A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
He is a donk on the sideline to this day and continues to email and denigrate families who leave. Try reading what other people have been posting.

+1
I think his actions have cost him with regard to depth on his rosters but not in his pocketbook. There just aren't enough choices inside the beltway.

Depth is down. At his peak, he had a Capital team and tried to actually have a MD B team and a VA B team. Now he is struggling to field a B team and some of the B teams span multiple years now.

His greed knows no bounds. He even charges people hundreds of dollars to help with recruiting, something other clubs do for free.

I will give you they need to drop the DMV teams. But this is more because the total number of clubs has tripled more then anything they did or did not do. The Cap teams at all ages are good to great. This is all you can ask of a club. And if you are scared of a email asking why you left a club, life must be a scary place for you. And when you guys love to talk about cost, no one will ever break down the other top clubs fees and what you get for the fees. I have said this before if you are paying for travel lacrosse for any of these teams you are paying a lot of money and you a just looking for a way to bash Madlax if you are talking about $500 more for Madlax.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278044
12/14/18 12:51 PM
12/14/18 12:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a donk on the sideline to this day and continues to email and denigrate families who leave. Try reading what other people have been posting.

+1
I think his actions have cost him with regard to depth on his rosters but not in his pocketbook. There just aren't enough choices inside the beltway.

Depth is down. At his peak, he had a Capital team and tried to actually have a MD B team and a VA B team. Now he is struggling to field a B team and some of the B teams span multiple years now.

His greed knows no bounds. He even charges people hundreds of dollars to help with recruiting, something other clubs do for free.

I will give you they need to drop the DMV teams. But this is more because the total number of clubs has tripled more then anything they did or did not do. The Cap teams at all ages are good to great. This is all you can ask of a club. And if you are scared of a email asking why you left a club, life must be a scary place for you. And when you guys love to talk about cost, no one will ever break down the other top clubs fees and what you get for the fees. I have said this before if you are paying for travel lacrosse for any of these teams you are paying a lot of money and you a just looking for a way to bash Madlax if you are talking about $500 more for Madlax.

DMV players pay the same as Capital players. However looking at the teams you are correct, most are combined age groups. I think the DMV team parents are leaving Madlax but they will hang on to those teams as long as they can. Revenue is revenue as long as they have a valid credit card at registration. I think kids on the DMV teams are better off playing rec anyway or find a club of equal talent as they seem to never move kids up to the capital teams.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278055
12/14/18 01:57 PM
12/14/18 01:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

DMV players pay the same as Capital players. However looking at the teams you are correct, most are combined age groups. I think the DMV team parents are leaving Madlax but they will hang on to those teams as long as they can. Revenue is revenue as long as they have a valid credit card at registration. I think kids on the DMV teams are better off playing rec anyway or find a club of equal talent as they seem to never move kids up to the capital teams.

I would agree with most of this. I would argue that there have been several kids moved from DMV to Cap. But these kids only spent 1 season or 1 year on DMV teams. So my advice would be play a season or full year at DMV then find another club if you are not moved up to a Cap team. The advantage of playing DMV over some of these other Low A or B clubs is the amount of tournaments and the practice time with the Cap players. But the down side is the money you pay. Its more then these other A clubs. But I would argue the money is really not that much more.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #278063
12/14/18 04:04 PM
12/14/18 04:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is a lot more than most except for 3d, which is falling apart. Nobody is scared of the email - they are repulsed by it. For every Madlax family willing to swallow their dignity pay that guy, there are 4 four families who will have nothing to do with him.

Reading your posts is like watching a documentary about Stockholm syndrome.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278103
12/17/18 09:51 AM
12/17/18 09:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is a lot more than most except for 3d, which is falling apart. Nobody is scared of the email - they are repulsed by it. For every Madlax family willing to swallow their dignity pay that guy, there are 4 four families who will have nothing to do with him.

Reading your posts is like watching a documentary about Stockholm syndrome.

Reading your post makes me wonder what happen in your life to make you think you need to save other full grown adults? Our boys are not playing for Satin. He might not be a Angel, but you trying to make playing for Madlax the same as joining a evil cult. So it is really hard for me not to respond to your over the top posts. And once again please list the total cost for VLC, BW, Next Level, and throw in some more if you like. Make sure you say how many practices and how many tournaments this cost gets you. But you will not or can not do it.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #278113
12/17/18 11:30 AM
12/17/18 11:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BW and VLC are far less than Madlax. Not even close. And the recruiting success of all 3 is comparable.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278128
12/17/18 02:38 PM
12/17/18 02:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BW and VLC are far less than Madlax. Not even close. And the recruiting success of all 3 is comparable.

OK sir please put a number down on paper for each club. Then say what you get for that money you spent. Number of practices and number of tournaments?
I would agree the number is less for these two clubs but what do you get for the money? What is the cost of one tournemant? My guess $250 to $400 so if one club plays in 4 and one club plays in 3 you have to agree you should be paying at least $300 more for the club that plays 4. How much $ value do you put on a practice. I would guess $30. So if one club has 10 more practices that club should cost $300 more correct? So my over reaching point is yes the total number is higher with Madlax but after you add these two factors into the math they are a on par with the others. And my other point if you are counting pennies and you want your son to play top level travel lacrosse you are in the wrong place. Sorry.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #278141
12/17/18 07:32 PM
12/17/18 07:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To me, it’s less about the cost than what my son gets in return. I’d gladly pay more if the club actually kept the team at the smaller end and kept him engaged with plenty of practices and tournaments. Call me cynical but I think all the clubs generally benchmark each other on price and most of the differences result from discretionary variables such as how many kids the club wants per team, number of weekly practices, number of tournaments, etc. They’re all businesses folks - don’t be fooled that they’re more than that.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278149
12/17/18 09:26 PM
12/17/18 09:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK sir please put a number down on paper for each club. Then say what you get for that money you spent. Number of practices and number of tournaments?
I would agree the number is less for these two clubs but what do you get for the money? What is the cost of one tournemant? My guess $250 to $400 so if one club plays in 4 and one club plays in 3 you have to agree you should be paying at least $300 more for the club that plays 4. How much $ value do you put on a practice. I would guess $30. So if one club has 10 more practices that club should cost $300 more correct? So my over reaching point is yes the total number is higher with Madlax but after you add these two factors into the math they are a on par with the others. And my other point if you are counting pennies and you want your son to play top level travel lacrosse you are in the wrong place. Sorry.

summer tourneys range from 1800 to 3000 per team

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278159
12/18/18 07:41 AM
12/18/18 07:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the point about variables and benchmarking is fair. To the larger point, it’s worth it, with whatever team, if it helps your boy get better and he likes playing. Period. Mine does, and he doesn’t play for MLax. I do get the argument about DMV but again parents and kids can decide whether the value proposition is worth it (I know people on different sides of the divide). We play against ML Cap, kids are great, parents are nice, and I hear less yelling from the coaches box than this thread would suggest. Good program; they all have flaws.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278732
01/05/19 01:03 PM
01/05/19 01:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For youth lacrosse (fall, spring, summer) - it's about 2K less per kid annually than Madlax. The Madlax economics are hilariously beneficial to the owner (I don't think the coaches are getting rich) - BOTH high cost$ and high roster count$. Yes, the Capital teams are very good with 25+ players. While folks vote w/ their feet, I don't envy the DMV families who are getting fleeced as their players aren't getting good outcomes that good coaching and competition can provide.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278733
01/05/19 01:20 PM
01/05/19 01:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time posting here, it's about 2K less for youth players (fall, spring, summer) vs Madlax. 2 practices week, 3-4 fall tournys, 4 spring/summer tournys. Can you share how the reps Madlax players get in practice w/ 25+ kid rosters and how much game time they actually get (not counting the last 2 Madlax fall tourny's that were washed out playing on known crappy fields)

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278869
01/09/19 10:35 AM
01/09/19 10:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time posting here, it's about 2K less for youth players (fall, spring, summer) vs Madlax. 2 practices week, 3-4 fall tournys, 4 spring/summer tournys. Can you share how the reps Madlax players get in practice w/ 25+ kid rosters and how much game time they actually get (not counting the last 2 Madlax fall tourny's that were washed out playing on known crappy fields)

Once again you do not get to try and call out Madlax for what they give or do not give until you give another clubs details to this level you have on Madlax. Madlax has all the info on the website to be seen and read. Anyone who is surprised with any cost or amount of anything you are just to lazy to read the whole website.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #278876
01/09/19 12:32 PM
01/09/19 12:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once again you do not get to try and call out Madlax for what they give or do not give until you give another clubs details to this level you have on Madlax. Madlax has all the info on the website to be seen and read. Anyone who is surprised with any cost or amount of anything you are just to lazy to read the whole website.

Summer dues for MadLax for 2028/29 = $950
Summer dues for Next Level 2028/2029 = $400

The pricing difference is about the same as the years progress and NL practices once a week for 2 hours and participates in the same tournaments.

Reply Quote
Re: MadLax Lacrosse [Re: CageSage] #278913
01/09/19 07:35 PM
01/09/19 07:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax charges a ton for teams with 26+ players, lousy coaching and an owner that will eventually threatens you. There's a reason why the club is losing players left and right.

Reply Quote
Page 213 of 215 1 2 211 212 213 214 215
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification