BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 257 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 256 257
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah holdback talk is boring. With Kelly in at FCA, is there any age group with a more prominent set of head coaches than 2028 Elite? You’ve got Dave Mitchell for NL and Cabel for Madlax on the sidelines already. Need to get Hogan to personally take over the 2028 Hawks, the Megills to take over BLC, and the King Crab and then we’d have them all.

Don't forget Dan Cocci and Matt Musci coaching the '28 Predators, baby.

Predator's should start off in elite. HOCO probably make them AAA . Heard talent is off the charts.

This is comical. Predators is a new team that picked up the majority of the kids from HOCO Pink and castoffs from FCA White. How that makes them an Elite team, you tell me. Middle of the road AAA team at best.
It is a new season! Guess we will see! Maybe they are kids who weren’t given a chance on their old teams because of politics and coaches and people like you. Either way, don’t knock them til you beat them.

Predators’ parents embarrassing themselves on ALL the boards on this forum. How about you play a game first?
Don’t knock them til you beat them!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do understand how pathetic it is if someone is held back in middle school to have an advantage in lacrosse. Those parents need to have their heads examined and their kid will likely amount to nothing in the short- and long-term.

I don't understand all the anger and hopelessness when discussing a summer birthday. So if my kid was born on August 20 he's a lost who was notIntelligent and had to be held back in kindergarten and is only good because he's a holdback? But if he's born 12 days later none of that is true?

Honestly, you guys need help.

You may be taking this a bit too personal!? Chill lax… The age topic is always going to cause a stir.

I believe people are talking more about actual holdbacks for Lacrosse / sports , than the earlier/later birthday scenario. 1 to 2 full years age and skills development in Junior High and HS can make a huge difference and give recruiting advantages. It’s the rules about this that are at fault.

If other people are doing it for their kids, and you see those kids getting the recruiting advantages? If you could, would you do it for yours to give them possible more opportunities for college recruitment?

Classic responses on this board. People are absolutely talking about kids "held back" in preschool and kindergarten. There has not been any mention of people holding their kid back this year. If you know someone doing that you should talk to them directly and not lump them into every kid born in the summer. There also isn't anyone on here pounding their chests about how awesome their holdback kid is. People are spouting off, calling kids too notIntelligent, and cheaters. Then there's a response calling those people out and using logic and the response if "whoo chill dude, nobody is doing that."

Give me a break.

The age topic is only causing a stir with insecure parents who are worried their kid won't be recruited and are bitter that some parents understood child development when their son was 3 and they didn't. They should have read those baby books.

Of course it also about people like you who want your child to have an advantage others dont get. Like all you holdback apologists, you try to lump " everyone is upset about my Kindergarten heldback child, How could poor poor me know, what his future was, I just did what is best " ... No one cares that you held your son back or any reason..You are the parent, do what you want. .No One cares..

What you want is to have some advantage over other young children in sports. These same children that have the same exact Birthday like your heldback in kindergarten prefirst player.

So let's be clear, I am as are most people calling you out, not for holding your child back, Frankly I dont even care if parents hold there child back in 8th grade ( its their right as a parent) .... What the problem is that you want to tilt the rules to favor your child over others. Really simple

The best is your earlier lame excuse.. Why do I want my child to be the youngest on age player, Poor guy is born in the summer, I will take advantage of grade based due to him being a prefirst or reclass) , of course you now are the oldest and somehow you think that is fair. LOL.. You come off as some privileged insecure individual to say, my child cant have any disadvantage, I am getting my advantage, who cares if the rest of children are left behind,

How many times in one post can you say you don't care before showing that you obviously care a lot?

You seem unhinged, but are you seriously making an argument that being a parent doesn't include trying to set your son up for success? Do you use this logic to attack people who fill out an application for their kid to go to a charter school, read to them, make sure they eat healthy, limit screen time, take them to the pediatrician, and generally nurture them? Does their success in life really not count because they had advantages? What is a parent to do in your world?

I never said it was fair. It's not fair, just like you being born with a low IQ. I asked what is someone supposed to do, push them into pre-K to ensure they're always the youngest and so you don't get butt hurt in 9 years? Should I tie one arm behind my son's back to make it fairer for your kid? Nobody is tilting the rules. The rules are the rules and we're all living within them. If you don't like it you should do something about it. Venting here isn't getting you anywhere.

It's ridiculous that people like you get so worked up over an arbitrary cutoff date. Let's put it a week after your kid is born and then dump all over you, or would you accept your kid being the youngest to keep fueling your excuses?

Hilarious. I am the one unhinged and you are the one digging a deeper and deeper hole .

You really must be some pampered privileged insecure individual. To equate getting your son into a better school , reading to him , nurturing them, etc, etc as an excuse to play down in youth sports has got to go down as one of the greatest excuses yet. LOL.

I especially enjoyed you comparing fairness in youth sports to someone that has a low IQ . Common sense must not be your strong point.

And yes, My older son starts and is a summer birthday. Unlike you and others, If I did get an advantage because he did a prefirst, I would not be here making up lame excuses for my advantage. I would except that I have one and others dont, keep my mouth shut and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah holdback talk is boring. With Kelly in at FCA, is there any age group with a more prominent set of head coaches than 2028 Elite? You’ve got Dave Mitchell for NL and Cabel for Madlax on the sidelines already. Need to get Hogan to personally take over the 2028 Hawks, the Megills to take over BLC, and the King Crab and then we’d have them all.

Don't forget Dan Cocci and Matt Musci coaching the '28 Predators, baby.

Predator's should start off in elite. HOCO probably make them AAA . Heard talent is off the charts.

This is comical. Predators is a new team that picked up the majority of the kids from HOCO Pink and castoffs from FCA White. How that makes them an Elite team, you tell me. Middle of the road AAA team at best.
It is a new season! Guess we will see! Maybe they are kids who weren’t given a chance on their old teams because of politics and coaches and people like you. Either way, don’t knock them til you beat them.

Predators’ parents embarrassing themselves on ALL the boards on this forum. How about you play a game first?
Don’t knock them til you beat them!

Exactly. Watch out world, Predators are in Baltimore looking for action .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do understand how pathetic it is if someone is held back in middle school to have an advantage in lacrosse. Those parents need to have their heads examined and their kid will likely amount to nothing in the short- and long-term.

I don't understand all the anger and hopelessness when discussing a summer birthday. So if my kid was born on August 20 he's a lost who was notIntelligent and had to be held back in kindergarten and is only good because he's a holdback? But if he's born 12 days later none of that is true?

You may be taking this a bit too personal!? Chill lax… The age topic is always going to cause a stir.

I believe people are talking more about actual holdbacks for Lacrosse / sports , than the earlier/later birthday scenario. 1 to 2 full years age and skills development in Junior High and HS can make a huge difference and give recruiting advantages. It’s the rules about this that are at fault.

If other people are doing it for their kids, and you see those kids getting the recruiting advantages? If you could, would you do it for yours to give them possible more opportunities for college recruitment?

Classic responses on this board. People are absolutely talking about kids "held back" in preschool and kindergarten. There has not been any mention of people holding their kid back this year. If you know someone doing that you should talk to them directly and not lump them into every kid born in the summer. There also isn't anyone on here pounding their chests about how awesome their holdback kid is. People are spouting off, calling kids too notIntelligent, and cheaters. Then there's a response calling those people out and using logic and the response if "whoo chill dude, nobody is doing that."

Give me a break.

The age topic is only causing a stir with insecure parents who are worried their kid won't be recruited and are bitter that some parents understood child development when their son was 3 and they didn't. They should have read those baby books.

Of course it also about people like you who want your child to have an advantage others dont get. Like all you holdback apologists, you try to lump " everyone is upset about my Kindergarten heldback child, How could poor poor me know, what his future was, I just did what is best " ... No one cares that you held your son back or any reason..You are the parent, do what you want. .No One cares..

What you want is to have some advantage over other young children in sports. These same children that have the same exact Birthday like your heldback in kindergarten prefirst player.

So let's be clear, I am as are most people calling you out, not for holding your child back, Frankly I dont even care if parents hold there child back in 8th grade ( its their right as a parent) .... What the problem is that you want to tilt the rules to favor your child over others. Really simple

The best is your earlier lame excuse.. Why do I want my child to be the youngest on age player, Poor guy is born in the summer, I will take advantage of grade based due to him being a prefirst or reclass) , of course you now are the oldest and somehow you think that is fair. LOL.. You come off as some privileged insecure individual to say, my child cant have any disadvantage, I am getting my advantage, who cares if the rest of children are left behind,

How many times in one post can you say you don't care before showing that you obviously care a lot?

You seem unhinged, but are you seriously making an argument that being a parent doesn't include trying to set your son up for success? Do you use this logic to attack people who fill out an application for their kid to go to a charter school, read to them, make sure they eat healthy, limit screen time, take them to the pediatrician, and generally nurture them? Does their success in life really not count because they had advantages? What is a parent to do in your world?

I never said it was fair. It's not fair, just like you being born with a low IQ. I asked what is someone supposed to do, push them into pre-K to ensure they're always the youngest and so you don't get butt hurt in 9 years? Should I tie one arm behind my son's back to make it fairer for your kid? Nobody is tilting the rules. The rules are the rules and we're all living within them. If you don't like it you should do something about it. Venting here isn't getting you anywhere.

It's ridiculous that people like you get so worked up over an arbitrary cutoff date. Let's put it a week after your kid is born and then dump all over you, or would you accept your kid being the youngest to keep fueling your excuses?

Hilarious. I am the one unhinged and you are the one digging a deeper and deeper hole .

You really must be some pampered privileged insecure individual. To equate getting your son into a better school , reading to him , nurturing them, etc, etc as an excuse to play down in youth sports has got to go down as one of the greatest excuses yet. LOL.

I especially enjoyed you comparing fairness in youth sports to someone that has a low IQ . Common sense must not be your strong point.

And yes, My older son starts and is a summer birthday. Unlike you and others, If I did get an advantage because he did a prefirst, I would not be here making up lame excuses for my advantage. I would except that I have one and others dont, keep my mouth shut and move on.

What a nut job! Your son must really be bad at lacrosse and you really must enjoy tilting the rules so you can say how good he is and pound your chest! Wow, he's a starter?! You and your older son is everything that's wrong with youth sports!

Nobody has made excuses (you should look up the definition of the word). All that's ever been said is that people (like yourself, I guess) shouldn't be told their kid is terrible and can't cut it because they made a choice 8 years ago to have their kid wait to enter Pre-K.

Move on, Mr. Low IQ. You are putting on a clinic for what it means to be an unhinged, nonsensical, raving, buffoon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are these preds people putting these huge targets on these kids backs?

Been selling wolf tickets for months and I’m not sure why?

Just show up and play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Predators dad, what events will we see the 28 Predators at this fall? Fall Fray in DE, Maryland Invitational at Blandair, Adrenaline Gold Cup in DE, NAL...??

Rude awakening on the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break.

The age topic is only causing a stir with insecure parents who are worried their kid won't be recruited and are bitter that some parents understood child development when their son was 3 and they didn't. They should have read those baby boo

It's ridiculous that people like you get so worked up over an arbitrary cutoff date. Let's put it a week after your kid is born and then dump all over you, or would you accept your kid being the youngest to keep fueling your excuse

What a nut job! Your son must really be bad at lacrosse and you really must enjoy tilting the rules so you can say how good he is and pound your chest! Wow, he's a starter?! You and your older son is everything that's wrong with youth sports!

Nobody has made excuses (you should look up the definition of the word). All that's ever been said is that people (like yourself, I guess) shouldn't be told their kid is terrible and can't cut it because they made a choice 8 years ago to have their kid wait to enter Pre-K.

Move on, Mr. Low IQ. You are putting on a clinic for what it means to be an unhinged, nonsensical, raving, buffoon.

WOW ! You really are unhinged ..I guess actually debating the issue is to much for your pampered privileged insecure self. Typical response, Cant justify what you said with any reason or common sense, just some babble. LOL.

Still like the hilarious comparisons of youth sports to getting in better schools and low IQ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just show up and play.

It’s not the Preds people. Just trolls stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just show up and play.

I would bet good money it's the opposite - a dad coach from a team that lost his Elite club second line players to Preds.

Saying a club "looks loaded" before the first practice ball has ever been rolled out. Cmon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break.

The age topic is only causing a stir with insecure parents who are worried their kid won't be recruited and are bitter that some parents understood child development when their son was 3 and they didn't. They should have read those baby boo

It's ridiculous that people like you get so worked up over an arbitrary cutoff date. Let's put it a week after your kid is born and then dump all over you, or would you accept your kid being the youngest to keep fueling your excuse

WOW ! You really are unhinged ..I guess actually debating the issue is to much for your pampered privileged insecure self. Typical response, Cant justify what you said with any reason or common sense, just some babble. LOL.

Still like the hilarious comparisons of youth sports to getting in better schools and low IQ.

The only relationship between your low IQ and youth sports is your ability to effectively articulate about youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the USCL rankings come out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Time to clear up some more nonsense.

The reason why there are so many unathletic one-sport lacrosse-only players is because lacrosse is the ONLY youth sport that organizes kids by grade, not calendar age.

It is a way for non-athletic kids to compete at a higher level than they can in other sports that are categorized by age.

Want to see who the true athletes are? Look at who the multisport athletes are.

When these lax-only kids are forced to play other sports with other kids (on age) they can't compete. So you will hear lax-only parents say phrases like, "Jimmy is going to "focus on lacrosse this year" (the only sport where his built-in age/size advantage lies).

That built-in advantage is compounded in lacrosse because stickwork is very often a barrier to access. Fortunately for lax-only kids, many of the best athletes don't see or notice lacrosse until high school when learning how to throw can be sold as "probably too hard for you to learn." Additionally, the better multisport athletes are not REALLY focused on stickwork in the offseason. They are playing football, soccer and basketball etc. instead of "hitting the wall."

Advantage-older, less athletic kids just playing lacrosse. At least through middle school.

The goal with most of these lesser-talented, older athletes is that they "focus on lacrosse early" with stickwork and an extra year of age, coordination and size to their advantage. Once the real athletes enter the equation in high school, it's a different story. And it's why you get so many mad, crazy, irate parents when their son doesn't play like he used to in middle school.

Enough about that. Carry on with your circular conversations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reason why there are so many unathletic one-sport lacrosse-only players is because lacrosse is the ONLY youth sport that organizes kids by grade, not calendar age.

It is a way for non-athletic kids to compete at a higher level than they can in other sports that are categorized by age.

When these lax-only kids are forced to play other sports with other kids (on age) they can't compete. So you will hear lax-only parents say phrases like, "Jimmy is going to "focus on lacrosse this year" (the only sport where his built-in age/size advantage lies).

That built-in advantage is compounded in lacrosse because stickwork is very often a barrier to access. Fortunately for lax-only kids, many of the best athletes don't see or notice lacrosse until high school when learning how to throw can be sold as "probably too hard for you to learn." Additionally, the better multisport athletes are not REALLY focused on stickwork in the offseason. They are playing football, soccer and basketball etc. instead of "hitting the wall."

Advantage-older, less athletic kids just playing lacrosse. At least through middle school.

The goal with most of these lesser-talented, older athletes is that they "focus on lacrosse early" with stickwork and an extra year of age, coordination and size to their advantage. Once the real athletes enter the equation in high school, it's a different story. And it's why you get so many mad, crazy, irate parents when their son doesn't play like he used to in middle school.

This reasoning is a big reason why holdbacks/prefirsts are so popular and defended in lacrosse. Hard to remember back so far, but it was a huge deal between grades until you got to late middle school. Boys grow at a slower pace then girls and grow all the way to 20. Each year was wow, I am a XX grader now.

One year in youth makes a huge difference when you have players that are within a small range of skills. Really is a shame of grade base. Makes parents do/consider some things they wouldnt with age base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep that to yourself. The 5 ft 10 inch and under average athletic white guy needs some place to shine, and it is much easier a year older too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If other people are doing it for their kids, and you see those kids getting the recruiting advantages? If you could, would you do it for yours to give them possible more opportunities for college recruitment

Give me a break.

Look at you. In life usually the one spouting off the loudest is the one who is doing just what they claim others are doing along with generally being what they claim others are. Might want to look in the mirror before writing . lol

Must be a Politician here, you in MD senate or house of Delegates?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are teams doing? Do folks have their schedules yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This actually comes in to play more at college level with our MIAA superstars. Up until a few years ago before explosion of lacrosse , many decent athletic players in MD had enough skill to play D1. Now with real athletes coming on the scene from all over country, MIAA players at top level are getting fewer and fewer starting positions. They can still contribute on team as practice players as there skills are usually above average.

In HS they can still shine as they have played ahead of others since their youth, this due to be older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are teams doing? Do folks have their schedules yet?

NL--Atlantic Elite Showcase, Maryland Lacrosse Tournament, Battle on the Bay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 28s:

Fall Fray - DE
MD Invitational- Blandair
National Fallfest - MD
Adrenaline Gold Cup - DE
NAL - DE

US ClubLax Nationals - FL (January)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 28s:

Fall Fray - DE
MD Invitational- Blandair
National Fallfest - MD
Adrenaline Gold Cup - DE
NAL - DE

US ClubLax Nationals - FL (January)

I think Maryland Lacrosse Tournament and MD Invitational are the same event, hope ML and NL play each other again, last few games have been pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA - haven’t heard yet. Did get the roster though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Delayed bc they're trying to figure out whether to make Preds top 3 or just top 5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of preds - would be good to see what tournaments they are doing. Will indicate how good they actually think they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Delayed bc they're trying to figure out whether to make Preds top 3 or just top 5.

They’re actually waiting on Bored lax Dad to submit his research. Work smarter not harder here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the USCL infatuation with the 91 LI teams I wouldn’t be surprised if the “algorithm” finds a way to put 91 venom at #1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the USCL infatuation with the 91 LI teams I wouldn’t be surprised if the “algorithm” finds a way to put 91 venom at #1.

100% chance of this.

Should be:

Hawks
Madlax
91 Venom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of preds - would be good to see what tournaments they are doing. Will indicate how good they actually think they are.

I know Preds and VLC, but any other new teams in the region?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, heard thru the grapevine the possibility of a couplie teams ranked 1 or 2. Baltimore is talking .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good call, I would avoid any the Predators are in too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML dad here. Who the heck are the Predators? Sounds made up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators are the feeder team for Epstein and W.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know Preds and VLC, but any other new teams in the region?

Next level has a B team now. They didn’t last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their FOGO is Arnold Schwarzenegger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, that was a good recruiting job by head coach Chuck Norris.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t Koopers have a 2028 team? Any talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heck of a Defense too. They call themselves the Four Horseman...Close D is brutal with Arn and Ole and Tully and of course LSM Nature Boy Rick.

Cant wait to see them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top program in Baltimore making a huge impact. Talk of town. Many Clubs feeling the effect in N Balt. Heard they may be ranked in top 5 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s Cabel’s Maryland team. Made up of 100% holdbacks, dirty players and prehistoric creatures.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The attackman for Preds is a beast the D is questionable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they took 6 fro. Crabs, 10 from FCA and 20 from Hawks!

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 257 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 256 257
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard