BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parent of a 2022. If your son is one of the best in the grade (mine is not), the grades do not matter. The coach will get him into the school. So do not worry. If you are a solid player and have amazing grades, your son is better off forgetting lacrosse and going to the best school he can academically. Otherwise he will be dumbing himself down just to play lacrosse, which can get taken away in a minute. Either an injury, coach change, world wide pandemic. Choose the beat fit foe your son.

It will be interesting to see if any lax rats on the top AA team go to college just for lax and wind up working for my son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have 4 committed as well.

That's it? Well, I guess you need high grades to get in to most great schools.

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

No excuses and I was the one harping that the numbers seem small. I have been through it before. Let’s see where your kid winds up. I just think people should be open to the fact that it my not be how you imagined….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have 4 committed as well.

That's it? Well, I guess you need high grades to get in to most great schools.

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

No excuses and I was the one harping that the numbers seem small. I have been through it before. Let’s see where your kid winds up. I just think people should be open to the fact that it my not be how you imagined….

I believe the reason the numbers are not higher is because people are taking their time. Most people I have spoke with want to make sure the fit is right academically, socially and lacrosse wise. No need to rush at this point. All the top players and even the next tier players have had contact with coaches. Find the best fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2022. If your son is one of the best in the grade (mine is not), the grades do not matter. The coach will get him into the school. So do not worry. If you are a solid player and have amazing grades, your son is better off forgetting lacrosse and going to the best school he can academically. Otherwise he will be dumbing himself down just to play lacrosse, which can get taken away in a minute. Either an injury, coach change, world wide pandemic. Choose the beat fit foe your son.

This is one of the absolute densest posts ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see if any lax rats on the top AA team go to college just for lax and wind up working for my son.

hahaha most likely.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw an IL tweet that 100 juniors have already committed since sept 1st. Wow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the Rebels had a pair of commits yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well aren't they just the best! Definitely the best club to be on hahah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the commitment process for D3 schools? Do they ever have pre-regular admission verbal commitments like the D1's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? Think that was just an update. If your this petty over a club assume you may have been cut from it. However, more of an excitement to see more Long Island D1 guys! All about guys finding the right spot. At this point I think we have a consensus on just rooting for future success for these young men.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels, FLG, 91, Express, Igloo, and Legacy all get criticized here consistently. But if college recruiting is the agreed end game these are the clubs that have the most success. There are only a few clubs with consistent D1 commits and top D3 commits each year. For the last 8 or more years the only clubs that can say that they have many D1/top D3 commits are 91, Express, FLG and the Rebels which continues its success from the Outlaws. Igloo and legacy getting some traction and may be able to match these clubs if they can put together another 5 or more consecutive years of successful recruiting. After those clubs you have clubs like icon who had one good year of recruiting and that is it. Let’s see if clubs like S2S and others who will have a great year this year can keep it up for as many years 91, Express, FLG and Rebels/Outlaws have been able to. Say what you want about these clubs but they have all done well for recruiting despite the consent bashing here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels, FLG, 91, Express, Igloo, and Legacy all get criticized here consistently. But if college recruiting is the agreed end game these are the clubs that have the most success. There are only a few clubs with consistent D1 commits and top D3 commits each year. For the last 8 or more years the only clubs that can say that they have many D1/top D3 commits are 91, Express, FLG and the Rebels which continues its success from the Outlaws. Igloo and legacy getting some traction and may be able to match these clubs if they can put together another 5 or more consecutive years of successful recruiting. After those clubs you have clubs like icon who had one good year of recruiting and that is it. Let’s see if clubs like S2S and others who will have a great year this year can keep it up for as many years 91, Express, FLG and Rebels/Outlaws have been able to. Say what you want about these clubs but they have all done well for recruiting despite the consent bashing here.

Aren’t we over the club bashing at this point? Now more than ever it doesn’t matter if your kids club is better than mine. Who wins and who loses doesn’t matter. If you haven’t focused on your kid over the last few years now is the time. Get over it. Travel is a done deal for our boys. On to the next chapter. May they find schools that will make them successful in life and if they get to play lax along the way great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to lead a miserable life to post snarky comments at this point. It so weak, hopefully your children don’t follow in your footsteps. What ever are you going to do next year? Such a lost, enjoy your pathetic life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t we over the club bashing at this point? Now more than ever it doesn’t matter if your kids club is better than mine. Who wins and who loses doesn’t matter. If you haven’t focused on your kid over the last few years now is the time. Get over it. Travel is a done deal for our boys. On to the next chapter. May they find schools that will make them successful in life and if they get to play lax along the way great.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Finally someone with common sense, good luck to all the boys I hope they all find a great fit for them at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read the longer quote it is not bashing any clubs. From these post that you commented on there was one person who bashed the rebels. The other two posts were actually positive posts about different clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the commitment process for D3 schools? Do they ever have pre-regular admission verbal commitments like the D1's?

I believe May, verbally confirms their top recruits, June pre-admin, July 1 offers.... there might be some interactions before may, but that's the basics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

according to ty xanders a few days ago as fo 9/22 - 90 commits in 21 vs 160 in 20 vs 35 in 19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the following "B" teams get any 2023 college commits?
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

I'm a True Blue parent I know one player committed to UNC and there is another 4-6 players talking with D-1 schools. I hope this helps your sarcastic post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

I'm a True Blue parent I know one player committed to UNC and there is another 4-6 players talking with D-1 schools. I hope this helps your sarcastic post.
I’m pretty sure the the high school got those kids recruited. But truth be told that true blue team had the best coach that program had and he’s done coaching for them now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

I’m pretty sure the the high school got those kids recruited. But truth be told that true blue team had the best coach that program had and he’s done coaching for them now.

I agree, the Massapequa coach was very good. Unfortunately not in power any longer.
The Turtles organization is a joke.
FLG doesn't have any 2023 recruits yet, but will soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the UNC commit on True Blue plays for such a powerhouse High School True Blue had nothing to do with it. I get ya True Blue isn't 91 but stop you sarcastic remarks when does it end on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have kids that have played on both 91 and Express AA team over the years. I know the TB team well and there are some very good players on that team at the 23 group. Maybe not a top top team but again some very good individual players. Had a good 20 team too. Congrats on the UNC LSM - he is legit. Parents on bigger clubs must be so pissed. I am not surprised that there are some other boys on that team talking to D1 coaches. Best of luck to them and all our LI boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the UNC commit on True Blue plays for such a powerhouse High School True Blue had nothing to do with it. I get ya True Blue isn't 91 but stop you sarcastic remarks when does it end on here.

I think the college coaches are just recruiting the best players regardless of club team or high school. If you are a good player and go to a showcase or 2 and attend the prospect day of the school you are interested in attending it works out. FLG, TB, 91, Express - good players get found. There is 2021 at Hopkins now that played ICON. I had never heard of ICON or seen them at any tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the college coaches are just recruiting the best players regardless of club team or high school. If you are a good player and go to a showcase or 2 and attend the prospect day of the school you are interested in attending it works out. FLG, TB, 91, Express - good players get found. There is 2021 at Hopkins now that played ICON. I had never heard of ICON or seen them at any tournaments.

Icon 2021 was a top team for 2021. Would beat top express and 91 teams at times. Owner has many connections. It was a shock when he could not build off that team. The Hopkins kid was well known from 8th grade and committed at that time to Syracuse. But later went to Hopkins. For 2021 only a few clubs had many d1 commits. 91AA, Express AA, FLG, Igloo, Rebels, icon and Legacy. Those are the only ones that had more than 5 d1 commits. The rest had zero or at most 1 or 2. It helps to be on a club team who has a history of success at recruiting or a top team even if on top for only one year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had 3 boys play in the program and From my experience at Tb there is zero help in the recruitment process at their program. I’m not bashing them I’m not trash talking them I’m speaking from experience. My oldest boy had to literally do everything on his own for the recruitment process. My second son no longer plays travel lacrosse and my third is in 7th grade playing for another club that has been very successful in getting kids placed where they belong for college lacrosse as per some close friends past experiences. Tb isn’t a bad program but unfortunately Idt they put the effort into the final chapter of the kids lacrosse chapter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely true colleges can care less what travel program you are on. They want the best athletes/players for there team. Good luck to the boys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely true colleges can care less what travel program you are on. They want the best athletes/players for there team. Good luck to the boys...

You are spot on. If only the parents of younger kids new this. Play for the best team you can AND also get plenty of playing time. That is the key.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are spot on. If only the parents of younger kids new this. Play for the best team you can AND also get plenty of playing time. That is the key.

What do you do when you think your son is on one of the best teams but gets blown out at tournaments and the director keeps telling the parents how great their connections are but the kids aren't getting recruited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When reaching out to coaches, should it be through a recruiting site (sports recruits etc) or just through normal email?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you do when you think your son is on one of the best teams but gets blown out at tournaments and the director keeps telling the parents how great their connections are but the kids aren't getting recruited?

If your are really asking this question at this point in your kids travel career, you have missed the boat. How long have they been getting blown out? Does your kid see the field and perform well when he is out there? It isn’t always about the win at this point. Have their been lots of recruits in the organization in previous years? These are al things you should know. Also, maybe your kid isn’t as good as you think they are. Not every kid is going to get recruited. Not every A team kid goes D1. The pool is way bigger than LI. Be realistic about your kids ability. Pick schools they want to go to and then see if lax will follow. I would also speak to your coach and ask how he will help through the recruiting process. If they aren’t going to help do some research and have your kid start reaching out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your are really asking this question at this point in your kids travel career, you have missed the boat. How long have they been getting blown out? Does your kid see the field and perform well when he is out there? It isn’t always about the win at this point. Have their been lots of recruits in the organization in previous years? These are al things you should know. Also, maybe your kid isn’t as good as you think they are. Not every kid is going to get recruited. Not every A team kid goes D1. The pool is way bigger than LI. Be realistic about your kids ability. Pick schools they want to go to and then see if lax will follow. I would also speak to your coach and ask how he will help through the recruiting process. If they aren’t going to help do some research and have your kid start reaching out.

I don’t think it was a real question. But if it was your answer was very good. The only other thing I would add to it is are there a lot of coaches on the sidelines at your kids games? Keep in mind some of the lower top clubs that are able to get into the best tournaments will schedule a game or two against teams like crabs, 91, express etc. just to get In front of a lot of coaches who are watching those better teams players. It is actually a great strategy and very effective. If a coach sees your kid perform well against those clubs he can definitely make their list for a follow up view of the kid. The bottom line is hope coaches are coming to watch your kids game and those coaches are from schools your kid would like to go to. If that is not happening then maybe he is on the wrong club. At the very least go to showcases/ prospect camps and hope that the coach likes the kid and Follows to watch him at a club event. That is the way it usually works. A kid is spotted either at some event or showcase/Prospect camp then they come to the club game to follow up to confirm what they saw. Or if he is spotted at a club game he’s asked to come to a prospect camp to confirm what they saw. It is not rocket science. You just have to be on the field in front of coaches of schools your kid wants to attend. Wins and losses mean nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

I think the answer is yes but I would also be curious to hear what other think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The D1 coaches are calling names from the top recruiting showcases. Most top schools are looking at videos but only interested in the big boys. D2 schools are interested in anybody, and D3 doesn't really care until year 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These coaches get hundreds if not thousands of emails and videos sent to them. If No one was calling the coach of the desired school for your son. Chances are he or his assistants didn’t look at the film. Be honest with your assessment of your sons skills and if you believe he has what it takes to compete at the desired school. Go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The D1 coaches are calling names from the top recruiting showcases. Most top schools are looking at videos but only interested in the big boys. D2 schools are interested in anybody, and D3 doesn't really care until year 2022.

There is no set answer and each kid takes a different path. For example, my older guy plays d1 and got many calls September 1 of his junior year. His calls ranged from top d1 to probably top 35 lacrosse schools. Funny that he got no calls from lower level d1. In fact as time went on and he got more calls from d1 very few were from lower level schools. I bring this up because he never emailed lower level schools. So email contact is very important. Also, he went to only three individual college prospect camps. The rest he relied on showcases where there were many schools and club recruiting tournaments. When talking to coaches they seemed to have seen him at top recruiting showcases and club tournaments. I will say although he did get offers from many schools where he did not attend their prospect camp some of those schools asked why he never attended even though he was invited. My advise would be go to showcases where your target schools and many other coaches are at and only target a handful of individual camps. If he is not getting looks or calls you need to get to showcases where there are a lot of coaches to see him. If they like him they will either overlook that he did not go to the prospect camp or tell him to go to the prospect day at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no set answer and each kid takes a different path. For example, my older guy plays d1 and got many calls September 1 of his junior year. His calls ranged from top d1 to probably top 35 lacrosse schools. Funny that he got no calls from lower level d1. In fact as time went on and he got more calls from d1 very few were from lower level schools. I bring this up because he never emailed lower level schools. So email contact is very important. Also, he went to only three individual college prospect camps. The rest he relied on showcases where there were many schools and club recruiting tournaments. When talking to coaches they seemed to have seen him at top recruiting showcases and club tournaments. I will say although he did get offers from many schools where he did not attend their prospect camp some of those schools asked why he never attended even though he was invited. My advise would be go to showcases where your target schools and many other coaches are at and only target a handful of individual camps. If he is not getting looks or calls you need to get to showcases where there are a lot of coaches to see him. If they like him they will either overlook that he did not go to the prospect camp or tell him to go to the prospect day at some point.

My son had an injury so unfortunately missed the entire summer. He is now completely recovered and is signed up for a few showcases this Fall. One of the showcases is invite only and there will be a lot of coaches in attendance. What is the protocol for these showcases, should he email the coaches of schools he’s interested in beforehand to ask them to give him a look? If he plays well is it possible that coaches he didn’t reach out to beforehand would reach out to him? How proactive do you need to be?

Also, are these school prospect days just a money grab or do colleges actually scout the kids who show up seriously? My son was invited to a couple of big showcases over the summer that he couldn’t attend and now he gets email blasts from tons of schools to attend their prospect days (I’m assuming they got his info from these showcases but I guess it could come from somewhere else).

Any legit feedback would be helpful since we’re from a non lacrosse hotbed and my son left his club team so we’re doing this a bit on our own (my son blamed the head coach for his injury during a meaningless spring scrimmage, whether it really was the coach’s fault or not doesn’t matter bc my son is convinced he wasn’t looking out for his best interests and wouldn’t play for him again).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son had an injury so unfortunately missed the entire summer. He is now completely recovered and is signed up for a few showcases this Fall. One of the showcases is invite only and there will be a lot of coaches in attendance. What is the protocol for these showcases, should he email the coaches of schools he’s interested in beforehand to ask them to give him a look? If he plays well is it possible that coaches he didn’t reach out to beforehand would reach out to him? How proactive do you need to be?

Also, are these school prospect days just a money grab or do colleges actually scout the kids who show up seriously? My son was invited to a couple of big showcases over the summer that he couldn’t attend and now he gets email blasts from tons of schools to attend their prospect days (I’m assuming they got his info from these showcases but I guess it could come from somewhere else).

Any legit feedback would be helpful since we’re from a non lacrosse hotbed and my son left his club team so we’re doing this a bit on our own (my son blamed the head coach for his injury during a meaningless spring scrimmage, whether it really was the coach’s fault or not doesn’t matter bc my son is convinced he wasn’t looking out for his best interests and wouldn’t play for him again).

Your last paragraph is concerning. A coach set up a scrimmage to continue to develop your son and give him more game experience. Your son got hurt during that and it was the coaches fault? Would it have been the coaches fault if it was a tournament? He could have opted out of the scrimmage if it was beneath him. Sounds like your kid has some growing up to do.

That being said he needs to market himself. Send videos to schools he is interested in. He should attend prospect camps at schools on his list or showcases that have a lot of coaches attending. He should be prepared for questions about his injury and why he left his club. We are relying on connections that our club coach has and have him listed as a contact. College coaches want kids who are coachable. They will talk to the club coaches. Burning a bridge at this point in the game probably wasn’t a god idea. Life lesson for your kid.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard