BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,505
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 73 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This ends the conversation. I would like all Boston, Maryland Upstate Etc,, to just get off this forum. Once again on age we see that the Long Island Talent is the best around every year, year in and year out. That includes the A and B teams, so leave the discussion to Long Island, their B teams crush any other areas teams that are around, there are just much better players of age in Long Island then anywhere else in the country. Express and some of the larger orgs 91, etc, they are the flavor because they were their first so all talent that is developed on the other teams filters its way to them. But the body as a whole Long Island just has better lacrosse then anywhere in the country. Hands down, mic drop.

Beat Sweetlax by one. Let's not crown the island as the greatest because of one tournament

Sweetlax has been so close in many games against Express and will beat them soon, Tiger beat Express by a lot in March and should have at NLF a month ago, and Hawks beat them at NAL, so it is great that all the tournaments are very close and ranks will change based on the latest tournament. Right now it is Express, Tigers, Sweetlax, VLC, Hawks. Whose is at the NLF tournament coming up?

Says the same guy who wrote: You heard it here first…an upstate team will win the WSYL tournament this year.

Please let the smack talk and excuses stop. It’s very sad.

Classic keyboard warrior response lol. LIE has beaten Sweetlax multiple times and the games are generally some of the most competitive games you’ll see at this age bracket. Either way, LIE has proven to be the best “on age” team by winning the WS. Sweetlax came up short, but has beaten virtually everyone else they’ve played, including the tigers. I’m sure many of the top teams will come to the NLF with their assortment of holdbacks, but this tournament clearly showed who the top “on age” teams are. Congrats to all the kids that left it all on the field at the WS… truly inspiring.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I see a Rebels team at the WSYL this weekend?? 2026 or 2025? Was it the LI team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This ends the conversation. I would like all Boston, Maryland Upstate Etc,, to just get off this forum. Once again on age we see that the Long Island Talent is the best around every year, year in and year out. That includes the A and B teams, so leave the discussion to Long Island, their B teams crush any other areas teams that are around, there are just much better players of age in Long Island then anywhere else in the country. Express and some of the larger orgs 91, etc, they are the flavor because they were their first so all talent that is developed on the other teams filters its way to them. But the body as a whole Long Island just has better lacrosse then anywhere in the country. Hands down, mic drop.
And that’s why the MVP was from Connecticut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are a Long Island based team.
It was their 2025 team who were at WSYL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels are a Long Island based team.
It was their 2025 team who were at WSYL
Ok thanks. I am aware they are from LI. I didn't see them on the wesite for a U14 qualifier but saw a Rebels Jersey in pics.
That explains it. Thx

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lame that infomercial Jake and the wsyl didn't acknowledge the 2 all world teams awarded at half time. Pretty sure I heard Jake say, " be sure to tune in on the 4th to watch the game. Other parts of the tournament will be highlighted as well"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 91 won the World Series with a kid from Texas. He was the MVP. Little league World Series is more real than lacrosse. Texas!

Is this true?

No, it’s not true. The “kid from Texas” is a kid who has lived on LI and played with 91 for years. His family relocated to Tx a few months ago, but since he was on the 2020 roster to go to the WSYLAX and that event was canceled he was able to continue to play with 91 for this year’s event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lame that infomercial Jake and the wsyl didn't acknowledge the 2 all world teams awarded at half time. Pretty sure I heard Jake say, " be sure to tune in on the 4th to watch the game. Other parts of the tournament will be highlighted as well"

The broadcast was too full of don't quit shake ads and five below plugs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son wasn’t honored more publicly. It was a bs political team filled with coaches’ sons anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL proved the Hawks are a second rate program who are nothing without there holdbacks. They steamroll everyone during the regular tournament play but then get exposed when the tournaments are age appropriate.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question, Express LI has three kids not from Long Island (one who won the MVP of the WSYL) is that any better than the Hawks playing with holdbacks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the 25 Team91 mvp is from TX.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the 25 Team91 mvp is from TX.

He’s from LI, part of the 91 team for years. His family had to move to Tx a few months ago and he was able to continue to play with his team this year for the WSYLAX because he was on the roster and supposed to go to the WSYLAX with them last year before it got canceled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question, Express LI has three kids not from Long Island (one who won the MVP of the WSYL) is that any better than the Hawks playing with holdbacks?
No. I would say it's on par with holdbacks. They don't belong on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has been there for almost two years not a few months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same… you simply need to be within 100 miles of the clubs home base according to the WS rules. Many CT cities fall within that guidance. holdbacks dominate lacrosse and is a bigger deal around this age group because if the physical differences. This fades out at the older levels when kids catch up physically, but definitely an advantage through tenth grade for majority of players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has been there for almost two years not a few months.

The minute he moved to Texas he was outside the 100 mile rule so ineligible to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks the WSYL is officially over the best team on that given weekend has won. Congrats to Li Express!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks the WSYL is officially over the best team on that given weekend has won. Congrats to Li Express!

Hawks are very bitter. They were certain to make the championship. The Hawks are out for some revenge. Watch out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same… you simply need to be within 100 miles of the clubs home base according to the WS rules. Many CT cities fall within that guidance. holdbacks dominate lacrosse and is a bigger deal around this age group because if the physical differences. This fades out at the older levels when kids catch up physically, but definitely an advantage through tenth grade for majority of players.

Agreed that holdback comparison is not the same.

Also agree that more WSYL hurdles and enforcement is needed to prevent the formation of super teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On age top 10
Express
Sweetlax
Tigers
Black Ops
Hawks
Towermen
BBL
Stealth
Jersey Express
Eclipse

Any age top 10
Express
Sweetlax
Hawks
Tigers
LXC
Black Ops
3D NE
Towermen
Igloo
Prime Time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the point is not that express won the World Series, the point is there has never been a team other then a Long Island team to win the World Series. I dont agree with the poster who talks about all the talent going to 91 and express, we know that. I am talking about Long Island Lacrosse so all the way down the line if you take the top 20 teams from Long Island against the top 20 teams from any area, Long Island will have the strongest pool of teams. and of course if the talent goes to the top Long Island Still has the strongest there, albeit closer because you are moving it up to just a few teams, No region can produces as many decent teams and talent pool. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reverse snowbird. He resides in LI all summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos to WSYL for doing it on age and verifying. Wish more tournaments do this. It is a joke that when I go to my 2027 soms tournaments and he is 5'2 which is in rhe 80th percentile in height and a few teammates 2 or 3 inches taller which are 90-100th percentile for 12...then we show up and these tournaments largely fron out of state schools and with a straight face they say their nearly 6 footer is 12?!? Not only do they have 1 bjt probably 4-6 on the team! Yea right. Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL proved the Hawks are a second rate program who are nothing without there holdbacks. They steamroll everyone during the regular tournament play but then get exposed when the tournaments are age appropriate.

Second rate is just a notIntelligent adjective for the Hawks as an organization. Try again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats with the Express mom who spewed derogatory comments towards Native Americans. It's all over Twitter. This is absolutely disgusting The kid should be kicked off the team. Very very bad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats with the Express mom who spewed derogatory comments towards Native Americans. It's all over Twitter. This is absolutely disgusting The kid should be kicked off the team. Very very bad!

I heard it was even addressed by the speakers during the event in the ballroom. I also heard parents were SMASHED at the event.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't believe everything you read on social media. There's always multiple sides to every story, Unfortunately, what's being spewed doesn't seem to be what actually happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the point is not that express won the World Series, the point is there has never been a team other then a Long Island team to win the World Series. I dont agree with the poster who talks about all the talent going to 91 and express, we know that. I am talking about Long Island Lacrosse so all the way down the line if you take the top 20 teams from Long Island against the top 20 teams from any area, Long Island will have the strongest pool of teams. and of course if the talent goes to the top Long Island Still has the strongest there, albeit closer because you are moving it up to just a few teams, No region can produces as many decent teams and talent pool. Period.

I should know better than to address this with any sense of intelligence but this statement is so off base that I can't help myself. There are over 3 million people on an island that stretches about 120 miles. If you include Brooklyn and Queens, along with the close proximity to CT, the pool to draw top players is enormous. Hence, this is why there are so many club teams on the island. There are not many other states in the country that could get that many club teams within that distance to practice regularly, which is needed to develop and compete at a high level. Yes, there are some awesome club teams on the island, along with many inferior teams that struggle to compete at the elite level. A little perspective and some basic math would tell you that you have a sheer numbers advantage to draw players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't believe everything you read on social media. There's always multiple sides to every story, Unfortunately, what's being spewed doesn't seem to be what actually happened.

Not to this one! What a complete piece of entitled trash. Shame on her and to the event for standing for this. Horrible!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kudos to WSYL for doing it on age and verifying. Wish more tournaments do this. It is a joke that when I go to my 2027 soms tournaments and he is 5'2 which is in rhe 80th percentile in height and a few teammates 2 or 3 inches taller which are 90-100th percentile for 12...then we show up and these tournaments largely fron out of state schools and with a straight face they say their nearly 6 footer is 12?!? Not only do they have 1 bjt probably 4-6 on the team! Yea right. Joke

Stop it with the height means older whining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard it was even addressed by the speakers during the event in the ballroom. I also heard parents were SMASHED at the event.

If addressed mans he acknowledged something happening in the audience, then sure, it was addressed. No one besides those in that immediate area could tell what was going on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If addressed mans he acknowledged something happening in the audience, then sure, it was addressed. No one besides those in that immediate area could tell what was going on

Second rate is just a notIntelligent adjective for the Hawks as an organization. Try again

Agreed. I'm an express parent, and that's a poor choice of words. My son enjoys hanging out with those Hawks players. Surprise, most of these teams would enjoy hanging out with the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you go to the WS? I'm guessing not. They're were plenty of U13 kids over 6ft. My son included. 6ft doesn't mean older than a short kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you go to the WS? I'm guessing not. They're were plenty of U13 kids over 6ft. My son included. 6ft doesn't mean older than a short kid

Also, tall does not equal better. Some of the most dominant players in the game are 5’9”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not to this one! What a complete piece of entitled trash. Shame on her and to the event for standing for this. Horrible!

Sad that a privileged white woman would put down the creators of the game. I hope she is truly embarrassed for her deplorable behavior. She owes an apology and much more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save your breath, you'll never convince dad of short kid that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, tall does not equal better. Some of the most dominant players in the game are 5’9”
Exactly. The people that complain that tall kids are older must have shorter, less skilled kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad that a privileged white woman would put down the creators of the game. I hope she is truly embarrassed for her deplorable behavior. She owes an apology and much more!

She's getting killed on Twitter, clear face picture and all. He name will be out soon I'm sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. I'm an express parent, and that's a poor choice of words. My son enjoys hanging out with those Hawks players. Surprise, most of these teams would enjoy hanging out with the other teams.
👆👆👆

Page 65 of 73 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard