Watch TDSports Live Stream Today: Smithtown West vs Sachem East Boys' Lacrosse at 4:30pm! Go-to Forums-BOTC Main Forum-HS Games Live Stream | TDSports. Enjoy!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
2028 Girls
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:18 PM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:14 PM
Boys 2031-3rd Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 11:13 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:44 PM
Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/15/22 10:40 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,061
Posts334,827
Members2,431
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #364057 01/25/22 09:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Trying to get a sense of summer showcases and prospect days. Anyone have thoughts /experience with TPS (The Player Series) June in Tinton Falls or the Elite 100 in July in Boston?

Complete money grabs

Why do you feel that these are money grabs. Any info would help. Thanks in advance

Coaches names are on the list and then they don't show up. Coaches are standing around not evaluating kids. Coaches get paid and they need the income to supplement their salary, therefore these big showcases are not great recruiting events.

Would have to agree with this. Juniors Open, Showtime and Main Stage are the best place to get looks. Coaches will spend most time watching the 24's during club season.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #364067 01/25/22 10:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about that. Went last year and the Duke coach spoke with all the kids via zoom a few days before. Daynof TPS he spoke with all the parents. Stood next to the Yale and Brown coach during one of the games. The coach of my kids team was the North Carolina offensive coordinator. Yes they are all money grabs but to say coaches are not involved is completely false for TPS. Maybe for other showcases though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364084 01/26/22 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU KNOW THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO THAT .....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364131 01/26/22 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just play well for your club, the sidelines will be full of coaches. Attend the prospect days of the schools you really like, other schools attend those prospect days as well. My son committed to Holy Cross after being seen at the Yale prospect day.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364136 01/26/22 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just play well for your club, the sidelines will be full of coaches. Attend the prospect days of the schools you really like, other schools attend those prospect days as well. My son committed to Holy Cross after being seen at the Yale prospect day.

How did that work? Was a Holy Cross coach there as well?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #364137 01/26/22 01:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU KNOW THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO THAT .....

Everyone is making money on this. IMLCA ran a tournament this winter (or at least sold their brand for it). There is a lot of money kicking around the system and everyone wants to get in on it. It does not mean your son does not get evaluated. The #1 thing you can do to get recruited is be a really good lacrosse player.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364145 01/26/22 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true but not the norm. From my experience most prospect days are just a single school. Yes, the sidelines are full of coaches for the top teams but if your kid is not on one of the top tier teams, there will not be a lot of coaches watching. In this case Individual showcases are important for some.
The coaches are paid to be there. Be honest with sons ability and try to place him the right showcases.. One of my kids attended a showcase that had D1, D2 and D3 coaches. the talent level at the showcase was very good but was not elite. the D1 coaches were active in the beginning during the drills period. once the games started they could have cared less They knew only a handful of those kids had what it took to play D1. The D2 and D3 coaches were very involved and checking their roster sheets. My point is it was a great showcase for most but the small handful of kids that had elite talent it was a waste. The coaches want to see your kid compete against elite talent for D1. D2 and D3 want to see your kid compete against talent that is equal to that level. I'm not trying to put down D2 and D3 (one of my kids plays D3) but the talent level between a top D1 school and say Suny Farmingdale or Suny Cortland is a huge difference

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #364162 01/26/22 04:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Holy Cross was there. Also in attendance, was Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Conn. College, Wesleyan and few others. I would say that in most of the prospect days that I have attended(Michigan being the exception) there have been other schools in attendance. Yale did not view any of these schools as a threat to their recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #365273 02/07/22 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to get a sense of summer showcases and prospect days. Anyone have thoughts /experience with TPS (The Player Series) June in Tinton Falls or the Elite 100 in July in Boston?

Complete money grabs

Why do you feel that these are money grabs. Any info would help. Thanks in advance

Coaches names are on the list and then they don't show up. Coaches are standing around not evaluating kids. Coaches get paid and they need the income to supplement their salary, therefore these big showcases are not great recruiting events.

Would have to agree with this. Juniors Open, Showtime and Main Stage are the best place to get looks. Coaches will spend most time watching the 24's during club season.

How about the Jim Stagnitta Showcase? Spotlight Lax....it seems he has a good amount of the higher end colleges going to it, I am assuming because he knows the older guys a little bit better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #365282 02/07/22 12:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Show 2024 is actually pretty loaded, well the Fall was. I am assuming the Summer will be too because its run by MADLAX.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #365445 02/08/22 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete money grabs

How about the Jim Stagnitta Showcase? Spotlight Lax....it seems he has a good amount of the higher end colleges going to it, I am assuming because he knows the older guys a little bit better.

One of the kids on our 23 team went last summer. He said there were a lot a of coaches there both heads and assistants, and if they saw a player they liked they def created dialogue with that player. He committed to a D1 school that was not at this showcase though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #365744 02/10/22 09:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Show 2024 is actually pretty loaded, well the Fall was. I am assuming the Summer will be too because its run by MADLAX.

Rumor is there are a lot of kids signed up for this already. Its also the 1st Showcase of the Summer so it should be loaded with college staff as they will be in full scouting mode.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #365747 02/10/22 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Showcases for 2024 (No Order)

The Show
Showtime
Blackcard
Five Star
Exposure
One Percent

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #365761 02/10/22 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Show
Showtime
Blackcard
Five Star
Exposure
One Percent

Add Juniors Open and Main Stage and its a good list.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #365763 02/10/22 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Show
Showtime
Blackcard
Five Star
Exposure
One Percent

As someone who just went through this and has a son (2023) committed to the Patriot League I have to say Juniors started everything for my son because it was the first and so well run. It was the first event that I ever attended where only one game at a time was being played and EVERY D1 coach was there and basically all HEAD COACHES not assistants to the assistants. They were all watching one game at a time and I thought that was huge. Also bc it was first the coaches were excited to watch HS lacrosse and they were all socializing with each other. This waned as the summer went on and you can see and feel it on the sidelines. After a few weeks the coaches want to get home and are less interested and start to move from field to field - again something that Juniors didn't have. My son went to Main Stage/Five Star/One Percent/Lax Nationals as well. Did not go to Showtime bc it was the day after Juniors. I could see that after Juniors there were some coaches that were watching my son at different events bc of Juniors. They would specifically come to some of his tourney games (not showcases) and this was aided by letters to the coaches telling the coach what events my son was going to. He sent all the letters and gave details as to fields etc... Didn't really feel Five Star or One Percent moved the needle at all and not one coach reached out saying they saw him at that event but they did for Main Stag/Juniors and Lax Nationals. I don't know anything about The Show or Exposure (new events?). The one thing I will say is that at one of the events Gerry Byrne (coach at Harvard) spoke and he along with a cpl of other coaches said that their favorite events are the ones that the boys play with their high school teams (NHSLS/GEICO etc . . ) and that they value those above all others. They said it was the best lacrosse and that there was less ball hogging and hero ball and much better lacrosse to watch. Hope this helps for what its worth.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard