BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,053
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 73 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
California parent here. Just wanted to share update on American Select as we had our tryouts last weekend. Stanford players were the evaluators. Coaches for teams were NOT present. Seems about as unbiased as you can get. Team rosters will be made public later this week I am told.

So a bunch of 22 players figured out the best players from the tryout and no complaints ? Please have them do all the tryouts and all will agree with the picks for once.

Unfortunately, parents will always complain. Many parents are not able to honestly assess their child’s abilities. September 1 is approaching and the college coaches will make their opinions known. The recruiting process generally lets players and parents know just where the player stands in relation to others. Just encourage your daughter to work hard and have fun. There is a good fit for everyone, help your daughter find it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weiners team won the UNC 7v7. Lots of talent on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought legacy did?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought legacy did?

Mixed team with legacy and YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought legacy did?

Mixed team with legacy and YJ

All of them will now get offers to UNC and anyone that lost will not. Congrats on the win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
California parent here. Just wanted to share update on American Select as we had our tryouts last weekend. Stanford players were the evaluators. Coaches for teams were NOT present. Seems about as unbiased as you can get. Team rosters will be made public later this week I am told.

So a bunch of 22 players figured out the best players from the tryout and no complaints ? Please have them do all the tryouts and all will agree with the picks for once.

Unfortunately, parents will always complain. Many parents are not able to honestly assess their child’s abilities. September 1 is approaching and the college coaches will make their opinions known. The recruiting process generally lets players and parents know just where the player stands in relation to others. Just encourage your daughter to work hard and have fun. There is a good fit for everyone, help your daughter find it.

There is a flip side to the anti-parent (parents will always complain) narrative. There are girls who go through this whole process, unproclaimed by politics and not pushed by club coaches or directors. Girls who just didn’t fit the narrative that a coach or director deemed “elite”. This is especially true when you enter parent coaches in the mix, or have directors pushing favors (and yes that definitely happens). Yet that same player garners the utmost interest among college coaches come recruiting years. Yes it happens, my daughter never received the praise or push that a few seemed to get on the elite team, but I can tell you, she received much more attention than nearly all those girls pushed by the club, come recruiting time. Truth is, a club had one person making a choice on a player, a single opinion. One opinion really should not make make or break a player, but sadly it has too much influence in travel lacrosse. The truth comes out during recruiting, when a player, not valued by the travel team coach/director, literally blows away the rest of the team with college coach interest during recruiting, from elite teams and mind blowing scholarship offers. This is a shout out to parents deemed as complainers. Of course the parents of the acclaimed kids will always call out poo-poo. Travel lacrosse is a dirty, sleezy necessity, but not all kids who are not deemed “elite” by the coach or director are doomed. Sadly (1) single travel coach with an agenda, can largely influence a girl’s college career or path based upon that single opinion, and that opinion may be serious wrong. Hopefully you can battle through and catch the opinion of the 350 D1coaches instead. I feel sad because I know it is hard to overcome, very luckily my daughter did! A light of hope for you who know there are definitely politics involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a flip side to the anti-parent (parents will always complain) narrative. There are girls who go through this whole process, unproclaimed by politics and not pushed by club coaches or directors. Girls who just didn’t fit the narrative that a coach or director deemed “elite”. This is especially true when you enter parent coaches in the mix, or have directors pushing favors (and yes that definitely happens). Yet that same player garners the utmost interest among college coaches come recruiting years. Yes it happens, my daughter never received the praise or push that a few seemed to get on the elite team, but I can tell you, she received much more attention than nearly all those girls pushed by the club, come recruiting time. Truth is, a club had one person making a choice on a player, a single opinion. One opinion really should not make make or break a player, but sadly it has too much influence in travel lacrosse. The truth comes out during recruiting, when a player, not valued by the travel team coach/director, literally blows away the rest of the team with college coach interest during recruiting, from elite teams and mind blowing scholarship offers. This is a shout out to parents deemed as complainers. Of course the parents of the acclaimed kids will always call out poo-poo. Travel lacrosse is a dirty, sleezy necessity, but not all kids who are not deemed “elite” by the coach or director are doomed. Sadly (1) single travel coach with an agenda, can largely influence a girl’s college career or path based upon that single opinion, and that opinion may be serious wrong. Hopefully you can battle through and catch the opinion of the 350 D1coaches instead. I feel sad because I know it is hard to overcome, very luckily my daughter did! A light of hope for you who know there are definitely politics involved.

You are actually making the point of the post that you are responsible to. “College coaches will make their opinions known” and “the recruiting process generally lets players and parents know where the player stands in relation to others “. Politics has nothing to do with it. The coaches watch players compete and they make offers to the players that they believe are the best and can help their program. Not sure where you come up with the one person theory? BTW, there will always be a lot of parents who complain and believe that their daughter is a top tier player when in reality she is not and will not receive any offers from Top Tier College Programs and the reason is not politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournaments are 24s doing next year?

Presidents cup is probably the biggest one for the fall season

The Summer tournaments are far more important than any fall tournament. The first 2 tournaments of the summer are the biggest. The blue chip players will be recruited prior to the fall tournaments being played.

The top 10 recruits will get spots before any fall tournaments, but that’s not the majority of kids. If your kid is one of those top ten kudos to you, but there aren’t many kids who get that chance. For the general recruits, the majority, presidents cup is the biggest. The fall for the 24s is very important.

The fall is important for those who didn’t use prior fall to get moving to some camps during winter, spring and summer to colleges that daughter likes and more importantly is a fit for scholastically and athletically and coaches are possibly showing interest. To get those 9/1 calls coaches want to see you play not be forced to buy a new car that they have limited garage space for on reputation alone. There’s a lot of really good kids and really good kids with great reputations and way too many average kids with great “reputations”. Show them your not just reputation
Best luck to kids

If your team put you into good tournaments this past fall and this summer and your kid did their homework this winter you are in a really good spot going into fall.

If your team didn’t put you in a good place this fall and you weren’t proactive this winter, then you definitely need a strong 2022 fall

What do you constitute for a good place this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't write the post about fall events, but here's my take.

College coaches will be at Mid-Atlantic in November as well as Presidents Cup in Dallas.

On day 2 of Mid-Atlantic there were a ton of college coaches watching the 2024 players, with a huge line-up watching Lakeshore vs. M&D Black. Post game, they were around watching the other 2024s trying to figure out who is good and putting together their lists.

Not as many coaches were watching 2024s at Presidents Cup, as they were more focused on the 2023s and some of the last 2022s to fill out the rosters. I fully expect both of these events to be fertile recruiting grounds this fall for the 2024 players. These are the two best fall events for recruiting, IMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches will be at Mid-Atlantic in November as well as Presidents Cup in Dallas.

On day 2 of Mid-Atlantic there were a ton of college coaches watching the 2024 players, with a huge line-up watching Lakeshore vs. M&D Black. Post game, they were around watching the other 2024s trying to figure out who is good and putting together their lists.

Not as many coaches were watching 2024s at Presidents Cup, as they were more focused on the 2023s and some of the last 2022s to fill out the rosters. I fully expect both of these events to be fertile recruiting grounds this fall for the 2024 players. These are the two best fall events for recruiting, IMO.

We had a lot at mid Atlantic and rivalry as well. Presidents cup our sidelines were also heavily stacked with d1 coaches except for the final day where we only had 4-5. The other days we had coaches from top 20 programs which was exciting for the kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may be true but this fall was much too soon for 2024.
Ask the college coaches and they will tell you. 2022 are still being signed and look how many 2023s are committing every single day. Go to a D1 showcase this winter and see many 2022 and 2023. Hear the coaches say there are plenty of spots for 2023. Some good D3 programs telling only 2022 and 2023 to come to on campus showcases. Nescac and Liberty conference holding on campus showcases and only opening it up to 2022 and 2023.
Still plenty of time and a long way to go for 2024.
Enjoy the ride and don’t let a crazy coach ruin the fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask the college coaches and they will tell you. 2022 are still being signed and look how many 2023s are committing every single day. Go to a D1 showcase this winter and see many 2022 and 2023. Hear the coaches say there are plenty of spots for 2023. Some good D3 programs telling only 2022 and 2023 to come to on campus showcases. Nescac and Liberty conference holding on campus showcases and only opening it up to 2022 and 2023.

No one is arguing that 22 and 23 kids are still getting looks but you are blind if you don’t realize that this year is important for the 24s with recruiting. If you want d2 or D3 it’s a little less important if a year but for d1 sop more year is important. This isn’t coming from my coach or program but my experience with my 2022 daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is arguing that 22 and 23 kids are still getting looks but you are blind if you don’t realize that this year is important for the 24s with recruiting. If you want d2 or D3 it’s a little less important if a year but for d1 sop more year is important. This isn’t coming from my coach or program but my experience with my 2022 daughter.

I agree with the original poster, 2023 Girls are being signed now for many D1 and the D1 showcases are still looking at 22 and 23.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the original poster, 2023 Girls are being signed now for many D1 and the D1 showcases are still looking at 22 and 23.

22s are basically done except d3 maybe. If you are taking the advice that 24s arent being looked at nor need to be actively involved youre only hurting yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This Fall was important to cash in on the FOMO of the 2024 parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ProbBly the parent of a kid who didn’t have any coaches at their games all fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the poster who spoke of the importance of sophmore year based on his/her 22 daughter, I call BS. If you had a 22 you'd know that they didn't have a sophmore season of HS or summer due to covid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the poster who spoke of the importance of sophmore year based on his/her 22 daughter, I call BS. If you had a 22 you'd know that they didn't have a sophmore season of HS or summer due to covid.

still got to play in sophomore tournaments and coaches live streamed the games or watched film from them and spoke to our coaches about them so please tell me how you know more than what happened with my family

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the prior poster but I also have a 2022. She did have a fall of sophomore year. Her team has coaches on the sidelines of all her fall tournaments including Presidents Cup. She also attended camps that fall and winter until Covid shut everything down around March timeframe. Even though Covid shut down her spring high school season she did play summer tournaments. No coaches were allowed because of NCAA blackout with Covid that summer so all games were filmed and given to players.( I specifically remember She played mid Atlantic and at the DE complex in a tournament that replaced G8 that summer which was canceled). We made a summer highlight video to send to coaches. She committed third week of Sept her junior year. I will say she did play midfield for a top lacrosse team and was on a well known high school varsity team as well (although as stated did not get a sophomore year). She had teammates that committed earlier than her and some that committed as late as the following summer before senior year. So the journey is not the same for everyone. But yes, the higher D1 coaches do watch sophomores in their fall tournaments. The mid to lower D1 will have a slightly later recruiting schedule and D3 will start almost a full year behind high D1 with recruiting.
So yes this fall coaches will still be watching 2024 but the top 2025s will have high D1 coaches on their sidelines.
I hope this helps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soph is is huge though I didn’t post that. If it doesn’t go well of you on bench say on a great HS team behind than summer tournaments and some prospect camps are even more valuable. If you want the September 1st calls they are earned HS and / or Summer season with some Sophomore fall / winter early impressing of coaches.
Vast majority of Top D1 is done before November tournaments. Middle D1 mostly done and rest partially done. Past years usually 50+% verbal commits before Fall ball junior year..Plenty kids commit after Fall ball but it’s usually the lower tier D1’s ( in Strength of winning not of academics etc )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheers to the parents who have gone through this speaking facts! Not sure why someone on here wants everyone to think that 24s past fall wasn’t important. Seems odd to me. I’m assuming there is an anterior motive behind trying to convince the internet anonymously that fall didn’t matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheers to the parents who have gone through this speaking facts! Not sure why someone on here wants everyone to think that 24s past fall wasn’t important. Seems odd to me. I’m assuming there is an anterior motive behind trying to convince the internet anonymously that fall didn’t matter.

This past Fall puts your daughter on the coaches radar. That will draw the coaches to the first couple of summer tournaments the sidelines will be lined with coaches. As the summer progresses less coaches show up. The top D1 coaches will be done with their 24s by the time Fall ball comes around and have moved onto the 25s. The Top D1 coaches at the Presidents Cup were there to watch he girls that they had already committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt that somebody is relentlessly trying to cash in on FOMO.
Anybody who went to the fall tourneys and has been active knows that fall was severely overhyped.
Anything we did stuff may help but it’s not anything that we wouldn’t have seen in the spring, summer and fall.
It’s a long way to go for the 2024 group. Some will get offers on 9/1 while most will play out over the course of late fall, winter, spring, summer of senior and maybe fall of senior year. Enjoy it and don’t stress.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No doubt that somebody is relentlessly trying to cash in on FOMO.
Anybody who went to the fall tourneys and has been active knows that fall was severely overhyped.
Anything we did stuff may help but it’s not anything that we wouldn’t have seen in the spring, summer and fall.
It’s a long way to go for the 2024 group. Some will get offers on 9/1 while most will play out over the course of late fall, winter, spring, summer of senior and maybe fall of senior year. Enjoy it and don’t stress.

Exactly! Business owners say "50% of my advertising works, I just don't know which 50%." Recruiting is the same way. You never know what will get you noticed. Could be a tournament, showcase, camp,high school game or a highlight video. Do what you want to do, do what you can afford to do and have the time to do. Don't worry about what others do. Also think about things you have done in the past that in hindsight didn't make sense and things that did. I'm sure we can all look in the rear view mirror an think of things we were pressured into doing by coaches or other parents that turned out to be mistakes. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about presidents cup for the 2024s. We had more coaches watching at Lax For the Cure than Mid Atlantic. Maybe it was because we played more high quality teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the prior poster but I also have a 2022. She did have a fall of sophomore year. Her team has coaches on the sidelines of all her fall tournaments including Presidents Cup. She also attended camps that fall and winter until Covid shut everything down around March timeframe. Even though Covid shut down her spring high school season she did play summer tournaments. No coaches were allowed because of NCAA blackout with Covid that summer so all games were filmed and given to players.( I specifically remember She played mid Atlantic and at the DE complex in a tournament that replaced G8 that summer which was canceled). We made a summer highlight video to send to coaches. She committed third week of Sept her junior year. I will say she did play midfield for a top lacrosse team and was on a well known high school varsity team as well (although as stated did not get a sophomore year). She had teammates that committed earlier than her and some that committed as late as the following summer before senior year. So the journey is not the same for everyone. But yes, the higher D1 coaches do watch sophomores in their fall tournaments. The mid to lower D1 will have a slightly later recruiting schedule and D3 will start almost a full year behind high D1 with recruiting.
So yes this fall coaches will still be watching 2024 but the top 2025s will have high D1 coaches on their sidelines.
I hope this helps

To be clear, mid to lower level D1 are still watching in sophomore year and early junior year, they just aren't making offers on 9/1 because they are looking to see which of their targets didnt get top 25 offers.

As an example Central Michigan had 4 23s commit within the last 10 days. a couple of those girls were from top clubs where I assume they didn't get the top 25 offers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree about presidents cup for the 2024s. We had more coaches watching at Lax For the Cure than Mid Atlantic. Maybe it was because we played more high quality teams.

Top clubs had lots of coaches at presidents cup. Coach were top end D1 that had pretty much wrapped up their classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People don't forget that your High School coach is an important role as well. Seems not enough people think it's important to play well in HS. That CAN get you noticed. Plenty of top D1 coaches speak with High School Varsity coaches to get info on a player they have interest in. It also works the other way also. Your HS coach can and do make calls in girls behalf. THEY KNOW THE GIRLS WAY BETTER than their travel coach knows them. That's a plain and simple fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It truthfully seems like whoever is saying that this fall didn’t matter and even that summer may not is either a coach/director whose team doesn’t have a strong schedule OR a manipulative parent looking to give their kid a one up by making it seem like you didn’t have to do work for recruiting this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It truthfully seems like whoever is saying that this fall didn’t matter and even that summer may not is either a coach/director whose team doesn’t have a strong schedule OR a manipulative parent looking to give their kid a one up by making it seem like you didn’t have to do work for recruiting this fall.

You are trying waaaaaay too hard to prove that the fall meant something. Why is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are trying waaaaaay too hard to prove that the fall meant something. Why is that?

I posted a single comment about fall on here so I know for a fact there is more than one individual giving the same opinion as mine about this past year. The original poster asked about next fall, and it turned into this past fall as an example of what tournaments were good ones. This page is about giving advice to help others is it not? I would assume that the multiple posters agreeing fall was important are doing so not to prove a point but to help other parents.

Is there a reason you want to attack anyone who says this year was important for 2024 recruiting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted a single comment about fall on here so I know for a fact there is more than one individual giving the same opinion as mine about this past year. The original poster asked about next fall, and it turned into this past fall as an example of what tournaments were good ones. This page is about giving advice to help others is it not? I would assume that the multiple posters agreeing fall was important are doing so not to prove a point but to help other parents.

Is there a reason you want to attack anyone who says this year was important for 2024 recruiting?

Wow,. I made one comment that you are trying very hard. I haven’t attacked anyone. Seems like you are the one attacking folks for posting their opinion.
Are you the BOTC bully that everyone is talking about?
Maybe a club/coach director or trainer that is trying to cash in on FOMO parents.
“Back off Warchild Seriously!!!”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow,. I made one comment that you are trying very hard. I haven’t attacked anyone. Seems like you are the one attacking folks for posting their opinion.
Maybe a club/coach director or trainer that is trying to cash in on FOMO parents.

I’m not the poster you’re replying to but one of the others who agreed this past 24 fall was important. You are the only one arguing and stating otherwise. Your dialect when writing is exactly the same each did you post using the terms FOMO parents and constantly suggesting anything that goes against your opinion must be a coach, director, or person running an event. It’s unfortunate that whatever your reasoning is you feel the need to give false information and make false claims when parents are replying their experiences. Seems that you are the individual who needs to take a step back my friend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not the poster you’re replying to but one of the others who agreed this past 24 fall was important. You are the only one arguing and stating otherwise. Your dialect when writing is exactly the same each did you post using the terms FOMO parents and constantly suggesting anything that goes against your opinion must be a coach, director, or person running an event. It’s unfortunate that whatever your reasoning is you feel the need to give false information and make false claims when parents are replying their experiences. Seems that you are the individual who needs to take a step back my friend

Lol you are a fool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a feeling the person who is trying to say 2024s were not watched in the fall is either just trying to see if they can get people to respond and rile them up for fun or they were not on one of the more well known or more competitive teams in the bigger tournaments and may not have had coaches watching this fall. Either way… hopefully the people who come on here for real information can ignore the negativity and name calling and focus on the information they need! Thank you to the people who have been through the process and can give helpful information to first timers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a feeling the person who is trying to say 2024s were not watched in the fall is either just trying to see if they can get people to respond and rile them up for fun or they were not on one of the more well known or more competitive teams in the bigger tournaments and may not have had coaches watching this fall. Either way… hopefully the people who come on here for real information can ignore the negativity and name calling and focus on the information they need! Thank you to the people who have been through the process and can give helpful information to first timers.

People are expressing their opinion That’s what this site is. Sorry if it’s different than the agenda that you are pushing. You seem to be attempting to quiet or bully those that have a difference of opinion. You need to find a new hobby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many feel that the fall was overhyped. I agree with that and my kid doing all the camps ect. We are looking forward to the spring and summer.
Please, Let it go already

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol you are a fool!

Brother you need to relax this is girls lacrosse and you seem to have a weird vendetta against this past fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They probably just didn’t have coaches there so don’t know any better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all of you feaking out about recruiting...... a 2022 commmitted to Michigan yesterday.

Page 48 of 73 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard