BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 126 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are usually about 6 packed teams worth of kids at the tryouts. Can someone say how many teams they were able to make at this years tryout?
Highlight or command only. Not both.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are usually about 6 packed teams worth of kids at the tryouts. Can someone say how many teams they were able to make at this years tryout?

The tryout numbers were pretty much the same as they've always been. Not sure why anyone thinks AS is any different when it's run by the person that used to run UA and almost all the coaches were former UA coaches. It just costs A LOT more than UA for the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please read what we have all communicated. The IWCLA has partnered with AS. That is the big difference. Do you know the IWCLA and the benefit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highlight had 5 teams with about 16-17 girls per team. So around 80 girls total.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest joke is the UA underclass selection process. Do yourself a favor and do a little research. DK selected three Redshirts. The other two coaches have long ties to Anne Arundel County clubs and high schools, and one has a tie to Roland Park. Now look at the UA Highlight roster. See any correlations? You will find it interesting and validates what most are saying. This is the reason why the UA will continue to slide in talent.
Clearly you’re not wrong but your complaints aren’t new problems. UA and every other all star type team is the same. AS follows suit look at the rosters and the club coaches evaluating you can just as clearly see the correlations. This isn’t ever going to change get on whichever team you can neither will hurt. Looking at the rosters for MD if you combined AS 22s/23s and played UA Highlight clearly UA would be favored also there will be coaches at both tournaments. Good luck to all the girls.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with you. We are on the same page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The biggest joke is the UA underclass selection process. Do yourself a favor and do a little research. DK selected three Redshirts. The other two coaches have long ties to Anne Arundel County clubs and high schools, and one has a tie to Roland Park. Now look at the UA Highlight roster. See any correlations? You will find it interesting and validates what most are saying. This is the reason why the UA will continue to slide in talent.
Clearly you’re not wrong but your complaints aren’t new problems. UA and every other all star type team is the same. AS follows suit look at the rosters and the club coaches evaluating you can just as clearly see the correlations. This isn’t ever going to change get on whichever team you can neither will hurt. Looking at the rosters for MD if you combined AS 22s/23s and played UA Highlight clearly UA would be favored also there will be coaches at both tournaments.

Corrigan needs to fix issues with iwlca for support. Are you saying AS let coaches have input on teams ? I was told by a source they were not allowed at tryouts and were notified of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest joke is the UA underclass selection process. Do yourself a favor and do a little research. DK selected three Redshirts. The other two coaches have long ties to Anne Arundel County clubs and high schools, and one has a tie to Roland Park. Now look at the UA Highlight roster. See any correlations? You will find it interesting and validates what most are saying. This is the reason why the UA will continue to slide in talent.
Clearly you’re not wrong but your complaints aren’t new problems. UA and every other all star type team is the same. AS follows suit look at the rosters and the club coaches evaluating you can just as clearly see the correlations. This isn’t ever going to change get on whichever team you can neither will hurt. Looking at the rosters for MD if you combined AS 22s/23s and played UA Highlight clearly UA would be favored also there will be coaches at both tournaments. Good luck to all the girls.

You are correct. The UA Highlight team would run a AS 22/23 team off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA 2022 is not strong, but the SA 2023 is strong. I agree, the UA team would win hands down and by quite a bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please read what we have all communicated. The IWCLA has partnered with AS. That is the big difference. Do you know the IWCLA and the benefit?

If being linked to the IWLCA is so great why don't any top clubs play in their tournaments other than President's Cup in Florida?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not wrong but there’s some pretty good 23’s on UA as well. I under stand there a questionable few on both teams that’s just politics. There’s 9SW and 5Elite players on AS and all solid players but most wouldn’t have made UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If being linked to the IWLCA is so great why don't any top clubs play in their tournaments other than President's Cup in Florida?

The top teams play in quite a few.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which teams and which tournies ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not wrong but there’s some pretty good 23’s on UA as well. I under stand there a questionable few on both teams that’s just politics. There’s 9SW and 5Elite players on AS and all solid players but most wouldn’t have made UA.

The best in class at 23 are at American select. One girl got hurt and didn’t make as but made under armour. The ones that made ua aren’t as good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA was not well attended in NJ today. AS took the talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not a believer in the AS, until I saw the Highlight roster. I believe that AS has the backing of the college coaching association, and coaches will be present at the AS games, and not so present at the UA games. AS is the way to go, but they too have to fix some issues.

With Long Island having 2 teams for each age group for AS, I would say they have a lot of issues to fix. 83 Yellow Jackets represented on those teams. CR basically moved her club to the AS. That's a lot of $$

Listen if your worried about looks from coaches by the time these 2 tournaments come around, you’re living on another planet. This begs the question- Are these tournaments even relevant anymore?
The coaches have been out looking all summer.
They are only really getting second looks at this point.

This past weekend there weren’t as many coaches at the G8 as there were at Champions Cup. Didn’t anyone else notice? We are top bracket so we noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not a believer in the AS, until I saw the Highlight roster. I believe that AS has the backing of the college coaching association, and coaches will be present at the AS games, and not so present at the UA games. AS is the way to go, but they too have to fix some issues.

With Long Island having 2 teams for each age group for AS, I would say they have a lot of issues to fix. 83 Yellow Jackets represented on those teams. CR basically moved her club to the AS. That's a lot of $$

Listen if your worried about looks from coaches by the time these 2 tournaments come around, you’re living on another planet. This begs the question- Are these tournaments even relevant anymore?

This past weekend there weren’t as many coaches at the G8 as there were at Champions Cup. Didn’t anyone else notice? We are top bracket so we noticed.

What you fail to realize is that this is another opportunity to be seen by coaches that most girls will not be able to experience. It's all about looks, and the more chances you get the better. Maybe your daughter did ok at Championship Cup, but crushes it at UA or AS and changes a coaches mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think its more of a resume building thing than anything else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were top program coaches at the G8 2023 games. Not many watching the 2022’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not going to sit here and give you that information. Since you know everything and obviously have the time, you look it up. I know that our entire club team got recruited at those young top 30 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not going to sit here and give you that information. Since you know everything and obviously have the time, you look it up. I know that our entire club team got recruited at those young top 30 teams.

Again the top clubs play in 1-2 and that’s it. They get recruited at the others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't even know what your third sentence means but my daughter played for a top club and attended 2 IWLCA tournaments ever. President's Cup one fall and Champions Cup(think that's what it was called and it was in Richmond). And the only reason they attended the one in Richmond is because M&D messed up and didn't get teams into Lax for the Cure that year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again the top clubs play in 1-2 and that’s it. They get recruited at the others.
That really is a ridiculous comment - "they get recruited at the others". So, you are a coach and you know where/how all the players get recruited? Some players get looks at clinics/camps, not even at the tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here. My daughter got recruited at a camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were top program coaches at the G8 2023 games. Not many watching the 2022’s.

Definitely looking like coaches have finished up the 2022’s for the most part. With September fast approaching and so many transfers in the portal being picked up, looks like most coaches are moving on to the 2023’s. I feel like the 2022’s have really been negatively impacted by Covid and the 5th year. Will be interesting to see how the 2023’s are impacted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, this is completely ridiculous. My daughter plays for a top club in the top bracket with most teammates recruited at this point. We have played at Champions, Capital, Southwest, New England and Presidents Cup in the past. We always had lots of college coaches watching (although not D1 during the quiet period). My daughter has also been a player at the UA Underclass games. Any time you can be seen by a college coach is a good thing no matter what tourney, showcase, camp or clinic. I think Covid and the quiet period showed all potential recruits this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when US Lacrosse will let players know if they have been selected for the National Combine?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely looking like coaches have finished up the 2022’s for the most part. With September fast approaching and so many transfers in the portal being picked up, looks like most coaches are moving on to the 2023’s. I feel like the 2022’s have really been negatively impacted by Covid and the 5th year. Will be interesting to see how the 2023’s are impacted.

Yes it seemed that the coaches are finished looking en masse and now are being choosy at what teams they choose to watch.
The UA and AS don’t factor in as they will always have lots of lookers, but I am really curious about the MidAtlantic this weekend and not many coaches attending.
You can’t physically attend every camp, so hoping for some great camps/clinics in the fall based on what schools we are looking at visiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possible shakeup in the IAAM coaching ranks coming next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the sky walkers on the AS made UA also last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch this space

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possible shakeup in the IAAM coaching ranks coming next week
Go enjoy your summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 of 9 is far from most. The G would of been a sure thing besides her it’s a garbage shoot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 of 9 is far from most. The G would of been a sure thing besides her it’s a garbage shoot.

darn man. Your tough. That 23 sw team is up there. You have to be just trolling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do tell…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on at Glenelg Country and McDonogh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

darn man. Your tough. That 23 sw team is up there. You have to be just trolling.

Why the need to troll? That SW team only has 3 or 4 bluechips, one being the goalie. All of the others are just regular.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your talking about the coaches, the rumor mill says TC is leaving next year and the GCDS asst coach is coming. Who really knows......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your talking about the coaches, the rumor mill says TC is leaving next year and the GCDS asst coach is coming. Who really knows......

God- who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Possible shakeup in the IAAM coaching ranks coming next week

A male coach with get the Maryvale job! Bet on it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 126 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard