BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 327 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for adding to my point. “you should buy a ticket and come to her luncheon” You go to the YJ’s Showcase and they ask for a $10.00 donation to get in for what??? I already paid for the tournament!!! I don’t know about you but I like to know where my donations go to. I like to know that the charity that I am giving my hard earned money too is not going to add to someone personal bank account. Now you go down to Lax for a Cure tournament and there doing the same thing. I know this tournament is for a good cause, but it seems that the Yellow Jackets have their hand in it as well. Just saying……..
To what donation are you referring? A donation is just that : a donation. If you opt out, no issue. If you do not have the details, the scratch, or the willingness, simply do not contribute.

Exactly how can you in one sentence say "I like to know that the charity that I am giving my hard earned money too (sic) is not going to add to someone (sic) personal bank account", then you sentences later are sure the "Yellow Jackets have their hand in it as well" ?

Seriously, what kind of judge and jury are you to give these views?

Just saying......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell my why lax tournament fees are so expensive? They charge upwards of $70 per player. With a roster of 20 girls that comes out to $1400 per team. This is 2 or 3 times more than soccer tournament fees. Am I missing something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Thank you for adding to my point. “you should buy a ticket and come to her luncheon” You go to the YJ’s Showcase and they ask for a $10.00 donation to get in for what??? I already paid for the tournament!!! I don’t know about you but I like to know where my donations go to. I like to know that the charity that I am giving my hard earned money too is not going to add to someone personal bank account. Now you go down to Lax for a Cure tournament and there doing the same thing. I know this tournament is for a good cause, but it seems that the Yellow Jackets have their hand in it as well. Just saying……..
To what donation are you referring? A donation is just that : a donation. If you opt out, no issue. If you do not have the details, the scratch, or the willingness, simply do not contribute.

Exactly how can you in one sentence say "I like to know that the charity that I am giving my hard earned money too (sic) is not going to add to someone (sic) personal bank account", then you sentences later are sure the "Yellow Jackets have their hand in it as well" ?

Just saying......

The donation goes to a scholarship fund for YJ girls. Every penny goes back to the girls. On the other hand YJ do charge high fees for tournaments.. Most are 100.00 and up.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The donation goes to a scholarship fund for YJ girls. Every penny goes back to the girls.
That is good news. It is a club decision then on the selection criteria and process for these awards.

On the other hand YJ do charge high fees for tournaments.. Most are 100.00 and up.
Lacrosse pricing is just generally more expensive than other sports like soccer. That is the nature of where the price points currently sit. The pricing for the Elite Showcase was $100.00 team entry fee and $60.00 per player with a minimum total of $1000.00.

There are tournaments and clubs that have lower (and higher) pricing. It is up to the parents, as consumers, to decide on the value-for-money proposition.

Thanks for the answers and contribution.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Can someone tell my why lax tournament fees are so expensive? They charge upwards of $70 per player. With a roster of 20 girls that comes out to $1400 per team. This is 2 or 3 times more than soccer tournament fees. Am I missing something?
This is not Yellow Jacket specific - actually, this is a topic worthy of its own discussion thread.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were signs posted all over the front gate letting you know what charities the Yellow Jackets generously donate to...I am assuming that you were not even there and did not see the multitude of signs...wish this site was not anonymous posting and you maybe have the courage to come forward and let everyone know who you are spreading all these malicious lies...the cost of the tourney is not 70 pp either. Please before you post get your facts straight. The LI Elite Showcase
raises money for charity and to cover tourney expenses. You have no clue about the LI Elite Lacrosse Club.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There were signs posted all over the front gate letting you know what charities the Yellow Jackets generously donate to...I am assuming that you were not even there and did not see the multitude of signs
BOTC was at the tournament and did not see these signs, but that does not mean they weren't there - but they certainly were not what we were thinking about at the fields.

...wish this site was not anonymous posting and you maybe have the courage to come forward and let everyone know who you are spreading all these malicious lies.
And your name would be ...? BOTC is registering one user at a time - feel free to join.

..the cost of the tourney is not 70 pp either.Please before you post get your facts straight.
The post to which your are responding was a generic posting but for the record, the Elite was $60.00 per player with a minimum of 15 players per team and a $100.00 team registration fee.

The LI Elite Showcase raises money for charity and to cover tourney expenses. You have no clue about the LI Elite Lacrosse Club.
The Elite Showcase was not a charity event. If net revenues are donated to charities, that is at the discretion of the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The signs were taken down after the first 3 hours...that is all the time that donations are collected....although it is not listed as a charity event I can tell you the money goes to many different and deserving causes.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The signs were taken down after the first 3 hours...that is all the time that donations are collected....although it is not listed as a charity event I can tell you the money goes to many different and deserving causes.
Lacrosse fan, thank you for the valuable update. Information from our lax community is an exceptionally important thing to share.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just saying......

The donation goes to a scholarship fund for YJ girls. Every penny goes back to the girls. On the other hand YJ do charge high fees for tournaments.. Most are 100.00 and up.

How do you know that every penny goes back to the yellow jackets kids????Just saying????

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How do you know that every penny goes back to the yellow jackets kids????Just saying????
You don't. Quite frankly, it is not your concern or my concern.

However, BOTC trusts a successful business partner to us implicitly and totally on financial matters. There is nothing, repeat nothing, in evidence at any level supporting your question.

Just answered. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

However, BOTC trusts a successful business partner to us implicitly and totally on financial matters. There is nothing, repeat nothing, in evidence at any level supporting your question.

Just answered. Period.

Its so funny, this lacrosse hater...just saying. I sincerely hope that you go and play elsewhere. No one if forcing your child to play for this organization (although it is the best) and if your club team enters this, or any other tourney that you feel may be making too much money! then tell your coaches you do not want to play there. You sound like a spiteful child trying to muddy waters.

The yJ has to pay for fields, coaches, hotels for coaches, hotels for their directors, advertising and a million other things that we don't know about. Again, its like a tv program you don't want to watch, if you are unhappy go change the channel, but don't feel like you are educating other parents out there. You are not. Everything is spelled out on their website, Club costs and tourney fees. Just saying...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just answered. Period.

Its so funny, this lacrosse hater...just saying. I sincerely hope that you go and play elsewhere. No one if forcing your child to play for this organization (although it is the best) and if your club team enters this, or any other tourney that you feel may be making too much money! then tell your coaches you do not want to play there. You sound like a spiteful child trying to muddy waters.

The yJ has to pay for fields, coaches, hotels for coaches, hotels for their directors, advertising and a million other things that we don't know about. Again, its like a tv program you don't want to watch, if you are unhappy go change the channel, but don't feel like you are educating other parents out there. You are not. Everything is spelled out on their website, Club costs and tourney fees. Just saying...

My child does plays for another organization. I always had been a smart shopper and when I realized too much money was going to YJ’s profit and not enough to the kids we changed organization. It’s funny how you and BOTC are being very defensive when one simple question was asked. “How do you know that you’re Donation is being used for that purpose that you gave the money??? You be better off keep your money and give it to your own kid. Just Saying…….

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My child does plays for another organization. I always had been a smart shopper and when I realized too much money was going to YJ’s profit and not enough to the kids we changed organization.
Well, we do not know how you could have determined the profit picture, but again, part of being a smart shopper is determining the value of the service being offered. If you found the value to be lacking, that is your choice as a consumer.

It’s funny how you and BOTC are being very defensive when one simple question was asked. “How do you know that you’re Donation is being used for that purpose that you gave the money???
Defensive? No, absolutely not. Your question was not asked innocently and was designed to evoke a reaction of an improper use of funds. Why else would one question the destination of charitable funds? BOTC wanted to cut that debate before it even started.

You be better off keep your money and give it to your own kid. Just Saying…….
Giving the money to your own children is certainly a self-directed charity fund-raiser. With the cost of on-campus, private collegiate education now in the $40,000-$55,000 range per year, saving those dollars is your best course of action.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were signs posted all over the front gate letting you know what charities the Yellow Jackets generously donate to...I am assuming that you were not even there and did not see the multitude of signs
BOTC was at the tournament and did not see these signs, but that does not mean they weren't there - but they certainly were not what we were thinking about at the fields.

...wish this site was not anonymous posting and you maybe have the courage to come forward and let everyone know who you are spreading all these malicious lies.
And your name would be ...? BOTC is registering one user at a time - feel free to join.

..the cost of the tourney is not 70 pp either.Please before you post get your facts straight.
The post to which your are responding was a generic posting but for the record, the Elite was $60.00 per player with a minimum of 15 players per team and a $100.00 team registration fee.

The LI Elite Showcase raises money for charity and to cover tourney expenses. You have no clue about the LI Elite Lacrosse Club.
The Elite Showcase was not a charity event. If net revenues are donated to charities, that is at the discretion of the club.

actually if you are a yj player the fee for the tournament was 100.00

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ cost: $100 times an average roster size of 22 = $2200.
This is verus tournament cost of $60 times 22 plus $100 = $1420.
Sounds like additional profit of $780 per team on top of the profit gotten from non-yellow jackets teams (other than charity tournaments like lax for a cure, tournaments are run to make money). There weren't any coaches' hotels to pay for for this tourny either.
I'm not saying that it's bad for a business to make money. I'm not saying that the value isn't there (for most it is, for some it isn't).
Coach Rose undoubtedly does care about the kids and has been ,nown to gout of her way to help.
But, please let's admit that this IS a business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well All I observed her do all day is write checks to about 60 coaches!! She employs many College players for the summer who need the money as well as officials, fields, field lining, DJ,Tourney Committee,insurance for players to name a few. So maybe no hotels this week but come on....

I payed the same tourney fee for Hofstra,Stonybrook and Adelphi tourney last year....

By the way have you attempted to calculate how much all the other tourneys held on Long island make too?? Why this one?? what about all the tourneys held all over the country for that matter?? Have you gave thought to those??

Or is this just another futile attempt at bashing the YJ program again!!!

Well I am certain I will witness another ten thousand be handed back to the kids in her program. was happy to pay 10 bucks to support the kids and by the way program was awesome full color photos. That must have cost plenty...

The YJ program continues to Rise above the rest keep up the good work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just brought my daughter home from Amonte team camp tonight that was cancelled due to lightning....talk about cost of lacrosse, 2350.00 a team 18 teams scrimmaging for 3 nights. Was told there would be College Coaches running teams but my daughters was coached by a former College player..nice young lady but not a College Coach. Hope the next 2 nights are worth the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to former Yellow Jacket Shannon Smith for making the US Senior Team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just brought my daughter home from Amonte team camp tonight that was cancelled due to lightning....talk about cost of lacrosse, 2350.00 a team 18 teams scrimmaging for 3 nights. Was told there would be College Coaches running teams but my daughters was coached by a former College player..nice young lady but not a College Coach. Hope the next 2 nights are worth the money.

You got it wrong it was 3250 a true waste of money. Only 1 day left
Camp coached by teenagers. Can we say rip off now let's add that up 3250 times 16-18 teams not bad for 6 hours

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected...3250 a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess when you are the most successful coach in the nation, you name your price and the people will come.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter was there and was coached by a college coach. Well, an assistant coach from a big name university. I didn't stay and watch but my daughter reported that there were a ton of coaches present. It is my understanding, and I may be wrong, that a coach is assigned to your team for scrimmages, but that another coach will lead the skills portion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter only had a college player, can't say the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a college coach as well and she barely spoke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year my daughter did this. She thought the skills or camp portion was a waste of time but that the scrimmages were great. She had a conflict or would have done the games this year again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
My daughter was there and was coached by a college coach. Well, an assistant coach from a big name university. I didn't stay and watch but my daughter reported that there were a ton of coaches present. It is my understanding, and I may be wrong, that a coach is assigned to your team for scrimmages, but that another coach will lead the skills portion.

Both our team and the team we played was coached by college player.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Well, my daughter has corrected me. She had a college player, too. The coach was on her field (two teams) leading some skills training, but the college player was in charge of the team, and once the scrimmages started the coach left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to former Yellow Jacket Shannon Smith for making the US Senior Team
she is an awesome player, congrats to her!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the 2012 try outs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent new to travel lacrosse, was wondering if someone could answer some questions. First, could someone with a child on the yellow jackets comment on their experiences this year (especially if it was their first year.) I've never seen them play (or any of the other travel teams for that matter) and am told by parents of another club that the coaches constantly yell and berate their players. I'd like to hear it from a team parent to get their perspective if possible. Also, has anyone heard about when they will be holding their tryouts? Seems alot of clubs have scheduled theirs' but haven't seen anything about the YJ. Any inside info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent new to travel lacrosse, was wondering if someone could answer some questions. First, could someone with a child on the yellow jackets comment on their experiences this year (especially if it was their first year.) I've never seen them play (or any of the other travel teams for that matter) and am told by parents of another club that the coaches constantly yell and berate their players. I'd like to hear it from a team parent to get their perspective if possible. Also, has anyone heard about when they will be holding their tryouts? Seems alot of clubs have scheduled theirs' but haven't seen anything about the YJ. Any inside info would be appreciated. Thanks.

I suggest that you tryout for a couple different clubs and see how your daughter does. I am happy with the yjs. My daughter's coach dies not yell and berate them. If you are looking for the club with the most recognition then yjs is the one. If you want a more low key club then try top guns, express or wave. Just educate yourself. These boards aren't always right and sometimes exaggerated. Oir example a team may win a tournament but the tournament itself may hold little prestige.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I suggest that you tryout for a couple different clubs and see how your daughter does. I am happy with the yjs. My daughter's coach dies not yell and berate them. If you are looking for the club with the most recognition then yjs is the one. If you want a more low key club then try top guns, express or wave. Just educate yourself. These boards aren't always right and sometimes exaggerated. Oir example a team may win a tournament but the tournament itself may hold little prestige.

Thanks for your honesty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group is your child. My daughter plays for the 2017 and the coaches are wonderful! So supportive. It has been my experience that most of the yj coaches are great and do not yell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played for YJ 2017 red this past year and the coaching was terrible in comparison to that of the 2017 blue and gold teams. The 2 higher level teams had scrimmages planned, played in outside leagues with parent coaches, and were able to progress significantly as players. My daughters team was coached by two excellent college players, however they were not at all of the tournaments and did not seem to have the experience that the other coaches were able to provide. It was a frustrating and difficult year for me as a parent and my daughter as a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group is your child. My daughter plays for the 2017 and the coaches are wonderful! So supportive. It has been my experience that most of the yj coaches are great and do not yell

My daughter is only going into 5th grade. Thanks for your input.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter is going into 5th grade the coach for their top level team is excellent however that team has far too many girls and some political issues. Prior to you asking no my daughter does not play for this team but friends do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is starting 9th grade and made her schools varsity lacrosse team as an 8th grader.HS team is by no means a strong lacrosse schhol team or area known to have strong feeder programs. Looking to find out if the lower level Yellow Jacket teams are even worth trying out for at her age(. We are not looking for her to gain anything but more skill and experience. I do not have an inflated opinion of daughters ability, no rose colored glasses.Have olDer kids that play coLlege sports, so no that's not her goal either at this point, but maybe later she might want to, so I want her to have the choice/options later.
What skill level are most teams? Are the yellow jacket teams even beyond her reach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is starting 9th grade and made her schools varsity lacrosse team as an 8th grader.HS team is by no means a strong lacrosse schhol team or area known to have strong feeder programs. Looking to find out if the lower level Yellow Jacket teams are even worth trying out for at her age(. We are not looking for her to gain anything but more skill and experience. I do not have an inflated opinion of daughters ability, no rose colored glasses.Have olDer kids that play coLlege sports, so no that's not her goal either at this point, but maybe later she might want to, so I want her to have the choice/options later.
What skill level are most teams? Are the yellow jacket teams even beyond her reach?

That is one of the very positive aspects of the YJ's, they have 4 teams at that age group, so your daughter should find a team that fits her skill level. As far as coaching, all the teams in that age group have a varsity level coach on its staff. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like YJ have posted their tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 327 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard