BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz did not even play anyone ranked, is why WP had the tougher schedule and were missing key players still No excuse when you think you are Number 1. As far as Express cant comment on that . Have heard they been in the mix as of late

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard Wolfpack is heading home early from Florida because they lost. Saw 8-4 thumping by the on age Primetime team but any truth that half the team headed to the airport?

On age? Sounds like you need to head back to the 5th grade forum.
So now Primetime and Westchester are hold back teams too? Laxachussets def but boy the excuses and arrogance are why people don’t like you all. Taz wins and acts like they’ve done it before. Face it. #1 in excuses, #2 on LI. Kids were good when ahead on puberty but now they can’t beat the team that went 1-4 and then say it’s because schedule was tough and they’re holdbacks. Why play? Great look for the Pack. Losers!!!!!!

I believe Primetimes dominate faceoff kid is from LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz did not even play anyone ranked, is why WP had the tougher schedule and were missing key players still No excuse when you think you are Number 1. As far as Express cant comment on that . Have heard they been in the mix as of late
Maybe but keep in mind Taz doesnt come on every message board and talk about how great they are and how much better they are than everyone else. Also, they beat the teams in front of them or lose and move on. They dont leave tournaments or make excuses like they were missing players. Wolfpack may have good lacrosse players but the org lacks the things that are important in life.
Primetime 1-4 and that constitutes the schedule being hard?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolfpack no 1 enough said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Wolfpack is heading home early from Florida because they lost. Saw 8-4 thumping by the on age Primetime team but any truth that half the team headed to the airport?

So now Primetime and Westchester are hold back teams too? Laxachussets def but boy the excuses and arrogance are why people don’t like you all. Taz wins and acts like they’ve done it before. Face it. #1 in excuses, #2 on LI. Kids were good when ahead on puberty but now they can’t beat the team that went 1-4 and then say it’s because schedule was tough and they’re holdbacks. Why play? Great look for the Pack. Losers!!!!!!

Other than they didnt have all their players, the schedule was hard and weather was unpredictable are we adding faceoffs to the reasons for losing?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only top ranking Pack has is lack of humility and most likely to be civil servants.

WP faceoff midfielder is best in the class. Doubt the Primetime kid dominated him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just not good enough to make a team on LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough schedule?????. They played 2 teams in the top 10 rankings and lost both games. I am sure we will hear from the bay port dad that his kid is hurt and that’s why they lost and he is still a “World Series champion”
Rankings WP number 1 is a joke. Taz is by far and away the best team on LI

Also you have to love how they send the team to FL but bring in a kid from PA instead of playing the boys who have been there for years. Great job promoting your kids in front of college coaches. Disgrace. Pack it up and go home
Looks like someone didn’t do their research. Hint:maybe go back a couple of years. Wolfpack never has OR will need to poach players.Your obsession over this team never ceases to amaze me. Take a breath. Life is short my friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough schedule?????. They played 2 teams in the top 10 rankings and lost both games. I am sure we will hear from the bay port dad that his kid is hurt and that’s why they lost and he is still a “World Series champion”

Also you have to love how they send the team to FL but bring in a kid from PA instead of playing the boys who have been there for years. Great job promoting your kids in front of college coaches. Disgrace. Pack it up and go home
Looks like someone didn’t do their research. Hint:maybe go back a couple of years. Wolfpack never has OR will need to poach players.Your obsession over this team never ceases to amaze me. Take a breath. Life is short my friend.

The lies and absolute nonsense out of the WP parents never ceases to amaze me.
### was with LIE for how long before being poached? Didnt bringing him over kick back someone with the team since the start?
### was Taz for how long before being poached?
Noting wrong with it but stop with the holier and better than thou. You have a good lacrosse team but the WORST parents.

Last edited by BiggLax; . Reason: Specific kids mentioned
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lies and absolute nonsense out of the WP parents never ceases to amaze me.
### was with LIE for how long before being poached? Didnt bringing him over kick back someone with the team since the start?
### was Taz for how long before being poached?
Noting wrong with it but stop with the holier and better than thou. You have a good lacrosse team but the WORST parents.

Honestly? Who cares ? The boys all get along. We have three of the best teams in the country here on the island ( Taz, 🐺, Express )… all of them are littered with future division 1 players. There’s a ton of other good teams out there as well… Next Level, Crabs, Mad Dog West, True Ill Premier, Eclipse… these boys will be future teammates. Sit back, relax and enjoy the next year and a half… bc I’m not goes by quicker than you think and you’ll miss all the time you got to spend with your sons.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly? Who cares ? The boys all get along. We have three of the best teams in the country here on the island ( Taz, 🐺, Express )… all of them are littered with future division 1 players. There’s a ton of other good teams out there as well… Next Level, Crabs, Mad Dog West, True Ill Premier, Eclipse… these boys will be future teammates. Sit back, relax and enjoy the next year and a half… bc I’m not goes by quicker than you think and you’ll miss all the time you got to spend with your sons.[/quote]

Well said 👍🥍💪

The top showcases are the most fun when these kids get to play together. I always stand there on the sidelines wondering who the meatheads from these boards are and thinking it must lax them off that their son has to get an assist or perfect clear or man/ball from a player on a team he hates!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly? Who cares ? The boys all get along. We have three of the best teams in the country here on the island ( Taz, 🐺, Express )… all of them are littered with future division 1 players. There’s a ton of other good teams out there as well… Next Level, Crabs, Mad Dog West, True Ill Premier, Eclipse… these boys will be future teammates. Sit back, relax and enjoy the next year and a half… bc I’m not goes by quicker than you think and you’ll miss all the time you got to spend with your sons.

Well said 👍🥍💪

The top showcases are the most fun when these kids get to play together. I always stand there on the sidelines wondering who the meatheads from these boards are and thinking it must lax them off that their son has to get an assist or perfect clear or man/ball from a player on a team he hates!!![/quote]

Exactly…trust the process and stop obsessing on who is the best. I laugh at claims like undefeated streaks or self proclaimed labels like “best club team ever”… just have fun and enjoy it with your child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the CBLaxers NY Showcase? Anyone go last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son went and it was terrible. They put coaches on the list who didn't show up. There was no interaction with the coaches and no coaching either. It was just games. Waste of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son went and it was terrible. They put coaches on the list who didn't show up. There was no interaction with the coaches and no coaching either. It was just games. Waste of money.

Very busy weekend of different events. I don’t think that anyone can expect a heavy recruiting experience…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The CB Laxers showcase was really bad last year! They put the kids in a indoor facility with terrible turf(a lot of kids got hurt), bad lighting and poor rotation and coaching. The poor Goalies got killed, all the field kids were just getting the ball and driving on the goal!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very busy weekend of different events. I don’t think that anyone can expect a heavy recruiting experience…

Winter recruiting events are money grabs for the rich, just go to prospect days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are prospect days generally in the spring/summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mostly Fall/winter - nothing in spring and some in late summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most will be in the summer, fall and winter. Not a lot of recruiting during the spring. Coaches are focused on their season January through May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are interested in a possible fit - how do you go about letting the school/coach know?

quote=Anonymous]

Most will be in the summer, fall and winter. Not a lot of recruiting during the spring. Coaches are focused on their season January through May.[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you are interested in a possible fit - how do you go about letting the school/coach know?

All schools have a recruiting form on the athletic page of their website. Fill out the form and attach highlight film. Then follow with an email. Your son should be sending the email. In the email list all showcases he will be attending this summer Remember the coaches can not contact your son in to 9/1 so this does not have to be done right now it can wait til the spring. Most coaches are concentrating on their season now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only top ranking Pack has is lack of humility and most likely to be civil servants.

WP faceoff midfielder is best in the class. Doubt the Primetime kid dominated him.

Not sure where you would get that he is the best in grade. He hasn't played against the top kids in his grade yet. Making all star in Fla where there wasn't even a FO kid on every team doesn't count buddy. Either does WSYL. He doesn't even have a current highlight video.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure where you would get that he is the best in grade. He hasn't played against the top kids in his grade yet. Making all star in Fla where there wasn't even a FO kid on every team doesn't count buddy. Either does WSYL. He doesn't even have a current highlight video.

You're a weirdo. Why would you know so much about a young kid??? Stop stalking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where you would get that he is the best in grade. He hasn't played against the top kids in his grade yet. Making all star in Fla where there wasn't even a FO kid on every team doesn't count buddy. Either does WSYL. He doesn't even have a current highlight video.[/quote]

You're a weirdo. Why would you know so much about a young kid??? Stop stalking.[/quote]

Nice try. Simple IG check and being half informed of 24 kids will get you that info. But if he is the best in grade, he is famous anyway, right Dad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to get a sense of summer showcases and prospect days. Anyone have thoughts /experience with TPS (The Player Series) June in Tinton Falls or the Elite 100 in July in Boston?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to get a sense of summer showcases and prospect days. Anyone have thoughts /experience with TPS (The Player Series) June in Tinton Falls or the Elite 100 in July in Boston?

Complete money grabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete money grabs

Why do you feel that these are money grabs. Any info would help. Thanks in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tons of college Coaches attending plus Duke coach runs it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete money grabs

Why do you feel that these are money grabs. Any info would help. Thanks in advance

Coaches names are on the list and then they don't show up. Coaches are standing around not evaluating kids. Coaches get paid and they need the income to supplement their salary, therefore these big showcases are not great recruiting events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete money grabs

Coaches names are on the list and then they don't show up. Coaches are standing around not evaluating kids. Coaches get paid and they need the income to supplement their salary, therefore these big showcases are not great recruiting events.

Would have to agree with this. Juniors Open, Showtime and Main Stage are the best place to get looks. Coaches will spend most time watching the 24's during club season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about that. Went last year and the Duke coach spoke with all the kids via zoom a few days before. Daynof TPS he spoke with all the parents. Stood next to the Yale and Brown coach during one of the games. The coach of my kids team was the North Carolina offensive coordinator. Yes they are all money grabs but to say coaches are not involved is completely false for TPS. Maybe for other showcases though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU KNOW THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO THAT .....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just play well for your club, the sidelines will be full of coaches. Attend the prospect days of the schools you really like, other schools attend those prospect days as well. My son committed to Holy Cross after being seen at the Yale prospect day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just play well for your club, the sidelines will be full of coaches. Attend the prospect days of the schools you really like, other schools attend those prospect days as well. My son committed to Holy Cross after being seen at the Yale prospect day.

How did that work? Was a Holy Cross coach there as well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU KNOW THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO THAT .....

Everyone is making money on this. IMLCA ran a tournament this winter (or at least sold their brand for it). There is a lot of money kicking around the system and everyone wants to get in on it. It does not mean your son does not get evaluated. The #1 thing you can do to get recruited is be a really good lacrosse player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true but not the norm. From my experience most prospect days are just a single school. Yes, the sidelines are full of coaches for the top teams but if your kid is not on one of the top tier teams, there will not be a lot of coaches watching. In this case Individual showcases are important for some.
The coaches are paid to be there. Be honest with sons ability and try to place him the right showcases.. One of my kids attended a showcase that had D1, D2 and D3 coaches. the talent level at the showcase was very good but was not elite. the D1 coaches were active in the beginning during the drills period. once the games started they could have cared less They knew only a handful of those kids had what it took to play D1. The D2 and D3 coaches were very involved and checking their roster sheets. My point is it was a great showcase for most but the small handful of kids that had elite talent it was a waste. The coaches want to see your kid compete against elite talent for D1. D2 and D3 want to see your kid compete against talent that is equal to that level. I'm not trying to put down D2 and D3 (one of my kids plays D3) but the talent level between a top D1 school and say Suny Farmingdale or Suny Cortland is a huge difference

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Holy Cross was there. Also in attendance, was Sacred Heart, Fairfield, Conn. College, Wesleyan and few others. I would say that in most of the prospect days that I have attended(Michigan being the exception) there have been other schools in attendance. Yale did not view any of these schools as a threat to their recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete money grabs

Would have to agree with this. Juniors Open, Showtime and Main Stage are the best place to get looks. Coaches will spend most time watching the 24's during club season.

How about the Jim Stagnitta Showcase? Spotlight Lax....it seems he has a good amount of the higher end colleges going to it, I am assuming because he knows the older guys a little bit better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Show 2024 is actually pretty loaded, well the Fall was. I am assuming the Summer will be too because its run by MADLAX.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard