BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 257 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 256 257
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That’s because Cabel over sees the tourney. He doesn’t want that smoke.

Explain that Madlax dads.

Hope your team and program doesn’t implode with this pending lawsuit.

Lawsuit? Do tell…

35 million dollars ! Discrimination case on Federal Court!

Nationals guy suing Cabel and Jake Dean from True for booting them out of US Club Nationals in Orlando
Why were they booted?

Cause Cabel hates minority owned teams and teams with a larger minority roster. Well…. At least that’s what the lawsuit says

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lawsuit? Do tell…

Nationals guy suing Cabel and Jake Dean from True for booting them out of US Club Nationals in Orlando
Why were they booted?

Cause Cabel hates minority owned teams and teams with a larger minority roster. Well…. At least that’s what the lawsuit says

https://www.law360.com/cases/6168a0f899d4c1020e7fe244?article_sidebar=1

https://www.law360.com/articles/1431321

Sports Co. Says Lacrosse Groups Biased Against Black Youth
By Melissa Angell (October 14, 2021, 11:31 PM EDT) -- Radar Sports Management hit numerous lacrosse groups with a $35 million breach of contract lawsuit on Thursday in New York federal court, saying that it's entitled to millions for the groups' discriminatory tactics after Radar's team was barred from playing in a lacrosse tournament, purportedly to prevent Black youth from participating.

Radar Sports says that the lacrosse groups, which purportedly operate jointly under the trade name Club National, acted collectively to discriminate against young Black men who wish to play lacrosse when they excluded the sports management group — which is a minority-owned business with diverse coaches and a diverse team —...

More Information on the case here:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public...LLC_et_al_v_Legacy_Lacrosse_LI_Inc_et_al

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lawsuit? Do tell…

Why were they booted?

There are many accurate things that could be said about the sport and its sometimes intentional failure to attract and retain athletes who look like America instead of looking like a Connecticut prep school roster full of Bushs, Rockefellers, and Kennedys.

AND I welcome the opportunity to lampoon Maddux and ML in general.

BUT isn't it most likely that this guy's ego is far beyond any potential level of racism he exhibits. He booted Nationals because he hates losing, hates sharing the spotlight, and sees that the Nationals / Dukes / WCS model is growing in popularity. Maybe he's racist, who knows, but I have a hard time squaring that racism was why this decision was made.

And whatever Nationals' PR game is here, only having the details listed in subscription-only websites, doesn't help clarify any of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe because Nationals' coaches approach players, not parents, and try to recruit them for their teams. I know it happened to several players on DMV teams while the players were coming off the field. The parents were weirded out by it. I can understand something like that happening at the HS level...but at 28 grad year? Come on. I have no idea about the legal issues or if this is the reason why they were booted, but it makes sense. I know many of the big clubs were tired of it. Not just ML and True, but Hawks, Legacy, etc. You add up all these clubs and u take a lot of the tournaments off the table. I'm sure it's killing the Nationals' bottom line. Sounds frivolous to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Venom was not allowed in to play, we’re still trying

Team 91 is playing NAL in the 26, 26, and 27 age divisions. Would love to see 91 playing, but have they ever ventured south of Manhattan?

Hawks beat them at NLF

NLF was in MA. Have they ever ventured south of NYC?
Played at Millon in summer

Ahhh. Who’d they play, can’t find it on Tourney Machine

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe because Nationals' coaches approach players, not parents, and try to recruit them for their teams. I know it happened to several players on DMV teams while the players were coming off the field. The parents were weirded out by it. I can understand something like that happening at the HS level...but at 28 grad year? Come on. I have no idea about the legal issues or if this is the reason why they were booted, but it makes sense. I know many of the big clubs were tired of it. Not just ML and True, but Hawks, Legacy, etc. You add up all these clubs and u take a lot of the tournaments off the table. I'm sure it's killing the Nationals' bottom line. Sounds frivolous to me.

LOL this is indeed the reason they were booted. It is pretty likely that whatever the rules were for roster substitutions, they were broken. NOW.........

The problem is that other clubs, notably True, have a well documented history of juicing rosters during tournaments with all kinds of eligible and, cough, ineligible players (the idea that True is "tired of it" is hilarious). And if these accusations were known of other clubs at this tournament...........and those clubs weren't penalized, well now you have a discrimination case on your hands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL this is indeed the reason they were booted. It is pretty likely that whatever the rules were for roster substitutions, they were broken. NOW.........

The problem is that other clubs, notably True, have a well documented history of juicing rosters during tournaments with all kinds of eligible and, cough, ineligible players (the idea that True is "tired of it" is hilarious). And if these accusations were known of other clubs at this tournament...........and those clubs weren't penalized, well now you have a discrimination case on your hands.

True is like the rest of the walmart clubs. True is buying up stuff too. They own the new place in glen burnie too. Indoor and two turfs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other clubs certainly approach players. Madlax for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly argument because Madlax AND True are constantly looking at and talking to players from other clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lawsuit? Do tell…

Why were they booted?

By Melissa Angell (October 14, 2021, 11:31 PM EDT) -- Radar Sports Management hit numerous lacrosse groups with a $35 million breach of contract lawsuit on Thursday in New York federal court, saying that it's entitled to millions for the groups' discriminatory tactics after Radar's team was barred from playing in a lacrosse tournament, purportedly to prevent Black youth from participating.

Radar Sports says that the lacrosse groups, which purportedly operate jointly under the trade name Club National, acted collectively to discriminate against young Black men who wish to play lacrosse when they excluded the sports management group — which is a minority-owned business with diverse coaches and a diverse team —...

This sounds like some race hustlers going for the gold to line their pockets.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lawsuit? Do tell…

Why were they booted?

This sounds like some race hustlers going for the gold to line their pockets.

Sounds like a way to make a few bucks and quit havin to hustle lacrosse folks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True is like the rest of the walmart clubs. True is buying up stuff too. They own the new place in glen burnie too. Indoor and two turfs.

True is always doing True Stuff (including sketchy roster moves at events). They for sure offer up the WalMart experience but also the Harris Teeter and the Grauls of youth lax in MD. They have a product for your family's demographic unless your son already plays 1st line at ML or Hawks. Why detest them for it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True is always doing True Stuff (including sketchy roster moves at events). They for sure offer up the WalMart experience but also the Harris Teeter and the Grauls of youth lax in MD. They have a product for your family's demographic unless your son already plays 1st line at ML or Hawks. Why detest them for it?

Thanks True Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the lacrosse world would be better off with cutters, eastside and Kelly post as opposed to True whatever whatever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the lacrosse world would be better off with cutters, eastside and Kelly post as opposed to True whatever whatever

True are the worst used car salesman that you can find. They latch on to small, vulnerable clubs and give them a shiny pitch. Those clubs were almost always started and created by people who wanted to make a place for their kids to play lacrosse. They snatch up other people’s creations… whether good or bad. So yea— the world would be better with successful small Clubs that fill their niche- than True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it is 2k for what is rec level lacrosse to play against other rec leagues stinks for parents and families who want to play lacrosse. Or give lacrosse a try. I get the high price for good lacrosse and upper leagues where kids can pass and catch. Bad for growth of game and makes it so only wealthy can play even at entry level. A family one year plays for eastside/kp for $700 then next year same rec coaches, same level league but 3x the price. Plus no longer get free field time. But you do get nice uniforms and chance to play on sub par regional teams. Bad for growth, great for unathletic rich kids that can't play other sports.

Then the national regional teams make no sense. So your good enough to play at AAA or elite level (National Team) but play down all year in A/B level for 10 months to play against equal completion for only 2/3 tournaments. Why not challenge yourself instead of playing down. It just seems to all be about empty face book moments rather then getting better. Plus have you ever notice how bad the form and technique is by the kids doing drills right in front of a coach in most of their social media post. Tagged "we train More". At least post doing it the right way and why are the coaches not correcting them let alone filming it. For price families are paying coaches should at least correct bad reps before they become embarrassing turnovers. That's a hefty price t0 pay to learn how to turn the ball over.......

Also not a lot of kids playing for True seem to have parents that ever played the game and know what good lacrosse looks like. Seem to prey on families that do not know any better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it is 2k for what is rec level lacrosse to play against other rec leagues stinks for parents and families who want to play lacrosse. Or give lacrosse a try. I get the high price for good lacrosse and upper leagues where kids can pass and catch. Bad for growth of game and makes it so only wealthy can play even at entry level. A family one year plays for eastside/kp for $700 then next year same rec coaches, same level league but 3x the price. Plus no longer get free field time. But you do get nice uniforms and chance to play on sub par regional teams. Bad for growth, great for unathletic rich kids that can't play other sports.

Then the national regional teams make no sense. So your good enough to play at AAA or elite level (National Team) but play down all year in A/B level for 10 months to play against equal completion for only 2/3 tournaments. Why not challenge yourself instead of playing down. It just seems to all be about empty face book moments rather then getting better. Plus have you ever notice how bad the form and technique is by the kids doing drills right in front of a coach in most of their social media post. Tagged "we train More". At least post doing it the right way and why are the coaches not correcting them let alone filming it. For price families are paying coaches should at least correct bad reps before they become embarrassing turnovers. That's a hefty price t0 pay to learn how to turn the ball over.......

Also not a lot of kids playing for True seem to have parents that ever played the game and know what good lacrosse looks like. Seem to prey on families that do not know any better

Great points.....plus families paying for 20 plus listed corporate staff salaries according to own web site. Why does a B level 9 year old (which is actually f level 10 years ago) paying for someone 8 states away. its youth low level lacrosse.

And they always seem to put all teams in lowest divisions at tournaments. Hmm gotta get that facebook picture

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals were booted from the FL tournament because they poach (or try to poach) from True, Hawks, ML, NL, Legacy among many others. If you add these clubs together they control many of the tournaments on the East Coast. Blocking them hits their bottom line. If your entire model is to play in big tournaments against the best teams (which are pretty much enumerated above) then you are ticking off the guys that throw said tournaments and are just asking for trouble. It has to be the worst business model ever....and explains the Dukes divorce a ways back. You don't need more proof than this: Nationals charged $2k for 3 fall tournaments this year. A friend on an older Nats team got a letter earlier this week saying it is down to 2 because of FL. Now they want a refund. The club was told months ago they were out and have only alerted paying customers this week? Sketchy.

That's what this lawsuit is about...money. It's not because the clubs named in the lawsuit are part of the Klan. That claim is almost too daft for words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals were booted from the FL tournament because they poach (or try to poach) from True, Hawks, ML, NL, Legacy among many others. If you add these clubs together they control many of the tournaments on the East Coast. Blocking them hits their bottom line. If your entire model is to play in big tournaments against the best teams (which are pretty much enumerated above) then you are ticking off the guys that throw said tournaments and are just asking for trouble. It has to be the worst business model ever....and explains the Dukes divorce a ways back. You don't need more proof than this: Nationals charged $2k for 3 fall tournaments this year. A friend on an older Nats team got a letter earlier this week saying it is down to 2 because of FL. Now they want a refund. The club was told months ago they were out and have only alerted paying customers this week? Sketchy.

That's what this lawsuit is about...money. It's not because the clubs named in the lawsuit are part of the Klan. That claim is almost too daft for words.

Some people named in the lawsuit have a well-documented history of saying and doing stuff. If you operate that way for that long, you put a target on your back.

And if you operate among the lowest common denominator- whether it is cheating (or moving kids around) to win your own tournaments OR marketing a subpar lacrosse experience and selling rec lax for club prices to inexperienced families to make money, there's not a lot of sympathy.

I think Madlax and True are learning there are bigger sharks out there in the lax ocean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is about money. It is about the ability of Nationals to provide the exposure for their players that they promise for the price. It is bad for their brand. What is the reason for their exclusion? It really depends on whether ML acknowleges on the record that they know True (or anyone else) does the same thing, constantly, and did not exclude True from the event.

If Nationals' hastily written lawsuit actually proceeds and ML can't prove equal/fair treatment, and if anybody on the ML staff has texted, posted, or "liked" a single racist thing in the last 10 years, there you have it.

But this is a huge gamble for Nationals......if they lose this suit, their brand is done. Nobody will want to scrimmage them, let alone place them in tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So -

Nationals is suing Madlax for not letting them play In tournaments- but are somehow tying it to racial discrimination?

What is the connection here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A $35 mln discrimination case in federal court is laughable. Odds are pretty high it gets tossed and then u will get a counter suit and so long Nationals. Ppl who organize tourneys can let whomever they want in. Knowing most of these characters they pretty much will take anybody's money. So they must really dislike the club. You may detest all of the above, but that's not legal grounds for a lawsuit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A $35 mln discrimination case in federal court is laughable. Odds are pretty high it gets tossed and then u will get a counter suit and so long Nationals. Ppl who organize tourneys can let whomever they want in. Knowing most of these characters they pretty much will take anybody's money. So they must really dislike the club. You may detest all of the above, but that's not legal grounds for a lawsuit.

Honestly and from a marketing / branding standpoint, if I were Nationals I would have embraced the "we're so good that Madlax banned us" brand.

Would have been a whole lot cheaper (just refunding some parents' money), would have attracted more players, and wouldn't be this huge gamble on the brand that this likely-to-fail suit is.

But I just run a $20M business so what do I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly and from a marketing / branding standpoint, if I were Nationals I would have embraced the "we're so good that Madlax banned us" brand.

Would have been a whole lot cheaper (just refunding some parents' money), would have attracted more players, and wouldn't be this huge gamble on the brand that this likely-to-fail suit is.

I do not run a $20M business nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night but i thought the exact same thing you did. It looks like petty rich people fighting over white people problems. If I'm Nationals I literally make it part of my logo that "we're so good Madlax won't let us play" and skip the court drama and $

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, and just continue the model and play tournaments elsewhere. I mean if u are a parent crazy enough to pay 2k for 3 tournaments I'm confident you are also crazy enough to hop on a plane and play in Denver, etc etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not run a $20M business nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night but i thought the exact same thing you did. It looks like petty rich people fighting over white people problems. If I'm Nationals I literally make it part of my logo that "we're so good Madlax won't let us play" and skip the court drama and $

Anyone who knows this org knows that G is a slimy car salesman. G owes people money that he swindled from his days in PA (pay in advance for a tournament, can't field a team for said tourney, then won't refund the money for the tourney, which is why he and his business were banned from the Duke's program and received a cease and desist from E's attorneys' on the use of The Duke's name. See PA thread for more details). He's such a smart guy he used his LLC (Radar Sports Management) address as his residential address in NC which is on the record in the complaint so now people who are looking for him since he got run out of Allentown know where he is and can collect. Brilliant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML had approached mine…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML had approached mine…

It’s just a bad look for every single one of these clubs. I hope Lou gets paid, only because true and Madlax have the most predatory way about them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML had approached mine…

It’s just a bad look for every single one of these clubs. I hope Lou gets paid, only because true and Madlax have the most predatory way about them

Agree that it is a bad look for all of them, and that they all poach each other's players. It's part of the game. But at last year's Orlando tournament, Nationals was adding players to its roster who were already at the event and already rostered on other teams playing at the same event. So the issue was not merely poaching players, but was breaking the rules of the tournament itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, and just continue the model and play tournaments elsewhere. I mean if u are a parent crazy enough to pay 2k for 3 tournaments I'm confident you are also crazy enough to hop on a plane and play in Denver, etc etc.

Its not 2k for 3 tournaments. 2k for the year. Some teams played up to 27 games. 2k is about half of some clubs with more games and exposure then most

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML had approached mine…

We're not on ML but they did reach out a couple times, but always through me as a parent and never at a tournament. It's not my place to defend everything about their program, but they played it straight with us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ML had approached mine…

We're not on ML but they did reach out a couple times, but always through me as a parent and never at a tournament. It's not my place to defend everything about their program, but they played it straight with us.

I wrote the post above, they reached out to me, not my son. Didn’t mean to imply that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Maryland just beat true Annapolis heard the picked up a kid from BLC orange who had 7 last game

Was that Sunday?

Why didn’t the Hawks and True Annapolis play their scheduled game on Sunday? Both were 3-0 in the pool play.

True bailed. They had a common opponent at the tourney, True won 5-2, Hawks beat the same team like 16-0. They didn’t want to play.

Hawks also did not need the 4th game. They can play True Annapolis whenever they want when it’s not Halloween after 3 games. Fall t shirt glory will have to wait, no biggie.

Maybe but they have never just played a game. Would make so much sense to scrimmage at practice but that wouldn’t get hogan and the true laxer their money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is playing a 2029 team tomorrow??

Attn Madlax dads. You’ve lost your right to post here for a period of 3 months. The audacity of you guys, and then you play a 2029! Hahahahahaha. Lax dad card revoked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams pulled out. They were afraid to play us just like the Hawks at NAL. Looks like every other Hawks age group is there too.....contrary to the 28 liar dads commenting a couple weeks ago.

https://www.nalacrosse.com/fall-event/

At least WCS has some balls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams pulled out. They were afraid to play us just like the Hawks at NAL. Looks like every other Hawks age group is there too.....contrary to the 28 liar dads commenting a couple weeks ago.

It’s more likely nobody wanted to play in your poorly run all hype tournament. WCS already purchase their tickets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also Madlax gave themselves the easiest opening draw at NAL. You guys got to keep it real here….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing 2029 team but afraid to play Venom next weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is playing a lower level 2029 team. Not even a top tier 2029. Bwahahahahaahahahahhh

Unbelievable. They’ll never live that one down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They changed the schedule at adrenaline.

Yes Madlax is ducking 91 venom but at least they aren’t playing the 29s anymore.

Interesting to see how the WCS game goes.

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 257 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 256 257
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard