BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 257 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 256 257
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but the thing is for the 2028 we have so much talent that even the few Aplayers are os good at handeling there stick and still have time to move to programs like ML NL hawks KP claws 91 md and so on

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is true but for no reason should these players that are good should be on a travel team by now because soon the only open spots are when people get cut but there still is open spots BLC and VlC cavs all need help for these guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Something I’ve noticed for a while in 2028, but also across other age groups is that the DC based teams tend to produce better poles than the Baltimore/Annapolis teams and the Baltimore/Annapolis teams produce much stronger attackmen. Anyone disagree with that or have a theory about why?

I do think this is true across classes, though there are lots of exceptions. The DC teams (NL and BLC/DC Express in particular) are very aggressive with moving back kids who are fast enough and skilled enough to play midfield to defense. The kids and parents of the kids are happy to go along with the switch because of perceived recruiting advantages. I don’t think there is as much of that with the Hawks/FCA/Crabs, though of course there are exceptions.

My 2028 pole has played from A to Elite over the last 4 years so here's my observations.

1. I'd rank the best D units (5-7 poles as a whole) as NL #1, BLC #2, ML #3. And then a steep dropoff to everybody else. But BLC and NL specifically will *impress* anyone who knows how players play at their age.

2. FCA Blue, Hawks, Crabs each have 2-3 really skilled and aggressive poles with good IQ, who could play anyway.

3. Here's the truth bomb, the back half of those 3 D units above, almost all AAA units, and half (ish) of the poles in AA are basically equally talented. They are developing, talented players who on any game day bring 2-4 of the following to the field: Size, speed, stick skills, IQ, aggressiveness. Some days you see a monster kid out there and it's like "Oh he literally cannot run." Or you see a smaller kid out there beating the bejesus out of attackmen......but they can shoot over his head, so.......And then there's some kid out there who looks like Mega Goon and occasionally he just lets a kid run by him with no contact, for no apparent reason.

I have seen poles on A level teams who you could hide at the back of the roster at Crabs, FCA White, KP AAA, Claws, Sidewinders, etc and for the 10-15 minutes they play per game, you would think they were in the right place. I think this is fundamentally different than offensive players. Just an opinion though.

It feels weird to be discussing actual lacrosse on here, but I'd respectfully disagree.

I think it's easier to hide good-but-not-great players on offense because there you generally have the prerogative on who cuts or shoots or whatever, while on defense you have to react to what the other team does so don't get to choose your spot. Most of the top teams will recognize and try to exploit mismatches or make you pay for getting out of position or missing a slide, based on what I've seen.

(Same poster as above).

I see your point and I think the 2028s are in that transition where you *used to* be able to hide subpar players at ATT and DEF while the meat of almost any team was really the top 6 middies (including FO and SSDM) and whether or not the #1 goalie was "not good" "better than average" or "lights out." Increasingly, those ATT and DEF kids who aren't really cutting the mustard, are going to be identified by opposing coaches by the time the 2nd half of any game rolls around.

Also will be curious to see, in this day and age and at the boys' age, how much position shifting is still coming. Some of these poles have been playing only defense since 1st grade and have incredibly high IQ for the position. I am telling you, there are a number of A and AA poles (like 1 per every 2 teams) who are going to show up at their HS tryouts and they will do fine.

Have to agree that for every confused, non-sliding defenseman out there there is an attackman who camps on the crease and still can't cradle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I would agree you can find a pole on most A or AA teams who certainly can slot in at AAA or Elite, the main difference is the stick work - primarily on the clear.

There are certainly kids who are athletic and physical enough to guard a man one on one - but when the goalie saves the ball, an elite attack line ride will render the poor kid worthless.

One main reason Teams get annihilated at this age is they can’t get the ball over the midfield line and a lot of that is largely due to the poles ability to handle the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I would agree you can find a pole on most A or AA teams who certainly can slot in at AAA or Elite, the main difference is the stick work - primarily on the clear.

There are certainly kids who are athletic and physical enough to guard a man one on one - but when the goalie saves the ball, an elite attack line ride will render the poor kid worthless.

One main reason Teams get annihilated at this age is they can’t get the ball over the midfield line and a lot of that is largely due to the poles ability to handle the ball.

Agree with this. Also off-ball defense is way better among the defenders in elite. I’d much rather have a smaller kid who is reliable off-ball and on the clear than a monster who is good on-ball, but nothing else. When teams get beat badly, poor off-ball defense and failing to clear are usually the culprits.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Something I’ve noticed for a while in 2028, but also across other age groups is that the DC based teams tend to produce better poles than the Baltimore/Annapolis teams and the Baltimore/Annapolis teams produce much stronger attackmen. Anyone disagree with that or have a theory about why?

I do think this is true across classes, though there are lots of exceptions. The DC teams (NL and BLC/DC Express in particular) are very aggressive with moving back kids who are fast enough and skilled enough to play midfield to defense. The kids and parents of the kids are happy to go along with the switch because of perceived recruiting advantages. I don’t think there is as much of that with the Hawks/FCA/Crabs, though of course there are exceptions.

My 2028 pole has played from A to Elite over the last 4 years so here's my observations.

1. I'd rank the best D units (5-7 poles as a whole) as NL #1, BLC #2, ML #3. And then a steep dropoff to everybody else. But BLC and NL specifically will *impress* anyone who knows how players play at their age.

2. FCA Blue, Hawks, Crabs each have 2-3 really skilled and aggressive poles with good IQ, who could play anyway.

3. Here's the truth bomb, the back half of those 3 D units above, almost all AAA units, and half (ish) of the poles in AA are basically equally talented. They are developing, talented players who on any game day bring 2-4 of the following to the field: Size, speed, stick skills, IQ, aggressiveness. Some days you see a monster kid out there and it's like "Oh he literally cannot run." Or you see a smaller kid out there beating the bejesus out of attackmen......but they can shoot over his head, so.......And then there's some kid out there who looks like Mega Goon and occasionally he just lets a kid run by him with no contact, for no apparent reason.

I have seen poles on A level teams who you could hide at the back of the roster at Crabs, FCA White, KP AAA, Claws, Sidewinders, etc and for the 10-15 minutes they play per game, you would think they were in the right place. I think this is fundamentally different than offensive players. Just an opinion though.

ML dad here. But my kid is not a D man. But had to challenge the guy who says ML has the 3rd best D crew of the DC teams. I mean are you serious? Hawks got 2 goals on them in July, I don’t think they gave up 4 goals in any of their other 30 games this summer/fall other than to NL at Hershey. The Ex North game they gave up a bunch but they had B team kids playing because they were missing 3 poles to other stuff. I won’t mention the 24 goals that ML hung on BLC in May, I guess their #2 defense was a little off that day.

They struggle at times at a few positions, but D is NOT one of them. That’s just an absurd statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And here I thought we might string together a couple of posts about lacrosse. Nope. ML apologists, who will bring out the ML haters. At least the forum is consistent and true to form. Unlike the boys at this age. They are all still 11/12 years old and still developing. Consistency won't come for some time. And it has nothing to do with "my team was missing the [insert whatever position] studs during that game" and "my kid [is/isn't] a holdback, how dare you." They are still kids who are learning the game. heck, top level D1 defenses still throw the ball away on clears at times. OK, back to your normally scheduled programming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML dad here. But my kid is not a D man. But had to challenge the guy who says ML has the 3rd best D crew of the DC teams. I mean are you serious? Hawks got 2 goals on them in July, I don’t think they gave up 4 goals in any of their other 30 games this summer/fall other than to NL at Hershey. The Ex North game they gave up a bunch but they had B team kids playing because they were missing 3 poles to other stuff. I won’t mention the 24 goals that ML hung on BLC in May, I guess their #2 defense was a little off that day.

They struggle at times at a few positions, but D is NOT one of them. That’s just an absurd statement.

Hawks dropped 20+ goals in 2 games in HOCO. Get that noise outta here…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t make me tap the NOT ALL GOALS are because of pole play sign. Goalie play, SSDM play, faceoff wins, offensive turnovers, transition chances, penalties, lucky bounces, failure to clear by short stick players, etc. These all impact scores as well so scores aren’t that useful by themselves in evaluating pole play.

signed,
Former close defender

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You care too much, they are 11. Or in ML case 13.
It’s like somebody challenged your manhood because they said your kids d was just ok…

Jeez

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaa, yeah, and they literally couldn’t get the ball past midfield in July. Good one though. 1 goal until their final w a minute to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t make me tap the NOT ALL GOALS are because of pole play sign. Goalie play, SSDM play, faceoff wins, offensive turnovers, transition chances, penalties, lucky bounces, failure to clear by short stick players, etc. These all impact scores as well so scores aren’t that useful by themselves in evaluating pole play.

signed,
Former close defender

You forgot good play from the offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haaa, yeah, and they literally couldn’t get the ball past midfield in July. Good one though. 1 goal until their final w a minute to play.

So which is it — that your defense is so good or that the Hawks couldn't clear? What dopes these Madlax parents are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These guys need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You lost me at BLC has 5-7 poles. More like 2. But they are legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The guy who comes on here to tell people to get a life. 🧐

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those are my favorite 🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the Spring HoCo lineups for Elite, AAA, AA, A? I'm sure the Lax Ranking Dad can tell us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one knows the HoCo brackets yet. But there have been lots of folks who’ve speculated guesses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't we just stipulate that everybody on BOTC actually does have a life, but at the same time, everybody reading or posting on here is equally vulnerable to accusations that they don't have one?

It does get annoying when somebody makes a good point, and the only retort is "get a life," because you are obviously too wrapped up in kids lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If we are going to keep talking actual lacrosse, I think the most interesting question for the HOCO season is whether any FOGO ends up being dominant. Madlax and Hawks are both real tough to beat if they are able to keep possession. The best chance other teams have is to win at the X and keep the ball away from those offenses. But does any team have the personnel to pull that off? I don’t think in the fall anyone stood out. Lots of good FOGOs, but no one dominant against all matchups. Maybe FCA has a slight advantage here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be the LOWEST of the LOW on here. Let me ask you all something, if your kid was doing this in any capacity it would be considered "CYBER BULLYING" so why do you feel that what you are doing is any different, because you're older? If that is your answer you are really in need of some soul searching. This site was good for looking up camps, clinics, tournaments and showcases but now all it does is give really disgruntled parents a way to take out their frustrations on programs coaches or even sometime actual kids (WHICH IS CRIMINAL). ALL of these programs are flawed, WHY, because they are all a business and if you cannot see through that then that is YOUR PROBLEM. Stop thinking your kid is better than they are, again, that is your problem. If your kid got bumped from the A team to the B team because he didn't hit puberty yet, it is what it is and you move on. He will find his way back to the top if and when HE decides it's time not the parent that NEVER did anything at this level. ALL of these programs offer something that can help a kid, ALL OF THEM. It is your job as a parent to find that gap not complain about it just because you want to be on one of the top programs because of name recognition. In less than 3 years, this is ALL DONE, 50% will play at D1, D2 or D3 programs 50% will find their niche in life outside of lacrosse and now the parents will need to scream and yell about something else. PLEASE GET OVER THIS WHOLE thing and just do the right thing for your child. There is good and bad in everything. My kid plays, my kid is good, my kid IS NOT GREAT. My kid is exactly where he needs to be right now and if i see any change in that it's MY responsibility to address the situation, first, with my son and wife, then with the coach if need be. it is not my responsibility to come on here and blast the program the coaches or the parents for that matter. Type your comments, let them sit a little before hitting send and if you ne

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh, I guess that guy is not interested in talking about FOGOs. Must be more of wing play guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh, I guess that guy is not interested in talking about FOGOs. Must be more of wing play guy.

The only thing I will applaud at a youth lacrosse game is excellent wing play or generating a 5-4 through superior use of the sub box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If we are going to keep talking actual lacrosse, I think the most interesting question for the HOCO season is whether any FOGO ends up being dominant. Madlax and Hawks are both real tough to beat if they are able to keep possession. The best chance other teams have is to win at the X and keep the ball away from those offenses. But does any team have the personnel to pull that off? I don’t think in the fall anyone stood out. Lots of good FOGOs, but no one dominant against all matchups. Maybe FCA has a slight advantage here?

Next Level has a REALLY good FOGO. He’s huge, and he’s good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has to be the LOWEST of the LOW on here. Let me ask you all something, if your kid was doing this in any capacity it would be considered "CYBER BULLYING" so why do you feel that what you are doing is any different, because you're older? If that is your answer you are really in need of some soul searching. This site was good for looking up camps, clinics, tournaments and showcases but now all it does is give really disgruntled parents a way to take out their frustrations on programs coaches or even sometime actual kids (WHICH IS CRIMINAL). ALL of these programs are flawed, WHY, because they are all a business and if you cannot see through that then that is YOUR PROBLEM. Stop thinking your kid is better than they are, again, that is your problem. If your kid got bumped from the A team to the B team because he didn't hit puberty yet, it is what it is and you move on. He will find his way back to the top if and when HE decides it's time not the parent that NEVER did anything at this level. ALL of these programs offer something that can help a kid, ALL OF THEM. It is your job as a parent to find that gap not complain about it just because you want to be on one of the top programs because of name recognition. In less than 3 years, this is ALL DONE, 50% will play at D1, D2 or D3 programs 50% will find their niche in life outside of lacrosse and now the parents will need to scream and yell about something else. PLEASE GET OVER THIS WHOLE thing and just do the right thing for your child. There is good and bad in everything. My kid plays, my kid is good, my kid IS NOT GREAT. My kid is exactly where he needs to be right now and if i see any change in that it's MY responsibility to address the situation, first, with my son and wife, then with the coach if need be. it is not my responsibility to come on here and blast the program the coaches or the parents for that matter. Type your comments, let them sit a little before hitting send and if you ne

Thanks Karen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board needs more FOGO talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And here I would have bet this was a women posting. I’d have lost the bet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 2027 Fogo is now the 2028 Fogo. I expect that he’ll be the most dominant come summer. He’s also the Fogo for the 2028 Nationals team. holdbacks should dominate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, we need more parents like you. He's right not all of our boys are going to play college lax and when they don't you have to look back and realize why did I spend my time on a message board talking about which youth lax team is better. Thank you for opening up my eyes and hopefully others that read this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what the heck my boy is going all the way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got a fever...and the only prescription is more FOGO talk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 2027 Fogo is now the 2028 Fogo. I expect that he’ll be the most dominant come summer. He’s also the Fogo for the 2028 Nationals team. holdbacks should dominate.

And the goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save your safe space talk for your MadLax board. Talking about people is not criminal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks holdback dad, doubt it though. If was that good they would have to hold him back.
And Hawks already have the fogo who lit up MadLax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he the same one from spring of last year? That kid was not super skilled but was super athletic. He wasn’t huge so, maybe a different kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got a fever...and the only prescription is more FOGO talk.

DMV FOGOs dominate the kids from other areas?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the goalie
holdback U.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see the BOTC whine and cheese carousel continue to whirl! Next stop, "National Teams"!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to the HoCo divisions - it seems the logjam will be at AAA.

Blue Claws or KP should move to elite although it appears neither actually want too.

Team MD moves up to AAA. HoCo goes down to AA. If everyone else stays that means Preds and VLC fight it out for the last AAA spot. And there is Cavs also - don’t know how good they are going to be so maybe AA?

Like Reply Quote
Page 64 of 257 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 256 257
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard