BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 257 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 256 257
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Back to the HoCo divisions - it seems the logjam will be at AAA.

Blue Claws or KP should move to elite although it appears neither actually want too.

Team MD moves up to AAA. HoCo goes down to AA. If everyone else stays that means Preds and VLC fight it out for the last AAA spot. And there is Cavs also - don’t know how good they are going to be so maybe AA?

HOCO Pink won't be moving down to AA since the team does not exist anymore. Kids on that team moved to Preds, True DC, 91, Zingos, and HOCO Black which played in and won the A division last year. Only one HOCO 2028 team now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue Claws or KP should move to elite although it appears neither actually want too.

Team MD moves up to AAA. HoCo goes down to AA. If everyone else stays that means Preds and VLC fight it out for the last AAA spot. And there is Cavs also - don’t know how good they are going to be so maybe AA?

HOCO Pink won't be moving down to AA since the team does not exist anymore. Kids on that team moved to Preds, True DC, 91, Zingos, and HOCO Black which played in and won the A division last year. Only one HOCO 2028 team now.

That’s fine. Either way HoCo won’t be in AAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoco Black will be in A, VLC AAA, Preds AA, HLC AAA, 91 AA. How about Cavs? Who else in AA? Any movement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL F/O is better than Nationals F/O guy. Sincerely, Madlax dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoco Black will be in A, VLC AAA, Preds AA, HLC AAA, 91 AA. How about Cavs? Who else in AA? Any movement.

Top Caliber was supposed to be in AA last season - but then they didn’t play at all. Maybe they come back.

91 moving to AA would be a hoot because MM. I know 91 still plans to be in Elite by 8th grade - moving down surely goes against that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Caliber was supposed to be in AA last season - but then they didn’t play at all. Maybe they come back.

91 moving to AA would be a hoot because MM. I know 91 still plans to be in Elite by 8th grade - moving down surely goes against that.

Nailed it. MM will not let them go to AA, though if MM was truly about "player development" he would. Reasons why:

1) T91 got crushed, I think winless, in AAA in 2021
2) Basically the whole team is still intact....so why would you suit them up to lose every game again in 2022 AAA?
3) Only real changes to the roster are 1-2 kids from HoCo and 10+ kids from Swarm who came to 91 with Swarm's coach
4) I believe Swarm went 0-7 or something in AA. In other words, coach either had a crazy ego or seriously misjudged his roster's talent level
5) So, how those kids magically improve 91's AAA roster and make them competitive at AAA is a great mystery to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The KP kids are already telling their friends at school that they are "playing elite" so maybe they make the jump.

VLC and Team MD have shown enough sparks this fall that they might mix it up and win a few games at AAA.

If I were Preds, VLC, or Cavs honestly I might consider running for the AA championship in 2022 and calling it a team building year. AAA is going to be a huge league, I'm sure 8+ teams, the odds of VLC, Preds or Cavs showing up with their rag-tag AA/AAA rosters and dominating AAA are approximately 0% . They'd all beat 91, but I wouldn't promise a single other victory for all 3 of those clubs at AAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC beat Team MD pretty easily at a late Fall tourney so not sure that's right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL red and madlax DMV and blc orange will most likely going back to AA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
shut up RN you sound like Cabell maduxx

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The KP kids are already telling their friends at school that they are "playing elite" so maybe they make the jump.

VLC and Team MD have shown enough sparks this fall that they might mix it up and win a few games at AAA.

If I were Preds, VLC, or Cavs honestly I might consider running for the AA championship in 2022 and calling it a team building year. AAA is going to be a huge league, I'm sure 8+ teams, the odds of VLC, Preds or Cavs showing up with their rag-tag AA/AAA rosters and dominating AAA are approximately 0% . They'd all beat 91, but I wouldn't promise a single other victory for all 3 of those clubs at AAA.

Mostly yes - but I think VLC is a cut better than Preds. Not sure about Cavs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Preds should make a run for AA, drop their bottom 10-12 weakest players and hope to pick up some studs from KP, Crabs, FCA for next year. That would make another great team, but time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mostly yes - but I think VLC is a cut better than Preds. Not sure about Cavs.

VLC has most of the starters from the Cavs team that people wanted to play elite last year. Current Cavs team is the former Cavs developmental team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC far superior to Predators. Not even close. Preds lose by 15+ to most Elite teams like they did this fall. VLC has some big kids, good athletes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see the BOTC whine and cheese carousel continue to whirl! Next stop, "National Teams"!

Next stop Preds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way Preds should be in AAA unless they can beat NL red ML dmv or blc orange. They can’t jump to AAA just in their hype.

Who did KP play this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure T91 is better than Preds.

I don’t know if any of the good rec programs at this age even played anyone this fall in HLC, KP and Forest Hill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure T91 is better than Preds.

I don’t know if any of the good rec programs at this age even played anyone this fall in HLC, KP and Forest Hill.

I think the only common opponent that Preds and 91 have had is MadLax, who has gone something like 8-0 vs both teams in the past year by a combined score of about 120-9. So it would be fair to say "91 is not worse than Preds." But that's about it lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KP played crabs madlax freedom Fca Upstate They had a losing record for sure and they got smoked by Richmond Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KP played crabs madlax freedom Fca Upstate They had a losing record for sure and they got smoked by Richmond Hawks

Need Bored MD Dad to chime in. But I suspect the 8 teams in Elite will be:

Hawks
Madlax
FCA
Next Level
Crabs
True Annapolis
BLC
VLC

VLC is most of the old Cavalier team, and a few others from out there in Loudoun County. Lot of good rec lacrosse out there. This fall was their first year as a ‘28 team, and they’re big and athletic. They would blow through AAA, and while there should probably only be 6 Elite teams, VLC and BLC will fill it out to 8. And the gap should narrow as these boys get older

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
once again I will say. Express is clearly the best team in Long Island, that is their top AA team. They have shown that their other teams are Ok at Best. no different then most teams. The Express AA team is not great due to anything more then their marketing machine. Each and every year they poach players that have been developed on other teams to be on their team making it stronger. So lets stop bashing all the other teams in Long Island because they are essential to Express AA successes. Past Express, Igloo and 91 are the next level. Then there is another rung down for some other teams, then probably the full B teams. Which is fine, because as I said look at where all the new guys that Express Igloo and 91 poach they come from all the other teams, and then some express rejects who dont want to be on their B and C teams, go and play in another org. The only thing that sorts this out is the marketing. Express happens to be the best at it, and 91 is right there with them. All the others are second tier marketers and if they dont have the money and infrastructure around them they fail, like FLG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we should make Bingo cards for this forum like Travel Bingo. Every time certain topics or key words are used you mark them off on a randomized Bingo card. Topics/phrases could include:
holdbacks (Free Square)
Hawkward
King Crab
Coach Rage
MM
True's overpriced daddyball
Hit the wall
Only Elite matters
Predators
New Sheriff
We only lost because of football kids absence
Anonymous
Only two of their parents are responsible for the misperception about our otherwise exemplary culture
etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think we should make Bingo cards for this forum like Travel Bingo. Every time certain topics or key words are used you mark them off on a randomized Bingo card. Topics/phrases could include:
holdbacks (Free Square)
Hawkward
King Crab
Coach Rage
MM
Hit the wall
Only Elite matters
Predators
New Sheriff
Anonymous
Only two of their parents are responsible for the misperception about our otherwise exemplary culture
etc...[/quote

Missing the center square— Cabel Maddox

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think we should make Bingo cards for this forum like Travel Bingo. Every time certain topics or key words are used you mark them off on a randomized Bingo card. Topics/phrases could include:
holdbacks (Free Square)
Hawkward
King Crab
Coach Rage
MM
Hit the wall
Only Elite matters
Predators
New Sheriff
Anonymous
etc...[/quote

Missing the center square— Cabel Maddox

YES. Also, lose a turn for mentioning "Bootleg National Teams!"

Lose 2 turns if you make that complaint and your kid plays for a team where "guest players" show up from NC, VA, GA and TX, 10 minutes before game time at a tournament, wearing jersey #493 or something

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yep haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we should make Bingo cards for this forum like Travel Bingo. Every time certain topics or key words are used you mark them off on a randomized Bingo card. Topics/phrases could include:
holdbacks (Free Square)
Hawkward
King Crab
Coach Rage
MM
Hit the wall
Only Elite matters
Predators
New Sheriff
Anonymous
etc...

I resent that ! Many of those phases are used by me daily. So, Please stop acting so Hawkward Coach Rage and Hit The Wall as there is a new Sheriff in town the Predators who are the only elite team that matters after King Crab and his holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of bootleg national teams -

Just took a look at the field for Orlando. Some teams I’ve never heard of - that may be good? Some teams that are definitely good. Some teams that will get annihilated.

Should be interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just took a look at the field for Orlando. Some teams I’ve never heard of - that may be good? Some teams that are definitely good. Some teams that will get annihilated.

Should be interesting

Madlax and Express North rematch worth the price of admission, wonder if Cab is bringing in ringers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be interesting

Madlax and Express North rematch worth the price of admission, wonder if Cab is bringing in ringers

Haa, He wants this one , Be interesting who he brings in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course he is bringing in ringers.

How is 91 national? Are many 91 venom kids on that team? Seems like if so that team would be very good right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is 91 national? Are many 91 venom kids on that team? Seems like if so that team would be very good right?

I thought the 91 National concept was supposed to have a limit on the number of kids from each 91 team. But maybe after last year they changed the model...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Cap team would beat madlax nationals team in a head to head. -Sincerely, Dad of son on both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax Cap team would beat madlax nationals team in a head to head. -Sincerely, Dad of son on both.
Probably cause No. 47 is 16 and the rest of the kids are 13/14...congrats. Happy 16th!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nations Best
Premier Nationals
Southern Stars
Rhino Atl
Stealth Lacrosse

Anyone know how good any of these teams are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be interesting

Of course he’s bringing them in, they will be wearing stripes and are hand picked to make sure the calls go “the right way”. The benefits of running a tournament along with making sure his sons team has the softest early schedule and pathway to the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These boys just don't get to play because they have a kid coming in who they will never see again replacing my boy that just wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the 91 National concept was supposed to have a limit on the number of kids from each 91 team. But maybe after last year they changed the model...

No they are sticking with that. Will have 4-5 Venom kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah color me unconvinced. If it was my gig, I would max out the LI and MD players.

In HoCo standards, 91GA would likely be placed in AAA and would win games (unlike 91MD). 91NC would likely be at the top of A league. And Charleston Elite (I believe some kind of subsidiary of T91) would be in AA most likely, like a (former) HoCo Pink aka where T91MD should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These boys just don't get to play because they have a kid coming in who they will never see again replacing my boy that just wrong.

Well if your boy plays for 91, Crabs, MadLax, or True, that is what you have signed up for. Gotta love paying airfare and lodging, to watch your kid who was a starter the previous tournament, be replaced in the lineup by 2 new kids he has never met before.

If I was less exhausted, I would throw in a joke here about HOW YOUR SON SHOULD GO HIT THE WALL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If we are going to keep talking actual lacrosse, I think the most interesting question for the HOCO season is whether any FOGO ends up being dominant. Madlax and Hawks are both real tough to beat if they are able to keep possession. The best chance other teams have is to win at the X and keep the ball away from those offenses. But does any team have the personnel to pull that off? I don’t think in the fall anyone stood out. Lots of good FOGOs, but no one dominant against all matchups. Maybe FCA has a slight advantage here?

Next Level has a REALLY good FOGO. He’s huge, and he’s good.

Is he the same one from spring of last year? That kid was not super skilled but was super athletic. He wasn’t huge so, maybe a different kid?

How to say the "minority" kid without saying the minority kid...

Like Reply Quote
Page 65 of 257 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 256 257
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard