BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 204 of 268 1 2 202 203 204 205 206 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exactly, some of these HS coaches do nothing to help the kids get recruited. It’s sad that these coaches think about their standings before thinking about their kids. You can help your son get recruited without all the nonsense of traveling all over and playing on ridiculously over priced club teams. Not all of them help with recruiting. Start by emailing coaches that you think are a good fit for your son. Find out about the majors they offer. D1 sports are like a f/t job and your son may not see the field until they are a senior. Their are plenty of colleges that have good D2 and D3 teams with less time on the field and more time for school work. Remember, your so isn’t going to make a living playing MLL. Our kids are there to learn and move on in life. I think individual showcases are the best. Make a video and keep in contact with the interested coaches. It’s not hard, but you need to keep connected to these coaches and keep them updated on your sons status.

So the HS coach shouldn’t be concerned with winning? He should be concerned with getting your kid recruited? Is that serious

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the song go? Ding dong….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlurker
Your kid can play college lacrosse on most college teams without buying into all the nonsense. There are about 25 D1 schools and 8 D3 schools that are highly selective and you'll need to spend a fortune on travel teams, all star games, prospect camps, etc. You'll need to stink up to your high school coach to make sure your kid makes all county, gets your kid's name in the local paper on a regular basis, etc. if you want a chance at those top schools. Outside of those 25 schools.....your kid can play 2-3 sports, have a social life, and just email and call the coach and work it out with the coach and your high school coach. "Recruiting" is a funny word in lacrosse. The parents spend a fortune in time and money to get their kid "recruited". Who is recruiting who?

Who is recruiting who...........this is so true!!!!!!! I also agree with everything you said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they should be concerned with winning, it’s part of their job, but helping with recruiting is something the HS coaches should be happy to help the kids out with. It only looks good for the school to have kids get recruited. And yes I’m serious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they should be concerned with winning, it’s part of their job, but helping with recruiting is something the HS coaches should be happy to help the kids out with. It only looks good for the school to have kids get recruited. And yes I’m serious!

You seem to lack knowledge on the subject. The coaches job is to win, not seek out opportunities for your son. If a program is interested in your son the coach of that school will call the HS coach who will give his assessment of your son, send some video and tell your son what’s next. That’s your “help”. Seriously hope this helps.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard St Johns HS is looking for a new Varsity coach.

Hearing Massapequa is now looking for a new coach as well.

That’s a big job and should draw in a lot of interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just feel that the HS coaches, for the most part, a few exceptions. Don’t have the relationships that Express, 91 or Legacy has. Those clubs on LI seem to get the most recruits and I got to believe that is all relationship based. But that’s just my view.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Colts21
If Covid made it so tough to get recruited for D1 how would one explain all the no-name kids, from no name lacrosse programs and no-name high schools that made it to division one? The best went D1 with very few exceptions. It is that simple. Also awards mean nothing. The best record schools get a bunch of spots for all county while the lower finishing schools may not get any even though there are deserving kids who should make it over a first place school kid. The same could be said about All Long Island. Very political process. The major lacrosse HS program coaches have the most say on who gets selected. Not taking anything away from those who made all Long Island. I will say most of those kids who got all Long Island did deserve it but some kids were left off for kids who came from schools with a great record and a coach with political pull.

The elite players had spots in the top 25 schools as soon as the recruiting period started. First of all, this class was the first one who couldn't be recruited in 8th grade, and had to wait until the fall of their sophomore year. So if you were a late bloomer, or not on an elite travel team, it made it difficult to make it to a top 25 D1 school. My son had plenty of interest from the mid majors, but since he didn't play at a powerhouse HS, or play for an elite team, they wanted to see his Junior season.That was taken away, along with the summer and fall. He was asked to go to top 10 schools after a PG year, and decided to take a D2 offer at a school that fit him academically and he will have a chance to make a run for a championship. If you haven't been through the process with all of these changes that the 2021 player have faced, you just don't get it.

Your son had a shot at a Top 10 D-1 program, so something like UNC, UVA or ND and chose to go D-2 instead of a PG year? Please tell me you’re joking. If true you cost that kid hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential future income. Need to rethink your priorities. Pro lacrosse isn’t paying the mortgage and that D-2 lacrosse championship ring is going to sit in a drawer. Some parents don’t get it.[/quote]

Pass up a $130000 scholarship to a top D2 school with one of the best internship programs in business for a maybe at a mid major and a $10000 maybe scholarship. You are the reason we have this forgive student debt talk from Bernie and Elizabeth Warren. It is about the education first and getting out without debt a close second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem to lack knowledge on the subject. The coaches job is to win, not seek out opportunities for your son. If a program is interested in your son the coach of that school will call the HS coach who will give his assessment of your son, send some video and tell your son what’s next. That’s your “help”. Seriously hope this helps.

Part of a coach’s job is to develop young men. Helping them by reaching out to college coaches, who most have some kind of relationship with is a big part of it. Some take pride in getting their players into D1 programs. Others are more concerned with the players being matched up with a program they can succeed in. I’m My son is most of the help from his travel team coordinator and coaches than his HS coach, but they both were involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing wrong with D2 or D3, If my kid wasn't getting recruited to a top 25 D1, I would definitely have considered it for my kid. The point is the top 25 D1 are typically a better option, and the best kids get recruited to those programs.

Top 25 lacrosse or academic? Most D-2 schools are not on par with D-3 schools academically.

You're literally talking nonsense. Until you back your comments up with facts, please SU.

Okay, so RIT #1 in D-3 SAT standards 1220-1410, Lemoyne, D-2 #1 1070-1280, Salisbury D-3 runner up 1080-1230, Len Rhyne 970-1170. D-2 playoff teams: Wingate-930-1130, Seton Hill 900-1150, Tampa 1100-1250 (90 kids on roster, good luck getting on the field there), Mercy 890-1080, Mt Olive 900-1100, UIndy 980-1190.D3 playoff teams: Colorado College, 14% admissions, Transylvania 1080-1350, Centre 1130-1380, Denison 1200-1410, Catholic 1020-1230,C. Newport 1110-1280 Stevens Inst 1340-1500. Backed up i guess.

another top school in the MCLA is Georgia Tech

MCLA has excellent academics, but the lacrosse is not on par with NCAA. MCLA wouldn’t compete with D-3 programs.

There's a HUGE quality range within D3 (and also MCLA).

The best D3 teams would compete with and beat the lower end of D1, while the bottom half or so would lose handily to good high school teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Covid made it so tough to get recruited for D1 how would one explain all the no-name kids, from no name lacrosse programs and no-name high schools that made it to division one? The best went D1 with very few exceptions. It is that simple. Also awards mean nothing. The best record schools get a bunch of spots for all county while the lower finishing schools may not get any even though there are deserving kids who should make it over a first place school kid. The same could be said about All Long Island. Very political process. The major lacrosse HS program coaches have the most say on who gets selected. Not taking anything away from those who made all Long Island. I will say most of those kids who got all Long Island did deserve it but some kids were left off for kids who came from schools with a great record and a coach with political pull.

The elite players had spots in the top 25 schools as soon as the recruiting period started. First of all, this class was the first one who couldn't be recruited in 8th grade, and had to wait until the fall of their sophomore year. So if you were a late bloomer, or not on an elite travel team, it made it difficult to make it to a top 25 D1 school. My son had plenty of interest from the mid majors, but since he didn't play at a powerhouse HS, or play for an elite team, they wanted to see his Junior season.That was taken away, along with the summer and fall. He was asked to go to top 10 schools after a PG year, and decided to take a D2 offer at a school that fit him academically and he will have a chance to make a run for a championship. If you haven't been through the process with all of these changes that the 2021 player have faced, you just don't get it.

Your son had a shot at a Top 10 D-1 program, so something like UNC, UVA or ND and chose to go D-2 instead of a PG year? Please tell me you’re joking. If true you cost that kid hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential future income. Need to rethink your priorities. Pro lacrosse isn’t paying the mortgage and that D-2 lacrosse championship ring is going to sit in a drawer. Some parents don’t get it.

Pass up a $130000 scholarship to a top D2 school with one of the best internship programs in business for a maybe at a mid major and a $10000 maybe scholarship. You are the reason we have this forgive student debt talk from Bernie and Elizabeth Warren. It is about the education first and getting out without debt a close second.[/quote]

What is a top d-2 school? Tops in lacrosse? Again, D-2 schools are okay academically, why not Binghampton or SB? Two top academic schools, and if your boy was being recruited to the UNC's and Dukes then his academics must be great. Those two SUNY schools are awesome, cheap and if he got even a little money it is still on par with whatever Private D-2 you chose. Your story lacks one thing...truthfulness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your son had a shot at a Top 10 D-1 program, so something like UNC, UVA or ND and chose to go D-2 instead of a PG year? Please tell me you’re joking. If true you cost that kid hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential future income. Need to rethink your priorities. Pro lacrosse isn’t paying the mortgage and that D-2 lacrosse championship ring is going to sit in a drawer. Some parents don’t get it.

Pass up a $130000 scholarship to a top D2 school with one of the best internship programs in business for a maybe at a mid major and a $10000 maybe scholarship. You are the reason we have this forgive student debt talk from Bernie and Elizabeth Warren. It is about the education first and getting out without debt a close second.

What is a top d-2 school? Tops in lacrosse? Again, D-2 schools are okay academically, why not Binghampton or SB? Two top academic schools, and if your boy was being recruited to the UNC's and Dukes then his academics must be great. Those two SUNY schools are awesome, cheap and if he got even a little money it is still on par with whatever Private D-2 you chose. Your story lacks one thing...truthfulness.[/quote]

IMO, and of most coaches I speak with, unless your son is a legit pro prospect, they should go to the school that is most aligned with his academic goals and is the most financially responsible. Now, will a Duke or ND business degree have more weight than somewhere else, maybe. Will the connections be better, possibly. I would rather my son get out of school with as little debt as possible. The D3 schools in his circle are like 60k+ a year, the D2 school is like 38k and can give lacrosse money, not much but every bit helps. Would a D1 school have his academic interests and lacrosse, sure, but he little to no chance of being on any of those programs. There is zero reason to play D1 lacrosse just to play D1 if it doesn't align academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a top d-2 school? Tops in lacrosse? Again, D-2 schools are okay academically, why not Binghampton or SB? Two top academic schools, and if your boy was being recruited to the UNC's and Dukes then his academics must be great. Those two SUNY schools are awesome, cheap and if he got even a little money it is still on par with whatever Private D-2 you chose. Your story lacks one thing...truthfulness.

IMO, and of most coaches I speak with, unless your son is a legit pro prospect, they should go to the school that is most aligned with his academic goals and is the most financially responsible. Now, will a Duke or ND business degree have more weight than somewhere else, maybe. Will the connections be better, possibly. I would rather my son get out of school with as little debt as possible. The D3 schools in his circle are like 60k+ a year, the D2 school is like 38k and can give lacrosse money, not much but every bit helps. Would a D1 school have his academic interests and lacrosse, sure, but he little to no chance of being on any of those programs. There is zero reason to play D1 lacrosse just to play D1 if it doesn't align academically.[/quote]

Please tell me you didn't reference Pro Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard same on Pequa. Wonder what happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true. The math speaks for itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think the ND or Duke business degree "maybe" carries more weight than any D2 school, you clearly do not operate in the business world and are very misinformed and not providing your son with good advice. If you believe the connections from ND or Duke or insert any ivy school or UVA are only possibly deeper/better/insitutionalized as part of the program than ANY D2 school, again you missed the boat. Those schools provide HUGE advantages. Its up to your son once he gets there, but you are kidding yourself or did not really sit in on the recruiting visits if you missed that part of the pitch the coach no doubt was selling, with truth, ahead of said teams ability to compete for a national championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is about education first, D-2 schools shouldn't even be in the conversation. they lag behind the majority of SUNY schools in academic reputation. Additionally, most D-2 schools have price tags upwards of $60k. Again, your story sounds fishy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I believe it's great for a kid to go to The Best school it is Best to go to Right (best fit) school.

Every kid is different and every school is different and every program is different. Help your sons and or daughters find the best fit.

Below is cut and paste from the girls thread... a lot more opportunity out there for the girls / women but Lacrosse can help the boys as well.

-- "Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from "Target Schools". Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school from 2014 - 2019.

Not knocking or touting any schools, just pointing out that Lacrosse can help get our children into many of the feeder schools that many companies recruit from.

Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Yes, I know there are a lot of great schools that are not on any of the lists....

Investment Banking: at the top firms (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

Consulting: at the top firms (2014 - 2020)

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
23 - Washington Uni St. Louis
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
27 - Uni Southern California
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

1 University of California, Berkeley
2 Stanford University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 University of Southern California
5 The University of Texas at Austin
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 San Jose State University
9 University of California, San Diego
10 Arizona State University
11 University of Michigan
12 University of California, Los Angeles
13 North Carolina State University
14 California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
15 Cornell University
16 University of Waterloo (Canada)
17 Texas A&M University
18 University of Washington
19 Purdue University
20 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
21 Santa Clara University
22 University of Phoenix
23 University of California, Santa Barbara
24 University of California, Davis
25 Penn State University

Here is some additional food for thought... Link to article at the bottom

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
7 - University of Cal. Berkeley
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
18 - Carnegie Mellon University
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
21 - Claremont McKenna College
22 - Arizona State
23 - California Institute of Technology
24 - University of Maryland
25 - North Carolina State
26 - University of Cal. San Diego
27 - Florida
28 - University of Cal. Davis
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/ "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pass up a $130000 scholarship to a top D2 school with one of the best internship programs in business for a maybe at a mid major and a $10000 maybe scholarship. You are the reason we have this forgive student debt talk from Bernie and Elizabeth Warren. It is about the education first and getting out without debt a close second.[/quote]

I have a daughter who is a 22 and she chose the exact same option - D2 vs D1. The school was a better academic fit, checked everything on her wish list and she will get to play all 4 years and have a run at a national championship. It’s a great school and I have no doubt she will stay and play all 4 years vs the D1 option where she probably wouldn’t have seen the field until the last 2 years if she even waited it out that long. She wants to play. And she will have a fun and enjoyable 4 years doing so. There is a real reason only 50% of D1 lacrosse athletes make it all 4 years. Especially when they see their counterparts who don’t have the D1 grind getting to enjoy all aspects of college life! And stating that choosing the D2 option “cost that kid hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential future income” is laughable. Some of the most successful and wealthiest people I know didn’t play a D1 sport. And I know many adults who had very successful college lacrosse careers at top D1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The attached article and methodology were interesting and insightful, worth reading.

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
7 - University of Cal. Berkeley
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
18 - Carnegie Mellon University
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
21 - Claremont McKenna College
22 - Arizona State
23 - California Institute of Technology
24 - University of Maryland
25 - North Carolina State
26 - University of Cal. San Diego
27 - Florida
28 - University of Cal. Davis
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/ "

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is about education first, D-2 schools shouldn't even be in the conversation. they lag behind the majority of SUNY schools in academic reputation. Additionally, most D-2 schools have price tags upwards of $60k. Again, your story sounds fishy.
If you think the ND or Duke business degree "maybe" carries more weight than any D2 school, you clearly do not operate in the business world and are very misinformed and not providing your son with good advice. If you believe the connections from ND or Duke or insert any ivy school or UVA are only possibly deeper/better/insitutionalized as part of the program than ANY D2 school, again you missed the boat. Those schools provide HUGE advantages. Its up to your son once he gets there, but you are kidding yourself or did not really sit in on the recruiting visits if you missed that part of the pitch the coach no doubt was selling, with truth, ahead of said teams ability to compete for a national championship.

Having an older child who will be graduating from one of these listed “top academic schools” (NOT a student athlete) and having a rising HS senior who will be at a top D2 school and playing lacrosse, it came down to what was the best fit for EACH kid. I actually think my 2nd kid will have an equal opportunity for networking and post college success as my older child. It is all about relationships and making the best of your opportunities. And whether anyone wants to admit it, a lot comes down to the kid’s own work ethic and personality and who they and their family knows and has networking connections with. They will just need a single opportunity post graduation. Unless you are in medical school, work in higher education or want to work the C-suite corporate business life, it won’t really matter what university is listed on your resume. I’ve worked for a couple top Fortune 50 companies my entire career and my ability to make money and climb the ladder had more to do with my job performance and the network that I built than what college was listed on my resume. I went to a smaller state university in MD and have beaten out quite a few peers for promotions over the years from top academic institutions. And I know many others who have done the same!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

What is a top d-2 school? Tops in lacrosse? Again, D-2 schools are okay academically, why not Binghampton or SB? Two top academic schools, and if your boy was being recruited to the UNC's and Dukes then his academics must be great. Those two SUNY schools are awesome, cheap and if he got even a little money it is still on par with whatever Private D-2 you chose. Your story lacks one thing...truthfulness.[/quote]

You're going to tell me that Binghamton and Stony Brook are better than Pace for a business degree? Binghamton maybe a little better, but no way is Stony Brook, they don't even have a business school. Any why go to Binghamton and not have a chance to win, when Pace makes the playoffs every year. Your post lacks one thing.. a clue.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
IMO, and of most coaches I speak with, unless your son is a legit pro prospect, they should go to the school that is most aligned with his academic goals and is the most financially responsible. Now, will a Duke or ND business degree have more weight than somewhere else, maybe. Will the connections be better, possibly. I would rather my son get out of school with as little debt as possible. The D3 schools in his circle are like 60k+ a year, the D2 school is like 38k and can give lacrosse money, not much but every bit helps. Would a D1 school have his academic interests and lacrosse, sure, but he little to no chance of being on any of those programs. There is zero reason to play D1 lacrosse just to play D1 if it doesn't align academically.[/quote]

AMEN!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a daughter who is a 22 and she chose the exact same option - D2 vs D1. The school was a better academic fit, checked everything on her wish list and she will get to play all 4 years and have a run at a national championship. It’s a great school and I have no doubt she will stay and play all 4 years vs the D1 option where she probably wouldn’t have seen the field until the last 2 years if she even waited it out that long. She wants to play. And she will have a fun and enjoyable 4 years doing so. There is a real reason only 50% of D1 lacrosse athletes make it all 4 years. Especially when they see their counterparts who don’t have the D1 grind getting to enjoy all aspects of college life! And stating that choosing the D2 option “cost that kid hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential future income” is laughable. Some of the most successful and wealthiest people I know didn’t play a D1 sport. And I know many adults who had very successful college lacrosse careers at top D1 programs.[/quote]

You're going to tell me that Binghamton and Stony Brook are better than Pace for a business degree? Binghamton maybe a little better, but no way is Stony Brook, they don't even have a business school. Any why go to Binghamton and not have a chance to win, when Pace makes the playoffs every year. Your post lacks one thing.. a clue.[/quote]

Keep patting yourself on the back. It’s not that good. Sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a potential “top 10” d-1 prospect can’t catch the starting lineup at Binghamton. Sounds so legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're going to tell me that Binghamton and Stony Brook are better than Pace for a business degree? Binghamton maybe a little better, but no way is Stony Brook, they don't even have a business school. Any why go to Binghamton and not have a chance to win, when Pace makes the playoffs every year. Your post lacks one thing.. a clue.[/quote]

Unless you go to a top school like the ones on the list that are being posted it does not matter which school one graduates from. It will fall on the individual. My business (we get hundreds of resumes a month) we would take a Stony Brook or Binghamton graduate over Pace for the simple reason that none are top schools and those state schools are much harder to get in and have better reputations. If a Pace kid does much better on an interview or has a much higher GPA and for other other reasons we would take the Pace candidate. But on paper Stony Brook and Binghamton are better. Stony Brook does have business major. We see that on resumes all the time. For d2 we respect Bentley. Great business program. That’s about it for d2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not one for the rankings or acceptance rates however this is interesting. Niche ranked the top 1192 business programs. Pace was not in the top 1192 and both Stony Brook and Binghamton were. Bentley was number 40. Pace also had an 75 to 85% acceptance rate depending on the year. Stony Brook and Binghamton both under 50 percent acceptance rate. Like I said rankings and acceptance rate me nothing. There are some schools that have a high volume of low level applicants apply lowering acceptance rates. However when a school cannot make a list of 1192 Schools ranked and carries an 85% acceptance rate it is hard to argue that that school is elite and should be taken over a school such as Duke, University of Virginia or even Stony Brook/Binghamton. All those schools easily made the top 1192.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pace is an average school. It gets high marks for diversity, Bernie and Elizabeth Warren would love the school. I sincerely hope your son enjoys his four years there and doesn’t have any regrets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US News Business school rankings. Pace 110, Binghamton 84. Stony Brook doesn’t have a business school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US News Business school rankings. Pace 110, Binghamton 84. Stony Brook doesn’t have a business school.

US news uses a point system in rankings. Look at the criteria and how many points are awarded for each category. US news gives a a high percentage of points for diversity. They really don’t consider student outcome, job placement or earning ability after graduation. The diverse schools such as Pace do very well. The Grade Point Average for accepted students at Pace is 3.4 and average SAT is 1140. Stony Brook average SAT is 1310 and Grade point average is 3.84. Binghamton average SAT is 1375 and gpa is 3.7. Other schools that were compared on this thread to Pace were the University of Virginia average GPA 4.32 out of 4.0 and average SAT1430. Duke average GPA 4.13 and average SAT is a 1510. Remember state schools such as Binghamton, Stony Brook and Virginia must take a certain percentage of in-state applicants so their averages for SAT and grade point average will be lower than private schools. Trying to compare Pace to Virginia and Duke is absurd. Pace does not even stack up against Binghamton and stony Brook. Nothing against Pace but you should not try and make it something it is not. It is an average school at best and cannot compare to a decent business program.
Good luck to your son as I do believe that going to a better school only opens the first door. After somebody gets their first job and in the workforce for a few years it does not matter where they went unless they attend the best of the best such as Virginia, Duke and other like schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it’s 110-143. Accuracy counts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 recruit and didn’t consider Albany? Curious why not? Stony Brook has a business school as well. Pace is average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please take this juvenile pissing was somewhere else. No gives an eff where your kid goes to college and you certainly don’t need to defend his choice on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which I think means it is tied with all the average schools. I guess the Pace dad was not confident with the real stats. It is actually a big difference being ranked number 110 through 143 compared to number 110 standing alone. Pace cannot separate themselves from 33 other schools. This also proves everyone’s point that Stony Brook and Binghamton are much better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WRONG!!! I hope you did not advise your son to pick Pace based on this ranking. This ranking does not rank the Pace undergraduate business school. It ranks only full time MBA Programs. On this list you refer to the Pace MBA program is not 110 but it is tied for 110-143. So you got that wrong too. Stoneybrook is not on that list because they do not have a full-time MBA program for business. I also hope you know that just because you go Pace undergraduate, which is not in the top 1192 undergraduate business programs according to niche, you do not automatically get into the MBA program unless you are specifically accepted for some type of five-year program. Maybe you should stop advising your son because you are obviously Interpreting data on emotion and wanting to see what you want to see to make Pace a high-level school when it is not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please take this juvenile pissing was somewhere else. No gives an eff where your kid goes to college and you certainly don’t need to defend his choice on this forum.

Let alone anyone's kid in general.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don’t want juvenile banter you may want to go elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son enrolled in Pace because of the mistaken belief that U.S. News & World Reports ranked Pace undergraduate Business School 110-142 (tie) you may want to rethink this. The posters are correct. The ranking is for the MBA program not the undergraduate program. If you don't believe it you should go back to the ranking and confirm this. It is obvious. Go to the ranking list link. It states the ranking list is for full time MBA programs in the United States. Other things that make it obvious is the cost of attendance of $80,000. If this were a four year school the cost would be only $20k a year. Also the number of applicants was 337 applied and 310 accepted and 112 enrolled. This is way too small for a class size of undergraduate business majors for a school like Pace. If you are wondering if Pace MBA Business program is good please look at this same ranking. Pace MBA has a class size of about 140 students per the ranking. The graduating class on average is 112 enrolled plus international students. Upon graduation only 55 percent were employed. That is awful for a masters program and to only get 70 students a job for such a small MBA program it must make you wonder if they can get the undergraduate business major students jobs. This is especially so when the undergraduate program is not ranked in the top 1192 per the Niche ranking. If your son really was a top 10 D1 recruit you may want to look at Binghamton or Stony Brook who BOTH DO HAVE UNDERGRATUATE BUSINESS MAJOR DEGREES offered and are much better than Pace according to the rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was it said that the Pace kid was a top 10 recruit? Mid majors is what was claimed, never top 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where was it said that the Pace kid was a top 10 recruit? Mid majors is what was claimed, never top 10[/quote

Read it again, the kid was being looked at by Top 10 programs but they wanted a PG year. If the kid is being looked at by Duke, UNC, Maryland and ND then Albany, Binghamton and Stony Brook would be desperate to get him without the PG year. The Pace dad made the claim. Also wrote that Pace has a better business program than Binghamton and Stony Brook and that they are 110. Lots of misstated facts in the story. Either the kid is an awesome lacrosse player or he’s pretty good. But to go from potentially Norte Dame to Pace is just crazy.

Like Reply Quote
Page 204 of 268 1 2 202 203 204 205 206 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard