BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,890
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 45 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

How will Florida, Notre Dame, Duke, Michigan, Stanford, USC, Stony Brook, James Madison, Denver, Rutgers, Penn State, Hopkins, Penn Finish?

Can Drexel build on the success they had last year? How about Arizona St? Jacksoville?

Will there be any big surprises?

Florida, ND, Duke all have the same problem coaching. Michigan not enough talent. Out of the above listed teams I would go with JMU and Stony Brook to round out the top 10.

I too believed SB would drop off quite a bit from last season but happened to see them twice once with my one daughter against average competition and then went up to see my other daughter in Brown Play Day and was really really impressed fast and skilled they beat us handily as was expected but the game after I watched them go blow for blow with Boston College and while results do not matter they got upper hand on BC. I will also state the obvious but it was my first time watching Charlotte North in person and WOW is she something. Seemed like both teams were playing top players in that one. Left there also impressed with Umass think they will be a top 20 team,
Another team that I believe will be a top 10 besides SB will be Princeton they return so much talent.
Saw Loyola and really liked their talent level and to comment on the previous post I think Virginia is not very good My way too early prediction of a final 4 is
Syracuse
BC
UNC
Northwestern( Not sure about this one)

Don’t think Syracuse make the Final Four, Don’t think BC repeats… agree about UMass, Loyola and Princeton. Not so much with Stony Brook and UVA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jaime Ortega signed the first major sponsorship in Women's lacrosse with Epoch. Congrats to her! Interesting that they went with her over Charlotte North who's gotten all the hype over the past year..having watched both play Ortega is a much more well rounded player. North has the physicality and power advantage but that's about it. I'm sure North will get sponsored soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

How will Florida, Notre Dame, Duke, Michigan, Stanford, USC, Stony Brook, James Madison, Denver, Rutgers, Penn State, Hopkins, Penn Finish?

Can Drexel build on the success they had last year? How about Arizona St? Jacksoville?

Florida, ND, Duke all have the same problem coaching. Michigan not enough talent. Out of the above listed teams I would go with JMU and Stony Brook to round out the top 10.

I too believed SB would drop off quite a bit from last season but happened to see them twice once with my one daughter against average competition and then went up to see my other daughter in Brown Play Day and was really really impressed fast and skilled they beat us handily as was expected but the game after I watched them go blow for blow with Boston College and while results do not matter they got upper hand on BC. I will also state the obvious but it was my first time watching Charlotte North in person and WOW is she something. Seemed like both teams were playing top players in that one. Left there also impressed with Umass think they will be a top 20 team,
Another team that I believe will be a top 10 besides SB will be Princeton they return so much talent.
Saw Loyola and really liked their talent level and to comment on the previous post I think Virginia is not very good My way too early prediction of a final 4 is
Syracuse
BC
UNC

BC was without their 2nd, 3rd and 4th leading scorer and goalie vs Stony Brook. Those 3 players feed on zone defenses which is what Stony Brook plays. Very good chance the same four teams make the final four - UNC, Cuse, NW and BC. All very talented and well coached. Fairly meaningful drop off after those four.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

Syracuse
BC
UNC

BC was without their 2nd, 3rd and 4th leading scorer and goalie vs Stony Brook. Those 3 players feed on zone defenses which is what Stony Brook plays. Very good chance the same four teams make the final four - UNC, Cuse, NW and BC. All very talented and well coached. Fairly meaningful drop off after those four.

Standard played a tight scrimmage with NU, they may surprise this year

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jaime Ortega signed the first major sponsorship in Women's lacrosse with Epoch. Congrats to her! Interesting that they went with her over Charlotte North who's gotten all the hype over the past year..having watched both play Ortega is a much more well rounded player. North has the physicality and power advantage but that's about it. I'm sure North will get sponsored soon enough.

Not even close to being a much more well rounded player.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

Syracuse
BC
UNC

When was the last time a team that played a Zone won the Championship?

Don’t think cause gets to the final four.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a transparent post. Just go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes sense for Epoch to go with Ortega. UNC ia a partner with Epoch lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO the only reason for the post was to try knock CN and hype JO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO the only reason for the post was to try knock CN and hype JO.

Way to go JO!! She deserves it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since 2011 (10 full seasons) 11 different Programs have made the Final Four and 5 have won the National Championship. The same 4 teams have never advanced to the Final Four in back to back years during that time period. Maryland is the only team to win back to back championships 2014 & 2015.

- Team - Final Fours - National Championships since 2011

Maryland - 9 - 4

UNC - 7 - 2

Northwestern - 6 - 2

Syracuse - 6 - 0

Boston College - 4 - 1

Penn State - 2 - 0

Duke - 2 - 0

JMU - 1 - 1

Virginia - 1 - 0

Florida - 1 - 0

Navy - 1 - 0

I think it will be much the same this year, we will see at least 1 different team in the Final Four and we will not see BC win back to back championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two college players previously signed with STX and none of these sponsorships are major in a non revenue sport. Also, CN could sign with anyone she wanted if she was not looking for bigger deals. She has 45k followers more than 4 times any other college players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

Syracuse
BC
UNC

Don’t think cause gets to the final four.[/quoted

JMU plays a zone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2022 Final Four....

UNC, BC, MD & ??

Final Top 10....

North Carolina
Boston College
Maryland
?????

No particular order...

Syracuse
Northwestern
Virginia
Princeton
Loyola
????
????

Syracuse
BC
UNC

Don’t think cause gets to the final four.[/quoted

JMU plays a zone

Pretty sure they played man when they won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope - JMU much like Cuse and Stony Brook only plays a zone. NW also played zone last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I had the choice my kid would play w JO . Nice kid who generally plays the right way . All you CN super fans have never spoken w many of her teammates on Duke , BC or the US team , I have , The kid is a brutal teammate .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I had the choice my kid would play w JO . Nice kid who generally plays the right way . All you CN super fans have never spoken w many of her teammates on Duke , BC or the US team , I have , The kid is a brutal teammate .

Just go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you’re talking about, the BC portion is simply not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go away.
JO has been consistent since her freshman year. Impact player through and through. CN had been pretty average until last year when she exploded. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go away.
JO has been consistent since her freshman year. Impact player through and through. CN had been pretty average until last year when she exploded. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Nothing against JO, she is a very good player. You on the other hand are exactly what is wrong with this sport. Not sure what your problem is but you should probably get some help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go away.

Nothing against JO, she is a very good player. You on the other hand are exactly what is wrong with this sport. Not sure what your problem is but you should probably get some help.

Sounds like someone is defending why their daughter is better than a National Champ MVP and Tewaaraton winner. Please stop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go away.

Sounds like someone is defending why their daughter is better than a National Champ MVP and Tewaaraton winner. Please stop!

I'm sure it's the same clown from last year, same nonsense... the person obviously has issues, it's sad actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go away.

Why do you always assume its the parent? Is no one else allowed an opinion?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go away.

Why do you always assume its the parent? Is no one else allowed an opinion?
When they have no argument their first instinct is to blame the fictitious parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether you are JO's parent or not is irrelevant, you are a coward spewing nonsense on this site. You are a small minded individual who just can't stand it that CN is twice the player that your daughter is and everybody knows it. Bitter and jealous must be a tough way to go through life. CN will win the Tewaaraton again and you will still be you, so go back to your miserable life and continue to bash and tear down young women who you do not even know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the parents of and the teammates themselves of CN lie but the ones I have spoken with say the same thing, nice enough kid off the field and a difficult player to play with. Watch the end of the BC game against USC last year and explain how its being a good teammate or even good sportsmanship. Watch her teammates faces and they are obviously disgusted .The jealousy angle is just ridiculous and yes I believe people are allowed to like different playing styles as far as the national championship thing it was won by a team not just her ,honestly she was underwhelming in the win over UNC but ortega was just as underwhelming in the loss .Is she an exceptional player ,yes,is she all about herself , yes. The antics on meaningless goals are ridiculous and again in my opinion neither JO or CN are the best players in the country, give me Emma Trenchard anytime .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether you are JO's parent or not is irrelevant, you are a coward spewing nonsense on this site. You are a small minded individual who just can't stand it that CN is twice the player that your daughter is and everybody knows it. Bitter and jealous must be a tough way to go through life. CN will win the Tewaaraton again and you will still be you, so go back to your miserable life and continue to bash and tear down young women who you do not even know.
i'm not a parent. i just think JO is better than CN. look at their career stats. JO easily would have have the Tewaaraton had UNC won the championship. CN won it because she was the last standing, not because she was exceptionally better than everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people are finally realizing that CN is MUCH better than everyone else. She is a generational talent that does things nobody else has done in woman's lacrosse. She does it on the draw and she dominates on the offensive end even though every team is game planning to stop her. Few teams game planned to stop JO last year - more teams focused on KH. This summer CN played with the National Team which is made up of the best of the best to have ever played the game and she dominated. That says it all. You can not say the same thing for the other Tewaaraton Finalists. She is simply better than every other college player and if you polled fans and parents across the country they would overwhelmingly agree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people are finally realizing that CN is MUCH better than everyone else. She is a generational talent that does things nobody else has done in woman's lacrosse. She does it on the draw and she dominates on the offensive end even though every team is game planning to stop her. Few teams game planned to stop JO last year - more teams focused on KH. This summer CN played with the National Team which is made up of the best of the best to have ever played the game and she dominated. That says it all. You can not say the same thing for the other Tewaaraton Finalists. She is simply better than every other college player and if you polled fans and parents across the country they would overwhelmingly agree!
i can think of 5-7 names before CN comes up. that isn't generational..Where was CN her first 2 years? Generational players have generational production and impact the moment they arrive on campus. CN could not elevate duke and bailed. i've seen many players rip bombs from 20 yards out. CN not the first to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a bunch of nonsense. What is she doing that no one else has done? She is good at the draw but not dominate ,not the best in the country and was exposed in her semi final. Ask her US teammates if they like playing with her, they do not. As far as who performed the best at the US team training and scrimmages it was another Tewaaraton Finalist who was the consensus best player who both Spalllina and Levy said was the MVP of the tryouts but dont let that get in the way of your ill informed blabbering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a bunch of nonsense. What is she doing that no one else has done? She is good at the draw but not dominate ,not the best in the country and was exposed in her semi final. Ask her US teammates if they like playing with her, they do not. As far as who performed the best at the US team training and scrimmages it was another Tewaaraton Finalist who was the consensus best player who both Spalllina and Levy said was the MVP of the tryouts but dont let that get in the way of your ill informed blabbering.

Some of you really need to get help. CN is the best player in the college game. And by the way, CN is not a "Tewarraton award Finalist", she is a Tewarraton Award Winner. Tryout MVP, good grief, that's where you are going to take this? CN won a national championship, was the MVP and Won the highest award the sport has to offer. None of your BS will change that, you will have to live with it. You should prepare yourself for more misery this year because she will be the favorite to win it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask her US teammates huh...... since you want to talk like you are an authority why dont you tell us how many of her US teammates YOU have spoken to and how many dont like playing with her. Please provide the details. As usual you are the kind of person who talks out their donkey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter plays on BC.. this is a lie. Amazing teammate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it’s a lie… that’s what small minded jealous little parents who just can’t stand it when other players are recognized as being better than their daughter do. Pathetic people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course it’s a lie… that’s what small minded jealous little parents who just can’t stand it when other players are recognized as being better than their daughter do. Pathetic people.

--- "Few players felt the love more than Charlotte North, Boston College’s dynamo and Tewaaraton Award winner who led all scorers with six points (three goals, three assists). Each one of her touches turned everyone in attendance into a videographer, as cell phones around William G. Tierney Field pointed toward the field. “Charlotte!” yells echoed through the night." ---

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/south-florida-to-add-di-women-s-lacrosse-for-2023-24/58596

South Florida adding Women’s Lacrosse! Great news… more opportunities!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

34 Players from 10 Programs

11 - North Carolina
7 - Syracuse
4 - Maryland
4 - Boston College
3 - Stony Brook
1 - Northwestern
1 - Florida
1 - JMU
1 - USC
1 - UConn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised on a couple different names here. Those invited and one not on team anymore. Obviously JS driving the bus from a coaching perspective.

Good luck to all this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised on a couple different names here. Those invited and one not on team anymore. Obviously JS driving the bus from a coaching perspective.

Good luck to all this weekend.

Why do you feel JS is driving the “bus”? There doesn’t appear to be an influx of SB players.

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 45 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard