BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 99 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 98 99
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This person who is predicting scores and rankings is sad and pathetic.

Is it appropriate to discuss the lohud.com season ending rankings of HS teams, or will you get upset.

According to lohud.com, they top ten are:

1. Briarcliff (13-1)
2. Rye (14-2)
3. Iona (15-4)
4. Mamo (16-2)
5. Y (13-4)
6. Bxville (13-4)
7. Scar (13-4)
8. L/P (9-4)
9. Step (12-5)
10. Byram (12-5)

I think the rankings are fair.

Wonder if the northern schools will bounce back, because the following were once considered elite programs:

Mahopac, Somers and J/J?

Also, how about the lohud's indirect dig on Y's coach by saying they were not able to solve Rye's zone defense twice. If Y doesn't bounce back next year, Coach Carney will feel the heat and wrath of the alumni

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lohud player of the year is John Mitchell of Iona.
He led the HV with 110 points (53 g & 57A) which indicates he is a well balanced player and is heading to Holy Cross.

The article goes on to say he lives in Rye. Could you imagine if he stayed put, played for Rye and competed against Y with Boyer. I'm guessing that Rye would still own Y.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He led the HV with 110 points (53 g & 57A) which indicates he is a well balanced player and is heading to Holy Cross.

The article goes on to say he lives in Rye. Could you imagine if he stayed put, played for Rye and competed against Y with Boyer. I'm guessing that Rye would still own Y.

If someone did the "local players stayed at their public HS" scenario, that would be a great tourney as IP and Brunswick players would change the landscape playing for schools like Scarsdale, Rye, YTown, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He might not live in the Rye School District. I have no idea though, just pointing it out.

Pretty much every school in every sport can play the "imagine if so and so didn't go to XX".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If someone did the "local players stayed at their public HS" scenario, that would be a great tourney as IP and Brunswick players would change the landscape playing for schools like Scarsdale, Rye, YTown, etc.

100% correct.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 WSL going on today.

PT beat True MN and plays Eclipse at 11:45Am today.

2W beat Northern Pacific and plays Jersey Express next.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 WSL going on today.

Rain delay at WSL.

2026 Eclipse def. Prime Time 2026 7-2

Yikes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 WSL going on today.

PT: (1-1), plays Alcatraz at 9AM

2W def. Jersey Express: 7-6 (2-0). plays Socal express at 9AM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time 2023 team at Naptown was legit. They beat some seriously good teams on the way to their championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time 2023 team at Naptown was legit. They beat some seriously good teams on the way to their championship.

Kudos to PT 2023!

That is a great accomplishment.

Predators was the only other team from the HV area and they went 2-3-1.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2026 club rankings:

1. 2Way
2. Eclipse
3. PT
4. Express North
5. Wolves
6. Preds

The only head to head WSL game is Eclipse v PT on 07/01.
2W is in a different division playing LIE CoachC, 2 California, a NJ and MD club.

Shame that all three weren't in the same division.

I predict PT over Eclipse.

First round, 5 games record will be
PT will go 3-2
Eclipse: 2-3
2W: 2-3

After a nice long holiday weekend, I want to compare the June 23 post with the WSL end results.

Eclipse spanked PT 7-2! didn't see that one coming.

Eclipse and PT both went 2-4 and 2W went 3-3 (and lost to the Champions, LIE CoachC in a 13-5 game).

While all three programs had a separate WSL team, than their AA 2026 teams, IMO the top 10 2026 club ranking for the HV (westchester) are:

1. Eclipse
2. PT
3. 2W
4. LIE North (since 2 members of this team were on the WSL LIE CoachC team, this team might be overcome 2way)
5. Wolves
6. Preds
7. 91 tri state
8. Pride
9. Westchester Warriors
10. ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately none of these teams can hold a candle to long island and Maryland teams so what's the point of comparing the bottom of the barrel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse and 2way are the only respectable teams on the list ...rest are garbage including prime time from 2026 and younger

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately none of these teams can hold a candle to long island and Maryland teams so what's the point of comparing the bottom of the barrel?

It is hard, but not impossible to compete with the top LI, MD and Upstate programs. However, why would we discuss those programs on the "Westchester Youth Lacrosse" forum, DUH, because its where we are suppose too.

My son was a one timer for the PT 2026 team. Thought the coaching was worth every penny ($3,985 fall, winter & summer), I have no issues with how ND runs his program and see no reason to trash the younger teams. They do re-evaluate and reload each year. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way 2026 lost to Express North 2 times a few weeks back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way 2026 lost to Express North 2 times a few weeks back.

Good point, wonder why they didn't have a team in the WSL, holdbacks or did the top players play for the other LIE WSL team?

top four 2026 teams in the HV area are:

1. Eclipse
2. PT
3. LIE North Brameier
4. 2Way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated Summer 2021 Club Ranks. Haven't seen many 2022-2024 team results yet because HS season went late.

1. PT
2. Preds
3. Eclipse
4. 2Way
5. Express North

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. Wolves
4. 2Way
5. Preds
6. Preds B
7. Pride
8. 91 TS

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. 2Way
4. Preds
5. Express North
6. 91 Tristate

1. PT
2. Express North
3. 2Way
4. Wolves A
5. Preds
6. Wolves B
7. 845 Lax
8. Pride & Dragons

1. Eclipse
2. PT
3. 2Way
4. Express North
5. Wolves
6. Preds
7. 91 TS
8. Pride
9. Warriors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime certainly is #1 in 2026. Take a gander at the summer and spring results. Tough to say other but E is also very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime certainly is #1 in 2026. Take a gander at the summer and spring results. Tough to say other but E is also very good.
Long term success across multiple age groups, current results, quality and consistency of tournaments entered, results against quality opponents, etc lay out a clear hierarchy in the local club scene.
1-2 Eclipse and PT
3-4 2way and Express North
5-7 Preds, 91 and Wolves
8+ The rest
This is based on no actual facts but is confirmed by a 23 and a 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mitchell is a very good player, but Keith Boyer is a day 1 starter at Duke. Boyer is a stud and if wasnt hurt Rye probably doesnt beat Ytown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated 2024 rankings

1. Eclipse
2. Prime Time
3. Express North Schreiber
4. 2-Way
5. Preds
6. Everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated Summer 2021 Club Ranks. Haven't seen many 2022-2024 team results yet because HS season went late.

1. PT
2. Preds
3. Eclipse
4. 2Way
5. Express North

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. Wolves
4. 2Way
5. Preds
6. Preds B
7. Pride
8. 91 TS

1. PT
2. Eclipse
3. 2Way
4. Preds
5. Express North
6. 91 Tristate

1. PT
2. Express North
3. 2Way
4. Wolves A
5. Preds
6. Wolves B
7. 845 Lax
8. Pride & Dragons

1. Eclipse
2. PT
3. 2Way
4. Express North
5. Wolves
6. Preds
7. 91 TS
8. Pride
9. Warriors

In what universe are you pulling these rankings from . Very misleading to be ranking local teams off of us club lax when these teams don’t even crack the top 10 on the us club lax website . Is there a “ westchester” filter because from what I can see lo g island and Maryland have the top teams and then “ everyone else “

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what universe are you pulling these rankings from . Very misleading to be ranking local teams off of us club lax when these teams don’t even crack the top 10 on the us club lax website . Is there a “ westchester” filter because from what I can see lo g island and Maryland have the top teams and then “ everyone else “[/quote]

Instead of spouting off, read the room or know your audience!

It’s a rankings of local “westchester and Fairfield county” club teams. Oh, now you understand why there is no mention of any other programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very misleading to post from "us club lax rankings " when those are not the rankings . No Westchester team is #1. If your going to repost the rankings you can still do so in order buy with the correct USCL ranking number and they will still be ranked in order genius . Just don't go posting 1-10 USCL rankings that don't exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very misleading to post from "us club lax rankings " when those are not the rankings . No Westchester team is #1. If your going to repost the rankings you can still do so in order buy with the correct USCL ranking number and they will still be ranked in order genius . Just don't go posting 1-10 USCL rankings that don't exist.

It's another trolling dumas from outside the HV that just cannot understand that back in mid-june, someone asked what are the best club teams in the area.

There is nothing misleading about ranking the local club teams within the westchester youth lax thread, which we also include Fairfield county, CT.

However, if you feel that we have slighted you in anyway, please go to another thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey some people on the interwebs are just lost to say it SJW like, LOL!!! Hey thanks for the "rankings" as it's good to hear what those in the area think of the various travel teams!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In what universe are you pulling these rankings from . Very misleading to be ranking local teams off of us club lax when these teams don’t even crack the top 10 on the us club lax website . Is there a “ westchester” filter because from what I can see lo g island and Maryland have the top teams and then “ everyone else “

Instead of spouting off, read the room or know your audience!

It’s a rankings of local “westchester and Fairfield county” club teams. Oh, now you understand why there is no mention of any other programs.[/quote]

Apparently you even have a hard time transposing from the USCL website ....2026 is incorrect as primetime is ahead of eclipse . Also primetime is number 24 (essentially the minor leagues at that number ) and then the rest . Try a different sport for your kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What stunad said if you are on a team ranked less than 24 stop playing lacrosse? Rankings don't mean anything. They are all run by 91. What matters is how your son plays at showcases and prospect days, and most importantly his grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a real life hard lacrosse question: should a high level large athlete but lower IQ player should stay playing at highest club level due to athleticism and hopefully IQ develops or drop down a level and get tons of playing time to develop the IQ. Any real advice is appreciated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a real life hard lacrosse question: should a high level large athlete but lower IQ player should stay playing at highest club level due to athleticism and hopefully IQ develops or drop down a level and get tons of playing time to develop the IQ. Any real advice is appreciated
Play at the highest level. Great athletes aren’t pushed when you move down a level. It’s too easy to get by on athleticism alone against lesser comp. The skills/IQ will not develop as they aren’t as necessary. Stay at the top level, get pushed by better players in practice and he’ll develop quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played for a terrible team when he was younger, tons of playing time but he never learned much... Coaches either didn't coach or focused on those on the team that were either standout good or standout bad. He moved on to a much better team and he really developed, especially his game IQ because size and speed could no longer overcome mental lapses. I think you always want to be pushing the envelope and striving to get better. By dropping down a level to lower the competition, he might develop complacency or just not learn much. Experience is great, but not so much if you're reinforcing bad technique.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He should play on the best team he can assuming he gets meaningful minutes. Better to get a lot of PT on a slightly lesser team vs very few minutes on a better team. Reps are more important than wins with club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE North chatter/rumblings;

its the second time, but different grade and in as many years, that I have heard that a LIE N team has been blown up a team, since they had one losing season.
This time it's a North 2027 team from CT.

Also, a year ago, LIE N asked a coach to step down and the coach happens to be a legendary Ytown/Hop/USA player, that coaches HS too.

I have no direct experience with LIE N, but do they really cut ties to a whole group (players and/or coaches) who have one bad season, or is it a few sour grapes parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE North chatter/rumblings;

its the second time, but different grade and in as many years, that I have heard that a LIE N team has been blown up a team, since they had one losing season.

Also, a year ago, LIE N asked a coach to step down and the coach happens to be a legendary Ytown/Hop/USA player, that coaches HS too.

I have no direct experience with LIE N, but do they really cut ties to a whole group (players and/or coaches) who have one bad season, or is it a few sour grapes parents?

Exp. North is all about money.... I can see a massive overhaul with new coaches and players but to drop ~20 kids paying $2.5-3k each makes no sense.... could the coach have become disillusioned and found a better offer elsewhere and took half his team with him? complain to the right parents even if your complaints are BS and you'll have a group that follows you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]LIE North chatter/rumblings;

I suspect what you have heard, in terms of a team being "blown up" is a situation where a large number of families on one team are leaving - with many of the them probably going to the same place. This, as opposed to the organization itself getting rid of them. What happens in all travel sports is that once there is rumblings that so and so is leaving, and this kid is leaving, and the group from Town XYZ is leaving, everyone else heads for the hills as well. People will then say "the team blew up".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just noticed on Instagram that there has been a HS summer league (Sound Shore) going on at the Granite Knolls and SUNY Purchase. I knew there was a men’s and Masters, but I’m happy to see the HS division up and running.

Some team names are obvious, but wondering the team make up of:

Rose Hill,

Nac Nation,

Camp Hillard, and

Rhino

Also, it’s good to see North Salem with a team. That district is so small and you don’t see much news about them, so they are often forgotten about.

Are the Rockland county teams and warwick really driving over to Westchester for games? If so, bravo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just noticed on Instagram that there has been a HS summer league (Sound Shore) going on at the Granite Knolls and SUNY Purchase. I knew there was a men’s and Masters, but I’m happy to see the HS division up and running.

Some team names are obvious, but wondering the team make up of:

Rose Hill,

Nac Nation,

Camp Hillard, and

Rhino

Also, it’s good to see North Salem with a team. That district is so small and you don’t see much news about them, so they are often forgotten about.

Are the Rockland county teams and warwick really driving over to Westchester for games? If so, bravo!

They've had a HS division for a while. Always a very loose and casual thing. Rose Hill is Fordham Prep, Nac Nation is Stepinac, Rhino is a club team. Attendance always very random in summer. It's a cool vibe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Eclipse cut their entire 2nd team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard a new club started in Fairfield County. Some CT Wolves coaches left, started it and brought over a bunch of players. Anyone have any more info on this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalry. Graham niemi.

Like Reply Quote
Page 76 of 99 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 98 99
Quick Reply