BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Greene Turtle Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11a hawks win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope Madlax and FCA get to play in 2019A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope they realize there are a lot of HoCo and NPYLL teams in this and that they should line it up so that the best HoCo teams play the best of the NPYLL. The teams in the leagues play each other enough already and tournaments (or invitationals) should make an effort to mix things up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greene Turtle is just a fun tournament where you get to play three games. Most games are usually won/lost within 1-5 goals. I dont remember seeing any blowouts last year but I could have missed them.
If it wasnt for Greene Turtle name I assume it wouldnt be well attended due to no playoffs or extra games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet they could care less about different leagues. They want the teams talent to be about same .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Indian summer tourney by aloha has a very poor turnout this fall. Wonder why

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I saw Indian summer tourney by aloha has a very poor turnout this fall. Wonder why

Just looked at it, no real competition in the 11u AA glad we pulled out this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. That is weak.

Looks like FCA and Breakers are the only clubs fully supporting.

http://www.alohatournaments.com/BoysSchedIS.aspx

Jarretsville is a bit of a hike for the DC and Annapolis clubs - but the fields and parking are good. Don't know much about the typical refs at this event.

Fall Brawl and Green Turtle line ups are looking good - looks like most clubs are just hitting one or the other of these two.

Is the term "Indian summer" now considered racist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like a Sh_t show...all across the board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons and Stars & Stripes are in Indian Summer also and should do very well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freedom 2019 was VERY good this past Summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right 2019 freedom red was good because they had about 5 15yr olds and how many more hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right 2019 freedom red was good because they had about 5 15yr olds and how many more hold backs.

so you're saying that the team had 5 kids held back 2 grades? sounds like bs to me. I have no idea where freedom is from. If true it would be ridiculous. but sounds like someone exaggerating to make a point about grade v age brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or they played them in a tournament with several kids to old to play.Which is very common in summer tournaments. USL should do like Soccer with cards but that might make to much sense and let everyone know who is cheating. Lacrosse is run a muck with cheating at all levels, not that it always matters , but why not clean it up??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played that freedom team last summer and im telling you that they looked like men out there compared to other teams. Almost all were fully developed boys with legs bigger then most of the fathers. lol. There is no way most of those boys were 13. One kid told my sons teammate he was 15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no idea where freedom is from.

Philly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh no, lost a game so everybody on the winning team is too old for that age bracket....here's a novel idea...get your kid on the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude enough with getting your kid on the wall crap. When men are playing against boys the wall means nothing. They were bigger faster stronger. Because at this stage of the game you have kids through puberty and it makes a difference. I'm sorry those boys were not all 12 and 13.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with your crying about ages. Everyone is tired of hearing that crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the only ones tired of hearing that crap are the parents of the children playing down or coaches of teams of with players playing down. It is a joke to be able to play down. Years ago that would be called cheating.

But I will say once you get to the U13 level there is a huge difference in the size of players due to various levels of puberty and growth. I have seen legitimate U13 players 6 ft 2. That is a big boy towering over some 4 ft 10 kids. And if you have a lots of older legitimate U13 players ,you could easily look like you are playing down. So easy to solve with USL age card like soccer to stop the crying about age and clean up lax in process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tired of hearing about the ages? It's just plain wrong. You probably have a kid reclassified that's why you don't want to hear it anymore. My son is 2019 and if I hold him back am I teaching him that's what's right in life? No I want him to work harder and strive to succeed with his own peers. He is 13 and hasn't even started puberty, I could get away with reclassifying him but I choose to teach him different. I was a late bloomer also and most of the boys were bigger then me at that age. Guess what it made me work harder, and when I started catching up to those boys in high school they weren't the studs anymore. I surpassed them and went on to play college football. Teach your boys to work harder not cheat, because that's what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people are sick of hearing this because they simply don't care. My 2019 has a late birthday in the age group and has not hit puberty. He has no problem going up against reclassed, post-puberty kids. Why? Because most of them are not very good. There's a reason why they reclassed. Sure, they might have breakaway speed for a year or so but that can be neutralized by a good coach and game plan. Can't dodge a bigger kid because of his size? Move the ball. Worried about taking chops from a big long pole? Play baseball. Or get better.

It is rare when an on age kid takes a big hit from a reclass kid. And most of those times it's because the on age kid just isn't that good.

Just putting another opinion out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok lets take a poll here. Lets think back to the last year or 2 of watching lacrosse we all have done of the age group we call U15 +U13. Now everyone write down how many kids they saw get hurt? Then say the how and why they got hurt? Then say how many of those came from a kid you think was to old on a kid who is the correct age. I will start because I saw ZERO come from a kid hitting another kid I only saw twisted knees and ankles. Please answers to get a real idea of the issue. Because if its really only about the wins or losses then get over it. But if you guys are seeing kids get hurt please let me know I do not see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most people do care about the direction lacrosse has taken in Maryland. We are talking youth sports right. So it is ok with you for select kids to play down. Just because you are ok with it doesnt mean the rest of us need to be ok with it. To the majority of people it is wrong . So you can expect to hear about it constantly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The issue of age is not going to go away and it cannot be dismissed by arguments made above such as "since I cannot remember a serious injury there is not a problem," or my personal favorite "play baseball, or get better.” Wonderful.

The issue is youth (not high school) lacrosse. From my (and many other’s) perspective, the shift to grade based teams is nothing more than a shameless move by the large, deep clubs to take advantage of their larger base of players at the cost of exacerbating the difference in the height and weight of the players on the field. Physics dictate that increasing the range of height and weight does increase the severity of impacts (which can only increase the risk of injuries). With boys growing and maturing at different rates there are going to be size and weight differences no matter what. That’s just a dynamic of boys/youth sports. However, with age based restrictions there are formal limits that are not subject to manipulation. This is why soccer has gone the age base route. With grade based teams there are no formal limits beyond a boy (regardless of age) being in a particular grade (and that of course is subject to manipulation).

In short, the move to grade based teams seems like an irresponsible decision that at least over the short term benefits the big youth clubs at the expense of making the sport more dangerous for all players on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Couldn't agree more. I am one of the many people who do care about this issue.

And the poll taker above. Just because there is no more injuries due to older players doesn't make something that is wrong suddenly right.

Sounds like a host of similar excuses to justify letting select children play down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Granted the age/grade cutoff situation is not ideal, but why must every single forum degenerate into this topic? We get it - you feel like every team that has ever beaten your kid's team has done so by manipulating the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not hardly. But once again cheaters and manipulators like you spout off some ignorant remark that everyone who says something on this topic has a kid that always loses and always for a reason.

The posters above had well thought out remarks on the subject. Yet you join the chorus of excuses ..
"play baseball, or get better, get on the wall, and now from you,"you make up excuses for your kids team losing" .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prior to this year the holdbacks were only an issue at U15. Now it will be an issue at all grade classes / levels.

The elite programs are going to have more holdbacks and as a result are going to have a significant edge in talent and physical attributes. Thus increasing the desparity between the haves and have nots. I don't understand the sense of pride or accomplishment among the elite teams stacked with holdbacks beating the lesser teams with minimal to no holdbacks. What is there to pound your chest about and what are you teaching your kids? What is the life lesson? The elite teams already have most of the best kids to begin with, why ecourage the holdback situation?

I agree with the Long Islanders that think the MD holdback situation is BS.

For me it's not about the disparity in size and the risk of injury - it is simply about fair play.

What about the kid that happens to be a pretty good player, but gets bumped down the food chain because of the number of holdbacks in front of him. NOT AN EQUAL PLAYING FIELD!

This is all about parent egos. Little Johnny is going to get a lacrosse scholarship! DO the math - it does not make sense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks= it's the only way the Crabs can win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a non-holdback that has played on premiere teams with holdbacks, winning was not always a great feeling.

Overhearing a Long Island dad saying, "they are good, but I wonder how many holdbacks they have".

Winning because you are of similar age and more talented is one thing, but winning also because you are older and more advanced is another thing - NOT AN EQUAL PLAYING FIELD!

Granted the age/grade cutoff situation is not ideal, but why must every single forum degenerate into this topic? We get it - you feel like every team that has ever beaten your kid's team has done so by manipulating the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange handily beat all of the MD teams - Crabs, FCA..- and the Dukes ladt year. Holdbacks do not seem to be an issue for them. What is their secret?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not the "holdback forum". It is the Greene Turtle forum. The holdback complaints and justifications have been heard thousands of times. No matter how fresh you think your take is on the issue, it is not. Move along or voice your opinion in a forum that cares about the issue. Posts on both sides of the issue are just annoying in this forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was my point with freedom team from the Philly area. They were really good I thought but how many hold backs were there? Physically they were so much more mature. It was so obvious. Sorry not the way I would want to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange handily beat all of the MD teams - Crabs, FCA..- and the Dukes ladt year. Holdbacks do not seem to be an issue for them. What is their secret?

The U15 FCA Blue team split with Team 91 last summer in two meetings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91 Orange handily beat all of the MD teams - Crabs, FCA..- and the Dukes ladt year. Holdbacks do not seem to be an issue for them. What is their secret?

The U15 FCA Blue team split with Team 91 last summer in two meetings. [/quote

I should have been more specific. The 2019 91 Orange team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simple ......have your own holdbacks!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The U15 FCA Blue team split with Team 91 last summer in two meetings.

U15 Hawks Green split two games with Team 91 also....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greene Turtle has holdbacks so this is one of the right places to voice our opinion. Last year Greene Turtle played in a age based tournament with two kids that were held back, both starters and good players. Became a little ugly at tournament when confronted with having these players. I felt sorry for the young players to be put in this situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the holdbacks that couldn't make their own age group team should "play baseball."

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard