BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 126 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD won’t make it to the championship game in 2022. They are easy to defend. One player gets the ball and goes to goal, while the other players stand and watch. Easy!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where are the good lacrosse players from Calvert going for HS. That group usually moves the needle if they all go to the same school.

Huh? Hasn’t worked yet so far... lots of puzzling ranks in IAAM. RPCS being in last place is one of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the good lacrosse players from Calvert going for HS. That group usually moves the needle if they all go to the same school.

What are you talking about? In what year did a bunch of girls from Calvert School make a difference by what schools they attend? Their teams have never done well against the MS teams from the other IAAM schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD won’t make it to the championship game in 2022. They are easy to defend. One player gets the ball and goes to goal, while the other players stand and watch. Easy!

Well, I wouldn’t go that far. They are not “easy” to defend, but they are very predictable, which makes them easier to defend, you know who will start the play with ball and who will 9 times out of 10 end the play with the ball. And like the other post said, that won’t change until the 22 class graduates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My mistake, you are absolutely correct. They are very predictable. I am a former coach in the IAAM, and I watched the championship game. If McD has the same strategy in 2022, they will struggle. They have very good players, but not utilizing the talent and playing as a team. Team play will beat you, as witnessed in the championship game. I think SPSG had ten assists against McD’s one. That tells the story. Also, does anyone know how many goals McD scored at the eight? Seems like that is one of their strategies…penalties within the eight. That is not an assured winning strategy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? Hasn’t worked yet so far... lots of puzzling ranks in IAAM. RPCS being in last place is one of them.

Nothing puzzling about RPCS. They ran off a very good and successful coach in KM and the school doesn't support he lacrosse program. Hence they've become one of the worst teams in the league and should drop to B if they aren't going to bring in any good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My mistake, you are absolutely correct. They are very predictable. I am a former coach in the IAAM, and I watched the championship game. If McD has the same strategy in 2022, they will struggle. They have very good players, but not utilizing the talent and playing as a team. Team play will beat you, as witnessed in the championship game. I think SPSG had ten assists against McD’s one. That tells the story. Also, does anyone know how many goals McD scored at the eight? Seems like that is one of their strategies…penalties within the eight. That is not an assured winning strategy.
They have 2 runs - get the draw, run, shoot & score. Or, get a foul and shoot from the eight. There is no Team within that team and no one can deny that. It's sad that players who are just as good, don't get the chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 2 runs - get the draw, run, shoot & score. Or, get a foul and shoot from the eight. There is no Team within that team and no one can deny that. It's sad that players who are just as good, don't get the chance.
This is fact. There is no assisting at McD, get the ball off the circle, go to goal. If you can’t, set up the play that is designed to get the shooting space call. 9 times out of 10 it’s the same player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is fact. There is no assisting at McD, get the ball off the circle, go to goal. If you can’t, set up the play that is designed to get the shooting space call. 9 times out of 10 it’s the same player.
Their offense looked lost when they played GCS without her. Only could score 3 goals in that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their offense looked lost when they played GCS without her. Only could score 3 goals in that game.

They did manage to beat NDP without her

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. She played in the NDP semi-final game and had four goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing puzzling about RPCS. They ran off a very good and successful coach in KM and the school doesn't support he lacrosse program. Hence they've become one of the worst teams in the league and should drop to B if they aren't going to bring in any good players.

KM was not a good coach. She came in and had good players there already. She’s awful and that’s why she was fired

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

KM was not a good coach. She came in and had good players there already. She’s awful and that’s why she was fired

And new coach came in and just took a pay check to run some practices. Didn’t bring any talent and didn’t work the youth leagues like the good coaches did. That cupboard is bare and no way out for quite a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. She played in the NDP semi-final game and had four goals.

Um, are you aware they played twice? The first time they played the player in question was out with a concussion just like in the GCS game they lost. McD beat NDP twice this year. Once with the player and once without.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

KM has won state championships at 2 different public schools and RPCS has a very strong run of seasons with her there. The new coach has done absolutely nothing to make the program better so if you're happy with what you have now you're probably in the minority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THIS IS AWESOME!!! No doubt.

And just like when she calls out inequality in the men's vs women's coverage...she is wrong when pointing the finger (Coaches/schools are the ones choosing their start times by the way, not the media, not ESPN). And she clearly can't identify the root cause here with her McD team either. It isn't about rolling with the one or two players and yelling at the rest of them. It is called a team for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI - TC does have a IAAM championship under her belt. Let’s not forget.

Ha - I would have a championship under my belt as well with that group...you aren't saying much unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Truth is you better get used to that. Watch any college team, not just UM. You don't see coaches running out a full second midfield typically. Girls lacrosse is completely different than boys in that respect. And the attack and defense rarely are subbed out at all.

maybe you aren't watching the right teams then because many teams are trending towards sub patterns through the midfield much like boys. Not with a full second line but definitely with O mids and D mids subbing on the fly. UNC/Northwestern/Towson...

Old school will be left in the dust soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man, TC is getting a lot of heat after winning a championship in her 1st year as a HC and losing in the Champ game her 2nd season. There are a lot of people that would like to "struggle" like that. And even if they were CR's recruits, someone has to coach them. Looks like she did a pretty good job in doing that. And say what you want but TC wants to WIN. Has shown that as a player and coach. So I seriously doubt she puts politics in front of winning.

In her first year she was totally out coached twice by MG. Yes they won in double OT both times but that SPSG team was totally outmanned and still should have won both games. When CRs 2019s and 2020s left the cupboard is pretty bare. Most the mcd girls are totally overrated. They have the #3 2022 in the country that had one goal in 2 games against spsg. The offense is completely predictable and the defense can’t stop anyone even though they have two top rated 2022 defenders going to Duke and BC. The BC commit got benched the last few games of the season by the great coach TC and was blamed for losses. I guess she’s now in category 3 with TC.
1 player should never be blamed for a loss. It’s a TEAM. Win as a TEAM, lose as a TEAM. That’s exactly where McD misses it-they ARE NOT a TEAM. It’s sad to watch. & even sadder that it will continue next Spring. How will the TEAM be handled then? Have to wait & see.
Offense won’t change until TE is gone. Then team play will return.

CORRECT - she only knows the UMD style of play which is the exact same thing. Run your horse til they die and hope you have the best recruits/players. See how that worked out this year for UMD...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know why that player’s is ranked so high and going to BC...[/quote]

I am soooo tired of hearing this quip. I have hard several 21 & 22 parents make these remarks. STOP IT !!! You’re just jealous. It’s dismissive of the girl’s’ accomplishments and makes you look petty. I’ve heard parents going around saying “her parents know the coach of XYZ school, her parents played with the coach of XYZ school, the coach of XYZ school knows her club director, she won’t play, she’ll no longer play middie, she didn’t get any money, she can’t handle the academics, “ etc.. you may be right or you may be wrong but it’s not for you to say. Keep it to yourself. Because I guarantee you 100% the same thing is being said about you daughter. Actually, I know it’s being said about your daughter.

If you’re running off at the mouth about these girls I hope you’re ok with the same thing being said about your kid. And if you’re not ok with it and don’t agree with it if it is said about your kid... that’s a hint to you that you shouldn’t be saying it about others. Grow up !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree 100%. Stop with the envious quotes about another “child” committing. Be happy with your child's commitment and stop worrying about other children. All of them work hard in the classroom and on the field. These quotes say more about you than the children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Truth is you better get used to that. Watch any college team, not just UM. You don't see coaches running out a full second midfield typically. Girls lacrosse is completely different than boys in that respect. And the attack and defense rarely are subbed out at all.

maybe you aren't watching the right teams then because many teams are trending towards sub patterns through the midfield much like boys. Not with a full second line but definitely with O mids and D mids subbing on the fly. UNC/Northwestern/Towson...

Old school will be left in the dust soon enough.

You kind of made my point for me. Yes, teams sub out one or two middies for Offense/Defense these days. But that's about the extent of the substitutions in many cases. I don't know of any woman's team that runs out a full second midfield on offense. Rarely do you see the starting attack or defense come off. So we're talking about very minimal substitutions in a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has any girl ever made IAAM all conference all four years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those IAAM all-conference is just lip service right?

I've never read some of those names in any press release this year of any kind. And I say that bc I've been looking for them!

We will see if the Sun has any write ups. Its been such a weird year for everything anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Julie Legar at Garrison Forest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never read some of those names in any press release this year of any kind. And I say that bc I've been looking for them!

We will see if the Sun has any write ups. Its been such a weird year for everything anyway.

Not sure why you'd think it's lip service. It's voted on by the other coaches. Coaches nominate their players and are not allowed to vote for their own.

The Sun never did any team rankings this season or any Spring Preview so I would not expect anything from them. The IAAM season is over and nothing was done other than some game write ups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure why you'd think it's lip service. It's voted on by the other coaches. Coaches nominate their players and are not allowed to vote for their own.

The Sun never did any team rankings this season or any Spring Preview so I would not expect anything from them. The IAAM season is over and nothing was done other than some game write ups.
It’s not really a true all conference team since each team has to have at least 1 player on. A true all conference team would only have a 1st team all conference and a 2nd team all conference with 12 girls on each team. Maybe a draw specialist added too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not really a true all conference team since each team has to have at least 1 player on. A true all conference team would only have a 1st team all conference and a 2nd team all conference with 12 girls on each team. Maybe a draw specialist added too

Not every team had a representative. RPCS did not this year. Each coach can nominate up to 5 of their players and the other coaches vote(cannot vote for their own players). There is a set limit of all conference selections based on the number of teams in the conference. This year it was 26 so the 26 girls that got the most votes were selected.

Would it make more sense to have a 1st and second team by position? Maybe. Doesn't mean it's lip service though. The 26 girls selected were voted on by the coaches that they played against.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not every team had a representative. RPCS did not this year. Each coach can nominate up to 5 of their players and the other coaches vote(cannot vote for their own players). There is a set limit of all conference selections based on the number of teams in the conference. This year it was 26 so the 26 girls that got the most votes were selected.

Would it make more sense to have a 1st and second team by position? Maybe. Doesn't mean it's lip service though. The 26 girls selected were voted on by the coaches that they played against.
if the IAAM is not putting the best players in the conference on the all conference team then its lip service. there are selections to this team that are not the best in the conference. They may be the best on their team but not better than others players in the league who should be on the team. And no I will not name the player, position or school. There should be a 1st and 2nd team and if a lot of players from one school are named then so be it, that just means that school has a lot of the best players and probably made the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As my daughter enters the recruiting phase/age, I'm curious to know which programs have a reputation for having well run programs - good coaches, good team environment, good support for student athletes, etc.
my daughter loves lacrosse and enjoys being part of a team and plays for her teammates and coaches as much as herself. Looking for inside info on programs that aren't necessarily top ranked but have the other elements in spades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't show up for the end of year coaches meeting, you can't nominate any of your players. You have to be present to make an oral presentation to the other coaches. Most teams get 2 players, if you are in the championship game and win, you generally get 3 or 4 players. If you're a coach of a school that didn't fair very well in the season, you need to come armed with statistics if you want to make a good case for a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD had a freshman start all season this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD had a freshman start all season this year.

Big deal, a number of schools have freshman start all year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As my daughter enters the recruiting phase/age, I'm curious to know which programs have a reputation for having well run programs - good coaches, good team environment, good support for student athletes, etc.
my daughter loves lacrosse and enjoys being part of a team and plays for her teammates and coaches as much as herself. Looking for inside info on programs that aren't necessarily top ranked but have the other elements in spades.

Just like they tell you for college, you should never pick a school based on their athletics programs.
Just look at RPCS. We have a few girls on our club team who go there and I know they were looking at at least two others schools. How heartbreaking it is to be stuck like that.
And all of the revelations about McD?
The roster at NDP is 45+(?) and studs my daughters age hardly got any playing time this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like they tell you for college, you should never pick a school based on their athletics programs.
Just look at RPCS. We have a few girls on our club team who go there and I know they were looking at at least two others schools. How heartbreaking it is to be stuck like that.
And all of the revelations about McD?
The roster at NDP is 45+(?) and studs my daughters age hardly got any playing time this year.

Coaches play studs ! If she’s that good she needs to transfer to an equal school where she will play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if the IAAM is not putting the best players in the conference on the all conference team then its lip service. there are selections to this team that are not the best in the conference. They may be the best on their team but not better than others players in the league who should be on the team. And no I will not name the player, position or school. There should be a 1st and 2nd team and if a lot of players from one school are named then so be it, that just means that school has a lot of the best players and probably made the finals.
It’s ok, your defender won’t lose her offer from one of the TOP D1 programs in the country just because she wasn’t named.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would it make more sense to have a 1st and second team by position? Maybe. Doesn't mean it's lip service though. The 26 girls selected were voted on by the coaches that they played against.[/quote]
if the IAAM is not putting the best players in the conference on the all conference team then its lip service. there are selections to this team that are not the best in the conference. They may be the best on their team but not better than others players in the league who should be on the team. And no I will not name the player, position or school. There should be a 1st and 2nd team and if a lot of players from one school are named then so be it, that just means that school has a lot of the best players and probably made the finals.[/quote]
It’s ok, your defender won’t lose her offer from one of the TOP D1 programs in the country just because she wasn’t named.[/quote]
she is on the list...just saying there are girls who should be on but were not because of the way the all conference team is selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter thought the list was spot on. I will be very surprised if the girl from Garrison is still there this coming fall. She has to be getting offers to move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would the Garrison girl leave? started as a freshman, made all conference, plays with several of her club teammates. her twin sister on the team. maybe she wants to build something, vs taking the approach of going to an established schoo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would the Garrison girl leave? started as a freshman, made all conference, plays with several of her club teammates. her twin sister on the team. maybe she wants to build something, vs taking the approach of going to an established schoo.

Much respect to her for committing there and helping that program get better. She will get where she needs thru club and leave a nice legacy at Gfs. Her iaam honor was deserved too. She played with the big dogs all year and produced well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 126 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard