BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 25 team has been doing really well as well

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Galvin will take the C crown now.

yeah those rush girls will put him over the top

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

compare their pool play to jabonis all summer

no comparison

not even close

and they beat a top team in a full length game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

I would like to offer absolute fact to the contrary. Daughter played top team of top club. She kept 15-18 coaches in contact in the loop during recruiting. Sept 1st, all but one called. But all together had nearly 60 coaches called on Sept 1st, all saying they saw her play here, there etc…. I am nearly certain they just go to those games of top teams playing each other, looking for unspecified players. And CR markets her “teams”. But she also is a marketer of individual girls, and not always the better ones, ties and connections with her go a long way for your kid.

Have heard very similar which is why playing TG or legacy A is better than YJ B,C,D Look at the recent comitted lists and B kids aren’t going to very good places and to the contrary YJ teams across the board have been sub par

There may be a little bit of truth in that in upper grades, but for 2025, YJ has the top 3 teams on Long Island

It’s August entering 9th grade let it play out at least til October my teams better run your team round and round

Plenty of time for this but
More comfortable kids are better they will play. Even playing time isn’t great. Best players play is only great if your kids one of best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Coaches line a sideline to see specific players that they have been in contact with or are aware of from their coach working to market the girls to schools that are a good potential fit academically and athletically. Coaching relationships are key in the process. CR is a reference, but not the marketer of individual girls. If you think coaches are showing up to watch a team and find a player you do not understand the how things work. Does a diamond in the rough appear occasionally, certainly, but that is not how coaches spend their time. Bigger programs have deeper relationships because they have a track record. Coaches within any of those programs vary greatly in terms of their recruiting relationships AND efforts to place their girls.

Have heard very similar which is why playing TG or legacy A is better than YJ B,C,D Look at the recent comitted lists and B kids aren’t going to very good places and to the contrary YJ teams across the board have been sub par

There

That's a bit aggressive. I'll give you 1-2, but Lomo lost the bridesmaid pillow fight badly and is probably 5th/6th

1 YJ Blue still far and away the best lost 3/4 off bottom of roster not one of their top kids and I’m sure with tryouts they will fill holes
2. YJ B still clearly second best will be interesting to see who they lose to TG or YJ A solid team
This is where it gets interesting
3. TG good team YJ B is 3/5 goals better right now. Adding a few of the lower players from YJ will help a bit but not enough to hop into the 2 spot
4. YJ C solid team competes w top teams but not a team that can beat those top teams Good enough to knock off a TG or YJ B especially with best goalie
5. Legacy. Up and coming team that has improved this past year not able to compete with the top[/quote

That’s great if you want equal playing time and don’t care if he puts out girls who can’t catch the ball in close games. Hi d rather my daughter be on a team where playing time is earned and the coach actually plays to win.

Great thing with pay to play is it’s your choice go where your happy. Training is more important than anything at this point. My oldest daughters team never practices and it isn’t ideal

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Jesters a better team then Legacy ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

compare their pool play to jabonis all summer

no comparison

not even close

and they beat a top team in a full length game

Troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is better Legacy or Jesters ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say about the same. If your daughter is a starter, I would say Jesters. If your daughter is bottom of roster, legacy, because they play everyone even.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 2025 is getting the BBP head coach.

That’s great if you want equal playing time and don’t care if he puts out girls who can’t catch the ball in close games. Hi d rather my daughter be on a team where playing time is earned and the coach actually plays to win.

Maybe you don't understand that almost all HS level tournaments are showcases format where you are supposed to have equal PT to _show_ players to college coaches. Wins and losses mean next to nothing as long as you can still play in the top bracket. Girls have to be seen to get recruited and that is the job of a club coach. So yes, the guy is doing the right thing by his players.

A little bit too early for this

Finding the right fit that will allow your kid to play get coaching and improve is all that matters

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any of the YJ teams are at all concerned about who left their respective squads as they are each quite happy with what they know stayed and what will be coming in...I'm sure a few surprises still remain. How they each mesh will determine the revised pecking order. All three got better. TG's are excited with their new influx and improved as well... The rest is still the rest...

And yes, I know tryouts have yet to actually happen. but...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, YJ tryouts have not happened yet, and yet there seems to be a lot of movement going on behind the scenes in this age group? I think with the shuffling, the two top teams will finally be determined as YJ Spalina (A) and YJ Janelli (B) ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of movement coming and going between all 3 yj's and tg... save your rankings till rosters are set, and better yet, till the new look teams actually play each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great thing with pay to play is it’s your choice go where your happy. Training is more important than anything at this point. My oldest daughters team never practices and it isn’t ideal

Legacy is mostly equal(ish) PT but not always. The starters still start. Coaches will put their foot on the gas for specific games when directed by upper mgt. To say it is always equal PT is false, but as a program, they make sure everyone plays. It's a pretty good balance in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd say about the same. If your daughter is a starter, I would say Jesters. If your daughter is bottom of roster, legacy, because they play everyone even.

Don't forget Jesters didn't develop this team. They hijacked it from 91 with some political moves. Now they are switching coaches again. Sounds like a bad game away from another Jesters melt down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget Jesters didn't develop this team. They hijacked it from 91 with some political moves. Now they are switching coaches again. Sounds like a bad game away from another Jesters melt down.

didnt that 91 team got to yjs not jesters ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most went to Jesters not all some here and there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were a much stronger group a few years ago when they were with 91, then a few of their top girls left for YJ. They seemed to slowly but surely get considerably weaker as the entire 91 girls side of the organization crumbled a few years ago. One of the dad coaches pulled the group together and carried them over to the Jesters last year. I don’t think most were happy with the arrangements with Jesters and were hoping for much more. 91 girls are back, so.. does that mean this 2025 team will be returning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were a much stronger group a few years ago when they were with 91, then a few of their top girls left for YJ. They seemed to slowly but surely get considerably weaker as the entire 91 girls side of the organization crumbled a few years ago. One of the dad coaches pulled the group together and carried them over to the Jesters last year. I don’t think most were happy with the arrangements with Jesters and were hoping for much more. 91 girls are back, so.. does that mean this 2025 team will be returning?

Someone should write a memoir about that 91 team, went from top 5 in the country to non-existent in the span of a few months. None of them will return to 91, it's just bandits with corporate rebranding, and Carol rose wins again....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bro you need to let it go and move on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only in your rankings were 91 a "top 5 in the country team." I'll give you on LI... Talk about living in the past though...it's over Johnny... heck that team was pre covid which seems like a lifetime ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Jesters a better team then Legacy ?

It’s all about getting good training and the playing time. Also, who is going to help your daughter, when it comes time to help with recruiting. From what I hear, both these teams are good in both those aspects. So, where do you think your daughter will fit in more and be happier? What group of girls and coaches seem more to suit your daughters personality? If she’s having fun and enjoying herself, she will do not much better all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
legacy has the better track record with recruiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably true in the past. But, I think now that Jesters has reorganized and brought in additional director who seems to have good experience with recruiting kids from HS coaching standpoint , I think the recruiting help at Jesters will be very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably true in the past. But, I think now that Jesters has reorganized and brought in additional director who seems to have good experience with recruiting kids from HS coaching standpoint , I think the recruiting help at Jesters will be very good

Take a look at both club websites and tell me who is better at recruiting. Sorry, but It’s like night and day. Legacy has a nice resume of schools for their girls. While the other club didn’t seem to fair as well with the 2022 class. Or at all?!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Is your daughter happy where she is playing, Not everyone has aspirations for the top schools. There is a place for anyone who wants to play in college. As a former player who was not happy at the school my parents wanted me to attend I speak from experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Is your daughter happy where she is playing, Not everyone has aspirations for the top schools. There is a place for anyone who wants to play in college. As a former player who was not happy at the school my parents wanted me to attend I speak from experience.

I agree that it’s supposed to be fun but my response was in reference to a recruiting comment. For those that are interested in playing collegiate sports then it needs to be discussed. The showcases start next year so it’s not too early to start paying attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 2025 Long Island Teams according to US Club Rankings-

1. YJ Spallina
8.. YJ Janelli
10.Top Guns Black
16.YJ Lomangino
24. Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top bunz must have a bunch of "quality losses". Unaware of who they beat to be ranked there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top bunz must have a bunch of "quality losses". Unaware of who they beat to be ranked there...

They are picking up some good players, and so is Janelli. Rumor, 3 top Lomo girls leaving for Janelli. I think Top guns , and Janelli will go up in the rankings and Lomo team will move down with the moves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone should write a memoir about that 91 team, went from top 5 in the country to non-existent in the span of a few months. None of them will return to 91, it's just bandits with corporate rebranding, and Carol rose wins again....

Not sure the details of the merger but it seems like bandits has taken over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 lomos to janelli. Fact. 2 starters, each good players and one non-starter. None of the 3 were "best". a few janelli's and TG's to lomo as well. All 3 said teams got stronger. Spallina plucked one or two that he wanted. middle movement across the board. yawn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters also just got one of the 91 directors who did their recruiting. Any idea if they’re going to hire her to do recruiting for jesters too? It would be a smart move on their end to boost recruiting even more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 lomos to janelli. Fact. 2 starters, each good players and one non-starter. None of the 3 were "best". a few janelli's and TG's to lomo as well. All 3 said teams got stronger. Spallina plucked one or two that he wanted. middle movement across the board. yawn.

Just wait for the rosters to be posted bud. Nothing was determined in stone at tryouts today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters also just got one of the 91 directors who did their recruiting. Any idea if they’re going to hire her to do recruiting for jesters too? It would be a smart move on their end to boost recruiting even more

Take a look at both club websites and tell me who is better at recruiting. Sorry, but It’s like night and day. Legacy has a nice resume of schools for their girls. While the other club didn’t seem to fair as well with the 2022 class. Or at all?!?

That's because LI Jesters club began with the 2023 class which explains why their 23 team is so strong. LI Jesters are just more commited to their players, teams and its success so i just don't see a comparison anymore between Jesters and Legacy. Im not saying anything bad about Legacy but Jesters hands down is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's because LI Jesters club began with the 2023 class which explains why their 23 team is so strong. LI Jesters are just more commited to their players, teams and its success so i just don't see a comparison anymore between Jesters and Legacy. Im not saying anything bad about Legacy but Jesters hands down is better.

Why don’t you wait a few weeks and get back to me on the 2023 class commits. Jesters have one girl who will go anywhere she wants who has only played with Jesters one season, and Jesters have nothing to do with her success. They then will have 2-3 other girls who might go to decent schools. Legacy on the other hand will have a much deeper list of quality commits. Don’t take my word for it…watch! Then tell me who is the better club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The players that were on the 2022 team that just finished up will be sad to hear that they never existed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the name of this new director that Jesters stole from 91? Is she running the entire program now? How exciting!!!!
Did 91 Girls have a strong college recruiting program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don’t you wait a few weeks and get back to me on the 2023 class commits. Jesters have one girl who will go anywhere she wants who has only played with Jesters one season, and Jesters have nothing to do with her success. They then will have 2-3 other girls who might go to decent schools. Legacy on the other hand will have a much deeper list of quality commits. Don’t take my word for it…watch! Then tell me who is the better club.

So many jesters 2023 comments on a 2025 thread, but jesters ticks the boxes no one wants to admit their kids actually missing. In 5 years they will be one of the dominant LI leagues at every age. Legacy can’t match up and neither came TG
Coaching. personnel, approachability, opportunity, it will
Set them apart ... no daddy coach too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many jesters 2023 comments on a 2025 thread, but jesters ticks the boxes no one wants to admit their kids actually missing. In 5 years they will be one of the dominant LI leagues at every age. Legacy can’t match up and neither came TG
Coaching. personnel, approachability, opportunity, it will
Set them apart ... no daddy coach too

Yeah ... no.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard