BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 73 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Neither one are elite events. Coaches know it, parents know it, players know it. Same goes for the Junior Open and the other over hyped flavor of the month events. The least advertised showcases that have stood the test of time are the best bang for your buck. They still get quality coaches and good instruction. I don't subscribe the whole money grab theory. Its the FOMO parents that write the checks and create the false hysteria. None of these events are be all end all for recruiting. Most coaches have a list of kids they are coming to watch and hope that another few kids pop and then they add them to their list.

Hope you are not referring to UA! They do not have the best talent or best coaches! Tides are turning

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The College coaches will show up where the top talent goes. That will benefit all the other players on those teams as well. Players email coaches what events they will be playing in. If there are certain girls they want to see play, they will send someone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve never seen such a group of disgruntled parents, just because your kid did not make a team doesn’t mean you need to put the event or events down. If your paying attention to the obvious trends, more teams mean more money for the people running these events. It also means more teams, more exposure for your daughter. Yes, one team might be the clear A team, but there are also A players being held back because of politics, this gives more opportunity for other girls to get in front of colleges and get her chance. These events will always be dominated by clubs that run the events, by having a second team gives the top players from other clubs a chance to compete as well. I would think this is good for everyone. Many people stated the colleges know the top tier kids, this lets them see the second tier players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve never seen such a group of disgruntled parents, just because your kid did not make a team doesn’t mean you need to put the event or events down. If your paying attention to the obvious trends, more teams mean more money for the people running these events. It also means more teams, more exposure for your daughter. Yes, one team might be the clear A team, but there are also A players being held back because of politics, this gives more opportunity for other girls to get in front of colleges and get her chance. These events will always be dominated by clubs that run the events, by having a second team gives the top players from other clubs a chance to compete as well. I would think this is good for everyone. Many people stated the colleges know the top tier kids, this lets them see the second tier players.

Ever consider it isn’t politics and some kids are just better anyway and team they play for is better than your kid or kids team? There’s a reason the A teams are dominated by the same few clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha good call but the entire season is full of watered down FOMO events. Too much nonsense and it’s amazing that you are all debating about it on here. Waste of Time, Energy and Money

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do consider that, I’m not concerned about my kid. My kid plays and if it matters plays on a A team and made the top team. I just think to have multiple teams is not a terrible thing. If your kid made a top team at one of these events, then you have nothing to worry about. College coaches know what teams are what . It’s not a bad thing to have two teams , more exposure. I just think people are to worked up over two teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think anyone is “disgruntled”. Most of the posts are about the nature of the money grab. There should only be one team. Nobody on the other teams have a shot at being recruited to a top 25 program. No coaches are watching the b and c teams. Better off attending the camp. Use last year as an example

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever consider it isn’t politics and some kids are just better anyway and team they play for is better than your kid or kids team? There’s a reason the A teams are dominated by the same few clubs.

And now even more kids added to the “watch list” what a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Neither one are elite events. Coaches know it, parents know it, players know it. Same goes for the Junior Open and the other over hyped flavor of the month events. The least advertised showcases that have stood the test of time are the best bang for your buck. They still get quality coaches and good instruction. I don't subscribe the whole money grab theory. Its the FOMO parents that write the checks and create the false hysteria. None of these events are be all end all for recruiting. Most coaches have a list of kids they are coming to watch and hope that another few kids pop and then they add them to their list.

Hope you are not referring to UA! They do not have the best talent or best coaches! Tides are turning

After one year tides are turning? LOL.

I sat on the sidelines last year watching the 2022/2023 teams and listened into a conversation between Cindy Timchal, Cathy Reese, Julie Myers, Colleen Shearer, and a some others. The topic of conversation was getting games on the schedule and maybe setting up a camp somewhere, along with their impending summer vacations. I managed to see every top college program at the event.

That's what puts kids into the tryouts and as long as the coaches are showing up, kids will keep signing up.

UA may very well die, but it's currently far from dead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s all from the same club. Probably someone send in some names after the list went out. Not a big deal in my opinion since we already knew this list wasn’t legit. The club probably saw their kids weren’t represented and sent in some names to be added.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A player from our town was added yesterday who was cut from the JV team. I wonder the criteria being used for these lists? At this point I don’t think it is accurate anymore. Should be much shorter.

To the point of AS and NYSR adding all of these 24 spots does the same this watch list is doing. Attracting eyeballs and $$ but not really helping keep the talent level where these events used to strive for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year at UA the head coaches were there all days. The asst coaches were at AS. On the sideline of my daughter’s 22/23 games were: Amanda O’Leary, Julie Myers, Kayla Treanor, acacia Walker, Shelly Bawcolmb, Carolina Phil Barnes, Cathy Reese, Tim Mcarthy, Erica Bamford and I can keep going. It was star studded if that’s what you’re into. Say what you want about the future of UA. But it’s still tried and true. And it’s free. And it’s exclusive to 1 team only. Open your eyes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you referring to when you say UA ? Under Armour ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s all from the same club. Probably someone send in some names after the list went out. Not a big deal in my opinion since we already knew this list wasn’t legit. The club probably saw their kids weren’t represented and sent in some names to be added.

The clubs are listed on their?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you referring to when you say UA ? Under Armour ?
Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LILJ waited for 91s check to clear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year at UA the head coaches were there all days. The asst coaches were at AS. On the sideline of my daughter’s 22/23 games were: Amanda O’Leary, Julie Myers, Kayla Treanor, acacia Walker, Shelly Bawcolmb, Carolina Phil Barnes, Cathy Reese, Tim Mcarthy, Erica Bamford and I can keep going. It was star studded if that’s what you’re into. Say what you want about the future of UA. But it’s still tried and true. And it’s free. And it’s exclusive to 1 team only. Open your eyes.

This is 100% false information. I was at AS and every HEAD coach from EVERY top school was there mostly until the last day. Then they left for UA which still had another day. These are the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was exactly my point earlier. They were all there, UA isn't dying anytime soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was exactly my point earlier. They were all there, UA isn't dying anytime soon.

Maybe for the older division last year, not for the younger division. That’s because the older girls who were already cemented in the UA teams from earlier years of playing. Tides are turning towards the AS event now. UNC coach daughter and some top M&D players I see are on AS rosters already. Talking about recruiting age this year. What event will attract the top college coaches? UA or AS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe for the older division last year, not for the younger division. That’s because the older girls who were already cemented in the UA teams from earlier years of playing. Tides are turning towards the AS event now. UNC coach daughter and some top M&D players I see are on AS rosters already. Talking about recruiting age this year. What event will attract the top college coaches? UA or AS?

UA will be just fine. Every year people chirp about UA. Everyone hates the team their kid didn’t make. Be happy wherever your kid gets to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They haven't had tryouts yet...how can they be on rosters already? What am I missing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LILJ waited for 91s check to clear

You can’t say anything about this club because you’ll be attacked and they’ll blame everyone else. A word of advice not to mention them because their lassies are on here defending anything said. I said my kid left the team a few years ago and was accused of crazy stuff. Just wait, they’ll say something about you too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They haven't had tryouts yet...how can they be on rosters already? What am I missing?

I think they’re talking about 150

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if Under Armour 150 gives refunds? MY daughter made it and thought it may be legit but then we saw 5 more players from her team made it. Three of which really doesn't have the skill to be in an elite type of event. We were giving it the benefit of the doubt because as people have wrote previously, it could've been angry posters whose kid didn't make the team trashing it. Well it appears they were correct. It's a straight up money grab. Heck, the best player on the team was waitlisted and then made it after a week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, this is about UA All America Underclass Games. AKA UA AA. Not UA 150. Two different operators that aren't the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's a 2024--we all know it's going to be harder for a 2024 to make the UA team, as the 2023 players will generally be better. She just made the safe move, that's all. I'd bet money she will go for UA next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have rosters still listed on website. I think they are still up from last year? No, they didn’t try out yet for this year. So, no rosters are out for AS for 2022 yet! That was girls from M&D last year. Who knows which one they will tryout for this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, this is about UA All America Underclass Games. AKA UA AA. Not UA 150. Two different operators that aren't the same.

I think , The two comparisons are being made between the UA All American Games and American Selects. Both events will be going on at the same time this year. Wondering where the college coaches end up at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of JV and B kids added to the LILJ watch list three weeks after it was published. I guess mommy and Daddy were upset and fired off a angry email to LILJ. What exactly are we watching if your on JV ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think , The two comparisons are being made between the UA All American Games and American Selects. Both events will be going on at the same time this year. Wondering where the college coaches end up at?[/quote]

They will go to both…just like they did last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Last year at UA the head coaches were there all days.

I think , The two comparisons are being made between the UA All American Games and American Selects. Both events will be going on at the same time this year. Wondering where the college coaches end up at?

The coaches will be at both just like last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the same person who comes on here every few weeks and bashes the same club. News flash ! Nobody cares, move on already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing you aren’t acting crazy by constantly posting about the same club over and over !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the same person who comes on here every few weeks and bashes the same club. News flash ! Nobody cares, move on already.

Yes it is. They may have gotten dumped but yes they should get over it already.
They are obsessed with it. Maybe we should introduce it to one of the internet dating websites so they find a new hobby?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe this nonsense is still being discussed. Certain club owners are trying to make $$$ off pre-season all start camp and make it look look like a showcase and charge 4x the price. And there are like 12 of them ???
Are certain clubs who will profit still selling on here or are the people who paid trying to convince us or themselves they made s good decision?
There are better places to spend money during s recruiting year. Stay away if you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s hilarious someone predicted a 91 rep would keep trying to blame others . So predictable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of JV and B kids added to the LILJ watch list three weeks after it was published. I guess mommy and Daddy were upset and fired off a angry email to LILJ. What exactly are we watching if your on JV ?

No one is watching those kids. If those parents think that their kids are top talent they will be very upset come junior year. Seems like we are back to everyone gets a trophy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is watching those kids. If those parents think that their kids are top talent they will be very upset come junior year. Seems like we are back to everyone gets a trophy

Enough with the list! The only ones that matter are the ones the college coaches are making from what they actually see. That’s the only list that matter. Train, work hard, do the leg work of getting the coaches to take notice by contacting them and sending highlights. Target showcases they will be at and their prospect camps. Then, hopefully, you make it on to their watchlist and they actually come watch you play this summer. The coaches will be out there watching all Summer. Even if they didn’t come to watch you, they will take notice if you are a good player. Forget the local list and local politics. Stay focused on the big picture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough with the list! The only ones that matter are the ones the college coaches are making from what they actually see. That’s the only list that matter. Train, work hard, do the leg work of getting the coaches to take notice by contacting them and sending highlights. Target showcases they will be at and their prospect camps. Then, hopefully, you make it on to their watchlist and they actually come watch you play this summer. The coaches will be out there watching all Summer. Even if they didn’t come to watch you, they will take notice if you are a good player. Forget the local list and local politics. Stay focused on the big picture.

Best post yet!! ^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your the same poster over and over , we get it ! You had a falling out with the club. Move on ! Seriously, nobody cares about you and 91. Hopefully your daughter is in a better situation now.

Page 56 of 73 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard