BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 126 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SPSG is the new McDonogh. Everyone is going to detest on MG just like they hated on CR when he was at the top. It’s just the way it is. She can handle it. Keep hating. Happy Thanksgiving.

I love MG but she has a loooooonggggg way to go to be close to what CR did. Not sure why the detest for SPSG after one year. McD is probably the favorite this season anyway. McD, SPSG and GCS should probably be the top 3. Maybe Maryvale close as well. SPSG lost most of their starters from last year.

I agree with the top three, but I think GCS may be the team to beat this year. I believe they have over 20 D1 commits on the roster.

Wishful thinking. The best thing about GCS is now at Maryvale. Unless GCS hires a game changing coach, the program has seen it's best days behind them.

They did bring in another coach. GCS is the team to beat this year, only lost 1 starter from last years team. And they will be in the B conference in less than 3 years.

Just why did BR leave GCS and go to MV?
Both programs with lots of potential.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG is the new McDonogh. Everyone is going to detest on MG just like they hated on CR when he was at the top. It’s just the way it is. She can handle it. Keep hating. Happy Thanksgiving.

I love MG but she has a loooooonggggg way to go to be close to what CR did. Not sure why the detest for SPSG after one year. McD is probably the favorite this season anyway. McD, SPSG and GCS should probably be the top 3. Maybe Maryvale close as well. SPSG lost most of their starters from last year.

I agree with the top three, but I think GCS may be the team to beat this year. I believe they have over 20 D1 commits on the roster.

Wishful thinking. The best thing about GCS is now at Maryvale. Unless GCS hires a game changing coach, the program has seen it's best days behind them.

They did bring in another coach. GCS is the team to beat this year, only lost 1 starter from last years team. And they will be in the B conference in less than 3 years.

Just why did BR leave GCS and go to MV?
Both programs with lots of potential.
he was offered a position at MV that he was not offered at GCS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting question. Should I pay for a recruiting service? I would think they would take my money and give me only good reports regardless of if it’s true. Any good ones out there ?

Only people I know that used them said they were a total waste of money. Your club and your club coach should be handling all that as part of your club dues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting question. Should I pay for a recruiting service? I would think they would take my money and give me only good reports regardless of if it’s true. Any good ones out there ?

Only people I know that used them said they were a total waste of money. Your club and your club coach should be handling all that as part of your club dues.

Thank you. I would think a recruiting service would take your money and only give good reports and no recourse after Sept 1 when not actually on a schools list you were told daughter was on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. I would think a recruiting service would take your money and only give good reports and no recourse after Sept 1 when not actually on a schools list you were told daughter was on.

Yes, to me, this is what you pay for a club to do.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding parent coaches. TLC 2022 Red lost seven players in one season, because TLC allowed a parent coach on the sideline. It doesn’t work. There is obvious favoritism.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding parent coaches. TLC 2022 Red lost seven players in one season, because TLC allowed a parent coach on the sideline. It doesn’t work. There is obvious favoritism.

Wouldn't you say there is more parent coaches then non parent coaches in lacrosse?

I think with all things, its a case by case situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t believe there are more parent coaches at the club level. Definitely more at the rec. level, which is expected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many more parent coaches at club than non parent coaches. Not counting the assistant college girls who help out. No money it to pay someone who is good at coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many more parent coaches at club than non parent coaches. Not counting the assistant college girls who help out. No money it to pay someone who is good at coaching.
how is it then that Skywalkers can have teams at every age level with no parent coaches? It can be done if the club wants to do it

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how is it then that Skywalkers can have teams at every age level with no parent coaches? It can be done if the club wants to do it

Their parent is coaching a different age group. Don’t tell me they still don’t have an extra advantage. The other clubs like Heros and M&D have similar success with parent coaches. Sometimes the parent is a great coach. Getting buy in is tough but having 1 universal policy on parent coaches won’t work either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is TC going to be the coach at McDonogh in two years? Is she staying or going? What do the next two years look like for top schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is TC going to be the coach at McDonogh in two years? Is she staying or going? What do the next two years look like for top schools?

Does it really matter? McD isn’t the powerhouse it once was. She hasn’t proven herself to be a great coach. Lots of games last season were won by a thin margin. I think there will be a lot of coaching changes in the IAAM in the next couple of years. Especially at the schools where they have a lot of talent but never capitalize on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it really matter? McD isn’t the powerhouse it once was. She hasn’t proven herself to be a great coach. Lots of games last season were won by a thin margin. I think there will be a lot of coaching changes in the IAAM in the next couple of years. Especially at the schools where they have a lot of talent but never capitalize on it.
what schools have had talent they have not capitalized on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NDP has a ridiculously large roster and too many girls that don't see the field because of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NDP has a ridiculously large roster and too many girls that don't see the field because of it.
the NDP coach has always had a large roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe all seniors automatically make the NDP varsity team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NDP probably has the largest number of girls who play lacrosse by virtue of the fact that there are 600 girls in the upper school there. Cutting girls from varsity would trickle down to JV and FS and would eliminate girls from the lacrosse program altogether. They don’t really have the luxury to cut girls the way that smaller schools do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NDP probably has the largest number of girls who play lacrosse by virtue of the fact that there are 600 girls in the upper school there. Cutting girls from varsity would trickle down to JV and FS and would eliminate girls from the lacrosse program altogether. They don’t really have the luxury to cut girls the way that smaller schools do.
No one said it was a bad that NDP had a large varsity roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would strongly recommend any students looking to attend mcd speak with players who graduated in recent years. It is a toxic culture with daily personal attacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like 30K a year for the same issues as public school except more entitlement kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and a far superior education

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even sure of that -I have had one at each both Ivy league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even sure of that -I have had one at each both Ivy league

Yeah right. Can't even write a sentence correctly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing like 30K a year for the same issues as public school except more entitlement kids

Never in the history of modern time has a private school education been worth it over public.

Zoom classes for a year, those kids are so far behind, it’s sad.

Not to mention a dress code is worth the price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never in the history of modern time has a private school education been worth it over public.

Zoom classes for a year, those kids are so far behind, it’s sad.

Not to mention a dress code is worth the price.

This ^…Having one in private HS and one in public HS last year by their choices, the difference in learning and emotional health was staggering and both are strong students. Our public HS child moved to private this year and is still playing catch up. So yes, in our crazy world of the last 2 years never has sacrificing for a private education been more worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to SPSG. Proves again they are the top hs team in the country. Mcd fails to make playoffs in an easy bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job SPSG. But why the bitterness towards McD??? Let it go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to SPSG. Proves again they are the top hs team in the country. Mcd fails to make playoffs in an easy bracket.
Thanks spsg dad. We’ve been waiting for your post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay classy, SPSG dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great that SPSG won a useless indoor tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job SPSG. But why the bitterness towards McD??? Let it go

Their coach has already stripped the joy and love of the sport out of players . No use compounding it. can someone post her most recent email /text to players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was the email after the tournament? Please post for us or at least share the contents. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a tournament that your high school would have lost if they were good enough to enter. Holler at me when you win something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a tournament that your high school would have lost if they were good enough to enter. Holler at me when you win something.
What?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to SPSG. I do think it was strange that an IL Women contributor tweeted about an "impressive player so far" when the player hadn't played yet? Makes you wonder about the acknowledgements that players get in these settings? How can a player impress when they hadn't played a game that day (the 1st day by the way).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like that message was a reply to the envious person who called the tournament useless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to SPSG. I do think it was strange that an IL Women contributor tweeted about an "impressive player so far" when the player hadn't played yet? Makes you wonder about the acknowledgements that players get in these settings? How can a player impress when they hadn't played a game that day (the 1st day by the way).

It was posted around halftime of their first game. Obviously she watched at least part of the first half and the player stood out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
post the email. let's see what you got

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing that conspiracy theories still exist. They were almost finished with the first half (2:18pm) when the tweet was posted. Since they won their games by an average of 14 including the playoffs I assume that she played pretty darn well

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 126 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard