BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 69 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At Patriot Games tournament in PA this weekend, Dukes HHH, BBL Black, Tri-State Black and STEPS in playoff. STEPS knocked off Leading Edge and lost to Dukes by 3. BBL and Dukes undefeated so far. STEPS 2-1, Tri-State 2-1. 4 other teams did not make playoffs including Leading Edge who beat True Blue and Terps + 6-7 Terps Black last week. In tri-state region, other than Turtles, a lot of parity. Dukes best team in 2017 age group in country in my opinion, and win at Crabfeast over Turtles and Crabs I think proves this point.

Look I don't even have a 2017 kid. But something smells fishy.... Prior to this summer Dukes were no match for turtles. Then all of a sudden, they're beating the turtles. They got that good in one season? I'm really tired of these out of state teams. Is this not the same Dukes team that going to the U15 championship? Come on, you know this team is loaded with kids that should be playing 2016. So they can't send the 2016 team cause they're too old. So they take any 2016 that may make cut off and drop them down into 2017 bracket to win a tourn. Bet they get hammered at u-15. Ya know, cause they'll be at a disadvantage playing kids there own age. Doesn't anyone see what's going on here?? I think LI teams should start pulling out of these tourns. Make these BS teams come here and run tourn with birth certificate proof. Then we'll see who wins. My bet, 3 of 4 finalists at u-15 all LI.

I am not a Dukes parent, in fact I am a NJ parent. However, I know most of the kids and ALL are going to be freshmen in the Fall and all obviously qualify for U15. Stop with the age stuff, it is really getting old as an excuse for LI. As said many, many, many times on this site it has to do with different cut off dates in different states for starting kindergarten.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 won, fl$ won, Gladiators lost in a final...Turtles idle...what is missing here? Terps Black go down and a father gets peeved?

91 won where??? fl$ won where??? Gladiators lost where?? C'mon MANNN. Lets try and keep it real.

Ok, lets "keep it real", what have the Terps Black done this summer? Where have they won? When have they played as a whole team? These other teams have stayed in tact, not addingdropping a player & played their schedule, no excuses. What have the Terps done to remain the "infamous" #2 on LI this summer?

Terps black are the undefeated champs of Univ of Maryland 2017 Young Guns Tournament over the last three days.
Congrats. Who did they beat in the tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 won, fl$ won, Gladiators lost in a final...Turtles idle...what is missing here? Terps Black go down and a father gets peeved?

91 won where??? fl$ won where??? Gladiators lost where?? C'mon MANNN. Lets try and keep it real.

Ok, lets "keep it real", what have the Terps Black done this summer? Where have they won? When have they played as a whole team? These other teams have stayed in tact, not addingdropping a player & played their schedule, no excuses. What have the Terps done to remain the "infamous" #2 on LI this summer?

Terps black are the undefeated champs of Univ of Maryland 2017 Young Guns Tournament over the last three days.

Who did they play? Scores?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. There were THREE 2017 teams there; it's a 2016 tournament, after all.

Terps are a fraud. Couldn't hang with the big programs at the real Young Guns tournament a few weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats. Who did they beat in the tournament?

This sounds like. Normal response. What's going on here?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The all the LI teams played well although lost
(Although last, I would attribute to better lacrosse
coaching). Biggest problem was the LI parents. In the
game against 83 a mother and father ran onto the
field and confronted a player not even involved in
a scirmish. It was embarrassing. Also witnessed were
the foul language and yelling by the LI parents on both
Gladiators and Team 91. This board should judge
parents on the sidelines and not the teams on the
field. Both Gladiators and 91 were 1-2 and their
parents couldn't have been louder and more obnoxious

91? We simply had a nice time, as always. I am a parent on the 2017 crew, and must say that although the team didn't do as well as usual, there was no problem at all. Strange. Have a nice summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black beat every team they played and won the Young Guns tournament in Maryland. There were teams from all over the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a lot of strong players at the Young Guns tournament from places like Texas and Central New [lacrosse]. Terps Black did what it took to win. Also six of the Terps Black kids had just completed the Jake Reed the three days before, so I would say it was a heck of a performance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I completely disagree with the notion that the Jake Reed wasnt worth it. There were plenty of strong players, so I am happy I spent the time and money on it. I am delighted there were no college coaches there, it is not the right time. This was about seeing how you stack up against great players in a showcase type of environment. Big difference from playing on your home team . Great learning experience, and I was also please with how my son played.

Brine on the other hand was full of 2018 and 2019 and while I would agree it was more fun, it was of far less value.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Patriot Games tournament in PA this weekend, Dukes HHH, BBL Black, Tri-State Black and STEPS in playoff. STEPS knocked off Leading Edge and lost to Dukes by 3. BBL and Dukes undefeated so far. STEPS 2-1, Tri-State 2-1. 4 other teams did not make playoffs including Leading Edge who beat True Blue and Terps + 6-7 Terps Black last week. In tri-state region, other than Turtles, a lot of parity. Dukes best team in 2017 age group in country in my opinion, and win at Crabfeast over Turtles and Crabs I think proves this point.

Look I don't even have a 2017 kid. But something smells fishy.... Prior to this summer Dukes were no match for turtles. Then all of a sudden, they're beating the turtles. They got that good in one season? I'm really tired of these out of state teams. Is this not the same Dukes team that going to the U15 championship? Come on, you know this team is loaded with kids that should be playing 2016. So they can't send the 2016 team cause they're too old. So they take any 2016 that may make cut off and drop them down into 2017 bracket to win a tourn. Bet they get hammered at u-15. Ya know, cause they'll be at a disadvantage playing kids there own age. Doesn't anyone see what's going on here?? I think LI teams should start pulling out of these tourns. Make these BS teams come here and run tourn with birth certificate proof. Then we'll see who wins. My bet, 3 of 4 finalists at u-15 all LI.

I am not a Dukes parent, in fact I am a NJ parent. However, I know most of the kids and ALL are going to be freshmen in the Fall and all obviously qualify for U15. Stop with the age stuff, it is really getting old as an excuse for LI. As said many, many, many times on this site it has to do with different cut off dates in different states for starting kindergarten.

as well as the grade repeaters and hold backs, come on be real..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just to inform you for the next rankings, GC went undefeated at Patriot Games and won each game by at least 6. They are now done for the summer,However, players attending private schools will not be allowed to try out in the fall. and GC has played fl$ twice and has beaten them twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps are a fraud. Couldn't hang with the big programs at the real Young Guns tournament a few weeks ago.

Not sure exactly how many were 2017 teams but in total there were 22 2016/ 2017 teams. Terps BLACK definitely played 2016 teams also because some of the opposing players had full on santa-type beards! Fact is that they were undefeated in a total of 5 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we knocking Team 91 or Gladiators? Team 91 won 2 tourneys, lost to Crabs by 1 in Beach Lax...Gladiators have fared well in most tourneys? Where has TB competed? Weak showing at Young Gunz and Terps??? C'mon, what have they done any better than 91 or Gladiators? Who has won in head to head games this year?

As we all know, invitations mean nothing. I can tell you as a parent of a kid on another 2017 team that played both the Gladiators and 91, they are no doubt two of the best travel teams around. If my memory is correct the Gladiators beat Terps Black in OBLL this year? Both the Gladiators and 91 are very well coached, and play disciplined, organized lacrosse. I would line up either against any team from anywhere and be confident they would win. Terps Black are a very good team as is TB, but I dont see how they are any better than either 91 or the Gladiators.

You're a joke. OBLL??? Know for a fact that most Terps Black kids played hs lax and didn't bother with the juvenile OBLL. Get real...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes are a a good team, but on any given weekend they can be beat by a number of teams,as has been proven several times by Terps Black. There is a lot of parity in the 2017 year and it depends on who is hot at the moment. When Terps Black plays to win( versus playing the kids whose parents wrote the big checks) they are very hard to beat. I think MC will get the team reorganized this fall to dominate the way his 2016 team is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we knocking Team 91 or Gladiators? Team 91 won 2 tourneys, lost to Crabs by 1 in Beach Lax...Gladiators have fared well in most tourneys? Where has TB competed? Weak showing at Young Gunz and Terps??? C'mon, what have they done any better than 91 or Gladiators? Who has won in head to head games this year?
Exactly, I believe the criteria was head to head and common opponents. now lets get serious the head to head between TB, Terps Black and 91 was in March since then the common opponents warrents Terps Black fallen down a few pegs. They lost to the Crabs by a few goals and from what people affiliated with The Express said were never in either game, while 91 Orange lost by 1 and was swarming at the end just ran out of time. Both lost to a very good team 91 just was better in doing so. but in your world it will never be enough,to knock the mighty Terps Black down

Not one LI team made it to the semi-finals in fl$ 3D tournament this weekend. Not Gladiators, 91, or fl$. 3D Colorado, 3D NE, Breakers from Baltimore and 83 lacrosse in semis, and Breaks vs. 3D Select CO in final. I guess it didn't advance the cause for the LI rankings for fl$, Gladiators, or 91 this weekend. Average showing at best.

Not a parent of anyone of these teams in this bracket, but it seems to me that because LI has so many teams, the talent is spread out and the top teams are somewhat diluted. Many other states put together 1-2 teams out of hundreds of kids to take on the road. I would think LI still has the deepest talent pool, but others are setting up more elite teams and are also catching up in talent as the sport grows each year.

Well, whatever, but WOW, were those 2017 kids OLD lookin! I've heard the bitchin and whining, but it's time to hold your kids back! Entire teams of 16 year olds, at the 2017 level. Doesn't seem fair, but if you can't beat em.....

I suggest to anyone who is interested in this topic to read "The Outliers" as featured on 60 minutes. Eye opening.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't get it. Wouldn't a 2017 team playing in a 2016 tourney that is champ an accomplishment?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black beat every team they played and won the Young Guns tournament in Maryland. There were teams from all over the country.

There were three 2017 teams there and none of them were any good. How about talking about how the Terps were soundly beaten by several teams at the real Young Guns - the 2017 tournament hosted by the Crabs.

The chest thumping in this forum is unreal. You dads need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weak competition, nice work for a B level team, congrats

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed until the Terps Black can say who they beat this past weekend besides Laxfactory and Iron Horse......did they beat any teams anyone ever heard of or even participated in a top tourney?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just to inform you for the next rankings, GC went undefeated at Patriot Games and won each game by at least 6. They are now done for the summer,However, players attending private schools will not be allowed to try out in the fall. and GC has played fl$ twice and has beaten them twice.

What division? I didn't see them in the 'AA' or even 'A' divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps also beat CT Chargers . All the teams they played were well coached and played fundamental lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2013:

Dukes: Beat turtles, west coast starz and crabs; lost to breakers, crabs.

Crabs: Beat Dukes, Breakers, VLC, 91, Gladiators; lost to west coast starz, dukes, VLC

West Coast Starz: Beat crabs, dukes, breakers; lost to turtles, dukes, VLC

Turtles: Beat Starz, Breakers; lost to Dukes

In 2013, top 4 2017 teams Dukes, Turtles, Crabs, and WC Starz in no particular order. team represent Philly, MD, LI, and West Coast. Parity is here and talent is widely distributed. Any team can win on any given day which makes this great competition for the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many of the 2017 kids on these teams are 1998 birth year or older

Pathetic how many kids are held back because of a sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all you NJ, MD, and other out of state parents just keeping your kids back so they can shine in a younger age bracket is no excuse...let's keep it real, they can drive to the tournament by themselves as a 2017 player..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw GC play recently in the patriot games and in my opinion they deserve a higher ranking.they are really showing how good a town team can be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps also beat CT Chargers . All the teams they played were well coached and played fundamental lacrosse.

Ok, so who else did they beat this past weekend at Young Guns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed until the Terps Black can say who they beat this past weekend besides Laxfactory and Iron Horse......did they beat any teams anyone ever heard of or even participated in a top tourney?

Ct Chargers Bolt something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2013:

Crabs: Beat Dukes, Breakers, VLC, 91, Gladiators; lost to west coast starz, dukes, VLC

In 2013, top 4 2017 teams Dukes, Turtles, Crabs, and WC Starz in no particular order. team represent Philly, MD, LI, and West Coast. Parity is here and talent is widely distributed. Any team can win on any given day which makes this great competition for the boys.
Agree with this and most balanced assessment I have seen on this forum in awhile. I believe right below these 4 you have Breakers, VLC, Terps Black, maybe 1-2 other LI teams (91, True Blue?), and probably BBL and Patriot from NJ. Don't get upset as I may be missing a few admittedly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why are we knocking Team 91 or Gladiators? Team 91 won 2 tourneys, lost to Crabs by 1 in Beach Lax...Gladiators have fared well in most tourneys? Where has TB competed? Weak showing at Young Gunz and Terps??? C'mon, what have they done any better than 91 or Gladiators? Who has won in head to head games this year?
Exactly, I believe the criteria was head to head and common opponents. now lets get serious the head to head between TB, Terps Black and 91 was in March since then the common opponents warrents Terps Black fallen down a few pegs. They lost to the Crabs by a few goals and from what people affiliated with The Express said were never in either game, while 91 Orange lost by 1 and was swarming at the end just ran out of time. Both lost to a very good team 91 just was better in doing so. but in your world it will never be enough,to knock the mighty Terps Black down

Not one LI team made it to the semi-finals in fl$ 3D tournament this weekend. Not Gladiators, 91, or fl$. 3D Colorado, 3D NE, Breakers from Baltimore and 83 lacrosse in semis, and Breaks vs. 3D Select CO in final. I guess it didn't advance the cause for the LI rankings for fl$, Gladiators, or 91 this weekend. Average showing at best.

Not a parent of anyone of these teams in this bracket, but it seems to me that because LI has so many teams, the talent is spread out and the top teams are somewhat diluted. Many other states put together 1-2 teams out of hundreds of kids to take on the road. I would think LI still has the deepest talent pool, but others are setting up more elite teams and are also catching up in talent as the sport grows each year.

Well, whatever, but WOW, were those 2017 kids OLD lookin! I've heard the bitchin and whining, but it's time to hold your kids back! Entire teams of 16 year olds, at the 2017 level. Doesn't seem fair, but if you can't beat em.....

I suggest to anyone who is interested in this topic to read "The Outliers" as featured on 60 minutes. Eye opening.....

Read the book, absolutely life changing stuff..... applies to this whole age debate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many of the 2017 kids on these teams are 1998 birth year or older

Pathetic how many kids are held back because of a sport

That's a pathetic statement. Why are you making judgment on personal decisions. There are plenty of reasons kids repeat and not just what you stated. But the bottom line is that it's no ones business. You're silly little jabs are not going to help your kid be a better player by bashing all the standout players in his grade. Nor is it going to get him to look better if you keep complaining. Good luck and hopefully you will do the right thing by your son and help him become a better player so he can make the teams he aspires for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2013:

Agree with this and most balanced assessment I have seen on this forum in awhile. I believe right below these 4 you have Breakers, VLC, Terps Black, maybe 1-2 other LI teams (91, True Blue?), and probably BBL and Patriot from NJ. Don't get upset as I may be missing a few admittedly.

Don't forget FCA from Maryland...beat both Breakers and VLC in tourney championships in the last couple weeks...FCA definitely on the level with Crabs, Turtles and Dukes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it. Unfortunately, lacrosse is one sport where there is no accountability for age requirements as found in other youth sports. But, from here on out these kids will be playing at the high school level and maybe someday in college; they will have to get used to this.
Let's stop worrying about who is better than who, which teams played the most/least competitive teams and won/lost, whether they "drove to the fields themselves, etc. Let them be the best they can be without blaming and knocking others. Teach them to play with their hearts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GC loses 2 defenseman and 3 middies as they are all going to Chaminade. 2 of the 3 middies didn't play at all while both defensemen started. It will be interesting to see how they do next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA has been impressive this year. VLC and Terps Black have taken a slight step back. Top 4 (Dukes Turtles Crabs WCS) sounds about right. Dukes being #1 in my opinion. BBL placed 4th in Young Gunz beating VLC and Denver but got pasted by the crabs in the semis. BBL is a good team on Saturday but Sunday they run out of gas only having 16-18 players. Patriots are a very good team but usually pick tourneys that arent stacked with top 20 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played in the U-15B-2 bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw GC play recently in the patriot games and in my opinion they deserve a higher ranking.they are really showing how good a town team can be.

Hey GC dad, they were in the equivalent of the D division at Pat Games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey GC dad, they were in the equivalent of the D division at Pat Games.
Please. The finalists in the U15 AA division at Patriot Games (two divisions above GC) were: Dukes (won it), BBL (runner-up), Tri-State Black and STEPS. STEPS knocked off Leading Edge to get in playoffs. Dukes on another level vs. other semi-finalists. Too much depth and athletes at every position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps black is the best team around right now no question

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember winter nationals terps beat dukes

Like Reply Quote
Page 64 of 69 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard