BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 69 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Here are some of teams who Terps Black has played since Fall and their record against the teams,

Crabs (MD) (0-2)
Turtles (0-1)
Trueblue (1-1)
West Coast Stars (CA) (1-1)
Breakers (MD) (1-0)
Green Turtle(MD) (1-0)
Dukes(PA) (2-1)
Vipers 2016 (1-0)
Jesters Blk (1-0)
Outlaws Blk (1-0)
TriState (NJ) Black (1-0)
CT Westfield 2016 (1-0)
Superstar 2016 (1-0)
Shamrocks (NJ) (1-0)
Resolute (OH) (1-0)

I think the "strength of schedule" is pretty obvious.

Please share TLI, 91, TB, fl$ and of course your Gladiators list.

When did Terps Black beat the Outlaws Black???????????

Terps Black beat Outlaws in Fall in seaford

Not true. There may have been an instructional scrimmage with coaches on the field but there was no game or refs.

lol, ok.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws Black is beyond overrated in the Kings Point League, GC and BBL abosolutly destroyed them i don't understand why so much hype goes to this Outlaws team. The're not that good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiators
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Here are some of teams who Terps Black has played since Fall and their record against the teams,

Crabs (MD) (0-2)
Turtles (0-1)
Trueblue (1-1)
Breakers (MD) (1-0)
Green Turtle(MD) (1-0)
Dukes(PA) (2-1)
Vipers 2016 (1-0)
Jesters Blk (1-0)
Outlaws Blk (1-0)
CT Westfield 2016 (1-0)
Superstar 2016 (1-0)
Shamrocks (NJ) (1-0)
Resolute (OH) (1-0)

Not true. There may have been an instructional scrimmage with coaches on the field but there was no game or refs.

You guy sound like little baby's... Terps black won, no it was a scrimmage not a game. No outlaws is better, no terps black is better. You are doing instructional scrimmages at 14 years old with caches on the field? Man up and set up a AE and see Whois better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club team has played all teams on that list
except True Blue. It was ignorant for me to list
them. Apologies. From experience I can tell you Turtles
are significantly better than any other team on Long
Island. We can debate after the summer tourneys, I believe
91, Express, fl$ and Turtles are all down in Baltimore
at some point this year. Until then I will sit back and
watch the LI daddies attack the Turtles and argue about
which club team is best!
Why try to incite folks to attack the Turtles? They ARE the tops! Hopefully, people will attack the childishly stupid logic applied to this ridiculous thread, and its "I can beat you up, if I can take HIM, and HE beat YOU up LAST YEAR" reasoning. It is not even entertaining. Devoid of logical reasoning. Even if some of the stats used could be applied, how do we factor the "on any given Sunday" effect, or the "ever changing rosters" belonging to some of the clubs mentioned? Play hard and enjoy

Incite??? I paid them a compliment, a lot more than most do on this forum...Turtles are better, most on LI have inflated views of their teams...end of Summer we can all rehash our arguments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws Black is beyond overrated in the Kings Point League, GC and BBL abosolutly destroyed them i don't understand why so much hype goes to this Outlaws team. The're not that good

Total agree!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still think 3 Village is solid at 8 or 9. They play hard team defense and have a good middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then get Outlaws Black off the list - checkmate sharks beat them at battle of monmouth tournament on sunday. any given sunday !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue beat every team on the list that they played.
They did not play gladiators or turtles

they are playing this weekend on LI

Half games count?? lol. Post the teams you guys have played would love to see your strength of schedule. Quality opponents on a regular basis are kinda important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]2017:

1- Turtles
2- True Blue A
3- Gladiatorsf
4- 91 Orange
5- fl$
6- Team Long Island
7- Terps Black
8- Outlaws Black
9- Terps/terps black
10- Three Village

Crabs (MD) (0-2)
Turtles (0-1)
Trueblue (1-1)
Breakers (MD) (1-0)
Green Turtle(MD) (1-0)
Dukes(PA) (2-1)
Vipers 2016 (1-0)
Jesters Blk (1-0)
Outlaws Blk (1-0)
CT Westfield 2016 (1-0)
Superstar 2016 (1-0)
Shamrocks (NJ) (1-0)
Resolute (OH) (1-0)

lol, ok.

Outlaws have not played Terps black but hAve played a mix of Terps black/ Terps and beat them twice and tied once.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still think 3 Village is solid at 8 or 9. They play hard team defense and have a good middie.

Thinking about the town tournaments over the years for this age group , syosset, West Islip , Sayville have all beaten 3 village. Smithtown also as a town team is very strong for this age.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strength of schedule???? You probably keep your kids stats too Terp dad and wanna be turtle dad. Lets keep this simple...You are an idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No dog in the fight, but have to agree. They did poorly in for what was the most part a NJ town team tournament this past weekend, which was won by Summit, NJ a pretty strong town team. Sharks and Outlaws did not make it to the finals. Summit won the tournament I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thinking about the town tournaments over the years for this age group , syosset, West Islip , Sayville have all beaten 3 village. Smithtown also as a town team is very strong for this age.

Ward Melville, West Islip, Syosset, Northport, Smithtown, Garden City, and Manhasset all have strong town teams at this age group. Ward Melville has just as good a town team as any and three of their better players dont play with them. We play them all the time and they are as scrappy and hard nosed as any team out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember fl$ strictly adheres to equal playing time which causes them to lose some games that they would win if they played their best 9-12 the whole game. This was quite clear when played Gladiators during the fl$ tournament and were winning most of the game until equal playing time kicked in. Might have also beaten True Blue the weekend before if it were not for equal time. But if you want to only go by wins and losses then it is what it is. But if you want to go by talent of their best players then they are as good as almost anybody.
This may be true, but it sounds a tad fetched. A little sour-grapes ish.

No, not far-fetched, just a fact. My son plays on fl$ 2015. It's an equal-play philosophy. It can definitely be painful to watch at times given the talent on the bench but in the end it seems to work out. Given the angry emotions that wins and losses seem to bring out in parents on this blog, maybe fl$ is doing the right thing in a sport gone mad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Village just went 1-4 in the fl$ tournament. They shouldn't even be in this conversation....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strength of schedule???? You probably keep your kids stats too Terp dad and wanna be turtle dad. Lets keep this simple...You are an idiot.

"I have no comeback so let me throw a immature insult of name calling" or, "my team has a weak list of opponents compared to the posted team schedule" good stuff.

Not a "Terp" dad, as far as you calling me a wanna be turtle dad lets just say, IF you only knew! In the meantime, post the teams your sons team has played (STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE) thus far to compare the level of competition these talented LI teams have played (or going to play). Have a great day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone (preferably a LI Express parent) clarify the difference between Terps and Terps Black? Where do the extra players come from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how strength of schedule factors into this ranking. Most of these teams have played each other enough to provide an implied ranking. How one team played against a team that no one else has played really doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess...you happen to be the parent of the "good middie"? 1-4 is not being able to keep up with the better travel teams. Maybe time to check out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok 3 Village Dad did you see GC and fl$ destroy your sons team over the weekend and 3 Village finished 1-4 over the weekend. What point are you trying to make if you have nothing to back it up with

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Village just went 1-4 in the fl$ tournament. They shouldn't even be in this conversation....

It's a 3 Village Dad don't worry about it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone (preferably a LI Express parent) clarify the difference between Terps and Terps Black? Where do the extra players come from?

My son plays for the 2017 Terps. When we play our games there are 6-8 Terps Black team players that also play with us. None of the player on my sons Terps team play with the Terps black team. The 2 teams don't play in the same tournaments or even on the same weekend so that the strongest players can play on both teams. I don't agree with it and will not have my son play with the express next year but after 5 years of being a part of the express I know that the rosters are very fluid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you left out that you are 1-1 versus the Gladiators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how strength of schedule factors into this ranking. Most of these teams have played each other enough to provide an implied ranking. How one team played against a team that no one else has played really doesn't matter.

Respectfully disagree, it does matter. Strength of schedule shows how the teams compete against other elite teams from ALL OVER the nation (not just LI where there is a comfort zone). Teams like turtles, terps black and trueblue (and once in a while, 91) play very tough schedules all the time. The players are truly challenged. Best play the best, to see if a team can "hang" or do you get "blownout".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a younger son and happen to watch the 2017 fl$ offense dominate 3 Village team defense. I am sure they are a very good town team. Perhaps there better defensive players play elsewhere in the summer. The current 3 Village summer team did not seem nearly as strong as the prevoius blogs claim. GC 17 should be on the list a before 3 Village. It's really not even a discussion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are requested by Captain Kirk and arrive from the starship Enterprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember fl$ strictly adheres to equal playing time which causes them to lose some games that they would win if they played their best 9-12 the whole game. This was quite clear when played Gladiators during the fl$ tournament and were winning most of the game until equal playing time kicked in. Might have also beaten True Blue the weekend before if it were not for equal time. But if you want to only go by wins and losses then it is what it is. But if you want to go by talent of their best players then they are as good as almost anybody.
This may be true, but it sounds a tad fetched. A little sour-grapes ish.

No, not far-fetched, just a fact. My son plays on fl$ 2015. It's an equal-play philosophy. It can definitely be painful to watch at times given the talent on the bench but in the end it seems to work out. Given the angry emotions that wins and losses seem to bring out in parents on this blog, maybe fl$ is doing the right thing in a sport gone mad.

Like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no "understanding" the ranking. Its ridiculous! It is one mans opinion based on the fall schedule. Terps Black lost to TB once & then beat them once in a tournamnet held in March. They have not played Gladiators, (oh wait, some of them did while playing on another Terps team but, lost, so that doesnt matter) they have not played 91, nor Outlaws but, daddy is still stamping his feet & saying Terps Black is #2 on LI! The whole thing is a joke. Let the summer play out & even then, it does not even matter. These boys have tremendous talent & they all respect eachother. The parents are crazy!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok 3 Village Dad did you see GC and fl$ destroy your sons team over the weekend and 3 Village finished 1-4 over the weekend. What point are you trying to make if you have nothing to back it up with

shall we all end this yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no "understanding" the ranking. Its ridiculous! It is one mans opinion based on the fall schedule. Terps Black lost to TB once & then beat them once in a tournamnet held in March. They have not played Gladiators, (oh wait, some of them did while playing on another Terps team but, lost, so that doesnt matter) they have not played 91, nor Outlaws but, daddy is still stamping his feet & saying Terps Black is #2 on LI! The whole thing is a joke. Let the summer play out & even then, it does not even matter. These boys have tremendous talent & they all respect eachother. The parents are crazy!!!

Terps Black played Gladiators twice in OBLL - 1 win, 1 loss. Terps lost to the Gladiators in the Lax Splash final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles play True Blue in first game of tournament this weekend at Mitchel Field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays for the 2017 Terps. When we play our games there are 6-8 Terps Black team players that also play with us. None of the player on my sons Terps team play with the Terps black team. The 2 teams don't play in the same tournaments or even on the same weekend so that the strongest players can play on both teams. I don't agree with it and will not have my son play with the express next year but after 5 years of being a part of the express I know that the rosters are very fluid.

If you are a terp parent you would know that the strongest players from the black team were not put on regular terps team roster nor will ever play for both teams. These kids are the impact players on tht team. Those on both rosters do not get a ton of playing time for the most part and playing on regular terps gives them more opportunity for playing time. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Terps Black just loose 3 out of 5 over weekend but who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe he just looks good because he's on that team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are a terp parent you would know that the strongest players from the black team were not put on regular terps team roster nor will ever play for both teams. These kids are the impact players on tht team. Those on both rosters do not get a ton of playing time for the most part and playing on regular terps gives them more opportunity for playing time. .

Correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct.

Yup, I concur as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps Black played Gladiators twice in OBLL - 1 win, 1 loss. Terps lost to the Gladiators in the Lax Splash final.

Pretty sure terps black played their first games together this past weekend. Anything prior to that, including any spring games, was optional. Those that also played hs ball had to put that first and couldn't commit to travel. So I'm not understanding where or how these rankings can be justified. That being said, the blacks had some tough competition last weekend and look forward to the challenge of upping their game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure terps black played their first games together this past weekend. Anything prior to that, including any spring games, was optional. Those that also played hs ball had to put that first and couldn't commit to travel. So I'm not understanding where or how these rankings can be justified. That being said, the blacks had some tough competition last weekend and look forward to the challenge of upping their game.

well then, your rationale applies to all clubs and teams, most of the top group have kids that played HS ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you all realize that you have gone completely insane!!!!
Wins and Loses on summer teams is meaningless. All that matters is individual talent. Teams don't get recruited!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is silly, what you said about black terms "together for the first time" could be said about any travel team. Just stop with the excuses for you black terms dads. It is either the refs were tired or they have not played together etc.

What are you going to say at the next black terms loss, "it was too hot out" c'mon man...

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 69 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard