BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 73 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I live NC and can definitely tell you that the UNC camps are a HUGE draw. UNC has a massive social media following and they know how to market their camps and word gets around. On connectlax you can see a list of some recruits confirmed to be attending and some big names on there already.

Yes, we are here on LI and know lots of girls heading to UNC camp on the weekend. That camp will be at full capacity… It’s sold out! Not sure if that’s do good. May be too many girls?

Too many girls means it’s harder for yours to be noticed

What’s the story with certain camps being multiple days?
For instance Duke is 3 days and Florida is 2?
Are these camps or prospect days? Or a little of both?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering the OP bashed every club except YJ and legacy pretty much shows you what you are dealing with ! Clearly he or she is infatuated with other clubs rankings, scores and what they are doing, pay attention to your own club and leave everyone alone.
Considering the OP bashed every club except YJ and legacy pretty much shows you what you are dealing with ! Clearly he or she is infatuated with other clubs rankings, scores and what they are doing, pay attention to your own club and leave everyone alone.

Yes good advice but please stop dragging YJ and Legacy into this. Somebody tried to blame us early on. We are the ones normally being bashed and not the ones doing the bashing.

Does anyone have feedback on the Duke camp?
It’s 3 days?
Is it a camp or for prospects?
Can’t tell I’m site if it’s just Duke or other coaches also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously this is likely a crazy parent everyone avoids on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live NC and can definitely tell you that the UNC camps are a HUGE draw. UNC has a massive social media following and they know how to market their camps and word gets around. On connectlax you can see a list of some recruits confirmed to be attending and some big names on there already.

Yes, we are here on LI and know lots of girls heading to UNC camp on the weekend. That camp will be at full capacity… It’s sold out! Not sure if that’s do good. May be too many girls?

There will be in total around 400 field players and around 30 goalies, about 50-60% will be 24s, about 20% 25s and a few middle schoolers and 23s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is much more actual coaching at UNC camp compared to other. Its not roll out the ball and play. There will be one session as a 7 vs 7 tourney, but the rest will be skill sessions with small-sided play. Much different than other camps which is why 4 of the to 6 programs of the country are there. a 22 daughter got multiple offers related to a UNC camp a couple years ago. (Neither from UNC).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For anyone who wants to play at a higher level.
If you include new programs and U of Hartford as a D1 option.
124 D1 Womens Lacrosse Programs
106 D2
293 D3
42 NAIA
Also, many club teams at great colleges.
Some of the clubs play at a fairly competitive level.
So many options for all and numbers are climbing.
Hopefully,the primary goal is getting an education

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be in total around 400 field players and around 30 goalies, about 50-60% will be 24s, about 20% 25s and a few middle schoolers and 23s.

Serious question - How can anyone possibly stand out if there are 400 players there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop dragging YJ into it ?? Because you never get involved?? Lol that’s hysterical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is much more actual coaching at UNC camp compared to other. Its not roll out the ball and play. There will be one session as a 7 vs 7 tourney, but the rest will be skill sessions with small-sided play. Much different than other camps which is why 4 of the to 6 programs of the country are there. a 22 daughter got multiple offers related to a UNC camp a couple years ago. (Neither from UNC).

Thank you! Nice to know it’s not a money grab to help pay the assistant coaches. Getting on the plane, paying hotel and car rental will be a little easier to justify now. Sounds like a good learning opportunity as well! That’s great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More exposure, but honestly they see what they need to see in one day . Most of the colleges run the kids through a mock college speed practice to see how they handle the pace and difficulty. Then they usually run some situational scenarios, then scrimmages. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about if a camp is 2 or 3 days .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
106 D2
293 D3
42 NAIA

Thank you for this post. There is a school and opportunity for every lacrosse player on LI. Good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
106 D2
293 D3
42 NAIA

You are a shining star today. best post on this site ever !! Thank you for hopefully helping these crazy parents get their priorities straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only Vanderbilt and no other coaches; and Its December, any camp or clinic not guaranteed to be inside the whole time is a big risk. The field house is great, but how exactly would huge prospect weekends work with ~600 players and only 1 indoor facility ( 2 indoor fields in next couple years)?
The best answer to above question is Florida or California

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No other schools were there. Mostly 2024 I'd say maybe about 10 2023's Guess from my daughter Two of their 2023 committed class was there.

2024 from all over My daughter plays for M&D Maryland and we went down with 8.. Some Skywalkers, CT Grizzlies, Florida Select, M&D Orlando, LI Yellowjackets, Lakeshore and some other clubs I was not familiar with I think some GRit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No other schools were there. Mostly 2024 I'd say maybe about 10 2023's Guess from my daughter Two of their 2023 committed class was there.

2024 from all over My daughter plays for M&D Maryland and we went down with 8.. Some Skywalkers, CT Grizzlies, Florida Select, M&D Orlando, LI Yellowjackets, Lakeshore and some other clubs I was not familiar with I think some GRit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you! Nice to know it’s not a money grab to help pay the assistant coaches. Getting on the plane, paying hotel and car rental will be a little easier to justify now. Sounds like a good learning opportunity as well! That’s great.

UNC camp is not “much different “ than other camps. They all small sided play in stations followed by scrimmages. Be prepared for ballhogs. If your daughter gets stuck in a group with selfish payers, it can be rough. I don’t think anyone is going to these camps to learn lacrosse. This is not a “learning “ camp, it’s a chance to show what you can do. The commits will also be there trying to show off. UNC does have coaches from other programs unlike many others. If your daughter is a top player on a strong team, don’t waste your money, she will be recruited off the summer circuit to all these schools (UNC,BC, Duke, Virginia, etc) despite people telling you that you must attend the camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Extremely spot on analysis, this is every college camp and prospect day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the Stanford camp, I think almost every 22 and 23 committ was there - which is impressive considering they seemed to mostly come from the East Coast. Level of play was high and the campus is - WOW - this time of year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mad Dog West Elite (CA) had 5 players there and had 3 STEPS (NJ) players added to their team. My daughter plays for Mad Dog West Elite and loved the camp.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Denver University had a camp this past weekend. I think Yale did too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the Stanford camp, I think almost every 22 and 23 committ was there - which is impressive considering they seemed to mostly come from the East Coast. Level of play was high and the campus is - WOW - this time of year.

Why would 22 and 23 commits be there? Do you mean players that have already committed? Are they hoping for a potential upgrade to another school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC camp is not “much different “ than other camps. They all small sided play in stations followed by scrimmages. Be prepared for ballhogs. If your daughter gets stuck in a group with selfish payers, it can be rough. I don’t think anyone is going to these camps to learn lacrosse. This is not a “learning “ camp, it’s a chance to show what you can do. The commits will also be there trying to show off. UNC does have coaches from other programs unlike many others. If your daughter is a top player on a strong team, don’t waste your money, she will be recruited off the summer circuit to all these schools (UNC,BC, Duke, Virginia, etc) despite people telling you that you must attend the camp.

While not a "learning" camp, UNC does a better job than many others. Across the 10-12 hours of sessions, there will likely be under an hour or full field play and maybe 1-1.5 hours of 7 vs. 7.

Not saying it is better or worse than others, but definitely gives more of an opportunity for players to show off defense and Lax IQ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would 22 and 23 commits be there? Do you mean players that have already committed? Are they hoping for a potential upgrade to another school?

In general, a schools committed players usually attend the schools camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question - How can anyone possibly stand out if there are 400 players there?

Only the top athletes/players will stand out. The players who will receive offers from Top 10 caliber programs are Identified quickly. The majority of players will not stand out, that doesn’t mean that they are not good players, they just will not stand out compared to the best players. Keep in mind, there are two ways to “stand out” you can be better than most or you can be weaker than most… the majority of players at a camp like UNC will be good solid players.

If your daughter is one of the top kids the recruiting process will be fun and easy. For most it will be stressful and confusing at times.

Most will have to develop a plan and market themselves to the programs that they are interested in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
106 D2
293 D3
42 NAIA

Thank you for a very helpful post!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you share your recruiting efforts with others on your daughter's team? i.e. what college ID camps your daughter is attending, schools that have shown interest, etc. Does your club allow it or does your club have a strict "don't ask don't tell policy"? The whole recruiting process seems so stressful that in my opinion it seems that sharing info is helpful (knowledge is power kind of thing).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you share your recruiting efforts with others on your daughter's team? i.e. what college ID camps your daughter is attending, schools that have shown interest, etc. Does your club allow it or does your club have a strict "don't ask don't tell policy"? The whole recruiting process seems so stressful that in my opinion it seems that sharing info is helpful (knowledge is power kind of thing).

Personal decision some believe you shouldn’t say anything some do not care.

I don’t think it matters too much however, if your daughter is a top tier player who gets recruited by the best programs and commits quickly you will notice some will not be happy for your daughter or you.

Probably the less said the better just because this sport can at times bring out the worst in people.

Just look at the comment any time s as n all-star team is selected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct! All I know is my daughter pretty much did none of the “you must do this or that” that is preached on this site. No camps, no video, did not have a recruit account of any type. Never talked to her travel coach or club director about recruiting. Simply used the platform that the travel team provided to go play in games in front of coaches. Was also fortunate enough to make and play on all the high profile select teams. She did email 12-15 coaches summer of recruiting year to make them aware her interest in the programs. Heard from all but 1 of those on Sept 1st, along with 40+ additional programs. This is not to brag, this is to show how crazy so much of this stuff is. On the other hand you will have players who spend exorbitant amount of time and money doing the “you must do this and that” that is preached on here, with crickets on sept 1st. No matter how you go about it, you need to have game to get recruited and if you do, a lot of this stuff is overkill. My advice is to simply send the coaches an email with your accolades and schedule at each tournament and invite them to come watch you play. If you come from a strong team and have some accomplishments to back it up, the coaches will show up to watch you. Impress on the field and you will hear from them. Do not wait to be discovered, proactively seek programs out and start the correspondence. Handle 100% of your recruiting yourself, do not expect or rely on your coaches or club directors. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct! All I know is my daughter pretty much did none of the “you must do this or that” that is preached on this site. No camps, no video, did not have a recruit account of any type. Never talked to her travel coach or club director about recruiting. Simply used the platform that the travel team provided to go play in games in front of coaches. Was also fortunate enough to make and play on all the high profile select teams. She did email 12-15 coaches summer of recruiting year to make them aware her interest in the programs. Heard from all but 1 of those on Sept 1st, along with 40+ additional programs. This is not to brag, this is to show how crazy so much of this stuff is. On the other hand you will have players who spend exorbitant amount of time and money doing the “you must do this and that” that is preached on here, with crickets on sept 1st. No matter how you go about it, you need to have game to get recruited and if you do, a lot of this stuff is overkill. My advice is to simply send the coaches an email with your accolades and schedule at each tournament and invite them to come watch you play. If you come from a strong team and have some accomplishments to back it up, the coaches will show up to watch you. Impress on the field and you will hear from them. Do not wait to be discovered, proactively seek programs out and start the correspondence. Handle 100% of your recruiting yourself, do not expect or rely on your coaches or club directors. Good luck!

Trying to gain some perspective. Were the 12 - 15 programs that your daughter reached out to Top 10 caliber programs? While I agree with just about all of what you stated I believe your daughters experience sounds like maybe she was a top recruit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all for sharing and hopefully it continues. It’s encouraging to know that there is so much opportunity for the girls and that not everyone is trying to make $$$ off of the process. Great to see the sharing of information and nobody attempting to take credit.

Keep it classy BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know when film from presidents cup will be ready?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While this advice could be sound it is only that for the top tier players in the top clubs. If you’re on the top team in your state or a top ten team you’re set. If you are in a 20-50 type of team you need to be proactive. If you are on a weaker team with a not so great track record of recruiting you just need to reevaluate where you may fit in d1-D3 programs

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I asked on the IWLCA instagram and they said 10-15 days after the event, which would have been Monday at the latest. Quite frustrating.

Re: Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're new to recruiting. My daughter gets emails for camps at high academic schools. I know they're from mailing lists, but are they blasted to everyone who attends certain showcases/tournaments? Or do they select players based on profile criteria (automated searches) or observation from attending these showcases/tournaments?

Just trying to get an idea how broad/targeted these emails are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're new to recruiting. My daughter gets emails for camps at high academic schools. I know they're from mailing lists, but are they blasted to everyone who attends certain showcases/tournaments? Or do they select players based on profile criteria (automated searches) or observation from attending these showcases/tournaments?

In our experience (two currently in college) most will be mass emails... You will most likely be able to tell if the email is more targeted and personal. Some programs had small "invite only camps" that they would invite the players they wanted to see at the camp and fill it up before the info/registration was made public / put on the programs website.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Film was just posted to our IWLCARecruits account.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It varies event by event. From our past experience, the high academic camps tends to be a bit more selective, at least using GPA as a key search element.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It varies event by event. From our past experience, the high academic camps tends to be a bit more selective, at least using GPA as a key search element.

GPA as a key search requirement. Every kid lies about that. Geez...wake-up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GPA as a key search requirement. Every kid lies about that. Geez...wake-up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many girls means it’s harder for yours to be noticed

What’s the story with certain camps being multiple days?
For instance Duke is 3 days and Florida is 2?
Are these camps or prospect days? Or a little of both?

The multi day camps are a mix based on my daughter's experience. The longer camps at top programs do attract top players, and current commits often attend as well. There will also be less serious players who are there for learning and/or a fun experience (maybe local and it's convenient to attend) and players who don't yet realize they will not be top recruits. I don't mean to be harsh, but there are a lot of players out there who are very good but not Top 20 ability who attend Top 20 camps in large numbers in 9th & 10th grades. It can be hard to stand out and be noticed, so don't spend the money if you'll be disappointed if a camp does not spark any recruiting interest. Spend the money for the opportunity to get to know campus, play with and against good competition, have fun and work with different college coaches. Recruiting interest from the camp is icing on the cake.

There are usually drills, small group sessions and team scrimmages. Sometimes camp ends with queen of the hill type competitions or a championship game. The intended atmosphere seems to be fun and not too high pressure, but yes, coaches do watch and identify some players to recruit or evaluate players already on their radar. Some programs announce coaches in advance and some do not, but most camps have at least a few coaches from other college programs. Full field teams are often random and mixed age/ability but small groups can be set by skill/age with specific already identified girls. Yes, sometimes there is luck involved in avoiding the team with a ball hog or player who can't catch and throw. Your daughter just needs to do her best and focus on what she can control.

The part above about grouping specific players is especially true for shorter prospect days. Those are most worth your time if you already know the program is interested or your daughter can somehow get on coach's radar in advance, maybe through a coach or club director. Girls being recruited are grouped together. Prospect days often include an optional campus tour or Q&A session with coaches/current players. The 2-3 day camps are good for learning, seeing how you stack up compared to other players and commits, working with a variety of coaches, spending time on campus at a school of interest and they can lead to contact from other schools but not always. Club tournaments well attended by college coaches are better bang for your buck in my opinion, and prospect days are good once interest has been established or there is a program your daughter is really, really interested in. Still have your daughter reach out in advance, send film and try to get her coach or advocate to do the same. After Sept 1st of junior year I would focus on those where coach has enough interest to at least schedule a call with your daughter (players can send film, express interest in school and request a call), at least when it comes to upper D1 with more accelerated recruiting timeline.

All of this is my family's experience, others may have different experiences of course. Also may not apply for D2/D3 which my daughter was not pursuing, but there are great opportunities there as well.

Page 34 of 73 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard