact that Zingos and Sidewinders begged not to be in Elite last year. Ultimately Ricky forced Sidewinders to play elite. SInce True Annapolis was a relatively new team they were allowed to go where they had requested (AAA).

If you take any stock in the US Club Lacrosse rankings, which certain teams love to boast about, True Annapolis would be in Elite.

If you know anything about these teams you will notice that they very rarely play each other(outside of HoCo). Hmmm, I wonder why?

Is playing in the Elite DIvision going to be extremely tough and sometimes a little humiliating for these teams? Yes.

At the end of the season are they going to be a better team because of being forced to play at the highest level. Absolutely.

If your Son's goal is to always be getting better, to play the best lacrosse that he can, so that he can play at that top school he has his hopes on, then these Coaches need to stop hiding in AAA and step up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So no one knows what the divisions are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even Hoco. Divisions won't be set until the week after March 4th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone playing in the Elite6 tournament on February 26th at Blandair Park in Columbia?

elitesixchallenge.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really I don't think there is much change in the divisional alignment, only a few questions. Season opens on Saturday March 26th for '26 & '27 grad years and concludes the weekend of May 21st & 22nd. That makes for a 7 game schedule (assuming taking Easter w/e off as usual) unless there is a similar scheduling as last season where some teams played two games in a weekend. (Note that the numbers DO NOT indicate division standings, only serve as team count for that division).

Elite
1) Who will fill out the bottom two spots? My guess based on last spring and this fall results is that Team MD (White) will stay put and True Annapolis swaps with Sidewinders (as noted previously, Zingos doesn't like their players to be challenged so they won't move up). Best guess for teams:

E1 - Hawks
E2 - Next Level
E3 - ML Capital
E4 - Crabs
E5 - FCA MD
E6 - Team 91
E7 - Team MD
E8 - True Annapolis Green

AAA
With Mesa MD folding, Looney's apparently not fielding a '27 team and assuming the TA Green moves to Elite, that leaves two openings to fill out an 8-team division. So one question is do any teams from AA move up? None of the AA teams had any notable wins last fall as all the games H2H with other HoCo teams were mostly from A and B divisions. If a team moves it is most likely only Madlax DMV, and there is no information on any new programs (other than MD Predators which will be discussed below). If so then AAA looks like:

3A1 - Sidewinders Black
3A2 - Zingos Black
3A3 - VLC
3A4 - True KP
3A5 - Kooper's
3A6 - BLC Blue
3A7 - Madlax DMV
3A8 - Open?

AA
With the cascading effect of one team from both AAA and AA moving up, there would be an opening in the AA Division. Similar to the teams in this division, none of the A division teams had any notable wins which could be considered for the purposes of moving to AA, and historically established teams from A and B don't move up. So the big question is are Predators MD allowed to debut here or will they be regulated to A or B? Given the winless nature of their fall season I would bet on A or B. So then AA looks like:

2A1 - Team Maryland Red
2A2 - Gator Lacrose Club
2A3 - Cavalier
2A4 - True DC (formerly East Side Lacrosse)
2A5 - LTLC
2A6 - True Annapolis White
2A7 - BLC Orange
2A8 - Open?

A
Don't really see much change here, but there is potential if any of these teams decide (coerced?) to move to AA or if a new program is able to field a team (rumor mill has it that Baltimore Elite Lacrosse may have a '27 team this year). All things being equal, A could look like:

A1 - ALC Bay Raiders
A2 - True Baltimore
A3 - MD Cannons
A4 - HoCo Black
A5 - Rockfish Purple
A6 - Baltimore Swarm
A7 - Breakers
A8 - Zingos Blue

B
Over the past few years we've seen more rec programs offering a "club component" to provide more playing time and more competition for their teams (HLC, Kelly Post, OBGC, etc). This may the most challenging division to predict given the nature of these rec programs. But with some new additions to existing programs (Sidewinders, Rockfish, & MDX) and my guess that Predators will need to prove themselves in B, this is one guess for this division.

B1 - HLC
B2 - Ground Control
B3 - Top Caliber
B4 - Sidewinders Volt
B5 - MDX Red
B6 - Rockfish Neon
B7 - MDX North Blue
B8 - Predators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really I don't think there is much change in the divisional alignment, only a few questions. Season opens on Saturday March 26th for '26 & '27 grad years and concludes the weekend of May 21st & 22nd. That makes for a 7 game schedule (assuming taking Easter w/e off as usual) unless there is a similar scheduling as last season where some teams played two games in a weekend. (Note that the numbers DO NOT indicate division standings, only serve as team count for that division).

Elite
1) Who will fill out the bottom two spots? My guess based on last spring and this fall results is that Team MD (White) will stay put and True Annapolis swaps with Sidewinders (as noted previously, Zingos doesn't like their players to be challenged so they won't move up). Best guess for teams:

E1 - Hawks
E2 - Next Level
E3 - ML Capital
E4 - Crabs
E5 - FCA MD
E6 - Team 91
E7 - Team MD

AAA
With Mesa MD folding, Looney's apparently not fielding a '27 team and assuming the TA Green moves to Elite, that leaves two openings to fill out an 8-team division. So one question is do any teams from AA move up? None of the AA teams had any notable wins last fall as all the games H2H with other HoCo teams were mostly from A and B divisions. If a team moves it is most likely only Madlax DMV, and there is no information on any new programs (other than MD Predators which will be discussed below). If so then AAA looks like:

3A1 - Sidewinders Black
3A2 - Zingos Black
3A3 - VLC
3A4 - True KP
3A5 - Kooper's
3A6 - BLC Blue
3A7 - Madlax DMV
3A8 - Open?

B1 - HLC
B2 - Ground Control
B3 - Top Caliber
B4 - Sidewinders Volt
B5 - MDX Red
B6 - Rockfish Neon
B7 - MDX North Blue
B8 - Predators

So the entire Looneys 2027 squad goes to Predators and suddenly they go from AAA to B? That's weird.

Having seen them play VLC (I believe it was a 1 point game until an onslaught of VLC points at the end of the game), they are not horrible and should be lower AAA or top of AA. Based on that one game I saw, they would beat any team you listed in B, A, and probably AA. In your AAA list, they would not beat Zingoes, SW, VLC, BLC and 50/50 on Kelly Post. They would absolutely beat Madlax DMV, who should be in AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Hawks fielding a WSYL team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] So the entire Looneys 2027 squad goes to Predators and suddenly they go from AAA to B? That's weird.

Having seen them play VLC (I believe it was a 1 point game until an onslaught of VLC points at the end of the game), they are not horrible and should be lower AAA or top of AA. Based on that one game I saw, they would beat any team you listed in B, A, and probably AA. In your AAA list, they would not beat Zingoes, SW, VLC, BLC and 50/50 on Kelly Post. They would absolutely beat Madlax DMV, who should be in AA.[/quote]

Except that they lost to Madlax DMV in the fall. Also winless in the fall and last spring as Looney's (plus 4-18 in the summer as Looney's). I could see them making a case for A but not AA or above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] So the entire Looneys 2027 squad goes to Predators and suddenly they go from AAA to B? That's weird.

Having seen them play VLC (I believe it was a 1 point game until an onslaught of VLC points at the end of the game), they are not horrible and should be lower AAA or top of AA. Based on that one game I saw, they would beat any team you listed in B, A, and probably AA. In your AAA list, they would not beat Zingoes, SW, VLC, BLC and 50/50 on Kelly Post. They would absolutely beat Madlax DMV, who should be in AA.

Except that they lost to Madlax DMV in the fall. Also winless in the fall and last spring as Looney's (plus 4-18 in the summer as Looney's). I could see them making a case for A but not AA or above.[/quote]

My son plays for VLC and I saw the Predators this fall. They gave us and Bethesda a good game. We scored a couple late to win. MLDMV was sharing players all tournament, surprise, surprise. So take that score for what it's worth. The Predators are probably upper AA or lower AAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are Hawks fielding a WSYL team?[/quote

Impossible. Their on age kids held back to 28 and their best kids still with 27s are actually 26s.

Their stud middie and attack would have had to play last year which I heard they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Heard they were, maybe not after last years team failed to make the final 4. Guess when you have to play on age you get exposed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite

E1 - Hawks
E2 - Next Level
E3 - ML Capital
E4 - Crabs
E5 - FCA MD
E6 - Team 91
E7 - Team MD

AAA

3A1 - Sidewinders Black
3A2 - Zingos Black
3A3 - VLC
3A4 - True KP
3A5 - Kooper's
3A6 - BLC Blue
3A7 - Madlax DMV
3A8 - Open?

AA
With the cascading effect of one team from both AAA and AA moving up, there would be an opening in the AA Division. Similar to the teams in this division, none of the A division teams had any notable wins which could be considered for the purposes of moving to AA, and historically established teams from A and B don't move up. So the big question is are Predators MD allowed to debut here or will they be regulated to A or B? Given the winless nature of their fall season I would bet on A or B. So then AA looks like:

2A1 - Team Maryland Red
2A2 - Gator Lacrose Club
2A3 - Cavalier
2A4 - True DC (formerly East Side Lacrosse)
2A5 - LTLC
2A6 - True Annapolis White
2A7 - BLC Orange
2A8 - Open?

A
Don't really see much change here, but there is potential if any of these teams decide (coerced?) to move to AA or if a new program is able to field a team (rumor mill has it that Baltimore Elite Lacrosse may have a '27 team this year). All things being equal, A could look like:

A1 - ALC Bay Raiders
A2 - True Baltimore
A3 - MD Cannons
A4 - HoCo Black
A5 - Rockfish Purple
A6 - Baltimore Swarm
A7 - Breakers
A8 - Zingos Blue

B
Over the past few years we've seen more rec programs offering a "club component" to provide more playing time and more competition for their teams (HLC, Kelly Post, OBGC, etc). This may the most challenging division to predict given the nature of these rec programs. But with some new additions to existing programs (Sidewinders, Rockfish, & MDX) and my guess that Predators will need to prove themselves in B, this is one guess for this division.

B1 - HLC
B2 - Ground Control
B3 - Top Caliber
B4 - Sidewinders Volt
B5 - MDX Red
B6 - Rockfish Neon
B7 - MDX North Blue
B8 - Predators

Only 32 teams have registered for 2027. That would make 4 divisions, 8 teams each.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only team i know from this area playing WSYL at this age is True.

It’s crazy how whenever the focus shifts to aged based lacrosse everyone around here suddenly has something else to do that day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s crazy how whenever the focus shifts to aged based lacrosse everyone around here suddenly has something else to do that day.

So true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True is in it because they are the ones running it and it is a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year and years before they were hundreds of area kids participating. So your statement doesn't hold water.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's just another tournament on the schedule this year. If True Annapolis is the only DC/Balt competitve team, I wouldn't imagine it will be a very good tournament. Kind of like an Aloha 2nd tier tourney. Why is it a disaster and are the Long Island teams taking it seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the entire Looneys 2027 squad goes to Predators and suddenly they go from AAA to B? That's weird.

Except that they lost to Madlax DMV in the fall. Also winless in the fall and last spring as Looney's (plus 4-18 in the summer as Looney's). I could see them making a case for A but not AA or above.[/quote]

My son plays for VLC and I saw the Predators this fall. They gave us and Bethesda a good game. We scored a couple late to win. MLDMV was sharing players all tournament, surprise, surprise. So take that score for what it's worth. The Predators are probably upper AA or lower AAA.[/quote]

LOL I have no love for Madlax or Predators but we were at that tournament and I laughed at loud at the (noticeably larger) "DMV 2027" players shuffling in and out, pre-game. I hope they didn't lose any games that tournament, because that would just be embarrassing. I believe they "accidentally" got bracketed against 2028 Predators as well. Oops!

Why the Preds directors would be so cavalier as to enter a ML event with every factor (sketchy roster subs, holdbacks, actual talent, cohesive teams) stacked against your Looneys Heroes is a mystery too, ha ha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year and years before they were hundreds of area kids participating. So your statement doesn't hold water.

Has any area team ever won or come close to winning ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except that they lost to Madlax DMV in the fall. Also winless in the fall and last spring as Looney's (plus 4-18 in the summer as Looney's). I could see them making a case for A but not AA or above.

My son plays for VLC and I saw the Predators this fall. They gave us and Bethesda a good game. We scored a couple late to win. MLDMV was sharing players all tournament, surprise, surprise. So take that score for what it's worth. The Predators are probably upper AA or lower AAA.

LOL I have no love for Madlax or Predators but we were at that tournament and I laughed at loud at the (noticeably larger) "DMV 2027" players shuffling in and out, pre-game. I hope they didn't lose any games that tournament, because that would just be embarrassing. I believe they "accidentally" got bracketed against 2028 Predators as well. Oops!

Why the Preds directors would be so cavalier as to enter a ML event with every factor (sketchy roster subs, holdbacks, actual talent, cohesive teams) stacked against your Looneys Heroes is a mystery too, ha ha.

Predators are up for any challenge, unlike many holdback teams. Sorry your son didnt make Predators this year, always next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Black ops placed 4th last year and that was a super team made up of multiple clubs and hawks placed 6th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Black ops placed 4th last year and that was a super team made up of multiple clubs and hawks placed 6th.

I guess it’s good news that lacrosse is grade based not age based.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If lacrosse was age based every team would look different. Imagine the reverse ripple and shuffling of players to form all age based teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators are up for any challenge, unlike many holdback teams. Sorry your son didnt make Predators this year, always next year

So Preds are registered for the March Kickoff Invitational AA division? Should be fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If lacrosse was age based every team would look different. Imagine the reverse ripple and shuffling of players to form all age based teams.

Imagine how different some allegedly super star players parents would feel. holdback parents have feelings to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if there was world peace Russia wouldn't have 200k troops on the border of Ukraine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my kid plays for a team that won’t be fielding a WSYL roster. He is bummed and has been looking forward to playing for a long time.

Besides true are there any other teams around here that might try to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my kid plays for a team that won’t be fielding a WSYL roster. He is bummed and has been looking forward to playing for a long time.

Hawks Madlax could probably use some on age players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top three 2027 teams in HoCo (NextLevel, Hawks, and MadLax) are loaded with holdbacks. You would be hard pressed to field a world series team combining all three, which is probably why none of them are participating. Not a complaint, just a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top three 2027 teams in HoCo (NextLevel, Hawks, and MadLax) are loaded with holdbacks. You would be hard pressed to field a world series team combining all three, which is probably why none of them are participating. Not a complaint, just a fact.

They have age appropriate kids in each of those programs, why not compete vs other who are all using U13 players.

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 72 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard